Aul WarrantyWon't pay

I bought a used 2002 vw passat. Eight, eight days later, yes, eight it was towed to the vw mechanics where it sits now, 13 days later! Aul will pay $3, 000. 00. The mechanics say it will take $4, 500. 00 to fix it correctly. These mechanics are rated # 1 in my state (Mo) , have been in business for years, and they know what they are talking about. As a matter of fact they said they have never experienced anything like what aul is trying to do to me. They remain in constant contact with me. I wish i could say the say for aul. We need to email your state attourney and your state's consumer help folks and corbon copy in these aul crooks. This is the email i have for aul; [protected]@aulcorp.com
We should not have to take this!!! And i intend not to!!!

• Mi
    Mikki Vickrey Feb 14, 2019

AUL, the service people I have dealt with all day are nice BUT the warranty SUCKS BIG TIME!! I have a transmission that is leaking and they ok'd $5, 000 for my trany to be fixed. The catch is they will not repair the one in the car but is willing to replace it w/a USED one! If I want the one in the car fixed I have to pay for the parts. This does not make any sense to me at all, why not fix the one in it?? DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY it is a RIP-OFF!! My Transmission guy is as puzzled as I am!! The used trany is $1, 200, I still have $ to work with what is the frickin' problem?? The used car people that sold me this vehicle a little over a month ago are just as shadey as the warranty they sold me!!! What in the hell is this world coming to?? How can we screw you is all I have heard during this catastrophe!! Buy a new car, will it be any better?? God Bless my transmission mechanic he is the only one, so far, that hasn't screwed me!! This is not over yet!!

• Ra
    raymond naterlin Aug 19, 2016

I agree with most of these people and have been investigating the AUL company warranty issues as i have one. I have not used it but when i purchased it there was nothing said about pre existing issues or maintenance schedules or records prior to my ownership of the vehicle. When they sell the warranty contract it is all about " your covered" "peace of mind" but i see ( as i suspected) that there are grey areas and the whole thing is worded to their advantage to be interpreted anyway they choose. i also see its not PAID/ they pay what they feel like paying/ or set limits on what they will pay for specific repairs and even dictate what parts will be used. This should all be informed to the warranty purchaser so the individual can be aware of how these companies operate. We as consumers also should have a legal source for dealing with fraud and abuse by such businesses and to keep them honest. I am surprised they are allowed to operate with all this : renaming vehicle parts and disavowing coverage and dictating cost of repairs and placing blame where there is none. I fortunately have made a living my whole life and never have i had to work in an industry that would make me daily compromise my integrity. If they do not want to pay? then do not sell contracts on old vehicles . If you have no intention to deliver for the unexpected ? then do not promise you will. If they try to cheat me out of what i see in the contract? I will enlist every legal means/ media attention/ fraud agency/ inspector general/
    you name it/ until i get satisfaction or my money back.

• Ta
    Tam501 Apr 11, 2016

My daughter just purchased a 2006 Pontiac G6. the electric power assist went out which is covered by the drivetrain. It's a recall which had been already fixed once. But the mechanic used the module word at the end of that part so they say it's not covered as it is electrical. (AUL warranty) Well the thing is, that this module or power assist is the whole power steering control without it you cant drive it as it's locked up. My grandson coming onto the freeway by on ramp that has a 90 degree turn all of a sudden the steering wheel locked up and went straight into the gravel area, thank god was there. I drove by it the other day and he locked those brakes up and burned some rubber.This crap with electrical steering, electrical transmission's and I'm sure there are more electrical this and that's that I haven't heard about yet. It's all about the name game or maybe word game. Gotta make sure you say it right or it wont be covered. Definitely filing against these guys and GM. This is considered a safety issue. Someone needs to pay.

• Ke
    Kevin Bramlett Dec 02, 2015

Purchased an extended warranty plan for $3, 500. I paid for every option available, including the enhanced electrical policy. They denied an electronic module that controls the blinkers, gas gauge, and hazard lights claim. They denied the claim due to some corrosion on the wire. The module is inside the rear quarter panel of my ML350..This is a classic case of a perfect warranty scenario.. No where in the contract did it state it would not cover any electrical component due to corrosion or whatever reason they deem necessary to deny the claim. I was told everything was covered with only a $100 deductible. When the service adviser called me AUL He told me they would not pay for anything, and they have the right to deny ANY claim. Very RUDE and basically only left me the option to sue them in small claims court. I was very courteous and respectful on the phone, however the representative that called me was very cynical and rude. A complete rip off company.. Extended warranties are for peace of mind in case the out of ordinary malfunction or repair happens to your vehicle. I realize they all have some restrictions but in my case purchasing the enhanced electrical policy that cost more should cover an electronic component that no one can access or knows exist.

• Te
    testamini Sep 05, 2015

I also purchased a warranty Contract back in July 2014 on my 2008 Mini Cooper. I recently had my car in the shop due to a timing chain that needs replaced. Thinking that Im good with having a Warranty I get a phone call from the dealership saying they wont cover my repairs due to me not honoring the contract. Meaning the Maintenance wasn't done oil changes every 4000 miles or 4 months . Well having a Mini Cooper we know there every 10, 000 miles with oil change. So that's where they got me on not covering the repairs needed. They would not budge and cancelled my contract . Im waiting for refund of course they will Pro rate it. I talked to 2 different customer service reps . Both were not helpful .. Horrible company .. Beware..

• Sn
    Snooges Feb 17, 2015

I currently am having problems too was told that I cannot change my own oil and that the oil is too old to use after 6 months after I bough it !!! Ima talk to a lawyer today and if we get enough complaints maybe we can make this a class action against AUL!!!

• Ni
    Nicki52731 Jan 01, 2015

I bought a 2011 Chevy Impala from a Chevy dealer a little over a year ago and purchased an extended warranty from them at the time, however; they failed to tell me it was an after market warranty which turned out to be AUL. No problems with the GM warrentty when I needed work done but this AUL warrentty is not number to bumper as the dealer indicated when I bought the vehicle. I am absolutely furious that I paid $2255 and that was not what I wanted. When I recently took my car in because there was air coming through the window when it was up that was when I found out that I had not purchased an extended GM warrenty but instead it was AUL. They covered nothing and I ended up with a bill that I had not expected. The dealer has not heard the end of this yet.

• Ea
    EarlFordTruck1 Dec 10, 2014

as a dealer selling this warranty I have been very satisfied with their claims rate. You should always have a car inspected by your personal mechanic and do some research before you buy any model of car or truck you may be interested in. As selling car dealer I do my best to stay away from problematic cars.

I was reading the threads really a LS Lincoln ? The Jaguar is a suck ### car nothing but problems. Range Rover is a total piece of crap. 2003 Durango, dude Google that truck for problems you would of never purchased it. That goes for any of you dummies that bought the cars you purchased or failed to have them independently inspected on your own. The only car in this thread that I do take chances on would be the F350 as long as its not the 6.0 and if it is the 6.0 make sure it has the modification done to the engine already. From time to time I will by the Lincoln LS but only in the V8. The 6 cyl has isues to many for me.

andy so cal Aug 27, 2014

These people are the worst...i have a few words i could call them but i will tell you what my nehaninehanic whos been in businesbusinessbusiness gor thirty years said about them...their crazy, insurance company is a fraud, and i should take them to small claims court. Dealer where i bought my charger said their being ridculous... im stuck and dont know what to do about a bad engine..hatehate these guys

• Tr
    Tracy Cooper Jul 11, 2014

In December of 2011, I purchased a 2006 Sonata from Cars for less in Mesa/Apache Junction Arizona, along with a $1500.00 warranty through AUL. 6 Months later the car was paid off with the warranty from AUL still in tact. In March of 2014 I took my car in to Horne Hyundai for the recall on the passenger seat belt. They found no faults, but while there I had them take a look at my passenger side front, as it was making funny noises. They repaired it, and I was told it was almost $300.00. I said "Wait, I have a warranty, with AUL" The repair shop call AUL to get it the authorization to get the lower control arm bushing repaired. It was all good. BUT when the technician started the car, he heard a "Clattering" upon start up, turned out to be the timing belt tensioner. I said well, call AUL and see if they will fix it. They had to send out a "Adjuster" to make sure that is what it was, and then they authorized repair of it. I was overjoyed to have my car back the next day, BUT I still heard the clattering upon start up. 3out of 5 times, so we took it back and they AGAIN, had to call out AUL to see what the problem was. THIS time it was the engine, according to the "Adjuster", and they authorized fixing the car. They replaced the engine with a super nice referbed engine. I got my car back 3 days later, absolutely thrilled with the engine, no clattering on start up, just HAPPY! All this happened between March and April. I was so tickled that I had my warranty with AUL, and now an additional 12000 mile 12 month warranty with Horne Hyundai, (on the motor) feeling so appreciative that if something did go wrong now, I am totally covered. NOT!!!
    I took my car down to Horne Hyundai today [protected] to have the drivers side upper control arm bushing, repaired, as I knew that I had the warranty still on my car for another 5 months. ONLY to find out that AUL had cancelled my warranty BECAUSE I had used up the AGGERGATE LIMIT Section 8 part Z in the service contract. I am so baffled at AUL for cancelling me. Apparently I was cancelled because my car's repairs had exceeded the limits of the AGGREGATE. I was told that my car was worth according to the NADA $6775.00 and all the repairs done to my car were in excess of that.
    #1) I purchased my car from a used car lot. No problem there, as I got the entire car history on it, and it used to be a rental car. We all know what happens when you get a rental now, don't we?
    # 2) It was owned by someone else after being a rental car, and was traded in, which is how the car lot I got it from acquired it.
    # 3) Why didn't AUL have the common courtesy to inform me that I was cancelled due to having spent so much on repairs?
    They didn't have a problem taking my $1500.00 up front, and I didn't have a problem with it until now.
    I have NEVER been so mad at a company for the silly Bull crap of being cancelled because "I went over my limit on repairs" I did call them and spoke to supervisor "BEN" who was just as much of a jerk as the entire company. I explained to him, #1 when the adjuster went out to authorize repair of the timing belt tensioner, why didn't he find the issues with the motor? his answer, .."Because the shop assured us that repairing the timing belt tensioner would fix the problem" REALLY? We all know that when it comes to repair shops, hole in the wall or big name companies, they are in it to make money. Just like these ###S! So to whom so ever does by a car with the option to get a warranty with AUL, ..think again. Nothing but a bunch of PREDITORS! and if you have no option but to get a warranty with them, ..PLEASE do your homework, be wise and don't let them pull any BULL on you!

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Jun 25, 2014

All vehicle service contracts have "what is covered" and "exclusions". It is the responsibility of the individual to read their contract. It is also the responsibility of the dealer to explain. Under no circumstances is a service agreement design to better the vehicle from the condition when it was purchased. You can usually cancel your coverage and get back a refund. Each state is different on how the refund is calculated. Also if you financed it with a lender the refund will go to them to be applied to the loan. Then cross your fingers that you don't have any more issues. If you want a VSC (vehicle service contract) that covers everything then buy an exclusionary type plan and be prepared to get out your checkbook if your buying a high mileage used vehicle. They are expensive. Otherwise take the chance of no breakdowns or just buy a basic powertrain warranty and negotiate a price for it. I also recommend taking your vehicle back to the selling dealer for service and to report a claim. Don't take it to "Billy Bob" down the street. The selling dealer is more likely to work with you. Billy wants to sell you a lot of other things and have you pay for the repairs. He will make more money off of you. Anybody buy a service contract on a big screen lately? You'll pay up to 35% of the total purchase price for a 2 year plan that covers almost everything. Now compare that to the % of what you would pay for a VSC on a $ 8, 000 - $ 18, 000 vehicle.

• De
    DEB YEAGLE Jun 24, 2014

This company takes advantage through the wording of their contract...the average person buying a vehicle doesn't understand all the hidden disclaimer's...we paid $2, 900 for the coverage...come to find out through my mechanic...it won't cover a cracked head..he said the way they wrote the contract up they don't pay hardly anything...I am filing with the Attorney General's Office...when my mechanic told them that...they just laughed...something has to been to protect the hard working citizens trying to do right by having additional coverage..we are stuck with a $2, 400 bill plus further paying these rip offs...we're contacting the Attorney General for the auto dealership...because they are part of the scam...

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Jun 10, 2014

I have worked with several warranty companies over several years. Like any insurance they are really great to have if you have a loss and its covered. Extended service contracts or vehicle service agreements are basically of two types. Stated coverage which states exactly what is covered and what is not and exclusionary coverage which covers everything except what is stated or excluded. Unfortunately most people either don't want to or can't afford to buy exclusionary coverage on a 4-5 year old vehicle with high mileage. It is expensive and there is a reason. Wake up people. You are buying a used vehicle and things break. Buy an older vehicle with higher mileage and its going to break even more often. Its not the warranty company's fault most of the time. Ask your dealer for their pre-sale vehicle inspection and repair checklist. Did your dealer even complete one? Was any money put into the vehicle by the dealer before you bought it? Did you ask for a carfax report on it? An extended warranty is designed to put fix "covered" repairs to put the vehicle back in the same condition it was in when you purchased it. Not improve the condition. Look over your service contract before you buy the vehicle and read what it says about "pre-existing" conditions, seals and gaskets, etc. Take the vehicle to your mechanic for inspection. Everybody wants to blame the warranty companies. Its too bad we never hear from the people that have had claims paid. Yes, warranty companies do pay claims. Reputable companies pay according to what is written in their agreements.

• Hu
    hukemahu Nov 02, 2013

I agree with almost all of you, i say almost because is a few positive reviews probably posted for the same people of A.U.L. administrators, '' but i want to save you problems with this people i can't believe how a company with as many complaints like this company it has been closed down yet by the autorize authorities, let me tell you this company is by far the worst cars warranty in the market, they will be nice to you only one time, went you pay and star you policy, after that you on you own, this people are training not to help you, not they are training to make you life imposible, until you give up and trow the towel, it does not matter if you claim is big of small you never will see a dime from this people, this company is the biggest bunch of crocks i ever run into in my life they beat everybody by far on any industry so, if you want to avoid trouble with imposible people to deal with, stay away from them you would not regret at all and please let everybody you know about it the word of the mouth is the best way to put this crooks out of bussinnes .

• Cy
    cyberman55 Oct 30, 2013

I recommend cancelling these contracts and receiving a pro-rata refund since they are worthless. It's secton 5 in my contract and we'll see if they try to squirm out of it. I already filed a complaint with my state's attorney general and since our company actually purchased the vehicle any legal expenses will be tax deductible. I purchased a 2004 F-150 in July. In October, it spit a spark plug, meaning the aluminum threads in the head failed and the cost was about 300 to repair via a thread insert. I figured, no problem, I'm covered, but boy was I wrong. The company sited the clause in the contract that states the head is covered, as is the engine block, but only if caused by failure of an internally lubricated part. I argued that the head IS an internally lubricated part, but the smart aleck supervisor I talked to refused to accept the argument.. He said he worked for Ford for 30 years and admitted this was a well known problem with the Triton 3 valve engine. I'm a mechanical engineer with years of automotive experience, in fact, I'm the guy who invented FRAM's sure-grip filter. If that's their argument, than a cracked engine block would not be covered and in mind, that's no coverage at all. I am fortunate in that we're less than 5% into this contract (both by date and mileage) so we should get most of the $1165 our company was ripped off. I suspect they'll try to worm out of the cancellation, but if they do, . I'll make them sorry. They're already sorry, but they just don't realize who they're dealing with. Our website is informedcorp.com if anyone wants to contact us. I'm in software engineering now as I decided this country is in a sorry state when it comes to mechanical engineering. This Triton engine proves my point. How can you fail in something so simple as keeping spark plugs from blowing out?

• Gr
    Gr8Dane Aug 07, 2013

I too have an extended warranty for a 2004 Lexus, and according to the paperwork, they cover the shocks and struts on the car. What they do not tell you is that it is "on condition" although it does not say it anywhere in the paperwork. The shocks on my car are completely shot, and because they do not leak (yes, leak) they will not cover them. This constitututes consumer and insurance fraud in almost every state out there. If there is a law suit in process, then it should be a class action lawsuit that covers every state and every consumer. AUL is a rip off and a fraud. Anyone who is even considering them for an extended warranty needs to be aware that these people are unscrupulous and frauds. They do NOT honor your warranty unless the wheels are falling off of your vehicle or the engine has blown on you - and then they do not cover the totoal cost of the repair. They are getting rich on the backs of an unsuspecting public.

• Je
    jessyca_miller8591 Jul 22, 2013

Do not buy any warranty from this company first of all their customer service was horrible I bought a 2006 envoy denali that is all electrical the dealership that sold me the warranty said it covered all electrical and more and I paid $2800 for this coverage! A week after I bought the car the tps sensor went bad and I took it to the dealer I bought it from they contacted this warranty place and the warramty place said they wouldn't fix anything electrical and that I had to pay $100 everytime the vehicle was worked on needless to say I was furious so I called their so called customer service line and was treated like ### I questioned (Valerie) about the warranty she told me well obviously the dealership who sold it was stupid and they needed to do their research because they don't cover anything electrical so I said really because it was in black and white on the forms I signed that they did cover it, she argued up and down with me about this and I even asked her if that was the case why would I pay $2800 for a warranty that I still have to pay out of pocket for and her exact words were " well maybe you should've asked yourself that before you bought the warranty" at this point I was more than furious I asked for a supervisor and I told this person that I wanted a refund for their ### warranty I was told no to talk to the dealership because it wasn't their problem!! I hope everyone will spread the word that this company is nothing but crooks and they only care about making money and not the welfare of their customers, I myself have told everyone I know and more about this experience because this is ###!! so good luck with business!!

• Nj
    Njamieson Jul 09, 2013

My fiancé and I have purchased a car and got the 5yr/100, 000 mile warranty as well. Well picked up the car brought it to be inspected passed, the next day check engine light came on. Brought it to dealer was told needs o2 sensor and tune up, neither covered under warranty. Dealer told us not there problem. Then some more lights come in needs wheel bearing. Now it is July, and we are having a problem with our car keeps over heating. No one is willing to help us, we have had nothing but problems
    With this car sense day one! These people are crooks make you pay for something that your never going to use. Waste of money, pain in the ### DON'T PURCHASE THERE WARRANTY WASTE OF MONEY!!!

• Ka
    Karuncho Jun 28, 2013

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Very disappointed. Called in to make a claim and once I was asked for an invoice number and had a hard time finding it they were very rude stating "Never mind it doesn't even matter forget it"...then when they asked me for the price of one of the parts, they laughed at me after I gave them the amount. Worst customer service i ever received!!! Do not use this company

• Ka
    Karuncho Jun 28, 2013

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Very disapointed. Called in to make a claim and once I was asked for an invoice number and had a hard time finding it they were very rude stating "Never mind it doesnt even matter forget it"...then when they asked me for the price of one of the parts, they laughed at me after I gave them the amount. Worst customer service i ever recived!!! Do not use this company

• Ta
    Tammy 04 Avalanche Apr 03, 2013

I have used my AUL extended warranty 3 times in the past year without any issues. even had to have an emergency repair made on a Sunday out of town and they fully reimbursed me. I'm very happy with them. I have a 2004 Avalanche, I'm so glad I bought the warranty.

• Ca
    Carolinagrl Mar 24, 2013

I guess we were fortunate. We bought a car that already had an AUL after market warranty. It was 50 dollars to transfer and my husband said it was probably going to be a waste of 50 bucks. About 6 months later the rear main seal broke, went out, or whatever it does. We called and were prepared to be told that wasn't covered. The guy on the phone said it was covered. Then we asked him about the door actuater that was out. We could hear him typing and he said yep TGAT is covered too. We took our SUV to the dealership. An adjuster/investigator came out to make sure TGAT is what it was and signed off on it. Lexus gave me an almost new car to drive for 2 weeks while mine was being repaired. Total bill 2300 dollars. AUL paid it all.

• Ga
    gaby0917 Mar 18, 2013

I am having problems with the lifters in my 2001 Malibu and I also have AUL. My Mechanic called and asked if I have copies of my last 7 oil changes...if I don't, they won't cover the repairs. What a bunch of ripoff artists they are. They have yet to cover anything under the warranty. At least I have a honest repair shop and they don't charge me an arm or a leg for repairs, however, the lifters are a different story.

• Su
    suzukiprob Jan 25, 2013

I purchased a 60month/60, 000 mile warranty from the crooks (i.e. AUL). After they denied to pay for a claim because they said if was our fault the head gasket broke, we decided to cancel our warranty. I used 7.33 months worth and less than 8000 miles of the warranty, which equates to only using 13%. When I received my reimbursement, I only received 77.8% back. Their policy is to pay the full refund of unused portion, so I should have received 87% back. When I called to question the "so called error", I was told that all cancellation personnel were gone for the day (it was 3:55pm) and they were supposed to close at 4:00pm. The next day called to check onthe status and Tonya in Cancellations asked if I got her message. Strange that none of my phones had a missed call from her or a message. She said she made and "error" on the dates and that they would be sending me an additional 6.33%. I tried to tell her that this was not correct but she became upset and told me to contact my dealer so they could pay the rest. Bottom line: if you did cancel, they must repay the full unused portion, so double check this. I will be contacting the cancellation department again to talk with her supervisor.

sandy flood victim Nov 27, 2012

I agree what a bunch of bull the salesmen try to sell you .I cancelled my contract after reading all the bull in the fine print .The administrator has all the power to say if you get payed and the policy has a max pay out of three thousand bucks over the three years .The cost is two thousand with 100 bucks cost each time you bring the car to be repaired. Nice deal for the company .I bet they never pay you a dime .To add insult they add the contract cost to be financed up front, so you actually pay 2500 up front .I hope I get my money back from these thieves and also now have a low opinion of the dealer who told me what a great "deal" it is

• Mu
    Muzical Sep 14, 2012

Hmmm, I was about to pay for this today. Thanks for all the information. I am so sorry others are now having a hard time. I wish you all luck in going against the company. Do anybody know what's the best use car warranty to sign up for without having these type problems?

• Pa
    PapaBear2012 Sep 14, 2012

I am SO HAPPY I ran into this thread. Just this morning I was reading about my car's potential 'issues' and thought to myself that I should call and get that warranty the finance manager recommended during the sale. So I go ahead and make the call and speak to the gentlemen who writes up these extended warranties. He tells me that most 3rd party extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on but he's never had a problem with AUL. I'm convinced and agree to sign me up over the phone...then I read this information and as quick as I could, I call the extended warranty guy to cancel it. Here's the ridiculous part that confirms what's been stated of the dealership getting more money if possible. The guy tells me that if I cancelled I could still purchase the Ford extended warranty and says, "that's the one everybody buys anyway". WTF? If that's the one he's used to selling then why didn't he recommend it in the first place?? That came across as a bit shady so I told him I'd think about it and process my AUL cancellation.
    I feel bad for every one's experiences so it might be too late for you but because of you taking the time to share your experiences, AUL avoided screwing another customer. Really, thank you all and I'll put what would have been $175/month x 18 months into a slush fund. If I need it for a repair, I'll have the money. If I don't then I'll have $3, 480 waiting to spend on a nice vacation.

• Me
    Mechanic1 Aug 29, 2012

I am a repair shop and had to deal with AUL recently, and I have dealt with many companies and this company is by far the worst.

My customer had a 2003 Buick Rendezvous that had a shimmy at highway speeds and a growling noise when turning. The shimmy was a cv shaft that had play, and the growling was the rear end, which had a TSB from Buick about changing the fluid and if that did not work then the rear end needed replaced.

I informed the customer, and she told me she had a warranty on the vehicle, so I got the information and told her they probably would not pay for the fluid change, but if worse came to worse then she may not be out for a rear end if the fluid did not fix it.

With all the information together I called the claims department. When I talked to Bill, he asked what was wrong with the CV shaft, and I told him it had play in it. He then informed me that a cv shaft would not cause a shimmy unless it was out of balance and that this vehicle had been driven for awhile without complaint and told me I should check the tires. I asked him if he was a mechanic, he said he was. I said well I can say GM had issues with shafts causing a shimmy, seeing we have replaced quite a few.

I then moved onto the second point of my customer complaint, and said that I figure the fluid was not covered, but wanted to know if the rear end would be if the fluid did not fix it. He said he had seen this complaint and usually it was do to off road driving. This was a GM TSB which means quit a few vehicles have been seen with this.

He then went on to say that due to me not giving a clear enough description of why the axle needed replaced the inspector would need to look at it when they came to inspect the rear end. I told him that since the customer was responsible for the cost of fluid we would call back, and see. He then informed he had not given me the okay to work on the vehicle and that they wanted me to drain the fluid and have it on a rack when the inspector came by.

I informed him that was okay if the inspector would be here in a day, then informed that it may be up to a week. We are a small shop that stays a week behind in work and can not do this. He got smart with me saying it was shops like us trying to be parts replacers that caused issues..

I told him to just cancel the claim, that I would let me customer know that it may be in her interest to go to the dealer, as the only other warranty company I had issues with, as they wanted 3 hours wort of diagnostics to prove a part we knew was bad due to having replaced them before, diagnostic charges are not covered by the warranties, however once a earlier had it on our recommendation they were not subjected to the same treatment.

Beware this company, they are trying to find ways out of everything, the axle cost was 195.00 with a deductible of 100.00, so they would pay maybe 80.00.

Not a Rookie Jun 29, 2012

I own a 2005 Mazda MPV, and added an AUL extended warranty (Class 1 Estate) in 2009 through the same dealer which originally sold me the van (new) and which had performed all of the maintenance. While AUL paid a couple of repair claims at first, my recent experiences have not been so good.
    Nov 2011: Fan motor controller denied (apparently not part of the covered fan motor)
    Jun 2012: EGR valve denied (clearly not listed in the contract)
    Jun 2012: Ignition coil denied (just about every other ignition part seems to be listed by name, but nope, no coil)

Mattatatat Jun 19, 2012

I bought the 3 year 36, 000 mile warranty through AUL, which will be up here in about 3 months. My transmission blew on my Ford Windstar (very common for these and AUL knows it). I had it towed to the mechanics and they said they've never dealt with a worse warranty company. They won't pay the claim because of some fine print thing about not getting proper maintenance on the vehicle's power train at 120, 000 miles. It now has 126, 000. I called the dealer who said he's never heard of this happening. I even called the Utah state sales rep who said she's never heard of this. Why should I know about something that your sales rep doesn't know about? They have been condescending and completely unwilling to work with us. They won't pay a dime of the at least $2, 000 cost of having this done. This is after having paid over $1, 000 for the warranty. This all came after the mechanic said that neglect had nothing to do with the transmission failure. We are so dissatisfied with AUL that we'll never buy another warranty from anyone as long as we live. We have such a sour taste in our mouths for them and their claims supervisor Ryan. These people are trained to not pay out claims even though their ridiculous rhetoric says they're there to help you. DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY FROM AUL!

• Fr
    freedomordeath Jun 03, 2012

I purchased a 2004 Volvo through a small local business which had purchased an AUL warranty for 3m/3000mi. I recently contacted AUL in an attempt to buy an extended warranty *still under warranty* and also asked about when I would receive my refund for a repaired brake caliper. They maintained that it was no longer under warranty; after speaking with the dealership they called on my behalf (half-a$$ed as they were about being pushy) and they then began to tell the dealer I must not have properly handled the vehicle! Obviously I didn't follow through with the warranty extension at this point because this sleazy business will come up with excuses to not pay.

I do NOT understand how this business is still around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB (which the AUL website claims to be certified by) and will be following up on this. It's ridiculous and I HIGHLY recommend you reconsider buying a car that is "warrantied" by them.

• Vc
    vcompaqv Apr 17, 2012

YES i agree just don't take No for an answer they will pay like i said earlier they denied me six times they sent me to Ryan's voicemail because he was always conveniently at lunch or in a meeting they said they would promise me he would call me never received a call back...don't loose hope i tried stay as professional as i can which was hard because i wanted to tell Ryan every name in the book but that wouldn't help it any better...i hope no one has to go through this try to reason with them and not loose your cool it took me a month and they saw that no matter how much time passed i wasn't going to go away! like i said if you have any questions on how i got my engine replaced on my Rx8 email me at [email protected]

• Fo
    fouru Apr 16, 2012

If you take AUL to small Claims court...you will WIN!!! They will do all they can to settle out of court!!!

• Vc
    vcompaqv Mar 31, 2012

hey ozkar im in the same boat as you they are crooks its like the adjuster works for the company i have an rx8 and the engine lost compression so they asked for maitnace logs with 4 oil changes they denied my claim cuz of aftermarket rims lol and lack of maintnance spoke to a aul rep and asked why i had lack of maintnance she didnt no lol so she sent me to ryans voicemail which i freuquently get cuz hes always convinetly out to lunch or gone for the day and left him SIX voicemails with contract number and cell number finally after alot of headaches and fighting and arguing i got the oil reciepts accepted and aftermarket rims thrown out. now they wanted the dealership to tear down the engine... find out apex seal went bad...they still dont want to pay i got to speak to ryan for once and he said they want more info before repairs cuz they want to know more info...week later they say seals went bad due to excess carbon build up and warranty excludes this i will fight this cuz does not say in my warranty about that and want to sue!!

• Oz
    ozkar Mar 27, 2012

Today 3-27-12 I spoke with RYAN [protected] EXT.302. He asked me to send my receipts for repairing the engine on my vehicle. He said the claim was denied because I lacked proof of maintanence records! I told him you never asked for proof of maintenance records you only asked to see the invoices for repairs? He then said, well denied because the claim was withing the 3 month window waiting period!! What the hell! I told him AUL is a joke and they are liars!! They lie just to not pay any repairs!! AUL never returns calls either!

• Au
    AUL Sucks Sep 20, 2011

I purchased a 2006 Ford F-350 with the Estate warranty from AUL. While driving in the mountains the truck died and wouldn't start. After being towed to a repair facility the mechanic told me it was an STC connector between the oil pump and heads. What may also be involved is a branch tube. Neither part is particularly expensive but it does require 37 hours of labor. The mechanic called AUL and told them that the cost of repairs after calling them yesterday which they recieved approval and told them that the cost would be $5000. AUL refused to pay any of it although it was well within their coverage parameters. I will be suing AUL and the dealership for not only a full refund but also the cost of repairs. As a side note Chase Bank who financed the truck lowered my interest rate by 2% if I purchased the warranty so I'm getting them involved too. I've bought an extended warranty in the past because of this type of behaviour and did it because of scare tactics, the dealership and the bank. AUL is a scam outfit. Period. I'll report back to see if they decide to pay.

• Un
    unsednabused Aug 03, 2011

I bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper 5 months ago. Nearly FOUR weeks ago the engine blew. The machanics at the shop say that the rings were warped which caused the engine to burn oil and seize. I have been calling, and calling, and calling AUL for FOUR weeks now and NO ONE calls back. I have faxed them all of my service reports, One of which was a full tune-up i paid $750 dollars for not more than 6 weeks ago (two weeks before the engine blew). They are trying to say they wont pay the claim because the oil was low. Well no ### the oil was low that what the shop said: The rings blew which cause the engine to seize and burn up oil. If i blew a tire would they say they can't help me because there was no air in the tire? what is this? they expect me to pay $5200 to replace the engine, plus the cost for the shop to break the engine down (thanks for the additional costs AUL). I am a college student who is moving out of state in less than one week and i still don't have my car back.

For all those people saying AUL is a great company, I say: Take your AUL uniform off, step back into the light that is REAL LIFE, and look at it from a buyers point of veiw. your company is crap, and full of a bunch of bald face liers and swindlers. I just want the services i PAID for. If your not going to uphold the contracts you give out, then why offer them? people like you make me sick and i am embarrased to call you fellow Americans. Peice of advice: get a lenght of rope, walk out to your back yard, throw the rope over a branch and hang yourself. You would be doing the world a favor.

• Na
    NaomiAW Jul 19, 2011

Nope AUL is worthless. My main computer is out on my van. My warranty specifically is supposed to cover all major mechanical and electrical issues. They say since compuer is not specifically listed as a part to replace in the warranty that they wont cover it. Im filing a BBB.org report.

• Na
    NaomiAW Jul 18, 2011

I bought a used vehichle with no warranty so bought the AUL warranty. Within a month my power sterring pump went out. AUL at firsttried to not cover it stating it was not in original condition. I told them it was in the condition in which I purchased it and they eventually did pay it but I still had to pay 76$ out of pocket. I am now having another issue and I hope they do not give me hassles with the repair.

ThomasParsons Jun 28, 2011

I am a reputable auto dealer and have sold AUL warranties for many years and can tell you that ANY extended warranty you purchase will assign an adjuster to your claim, whose sole job is to do this...SETTLE YOUR CLAIM FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY POSSIBLE!! You should ALWAYS refer your claims to the dealership where you purchased the warranty. If they are a reputable dealer they will ultimately have the resources to make sure a legitimate claim is covered. Unfortunately, many dealers and internet warranties will sell you a warranty on a car that already has pre-exhisting problems. The best advice I can give is to buy a car from a reputable dealer and make THEM deal with the warranty you purchased from them and hold THEM accountable for a claim that should be covered. All warranties have "weasel" clauses that will create a "grey area" for virtually ANY claim to be denied. Most dealers will consult with their warranty representative to make sure the "proper" language is used to make sure a questionable claim gets covered.