Aul WarrantyWon't pay

I bought a used 2002 vw passat. Eight, eight days later, yes, eight it was towed to the vw mechanics where it sits now, 13 days later! Aul will pay $3, 000. 00. The mechanics say it will take $4, 500. 00 to fix it correctly. These mechanics are rated # 1 in my state (Mo) , have been in business for years, and they know what they are talking about. As a matter of fact they said they have never experienced anything like what aul is trying to do to me. They remain in constant contact with me. I wish i could say the say for aul. We need to email your state attourney and your state's consumer help folks and corbon copy in these aul crooks. This is the email i have for aul; [protected]@aulcorp.com
We should not have to take this!!! And i intend not to!!!

• Ca
    catdiamonte May 07, 2009

I bought my used 2003 Durango on 2/20/09 (yes just 2 months ago) from a dealership. Nothing but problems since. I also purchased the estate 5yr/100, 000 mile warranty. AUL has paid none of the repairs so far and now AUL refuses to pay for the blown engine on my Durango. I'm having a nervous breakdown after putting $9000 into buying/repairing it and now it is worthless and I am beyond broke. Can you do a multi-state lawsuit?

• Er
    Eric May 29, 2009

yes i have an 2006 dodge charger that i bought last year on August 2008, and about 3 months ago, water pump goes bad, they replaced it ok, now just last week my engine goes bad, and dealership said the valve lifter are bad, so i said ok and ask me if i have a service contract in other words do i have WARRANTY and i said yes through AUL, so the dodge dealership contacted AUL to process a claim and after a 1 day AUL have to send an INSPECTOR over to the dodge dealership where my car is sitting and took pictures and all, and they have decided that they are not gonna covered it, so im stuck for about $1800 for the repair, they order the dealership to do an ENGINE TORE DOWN to check the problem, before i even brought this car to the dealer, i have my own mechanic look at it and he did the diagnostic and come out the valve lifter, so i look at my WARRANTY "ESTATE" MANUAL and its did say they are covered by the warranty so i brought it in to get it fix, but unfortunately AUL don't want to cover it because AUL INSPECTOR said the cause of the problem is not the VALVE LIFTER, its the other 4 pins that give up and the push rod got pushed in and ruin the valve lifter, i mean ### this is internal engine problem you can't or see whats gonna give up, i bought the car used and i bought the WARRANTY and thought that its gonna be a peace of mind if something goes wrong, but i was screwed by this WARRANTY COMPANY..

BEWARE OF THIS AUL WARRANTY COMPANY, DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY, THEY ARE FRAUD... IM ACCTUALLY IN A PROCESS OF HAVING THEM SUED.

• Mi
    MitchMo Dec 16, 2016

@Eric How did the law suit go?

• Ca
    Carter Jun 17, 2009

I agree, AUL are crooks, and I will also be filing a law suit. I have a 2000 Land Rover that I paid cash for, I purchased a warrenty with AUL and in less than a month I had a transmission failure . I took the truck to a transmission specialist and they were amazed that the investigator even showed up to deny the claim. This mechanic has been in business for 20+ years and he said that he has never seen anything like this. The adjusters for AUL intend NOT to pay and it is so obvious. The contracts are simplified so that they can add words or terms to come up with an excuse to deny a claim, even against the recommendation of the mechanic. I live just outside of St. Louis MO in IL.

Cha Cha Jun 29, 2009

I have had great experiences with AUL in paying claims! The inspectors that they sent out are not employed by AUL, but are free lance, third parties who are the eyes and ears for many warranty companies. They are all certified and nuetral from what I have seen. My question to you people is if your vehicle broke down after just eight days, why are you not screaming at the dealer to stand behind his product? Most reputable dealers have a 30 day or 1, 000 mile guarantee. AUL pays 100% of National MSRP based on Chiltons or Motors type of established repair manuals. If the BMW dealership is trying to screw you for the extra money above and beyond what is national standard, then maybe you should look at the mechanic shop with a few questions about overcharging it's customers. Just because you have money to burn do you really want to give it to a dealer who is trying to take advantage of you as well as warranty companies? Did you ask to get your local AUL Agent involved? They are there to help.

• Bj
    bjk12 Jul 07, 2009

I AGREE 100% that this company is a bunch of crock!
    I have been waiting several days now for AUL to accept my claim and they will not return calls and cooperate one bit. It has been nothing but trouble and its obvious that they do not want to pay for anything.
    I even bought the most expensive warranty program and they are being horrible about everything.

I will be sueing this company.

DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY THROUGH AUL

• ???????? Jul 07, 2009

Today we found out what a rip off AUL is. We purchased a truck over a year ago, we only put about 20 miles a day on it if that. The instrument cluster and front end both needed warranty work. We made an appointment with our local dealership right away and gave them all the warranty info. Well, the part that went bad in the truck just so happened to be the part that tells how many miles are on the truck. AUL would not accept our claim because the dealership computer couldn't pull off the current mileage. We called everyone and their brother to try and get things straightend out. AUL said our warranty is void because we might of tampered with the truck computer. Well we all know dam well that we haven't done anything to the truck. Its been two days and we are still waiting for an answer. They want proof of mileage before they can do anything. So now my question to everyone is, what if I do my own service work like oil changes and tire rotations. Well according to AUL, if you don't have documents stating that you had service done your up the creek without a paddle.

They suck, never ever buy used car warrantys, they are legalized crime!!! I know better but thought I would give it a try and all I can say is stupid me!

• Mi
    MitchMo Dec 16, 2016

@???????? Read the paperwork before purchasing and fully understand the terms, including maintenance information needed. You should at least be able to get back the balance of the warranty if you turn it in.

Lincoln LS Dec 21, 2009

I just bought a 2004 Lincoln Ls from a car dealership in August, since then i have been having nothing but problems with this car. The oil filter went and then one of the pistons were misfiring. The bill to fix my car is now 1800$. Its currently at the mechanics place who fixed my car gaining and interest of 25$ a day until i get my car. All of which AUL wont cover. They say "its all electrical, and my warrantee doesnt cover it. Unfortunately... i wont be able to get my car out for about 3 months, not to mention i am college student who already has a ton of bills. I have been in the process of contacting attorneys to see if there is anything to do. Its not looking too good.

I urge everyone to NOTT PURCHASE WARRANTEES FROM AUL.

They are scams and want nothing but money.

• Ss
    SSgt USMC Jan 19, 2010

I am having the same issues with the company. I am a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps, and desiel maintenance is my ocupational field od expertise. I bought a 2003 Ford F-250 about a year ago, and now the front axle is jacked up in the hubs. My contract is properly annotated that my truck is four wheel drive, and even the Ford dealership agrees that the hubs fall into the 'Drive Axle Group" clearly stated in the contract. The company first tried to tell me that the hubs fall under the suspension group. As a mechanic this is insulting that they would try and pass off the hubs as suspension. I tell them this and they send the claim to their "supervisor" who now tells me that because the contract doesn't specifically say "hub" they will not cover it. It does state "bearings" but due to the name game they don't feel they can cover the damage. It will cost $1, 400 dollars to have the repairs made. Ifiled a complaint with the better buisness bureu today. In short i paid this company for a warranty and when faced with honoring their end of the contract they will do nothing but find ways out of it. It is a shame that these people are allowed to conduct buisness this way, I put them in the same group as terrorists.

• Pe
    peerless Apr 21, 2010

Where was the selling dealer in all these horror stories? Why would you expect a warranty company to pay for something, anything, 8 days after you bought it??? Suppose you didnt buy the warrranty and 8 days later the car broke? Would you expect the dealer to take care of it? I would. Even 20 days out is rediculous the fact that AUL offered to pay anything at all means they are better than most

[email protected]#$ Jun 21, 2010

DO NOT PURCHACE ANY WARRANTY THROUGH AUL EVER . THEY SCAM PROPLE WITH DECEPTIVE PRACTICE . THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE HAS TO LOOK INTO THIS MESS.

[email protected]#$ Jun 21, 2010

I URGE EVRYONE TO TELL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW THE TYPE OF CROOKED BEHAVIOUR THAT AUL MAINTAINS. AUL HAS GOTTEN AWAY FOR YEARS AND WE NEED TO TAKE IT TO OUR LEGISLATORS AND ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE . THEY NEED TO BE EXPOSED. WHERE IS CNN OR ABC TO PUT UP A DOCUMENTARY ON THIS CRIMINAL ACT BY AUL

[email protected]#$ Jun 21, 2010

HURRAY People are getting to know AUL. This is administrative robbery by AUL.

• Ri
    Richard Hapeman Jul 05, 2010

Well I just have to say all the comments I have read scare me a allot. I didn't buy the insurance but have a 3000 mile 90 warranty thru AUL and have to have engine work done on a classic 85 chevy Vett. The valve seals are shot and engine has a lower end noise when under a load, which leads me to believe main bearing chatter. Talked to dealer today and voiced my concerns and was told they will not leave me high and dry and have to wait til tomorrow on AUL to reply to see if the engine will be covered. The messed up thing on the warranty contract at the top says it will cover all engine lubricated parts and towards the bottom of the contract it lists the same things but are not covered? HUH? WTF I hope things work out. Theres always lemon law?

• Ve
    vettesmith Jul 22, 2010

im just curious as to how many of you actualy read the contract before you purchased it? it sounds to me like most of these problems were preexisting to the sale of the vehicle. why would you expect AUL to pay for those? I have had nothing but great service from AUL, and part of that is because i took the time to read the contract and understood what it does and does not cover. I do feel sorry for the people who have had problems but i think that it boils down to them not understanding the terms and conditions of the contract. I assure you that you can purchase AUL with confidence they are an A rated company with the BBB

• Bt
    btedwards Oct 06, 2010

It appears that the people who are agreeable with AUL must work for them. Unfortuately most people who have positive experiences do not login to complaint sites. I am in the process of reporting AUL to the BBB and Attorney General. I believe that they are in the business of selling policies that they have no intention of upholding. AUL is a horrible warranty company and I wish I had researched it prior to purchasing the policy. If I had read this site, I would have NEVER agreed to buy it for my vehicle.

• Lo
    lolly2 Oct 11, 2010

DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY! It is a bunch of [censor] and it is CROOKED!! I cant Believe that some of the people are defending this warranty. I bought a used car that broke down after 2 months. I thought I was going to be able to fix with no problem since i paid $2000 for this warranty, only to find out the "AUL warranty" will not cover a cent. My engine blew out, and they are trying to blame it on me. Definitely Suing this company for their dirty work. They will definitely run out of business eventually because of this POOR customer service!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY!!

• Re
    Retired62 Nov 13, 2010

WOW, lots and lots of sour grapes here. Lolly2, you are wrong people with both good and bad expierenced read these sites. However, if I had to guess.. I bet to say you approached your mechanical issues with an entitlement attitude. Same for most of the guys here. Had you not been such a knob your scenario/s might of been completely different.

With that said after searching the "Sled Lots" (small used car dealers) in Phoenix AZ and Craigslist, we felt the Lincoln LS would be a great car to drive back to New York and leave there as our driver, . Its its more cost effective to purchase a vehicle then rent one. Besides the LS is basically a Jaguar Type S.

Two (2) weeks ago, we found our LS at Manual Jr's Auto Sales on 1155 VanBuren Street, in downtown Phoenix AZ. Needless to say, the car drove beautifully. Everything worked, the air was ice cold and it was not only fun to drive but comfortable. Negations included in the out the door price a set of matching tires and the top of the line AUL warranty with the hit for all the electrical goodies. On the way home I was playing with the computer and noticed the oil life was at 14%.. OK, no big deal. Saturday morning, we had out mechanic change the oil... That's when he spotted the leak in the AC and power steering system/s. Closer examination pointed to other potential area/s with issues. He suggested we take it to the Ford garage for a complete evaluation. Peoria Ford (91st Ave & Bell Road) charged me $115 for a complete diagnostic, run-down of all the issues.. Which came to $6500!! Much, much more then I paid for the car including, tax, license plates, title etc! I showed the ford repair list to my Mechanic, who was floored... Monday morning I called AUL. I expected the Dog and Pony show, with lots of smoke and mirrors... However, that not the treatment I got. All I can say ( trust me I don't work for AUL or any subsidiarity of AUL), after AUL on-site inspection of my Lincoln LS, they agreed to cover the cost of repairs!! In fact the AUL inspector found two additional problems they would cover.

I have nothing but good things to say about AUL and all of the people who went out of their way to insure my 2000 Lincoln LS was repaired. For you skeptics, you can verify my story call Manual Jr auto Sales at: [protected], Peoria Ford at: [protected], or the repair shop who is completing the repairs Midas at: [protected].

• Br
    Brad C. Dec 12, 2010

I bought a 2005 Nissan Frontier from a dealership in the town I live. I also paid $1800 for an AUL warranty (estate) that covered 36 months or 36000 miles (whichever came first). After 3 months of driving the truck the transmission started to fail and would not shift properly. I took the car to a local Nissan dealership whom contacted AUL to get approval of repairs. After further inspection they determined that the problem was a result of poor maintenance and they would not pay. Poor maintenance? I only had the truck for 3 months. I thought this was the reason to buy an extended warranty, because on a used vehicle you never know what your getting. These guys are crooks!!! The guy at the dealership said that it is common that they do this and that they seldom ever pay for repairs.

• Ho
    HorrorOddity Dec 15, 2010

REtired62 has a strange story- buys a car for under 6K to find repairs totalling more than the value- that car should go back to the dealer who is required in all 50 states to deliver a road worthy vehicle at the time of sale. If you bought private wouldnt you have a mechanic check it out beforehand? A dealer is required by law to have the vehicle checked out before selling it. So, we should call the Used car dealer who sold you the junker without even changing the oil for you, then the dealership who charged you $115 (not reimbursed by AUL) to tell you how high of a pile of crap you have, and lastly the shop (a Midas muffler) who is actually going to do the repairs, none of which appear to be exhust related. I am curious as to how long it took an 'inspector' to check out the claim, the total amount not covered by the warranty, the total and type of parts used (OEM or aftermarket) and the amount they actually paid to Midas for the repairs. There is a time issue and bouncing the car around before it can be repaired issue that concerns me also. I am being offered this policy and it isnt looking good for AUL

• Do
    DONT BUY THIS!!! Jan 06, 2011

me too. bought a ford f350 and estate coverage. Thankfully my engine problems were covered by the factory warranty! all I wanted was AUL to cover the 12 days of rental coverage that is guaranteed by the warranty. The claims rep said because AUL didn't have to open a claim, they will not cover the $400 in car rental. I asked to speak to a supoervisor, and the supervisor came up with some other bs reason why AUL would not cover the claim. When I then informed "ron" the AUL supervisor that I wanted a refund for the $2800 warranty, he told me to call the dealer that sold me the warranty and promptly hung up on me.

Wow! Really? I am a 50 yr old professional, If any of my staff treated anyone in that manner? They'd be hitting the unemployment line. Poor customer relations like these. Reinforced by a manager, are the hallmark of deceptive business models.
    This company is a classic example of PREDATORY BUSINESS PRACTICE!

I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE THAT HAS PURCHASED A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY TO SEEK A REFUND!

• Do
    DONT BUY THIS!!! Jan 06, 2011

BTW, I did read my contract, And I was not a "knob" on the phone. I have a very calm demeanor. My contract does not include an exclusion on rental coverage in the event repairs are covered by a manufactors warranty.

These folks above that have had positive experiences with AUL? How about attaching a document that backs up your claim that aul paid out $6500 for repairs on a 2000 lincoln. Come on pal. Lets see it!

lizdabiz Feb 03, 2011

I also purchased a plan from AUL about 2 years ago, however i was explained to about the different levels of coverage and how the Estate plan was cheaper but not as comprehensive as the Reserve, i also read the service contract IN FULL and have also read the majority of the complaints listed here and most of them clearly state that the component is NOT covered in the Estate plan so i don’t think that a lot of these complaints are founded. In addition i have noticed that a lot of the complaints are from people that made a claim 2 WEEKS after they purchased the contract, so i am just supposed to believe that a company is supposed to cover a car with pre-existing conditions on it and lose money... come on people they are a business you can’t just buy a plan to cover the 5 grand in repairs you need done to your car. So i would suggest reading the contract before you buy ANYTHING!!! Also don’t buy something because it is cheaper and still expect the same coverage. Just in case you doubt the fact that it wasn’t clearly stated that it was NOT covered here’s a link to the full service contract i pulled from their website you can cross reference the complaints and literally find the items in the not covered section. http://www.factorywarrantydirect.com/documents/aul/vehicle_service_contract.pdf

lizdipity Feb 16, 2011

why is that AUL's responsibulity you baught it 8 days ago isint that the selling dealers fault for selling you a LEMON!!! get real lady!!

• As
    asipcup Mar 07, 2011

To "lizdabiz" who I'm assuming is also "lizdipity" (gee, what a coincidence), if a warranty company sells a warranty, preexisting condition or not, they are responsible for covering it. Why do you think life insurance companies won't sell to cancer patients? If the car has preexisting problems, they shouldn't offer a warranty, it's that simple.

Forutoo Mar 10, 2011

Well I must say...I have good news for all of you...I have some internal insight to AUL for you that may be helpful...specifically...CLAIMS...having worked for them for over 17 years i think im qualified to speak on behalf of every aspect. The complaints that i have read up to this point are very common both with AUL and other warranty companies. The bottom line here is that they work off of "Loss Ratio's"...simply put...if the dealer or car lot that you bought your car from has poor loss ratios(more claims that contracts sold) then the chances of getting what would normally be considered a covered claim taken care of are less.

Forutoo Mar 10, 2011

Pre-existing conditions happen on cars for only a couple of reasons...(1) the dealer or lot did NOT do any recondition before putting it on the lot and selling it.( Most of the time these used cars come from either a trade in where the vehicle history wasn't known or from a Auction.) (2) or the dealer knew there was pre-existing conditions and decided to put a warranty on it in hopes that the warranty company would buy it!!! Ive seen where some dealers and/or lots have actually told there customers to wait a few weeks before calling in any claims. I know that some warranty companies now have "DAY ONE" coverage. Really its about how you call in your claim. My advise to anyone buying a service contract is to be certain that you pay for "wear and tear coverage" and that you have "Day One coverage"...

• Au
    AUL=SCAM Apr 21, 2011

AUL is a scam as all "service contract companies" They sent an untrained inspector to take a look at the issues with my car at the dealer and refused to pay. I called and talked to their manager and he told me to get a second look at the car. he was very prompt in calling me and answering all of my questions. I took it to 3 companies and none of them would take an 3rd party payment from AUL (because they don't pay). I spoke with the manager from AUL and he said if the same issues were found at another mechanic that I could pay out of pocket and he would reimburse me directly. long story short over 3 weeks ago i paid #1700 and AUL has not returned one message that I have left for them. They talk good game but when it comes time to back it up with payment they are no place to be found. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS BS!

• Ed
    eddydee May 13, 2011

Wow i was a dealer rep for Aul and here is what i have to say about all these complaints first take a mechanic or get a certification from a center that repairs cars 2#spend the money to get a 21point inspection 3rd ron is a tool after we sold many warranties thease a ---h------les blamed us for not follwing policy, because they apply policy as they see fit ! but in there defense they did not sell you the crappy cars that your buying from these second hand dealers even new car dealers, dont blame the warranty company for crappy cars is it their fault that you did not protect yourself whos the idot now and the guy that said that aul paid him more than tha care was worth is full of s--t ok and ins company will not pay you more than your car is worth as well maintance or warrantie compinies will not pay you eighther so blame yourself for not doing your homework or for trying to be slick and buying a car thinking that you can fix it with their money it will not happend with any warranty company dont be a tool be smart and you can only blame yourself ok! so sorry that you have had to deal with this company because they are a bunch of stools, and i mean stools call the president his name is luis good guy he will listen and probaly get further than the pit bulls that are running the company!

• Th
    ThomasParsons Jun 28, 2011

I am a reputable auto dealer and have sold AUL warranties for many years and can tell you that ANY extended warranty you purchase will assign an adjuster to your claim, whose sole job is to do this...SETTLE YOUR CLAIM FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY POSSIBLE!! You should ALWAYS refer your claims to the dealership where you purchased the warranty. If they are a reputable dealer they will ultimately have the resources to make sure a legitimate claim is covered. Unfortunately, many dealers and internet warranties will sell you a warranty on a car that already has pre-exhisting problems. The best advice I can give is to buy a car from a reputable dealer and make THEM deal with the warranty you purchased from them and hold THEM accountable for a claim that should be covered. All warranties have "weasel" clauses that will create a "grey area" for virtually ANY claim to be denied. Most dealers will consult with their warranty representative to make sure the "proper" language is used to make sure a questionable claim gets covered.

• Na
    NaomiAW Jul 18, 2011

I bought a used vehichle with no warranty so bought the AUL warranty. Within a month my power sterring pump went out. AUL at firsttried to not cover it stating it was not in original condition. I told them it was in the condition in which I purchased it and they eventually did pay it but I still had to pay 76$ out of pocket. I am now having another issue and I hope they do not give me hassles with the repair.

• Na
    NaomiAW Jul 19, 2011

Nope AUL is worthless. My main computer is out on my van. My warranty specifically is supposed to cover all major mechanical and electrical issues. They say since compuer is not specifically listed as a part to replace in the warranty that they wont cover it. Im filing a BBB.org report.

• Un
    unsednabused Aug 03, 2011

I bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper 5 months ago. Nearly FOUR weeks ago the engine blew. The machanics at the shop say that the rings were warped which caused the engine to burn oil and seize. I have been calling, and calling, and calling AUL for FOUR weeks now and NO ONE calls back. I have faxed them all of my service reports, One of which was a full tune-up i paid $750 dollars for not more than 6 weeks ago (two weeks before the engine blew). They are trying to say they wont pay the claim because the oil was low. Well no ### the oil was low that what the shop said: The rings blew which cause the engine to seize and burn up oil. If i blew a tire would they say they can't help me because there was no air in the tire? what is this? they expect me to pay $5200 to replace the engine, plus the cost for the shop to break the engine down (thanks for the additional costs AUL). I am a college student who is moving out of state in less than one week and i still don't have my car back.

For all those people saying AUL is a great company, I say: Take your AUL uniform off, step back into the light that is REAL LIFE, and look at it from a buyers point of veiw. your company is crap, and full of a bunch of bald face liers and swindlers. I just want the services i PAID for. If your not going to uphold the contracts you give out, then why offer them? people like you make me sick and i am embarrased to call you fellow Americans. Peice of advice: get a lenght of rope, walk out to your back yard, throw the rope over a branch and hang yourself. You would be doing the world a favor.

• Au
    AUL Sucks Sep 20, 2011

I purchased a 2006 Ford F-350 with the Estate warranty from AUL. While driving in the mountains the truck died and wouldn't start. After being towed to a repair facility the mechanic told me it was an STC connector between the oil pump and heads. What may also be involved is a branch tube. Neither part is particularly expensive but it does require 37 hours of labor. The mechanic called AUL and told them that the cost of repairs after calling them yesterday which they recieved approval and told them that the cost would be $5000. AUL refused to pay any of it although it was well within their coverage parameters. I will be suing AUL and the dealership for not only a full refund but also the cost of repairs. As a side note Chase Bank who financed the truck lowered my interest rate by 2% if I purchased the warranty so I'm getting them involved too. I've bought an extended warranty in the past because of this type of behaviour and did it because of scare tactics, the dealership and the bank. AUL is a scam outfit. Period. I'll report back to see if they decide to pay.

• Oz
    ozkar Mar 27, 2012

Today 3-27-12 I spoke with RYAN [protected] EXT.302. He asked me to send my receipts for repairing the engine on my vehicle. He said the claim was denied because I lacked proof of maintanence records! I told him you never asked for proof of maintenance records you only asked to see the invoices for repairs? He then said, well denied because the claim was withing the 3 month window waiting period!! What the hell! I told him AUL is a joke and they are liars!! They lie just to not pay any repairs!! AUL never returns calls either!

• Vc
    vcompaqv Mar 31, 2012

hey ozkar im in the same boat as you they are crooks its like the adjuster works for the company i have an rx8 and the engine lost compression so they asked for maitnace logs with 4 oil changes they denied my claim cuz of aftermarket rims lol and lack of maintnance spoke to a aul rep and asked why i had lack of maintnance she didnt no lol so she sent me to ryans voicemail which i freuquently get cuz hes always convinetly out to lunch or gone for the day and left him SIX voicemails with contract number and cell number finally after alot of headaches and fighting and arguing i got the oil reciepts accepted and aftermarket rims thrown out. now they wanted the dealership to tear down the engine... find out apex seal went bad...they still dont want to pay i got to speak to ryan for once and he said they want more info before repairs cuz they want to know more info...week later they say seals went bad due to excess carbon build up and warranty excludes this i will fight this cuz does not say in my warranty about that and want to sue!!

fouru Apr 16, 2012

If you take AUL to small Claims court...you will WIN!!! They will do all they can to settle out of court!!!

• Vc
    vcompaqv Apr 17, 2012

YES i agree just don't take No for an answer they will pay like i said earlier they denied me six times they sent me to Ryan's voicemail because he was always conveniently at lunch or in a meeting they said they would promise me he would call me never received a call back...don't loose hope i tried stay as professional as i can which was hard because i wanted to tell Ryan every name in the book but that wouldn't help it any better...i hope no one has to go through this try to reason with them and not loose your cool it took me a month and they saw that no matter how much time passed i wasn't going to go away! like i said if you have any questions on how i got my engine replaced on my Rx8 email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fr
    freedomordeath Jun 03, 2012

I purchased a 2004 Volvo through a small local business which had purchased an AUL warranty for 3m/3000mi. I recently contacted AUL in an attempt to buy an extended warranty *still under warranty* and also asked about when I would receive my refund for a repaired brake caliper. They maintained that it was no longer under warranty; after speaking with the dealership they called on my behalf (half-a$$ed as they were about being pushy) and they then began to tell the dealer I must not have properly handled the vehicle! Obviously I didn't follow through with the warranty extension at this point because this sleazy business will come up with excuses to not pay.

I do NOT understand how this business is still around. I have filed a complaint with the BBB (which the AUL website claims to be certified by) and will be following up on this. It's ridiculous and I HIGHLY recommend you reconsider buying a car that is "warrantied" by them.

Mattatatat Jun 19, 2012

I bought the 3 year 36, 000 mile warranty through AUL, which will be up here in about 3 months. My transmission blew on my Ford Windstar (very common for these and AUL knows it). I had it towed to the mechanics and they said they've never dealt with a worse warranty company. They won't pay the claim because of some fine print thing about not getting proper maintenance on the vehicle's power train at 120, 000 miles. It now has 126, 000. I called the dealer who said he's never heard of this happening. I even called the Utah state sales rep who said she's never heard of this. Why should I know about something that your sales rep doesn't know about? They have been condescending and completely unwilling to work with us. They won't pay a dime of the at least $2, 000 cost of having this done. This is after having paid over $1, 000 for the warranty. This all came after the mechanic said that neglect had nothing to do with the transmission failure. We are so dissatisfied with AUL that we'll never buy another warranty from anyone as long as we live. We have such a sour taste in our mouths for them and their claims supervisor Ryan. These people are trained to not pay out claims even though their ridiculous rhetoric says they're there to help you. DO NOT PURCHASE A WARRANTY FROM AUL!

Not a Rookie Jun 29, 2012

I own a 2005 Mazda MPV, and added an AUL extended warranty (Class 1 Estate) in 2009 through the same dealer which originally sold me the van (new) and which had performed all of the maintenance. While AUL paid a couple of repair claims at first, my recent experiences have not been so good.
    Nov 2011: Fan motor controller denied (apparently not part of the covered fan motor)
    Jun 2012: EGR valve denied (clearly not listed in the contract)
    Jun 2012: Ignition coil denied (just about every other ignition part seems to be listed by name, but nope, no coil)