Aurora Health Carebilling/customer service

J

I called to make a yearly physical/check up with my primary doctor. I see a OBGYN (from another health providing company) yearly so I did not want a pelvic/ pap done which I told the scheduler and the doctor at the appointment. I discussed minor issues, such as hand pain, that I was having at the appointment as I believed this was a yearly checkup? The doctor suggested baseline lab work should be done, which I completed.

I received a bill in the mail for a office visit as Aurora will not bill the appointment as a preventative appointment, as they are saying I did not have a complete physical, and will not listen to me, the customer as to what my intention of the appointment was. Preventative services are 100% covered under my plan, but they will not bill as preventative and they will not listen to what my intention in making the appointment was. So next time I want to come in to see my doctor for a yearly physical I wont bring up any issues I might be having or it might not be preventative??? What??

The whole experience is infuriating, and ridiculous and I will never see an Aurora provider again or recommend them to my family or friends. Their customer service is horrible!