ATT Uverseinstallation piss poor

I switched to Uverse, It did take them 7 days longer to install than I was promised. The service itself is ok, Time Warner has some pluses and Uverse has some pluses.
The Install tech zip-tied the Uverse outside box to a pole, instead of mounting it to my outside wall. It looked like hell, and yes the zip-ties broke and now my box is hanging upside down next to my house. I called customer service, they will be happy to come out and fix it, of course they will charge me $55 for the service call.
I believe I will be switching back to TIME-WARNER soon.
My advice is to steer clear of Uverse, they will promise the world, but will charge you when they are the cause of you problems.

• Bh
    Bhill671 Dec 04, 2009

My installation job was really poor. They install the modem and backup battery hanging out of the LV box in our closet so the cover won't fit back on -- and the first time my wife moves some shirts the modem falls/shifts and yanks the wires out of the 66 punch block and the phone goes dead. (this is ironic as they are required to install the battery so that the phone won't go dead in a power failure, yet their own crappy installation causes the phone to go dead?!). If i had not known how to troubleshoot and fix this myself this would have been ANOTHER time wasting experience of hours on the phone with CS and their stupid voice-bot asking me to unplug and reboot things and check everything as though I am an employee of AT&T. Switch to U-Verse at your own risk, because this will not have a happy ending. Read the other complaints on this board - I have read most of them and they are pretty typical and accurate.