AT&T/Directv (Asurion)at&t/direct tv

S

On April 18, 2017, I called Direct TV and advised them I was closing on a new home on April 25, 2017, and would be moving on April 28. 2017. I said I was not interested in taking their service with me to the new place. I was told it would cost $425.00 to cancel the so I said I would I met the installer on April 26, 2017, and the satellite was installed. I moved into my new home on April 28, 2017, and received keys to my mail box on May 1, 2017. Among the correspondence therein was a letter from Direct TV. It was a work order dated April 18, 2017, apparently sent to a house I had not closed on yet and they had my current address. It states 1. check my order, 2. review DirectTV video installation appointment, and 3. review your DirectTV agreements. It further states that by accepting the "Movers Deal" I would be agreeing to a new 24 month agreement none of which I had the opportunity to agree to as it was not received by me until after the installation was complete. After reading the installation order I could have cancelled the order, broken the agreement, and called it a day. I called DirectTV and explained the situation. I spoke to a representative named Beau and was given a credit which did not appear on my bill. I called DirectTV again and conference call between ATT, DirectTV and myself. The charges were waived and the ATT account was closed. My DirectTV account was opened under account #36692 with a balance due of $57.99 which I have paid.

• Updated by Susan K Bowman · Jul 06, 2017

I forgot to mention that AT&T added all of the charges incurred from DirectTV to their bill-at-a-glance side of the bill totaling $223.69 this past month. I have a $22.99 Credit on the DirectTV side. It so appears that AT&T added all charges that were credited for installation and premium channels which also were credited back on to my latest bill. I no longer wish to have a relationship with this company. I have spent countless hours on the telephone attempting to explain the situation to AT&T but they do not seem to understand the problem.