Avisetoll fradulant charges

For the second time Avis charged me for using their Etoll device, even though I never used it and paid cash for the one toll booth I go through. The first time they asked me to submit a receipt (fortunately I had asked for one), then wouldn't except the receipt as there was a 20 minute differential between my receipt and what their system showed me going through the toll booth. I had to escalate the issue to someone at corporate and eventually they gave me a refund. So now it happens again, and I get to go through the wonderful process of convincing them I didn't use that device. What's more interesting is that the first thing I do when I get in my rental car is tear the etoll device off the windshield and throw it in the glove box, so have no idea how it picked it up.
My advice - don't rent from Avis or if you have to make sure you get rid of that Etoll device.