Argosy University Logo

Argosy University

Having problems with Argosy University?

+1 800 377 0617 (Administrative Office)
+1 866 427 4679 (Argosy University, Online Programs)
+1 602 216 2600 (Argosy University, Phoenix)
+1 909 472 0800 (Argosy University, Inland Empire)
+1 909 915 2100 (The Art Institute of California, Inland Empire)
+1 714 738 1000 (Western State College of Law, Irvine)
+1 310 531 9700 (Argosy University, Los Angeles)
+1 818 299 5100 (The Art Institute of California, Hollywood)
+1 714 620 3700 (Argosy University, Orange County)
+1 714 830 0200 (The Art Institute of California, Orange County)
+1 916 830 6320 (The Art Institute of California, Sacramento)
+1 619 321 3000 (Argosy University, San Diego)
+1 858 598 1200 (The Art Institute of California, San Diego)
+1 510 217 4700 (Argosy University, San Francisco Bay Area)
+1 415 865 0198 (The Art Institute of California, San Francisco)
+1 303 923 4110 (Argosy University, Denver)
+1 941 379 0404 (Argosy University, Sarasota)
+1 813 393 5290 (Argosy University, Tampa)
+1 770 671 1200 (Argosy University, Atlanta)
+1 808 536 5555 (Argosy University, Hawaii)
+1 312 777 7600 (Argosy University, Chicago)
+1 847 969 4900 (Argosy University, Schaumburg)
+1 651 846 2882 (Argosy University, Twin Cities)
+1 615 525 2800 (Argosy University, Nashville)
+1 214 890 9900 (Argosy University, Dallas)
+1 801 601 5000 (Argosy University, Salt Lake City)
+1 703 526 5800 (Argosy University, Northern Virginia)
+1 206 283 4500 (Argosy University, Seattle)
2233 West Dunlap Avenue

1550 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209

Washington
Argosy University, Seattle
2601-A Elliott Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Argosy University.

Complaints & Reviews

Argosy Universityuncaring/unhelpful

Argosy University promotes itself as a caring university where student success is more important than profit. This is a line of bologna!
I've been with Argosy since 2008, working on an EdD-Organizational Leadership. The further I moved into the dissertation process, the longer the turnaround time for responses and, furthermore, a complete lack of guidance through the entire process. What I have been able to discern from my current Academic Advisor (who is number nine) that I've had two dissertation chairs with two completely different expectations. This resulted in a complete change in methodology and rewriting of the proposal and Chapter One. Talk about a waste of time.
The latest chair appears unorganized and to lack significant knowledge of the dissertation and IRB process. The IRB has been submitted six times over the course of five months. Basically, I've been submitting it incorrectly which was only pointed out when I reached out to the Department Dean and Vice Chair. But then again, it was pointed out that this was basically my fault. It is also my fault that the Dissertation Chair takes too long to respond to my inquires.
I am now being told I am at the maximum allowable funding time and will be kicked out of the program. My Academic Advisor's parting shot...Guess you should have made a strong effort to complete. I have an email trail a mile long but no one will touch any of the emails from previous advisors.
I guess Argosy wins because they have $70, 000 of Sallie Mae's money and I am ABD.

• Pd
      PD Lucas Apr 28, 2015

OMG...I experienced the same situation with Argosy. I, too, was working on my dissertation in their EdD in Organizational Leadership program. I began at the end of 2008 and. I did well in my coursework; passed my comps. Unfortunately, my mother became ill at the time I started the dissertation process and she passed away in 2012. I took a couple of 'Leave of Absences' as I was going through this situation with the advise from one of nine Academic Advisors that I had which was more helpful than any other information I received from the other Advisors. I was withdrawn from my program in error one time as I was told I missed my weekly posting which I did not but received very little help from my Advisor at that time to correct this situation. My Dissertation Chair was very aloof and unhelpful. He didn't even know which school I attended when I called him for assistance that was pre-scheduled. I informed my Advisor of issues I was having and she tried to help but really didn't know what she was doing. I was told after I was withdrawn from the program by the school that I had to wait a year to appeal but that time was not going to be counted against the 7 year completion timeframe which turned out to be incorrect. I was told I needed to turn in all of these things to appeal but I would only have a few months to complete my dissertation which is basically impossible being that I was still working on Chapter One due to my Chair not giving me any credit for the work I submitted and even less guidance on how to correct any errors. I plan to file a complaint with the Dept. of Education as I invested too much time and money into this program not to finish.

Argosy Universitykeeping all my school money

Argosy University has kept all my tuition money, Pell grants, federal funding. I never asked for all this money to go toward my education. they are leaving me with no money in which to live. they have been scamming me out of money that should be coming directly to me to do with as I wish. The school keeps trying to tell me that the school is suppose to get paid first which is bull. plus they are charging me for classes I have not even taken yet, and that's not right. I have one class that I failed and they want me to pay the school 1, 683.00, that's not right either. please help me get my money, I am tired of being screwed over by Argosy University.

Argosy Universityunethical fees

Shortly before I began the dissertation process, this university instituted a fee they called something like --- electronic fees which basically charged a student, at that time, $75 for access to the books used in a class they were enrolled. Seems ok --- until you check out the cost of the book from the book store or other --- a book was less - $40 to be precise. I protested the fee stating that I did NOT want to have online access to books because I preferred the hard copy and also needed to save money. This fell on deaf ears. Under what legal right does any university have the right to charge you for a service that you do not want to use???? Shouldn't this be the students choice????? The cost of $75 for a $40 book - in what plane of existence does this seem fair??? They also promised me I would have the same academic adviser throughout the dissertation process. WRONG - I lost count of how many I had!!! They should not make any promises they cannot keep. These are just a few of my complaints. There are a lot more but I just don't feel like talking about them. I am done with my doctorate and glad to not have to deal with them anymore.

Argosy University Seattle — misleading students

Please read all public records and fully research prior to enrolling in this school for the psychology...

Argosy Universityunethical practices

Argosy University mixed up my information with another student. They said that I did not pass my Comp Exam. I showed the email proving I passed. My chair apologized and asked to buy me lunch. I said "no thank." I left shaking and confused about such a collosal mistake. After four years of my cand time for my dissertation my first chair was not accessible. By the time I got a new chair I was simply exhausted and discouraged. I have not finished my degree. I appealed but they denied my appeal. Anyone has the same ezpsrience please contact me. I will not let them take my monwy and not finish my degree.

• Mr
            mrsfarley Jun 23, 2014

I too have a complaint with Argosy - Chicago and am ABD as well. I would like to connect and discuss further. I have filed a complaint with the US Department of Education

• Ki
            Kimberly4753 Apr 21, 2015

I am an doctoral student in San Diego and was just notified I am at risk if bring kicked out of school. I am seeking legal action against the school.

Argosy University and Sallie MaeI signed up in the doctrate program.

In 2009 on March 10 I was quickly ushered into start school at Argosy University. In signing up I told them I wanted to pay my own bill. Ben Binus was my enrollment support connection . I know the class was already 10 days late. I had not gotten my books. But I tried to stay up. The professor was horrible. This being an online class. He was rude. I remember a student who trying to speak to him, who had made a F. She was cordial, but he was rude. The class ended around May 10, 2009 and my books never came. It was the worst class. I tried to be positive. I didn't want an F. And with my not have the book, but using an out dated book, I was trying to stay up with the class. Then as I was taking a class. Since I was a doctrate candidate I got a correspondance to sign up for the to attend a manditory class. It was connected to an up coming class and if I did not sign up, even if I took the next class which I had not planned to sign up as the first class.and not go to the Residancy for the doctrate they said I would get an F. Well that meeting was on June 4, 2009. I am an overseas school teacher. I explained I could not go, because I had to my second grade class to ended on the 11th. I could not come to the states on the 4th and swing back to the overseas to end my class on the 11th. Plus just leaving my students and not be there to end the year. I could not do that. So, I got the date changed, but the class I was taking I got my books late there, too. It was the worst. The class was one I would not have selected. I should have been able to selected my classes. I already had a Masters. So the, year ended for the summer in June 2009. I had to go to a NEA convention for teachers. My next class would start on the 6 of July. But still my books were late, but this teacher was good. He listen, but I got sick and I had to drop out for breat cancer scare. I had surgery. And I contacted the assistant and there was another problem. I had about 15 university assistants. Everytime, I contacted argosy support, my university assistants had changed. This last one was horrible. He would argue with you and because my surgery was coming up I told him I could not continue at the Argosy university. I had to take care of my health. So on October 15, I told the assitant I was not able to attend any more, because of my health
          Then I started receiving calls first from the University. They said they had returned all the money to Sallie Mae. I had attened from March 10 until October 15 from Sallie Mae. I owe the University they said $1800. So I started paying them a $100. Then Sallie Mae came with this hugh bill of with 4 loans attached. One is for 4, 250.00 with a outstanding principal of 4, 668.11 and interest rate of 6.800, FFELP an other is $ 1, 149.00 and a outstanding principal of 1, 331.72 and a interest rate of 6.800 FFELP and other loans of 4, 250.00 and an outstanding principal of 4, 693.34 and a interest of 6.800 FFELP and one last loan of 574.00 and an outstanding principal of 664.99 and the interest rate of 6.800 also a FFELP.
          Now I only went thru the enrollment. I told the university and while doing the enrollment. I wanted to pay my way. Anyway when I signed the enrollment. I knew I could get no loans. But as you see I have four loans. Argosy said it sent all the loan money back to Sallie Mae, Sallie Mae is charging me for money it has already received. Why is it the government does not check on Sallie Mae? This are both scams. I can not believe this could happen where they mess up your credit.

Argosy University — fraud institution

Argosy University did not provide me with the education as promised. My student loan funds were not refunded...

Argosy Universityomg help

someone help! I made the decision being young with no family to back me up to enroll to this school, it has horrible complaints and I don't know if I am making the right decision. Does anyone have any experience with argosy? if so I would love to hear you story good or bad before I make the biggest decision of my life! I also heard they are not accredited?

• As
                AshleyColorado Nov 20, 2012

Get out while you still can. I have been enrolled in Argosy for almost 2 years. They keep my Pell Grants, which are supposed to be for my living expenses, then give me a lousy $1200 which I have to pay back. Their instructors ARE NOT educated. They are not trained. It is pathetic. I am filing suit against them right now to get back the over $26, 000 in federal loans they have defrauded from me. Get out before you are as deep in debt as I am!!

tammijo765 May 09, 2013

dont do it! it is fraud! i am in a situation with this college, where i am going to sue!

• St
                Stressful Student May 07, 2014

Seek another school. The tuition is to HIGH...disseration process is ridiculous.

Mahal4u Oct 19, 2015

Please, please don't ever go to this school - or this will be the biggest mistake of your life, From the department Chair to professors - all they care about is how to nickel and dime students. They don't care about their students. They raise the GPA for Grad students - at 3.0 (although I didn't have a problem about this - I have a 3.75) which is not realistic especially for those working full time. My classmate got kicked out after failing to meet her GPA - and this after she was made to take out more debts so she can sign up for more classes - classes that are not even needed for her masters program. Poor thing, after she took those unnecessary classes got kicked out anyway

Argosy University/Chicagodiscrimination

Until recently I was a doctoral student at Argosy University here in Chicago, attending from February 2008 to October 2011 at which time I was abruptly dismissed. The reason given for my dismissal from the program was “Failed Composition”. The subject composition was, for me, the final paper of the program so before turning the paper in I had it reviewed, along with all instructions by an expert in the field, who told me my paper was fine and on point. Yet Argosy rejected my paper and with no further explanation dismissed me. I feel I should at least have been told what was lacking or errant in my paper, which by the way, was never returned to me.
              To my knowledge this has happened to three other students during my tenure at the school leaving me to believe that somehow discrimination is involved. Thus far, I have made several attempts to contact the Better Business Bureau and the U.S. Department of Education regarding the matter. I have received a response letter from the Better Business Bureau stating their findings which agree with my theory.
              Based on my experience, Argosy University is fraudulent and their practices are deceitful. I want it to be known that the school’s policies are unfair and condescending. Argosy University’s business policies and procedures should be exposed. I was under the impression that the school was to help one to graduate so that an individual can become independent in their field of choice. Argosy has failed on all accounts.

Argosy Universitycharged tuition for two unattended online courses

In October through December of 2010, I was unable to complete two courses at Argosy University, due to not having a computer. At the time, I had been leasing a computer and was unable to make payments for the computer, so the computer was returned to the loaners. The two courses I am referring to are: ENG 095 and MAT096. I could not complete anymore assignments for these two courses, after the loss of the computer. I was kept in the courses instead of being Withdrawn, receiving an F for both courses. I did not have the chance to complete at least half of the two courses. I complained to Argosy University on at least three occassions. I finally got an answer of: "Since we did not have a written online policy for attendance at the time, the grades and tuition charges are valid." The total charges for the two courses are $4, 865.00. I also sent Argosy University a copy of the contract that states the dates of when the computer had been returned.
                I also had been told that my college review courses would not count as college credits on my Transcripts.
                When I made the decision to review various problems I've had with Argosy University, I decided I did not want to continue my education there.

• Di
                    disgrunteled Mom Oct 15, 2012

I do not understand why they would encourage a low income student to start their courses KNOWING that they DO NOT have their own laptop or computer and have to depend on their funding to purchase one. Then threaten to withhold their funding and drop them all together because their grades are low because they are unable to purchase a computer! MAKES NO SENSE TO ME!!! Is this about the students education or is it about the $$$$$$$$$$

tammijo765 May 09, 2013

yes this happened to me to. they have charged me for two semesters that i had already dropped out of the school, because of the lies they told me just to get my loan money! what should we all do

• Sh
                    Shonda L Mar 10, 2015

I was a former online student with Argosy University. They are still charging me for classes that was never taken by me and Argosy will not release my transcripts! Now they are telling me that I owe them over $ 5, 000 dollars! What to do? I need my transcripts!

• Ms
                    MsMari Mar 17, 2015

same here they suckere me in!!!

Argosy University — doctorate degree

I passed my comp in my educational doctorate program which made me ABD. I was to start my dissertation in...

Argosy University-Online (Arizona) school — false and deceptive online university

My name is Raymond Edward Becerra. I received a solicitation by e-mail in the fall of 2010 to attend Argosy...

Argosy Univ Onlinefraud and unethical practices

They kicked me out of three or four classes after two weeks and did not give me a refund of any of my money back. They also refused to give me a refund for a class that I withdrew from. Their classes end one day and the next class starts the next day, not giving you enough time to notify them that you will not be taking the next class. They have bilked me out of at least 7, 000.00 dollars. I owe almost 50.000.00 dollars in loans and I am not even half way through my classes. The financial aid people don't know what they are doing neither does the academic advisers. They told me they were going to kick me out of school after this class has ended in March. They have all my money for the year. I can't transfer to another school without paying out of my pocket. They are crooks..Danice Carter 6565 Dexter St Romulus, MI [protected]

Argosy University Onlineunprofessional/rude and don't callback students

I'm having issues with argosy also. I just withdrew because I can't never get my financial aid rep to call me back and now they are dragging their behinds in returning my financial and preventing me from attending another college. This school is so unprofessional and rude. After a week of waiting on a response to when my loans will be return the rep Kaleayah Montgomery hung the phone on me. I can never get a manager and I hate I choose this school to get my education. I made a complaint with the Arizona state board rep Keith Blanchard.

• Me
                        Me2015 Aug 26, 2015

is there a specific website or email address you can suggest where I can make a complaint too?

Argosy Universityincorrect information

I need a lawyer willing to take a case again Argosy University as they have caused me extreme stress, frustration and medical issues bordering on hypertension and stroke. If anyone has a or know of a lawyer willing to take on such a challenge, please have them email me.

Mary d

• Be
                          bennet08 Feb 08, 2012

To whom just wrote or has felt Argosy has caused he or she medical problems. I have no idea which Argosy you are attending. I want you to know I feel and have medical problems or recovery complication because of what you commented about. I looked in to a lawyer for a similar situation and I whould may or may not win. I believe that your not alone but we need to get others involve and stand up and make an voice. I believe some sort of discrimination is also a way to describe my situation. The stress administration and financial aid can put on you is uncalled for. A medical note is not enough to convince Argosy you are having problem. I think Argosy Administration, counselor and financial aid believe that that is only accepted in high school. Thing and important health factor affect Adult learners as well. Believe me 2 health problems, fatality in a life can cause stress. Argosy represents a "psychology and practices mental health. Stress, health can cause anyone frustration and failure to motivate you to even attend or participate on line. The only hope is if you have a professor that understands and helps you threw this. Fortunately I had on professor out of 4 that understood and helped me threw an IP. My advice to you is lets unite and voice and get legality involve. Argosy is been doing this to many. I have no idea how they still stay accredited. In fact they audited all my information trying to prove I was fraudulent. I knew I had did nothing wrong who I was very patient. Sad new is now they do have reason to put me on probation or even kick me out because of my GPA. I am a good student and it shows with my other grades. When I get a F or an IP that should something that my academic counselor should recognize. So I( feel your frustration but a corporation funded by federal funds have federal backing and taking on a corporation(higher education) seems to be hopeless.

• Th
                          the saga continues Jun 21, 2012

tammijo765 May 09, 2013

i am going through the same thing!!! we need to find a lawyer and get this school taken down!

• Mt
                          mtnmommy Dec 05, 2013

I agree, I am finding that Argosy kept money from financial aid and never refunded it to them, for classes not taken. I have looked at classes I took, and know how much each one was, this information is not addin up to what my loans say I owe them. IF someone finds a lawyer, please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

I am glad others out there

• Te
                          teenawill71 Mar 23, 2014

To know I am not alone in this situation is edifying, this school has made me feel as though I am a complete idiot, all the while THEY were simply toying with my emotions. Having epilepsy & thinking my seizures were causing the inability to pass a comprehensive exam 3 TIMES, then dropped from the program. However, I maintained a 3.78 grade average all 3 years, it didn't compute, after reading about how students were blacklisted for reporting instructors, the light began to shine. We ALL need to come together and let this underhanded school know that what they are doing IS NOT OK...They have NO clue of business procedures, they are ALL about TAKE, TAKE, TAKE, but never want to give what WE EARN!!! We have allowed this school the opportunity to pick and choose who passes and/or fails regardless of the efforts that is put in day after day, week after week, year after year, simply for their monetary gain. Well guess what they have taken enough from me, PRIDE, DIGNITY, SELF-WORTH, (almost) MY LIFE, its time to fight back... [protected]@aol.com

Argosy Universityunfair grading

While attending AU, I went through classes with a 3.97 GPA and not once was told I was doing something wrong on assignments being turned in. When it came time for the comp. exam, I used my notes from assignments to answer the questions and failed the exam. When they fail you, they give a very brief feedback form that includes a one or two sentence of the things you did not do. Also, they give you a mentor to work with. I begged for someone to review my exam with me so I could get a better grip of what I did wrong and was denied. I was told that everything I needed to know to pass was on the feedback form and on the mini "cheat sheet" given by the mentor.
                        I took the exam the second time and followed the cheat sheet and feedback and on the parts of the test I was correct on the first time, I used the same information. I felt good about this test but when I got my grade back, I had failed again. Even though I had used the cheat sheet, I was marked off for items that were never brought to my attention. Also, on the parts of the exam I got correct the first time, I was marked wrong on for the second exam. Some of the feedback remarks were regarding my writing style, and there is a section to be graded on such, however, I was failed on sections even though the content was there, because of writing. Why am I being penalized twice for the same offense?
                        Why was I never told during classes that I was writing poorly? I do not think I am, but if that is what they are claiming, why did I pass all of my classes? Either they did not teach me during the classes and just pushed me through and now it is showing, or I did well because I earned it and the grading is unfair. Which is it because it cannot be both!
                        I am ready to be a part of any lawsuit. I have spent way too much money to be treated in such a manner.

• Md
                            Mdouglasbailey Nov 22, 2011

This is so true. it happened to me although I passed my exam. Now i am bing told i cant write and getting contant revisions on my dissertation that is taking me a tremendous amount of itme and money, . Now they habe screwed up and told me my loan was not approved long after the decision was made thus not giving me time to respond. They screwed up with what they told me to do and now I may loase out on my degree.

Mary

• Di
                            Disappointed In Education Jan 18, 2012

A recruiter randomly called me in Dec.2010 from Argosy University. I am a single mother of 3 and on disability. However, I was very excited when I learned I could still pursue my dream of earning a degree in Psychology. Not only was I told I would earn my Bachelor’s degree, I would receive financial aid from the government to cover all coast and would never have to pay anything back if I attended Argosy on line. I ask if the school was Nationally Accredited and he said it was not only nationally accredited he listed of a number of other credits it had and stated if I attended Argosy I was guaranteed a nationally recognized degree, job placement, and the degree would meet the Alabama state license requirements. I started class in January 2011. Within a few months, my academic counselors called me and ask if I would like to drop a class so that I would be able to spend more time studying one class and spend more time with my family. I was doing fine, My GPA was 3.95 and I held all A's and even made the Dean's list. After about an hour of questions and answers and my main question concerned my financial aid being removed, Mrs. Nicole Dewarter stated my aid would be fine and I also spoke with my finance counselor Mrs. Pattie and see stood by Mrs.Dewarter stating I would not owe any funds if I dropped a class to either the school or the government. After this situation, the tornado hit in April, and I lost family, friends, my home. I contacted my counseling team and explained the situation; they worked with me for weeks afterwards and withdrawal me from class because I was unable to attend due to the destruction. I was told I would not owe anything, because this was out of my control. When I was able to go back to school, I realized my account stated I owed an outrageous amount of money and immediately called the school. I have been dealing with these ladies since April regarding the removal of these funds that they still say should not be on there. Last week, my finance worker called me and stated that I owe over $11, 000 to the school, and over $40, 000 to the government. I argued with them over the last week, and now I am withdrew from class today because I can see something is very wrong and I am asking for your legal advice. There is so much more to my attendance and problems with Argosy than stated, this is just a small amount of what I have been through. In addition, I was never actually taught by an instructor. My instructors gave a small amount of feedback during discussion post and sometimes I personally did not receive feedback regarding my post at all. I also feel like I wasted the last year of my life with this school. I often stayed up until 2 and 3 in the morning and spent 16 hours on assignments. Taking away time from my 3 children for what? Thank you, T

• B7
                            b7sd1 Jan 24, 2012

ARGOSY CHICAGO CAMPUS - The staff, dr's harass students by not allowing them to finish there program. Instead they hold the students grade and make them go through a 16 week remedial sessions with a chosen professor which is all in reality just a way for them to postpone the student from getting there degree and making the student pay more and more money to a decision that is based on no facts merely opinion from the faculty. Its a SCAM. When you reach out to the dean of the school she is not on your side. Instead you are brought in front of the boardf and threatened to be thrown out of the program. Something has to be done. A class action law suit needs to be filed.

Argosy UniversityOrganizational Industrial Psychologyaccredidation fraud

Hello,

Has or is anyone enrolled in Argosy University's Online Organizational/Industrial psychology program been misinformed or deliberately told by admissions that it was an accredited program ? Point being, it's not. My concern is in informing future students to be aware of Argosy's sales tactics as mentioned on this site, please do your research and take the time to contact other accredited institutions that may validate the classes for you or to see if transferable.

Together we can stop the fraud.

A concerned citizen.

Argosy University — complete scam

Hello there, I am a former student of Argosy University who is working with an attorney to gain justice for...

Argosy University — sham education

1) Argosy promises an education. In fact it accepts anybody, you will be in class with people who can not...

Argosy Universitysucky

I was a student at this University for about a year. When I was enrolled, I was enrolled as a transfer student and already had my Associate's Degree. I was told that all of my credits would go through, and it would take a little less than 2 years to graduate. Tell me why, after a year, I was told that all of the credits that were supposed to go through actually didn't, and only then did I have enough credits for an Associate's degree? I won't even go into the lack of an education you receive when you are stuck in classes with people that don't know what they're even learning and professors that are less than helpful. More recently, I decided to again transfer so I can actually finish my degree this decade, and 3 months down the road I am told that because I withdrew, I owe them $2, 000 out of pocket. For what? I have no idea, but I will for sure let my complaints be heard by anyone considering this poor excuse for a University!

• Un
                                Unlawful Treatment Jul 13, 2009

I had a 4.0 GPA going into my last year as a graduate student at Argosy University, at a California campus. With unsubstantiated causes Argosy staff and administration kept me from proceeding, keeping me from getting my degree, and leaving me with $30, 000 of student loan debt.

I have been made aware that this has happened to other Argosy students. If you feel that you have been treated unjustly by Argosy University, please contact me. [protected]@juno.com

• inetbiz Jul 13, 2009

I believe you would be better suited to contact The California Department of Education. http://www.cde.ca.gov/re/di/cd/

• Va
                                Vauxhall96 Aug 26, 2011

It's always up to the receiving college to determine how many credits and what classes they are going to take when a student attempts to transfer credits. Anything you receive PRIOR to your matriculation, in the form of promises of credits transferring, are estimates. During your first class you should have gotten the results of transfer credits. If you have an unofficial pre-evaluation, I would have brought that to the registrar and asked for an explanation as to why all your classes didn't transfer.
                                Don't get me wrong: Argosy are the biggest ### in the for profit education world, but when it comes to transferring credits it's always up to the receiving institution. So, if you just started somewhere else, the rule still applies: make sure you get the results of your transfer credit evaluation ASAP.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices