The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Assurant Solutions — not willing to cover costs of repairs
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
We purchased a used motor home.in order to protect ourselves from unforeseen expensive repairs, the company we purchased the motorhome from sold us a $3700.00 policy from assurant. Once we got the unit home, we had a local motor home shop thoroughly go through the engine, transmission, etc. There were several issues found to be wrong with the motor home. None of the reputable repair shops that we took the motor home to for repair would accept the job if they had to work with assurant - reason given, they never pay up.
We collected three different bids from three reputable repair shops and submitted them to assurant. All were within a few hundred dollars of each other. The standard shop labor rate in south dakota is $110.00 an hour for work like this. Assurant will only pay $80.00 an hour.in addition, the time they were allowing for the job was less than 1/2 the time allocated by any of the three shops. We talked to numerous people at assurant, never the same one, supervisors were always in meetings.
We finally ended up taking the offer by assurant and getting the motor home into a shop. The bad news is yet to be seen. Even though an assurant inspector has given us a "quote", we have to submit the final bill. Assurant will then reimburse us via a credit card. From talking with the shops who have done work with assurant before, we will be lucky to get half our money back. Two lessons learned - 1) assurant is a rip off insurance company. 2) buy vehicles only through reputable dealers who stand behind their product!
More Assurant Solutions Complaints & Reviews
- IQ Data International / RentCollect - harassment
- Assurant Health - beware
- Assurant Specialty Property - no service only lip service
- Assurant Solutions - awful experience
- First Extended Service Corporation - bogus company
- Assurant Solutions - T-mobile phone insurance
- Assurant Solutions - takes so long to process a claim
- Assurant Solutions - terrible customer service
- Assurant Solutions - Samsung premium care
- Assurant/ Renters Insurance - change of address is impossible