AT&T — credit management fee
AT&T took my deposit as a Credit Management Fee. This was $449. I originally spoke with Alicia who had worked in their customer service over 10 years and i confirmed this was a deposit. It was never confirmed to me it was a Credit Management Fee that was non-refundable. I spoke with her on 19th November 2014 at 1.03pm. I made notes at that time on a 12 mph contract with U300 and internet 45 mbps download 40 mbps and upload 6mbps. She said Uverse grantee the speeds. It cost $149 / month. I was on autopay with never a late payment from Nov 2014 - June 2016 (disconnection). They told me they took deposits from customers with poor or nor credit history (may 2016). I had just arrived in the US in Nov 2014 and had a social security number and credit score via Credit Karma of 680-700. I read of many customers experience the same issue with AT&T. As I earn't over $500k a year I think this is AT&T abusing a large monopoly, legally defrauding customers.
More AT&T Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge
- AT&T Uverse - service
- AT&T - billing rip-off
- AT&T DSL Equipment Rebate - rebate offer is a rip off!
- AT&T - crooks
- AT&T - sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.
- AT&T U - Verse - at&t rewards
- AT&T - Marina Del Rey Retail Store - no contract wireless phone service