AT&Tcredit management fee

J Review updated:

AT&T took my deposit as a Credit Management Fee. This was $449. I originally spoke with Alicia who had worked in their customer service over 10 years and i confirmed this was a deposit. It was never confirmed to me it was a Credit Management Fee that was non-refundable. I spoke with her on 19th November 2014 at 1.03pm. I made notes at that time on a 12 mph contract with U300 and internet 45 mbps download 40 mbps and upload 6mbps. She said Uverse grantee the speeds. It cost $149 / month. I was on autopay with never a late payment from Nov 2014 - June 2016 (disconnection). They told me they took deposits from customers with poor or nor credit history (may 2016). I had just arrived in the US in Nov 2014 and had a social security number and credit score via Credit Karma of 680-700. I read of many customers experience the same issue with AT&T. As I earn't over $500k a year I think this is AT&T abusing a large monopoly, legally defrauding customers.

• Dr
    drapdv Aug 03, 2020

Same. Charged a $200 fee to establish credit, with a 770 credit score. Was told it's a deposit, but am now being told it is a one-time non-refundable fee. Fraud!