Asda Southgate - mini cheese and onion rolls frommbakery.Half where sausage rolls. Had a Vegetarian stamp on.

G Review updated:

I purchased a box of 12 mini cheese and onion rolls from Asda Southgate bakery dept. I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years, and the rolls sported a V stamp ensuring me that no animal products had been used to make them. I ate one - for the first time in 25 years I have eaten meat, and my friend also a vegetarian, admittedly more staunch than myself on the issue, also consumed a sausage roll without realizing and once it was pointed out, was physically sick with
disgust.
I reported this abuse to the superstore to receive a pathetic apology and a £10 gift voucher as what they called a "goodwill gesture" from the head of the bakery when I had in fact written to the manager. I wrote back exclaiming my dissatisfaction with the so called compensation. Not only did I want conclusive assurance that this couldn't possibly happen again, but, I explained, would expect something little more significant than a £10 gift voucher to be offered to compensate with the distress that I had been caused in being duped into consuming animal offal for the first time in all these years.

A year ago the same store had refused to refund or exchange a TV we had purchased from them which wouldn't turn on when we got it home, because we hadn't kept the receipt. We had shopped there for the last 15yrs, all of the staff know us, and yet the manager had downright refused our plea. I wrote to the Asda Head Office about it and was told that on such circumstances it was down to the manager of the store to decide - so it is not just general policy. She just didn't want to let us have another TV.
So with the sausage roll incident, I suggested in a letter that if they wanted to make a goodwill gesture, could they please now replace the TV which they had origially refused to exchange.

I have recieved no reply. I wrote again anticipating that the letter had for some reason not been received. Still I was ignored.

I am a patron of The Vegetarian society' - I present awards for them at the Savoy once a year as I am a TV celebrity ( my stage name is Emma Wray - I used to be in 'Watching' and many other sit coms). I am wondering wether to take this further and use my contacts in the TV industry to bring attention to the despicable way I feel I have been treated. Obviously they think I will just go away, but I also think they'll wish they had settled for replacing the TV by the time I have had my say.

Yours

Gillian Wray

• B
      Aug 28, 2009

Yay, please do that I could also be called upon to inform you of the going's on inside ASDA. It stinks.

• R
      Jul 12, 2012

Brenda would have the supermarket apart!!!

• W
      Sep 29, 2019
    Asda Stores - Delivery services
    United Kingdom

I lost 15 items from my shopping list as Asda didn't complete my full order I now have to wait 5 days till I get my refund back totally disgraceful serive as Asda should know better to take care of us customers not trying to rip us off with our money ok our orders !!!