The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Avis Car Rental — overcharging credit card
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
While on holiday in New York I rented a car for 2 weeks at $930 a week. As usual they wanted my credit card details and they blocked off around $1800. I returned it and fly back to Cyprus where I live. Then when I checked my account I found I'd been charged $2, 795! I managed to get in touch with the lady who rented the car and she said it was a mistake and they'd charged for 3 weeks instead of 2. but a month lated they have still not refunded the money and I can't seem to get in contact with them any more. I queried the sum with my credit card company but they aren't interested. It seems once they get your card details car hire firms just charge whatever they want.
More Avis Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Car Rental - outrageous debit on car scratch
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - avis frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses!
- Avis Rent A Car - over charge
- Avis Budget Car Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/misrepresentation
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - shuttle pick up at laguardia airport nyc
- Avis Rent A Car - lost and found / complaints process
- Avis - rental car mechanical problem