Argosy University Logo

Argosy University

Having problems with Argosy University?

Argosy University Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 377 0617 (Administrative Office)
+1 866 427 4679 (Argosy University, Online Programs)
+1 602 216 2600 (Argosy University, Phoenix)
+1 909 472 0800 (Argosy University, Inland Empire)
+1 909 915 2100 (The Art Institute of California, Inland Empire)
+1 714 738 1000 (Western State College of Law, Irvine)
+1 310 531 9700 (Argosy University, Los Angeles)
+1 818 299 5100 (The Art Institute of California, Hollywood)
+1 714 620 3700 (Argosy University, Orange County)
+1 714 830 0200 (The Art Institute of California, Orange County)
+1 916 830 6320 (The Art Institute of California, Sacramento)
+1 619 321 3000 (Argosy University, San Diego)
+1 858 598 1200 (The Art Institute of California, San Diego)
+1 510 217 4700 (Argosy University, San Francisco Bay Area)
+1 415 865 0198 (The Art Institute of California, San Francisco)
+1 303 923 4110 (Argosy University, Denver)
+1 941 379 0404 (Argosy University, Sarasota)
+1 813 393 5290 (Argosy University, Tampa)
+1 770 671 1200 (Argosy University, Atlanta)
+1 808 536 5555 (Argosy University, Hawaii)
+1 312 777 7600 (Argosy University, Chicago)
+1 847 969 4900 (Argosy University, Schaumburg)
+1 651 846 2882 (Argosy University, Twin Cities)
+1 615 525 2800 (Argosy University, Nashville)
+1 214 890 9900 (Argosy University, Dallas)
+1 801 601 5000 (Argosy University, Salt Lake City)
+1 703 526 5800 (Argosy University, Northern Virginia)
+1 206 283 4500 (Argosy University, Seattle)
2233 West Dunlap Avenue

1550 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209

Washington
Argosy University, Seattle
2601-A Elliott Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Argosy University Customer Service. Initial Argosy University complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Argosy University above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Argosy University. Discuss the issues you have had with Argosy University and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Argosy Universityus department of justice

Now is the time for those people who have had major, or minor, issues with Argosy University. Please contact your State Attorney General's Office to fill out the paperwork necessary for complaints! The United States Justice Department will re-coup all the money in Student Loans paid throughout 2003 to 2011 (or a majority of it). If you have massive student loan debt due to attending one of Argosy "University's" schools, and you were lied to (by department heads; recruiters; or employees of Argosy), PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LODGE A COMPLAINT!

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMonday, August 8, 2011
U.S. Files Complaint Against Education Management Corp. Alleging False Claims Act Violations

WASHINGTON – The United States has intervened and filed a complaint in a whistleblower suit pending under the False Claims Act against Education Management Corp. (EDMC) and several affiliated entities, the Justice Department announced today. In its complaint, the government alleges that EDMC falsely certified compliance with provisions of federal law that prohibit a university from paying incentive-based compensation to its admissions recruiters that is tied to the number of students they recruit. Congress enacted the incentive compensation prohibition to curtail the practice of paying bonuses and commissions to recruiters, which resulted in the enrollment of unqualified students, high student loan default rates and the waste of program funds.

“Colleges should not misuse federal education funds by paying improper incentives to admissions recruiters, ” said Tony West, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division of the Department of Justice. “Working with the Department of Education, we will protect both students and taxpayers from arrangements that emphasize profits over education.”

“Federal tax dollars must be protected from abuse, ” said David J. Hickton, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania. “This action against EDMC seeks to recover a portion of the $11 billion in federal student aid which EDMC allegedly obtained through false statements and which enriched the company, its shareholders and executives at the expense of innocent individuals seeking a quality education.”

The False Claims Act allows for private citizens to file whistleblower suits to provide the government information about wrongdoing. The government then has a period of time to investigate and decide whether to take over the prosecution of the allegations or decline to pursue them and allow the whistleblower to proceed. If the United States proves that a defendant has knowingly submitted false claims, it is entitled to recover three times the damage that resulted and a penalty of $5, 500 to $11, 000 per claim. When the government intervenes, the whistleblower can collect a share of 15 to 25 percent of the United States’ recovery.

The suit was originally filed by Lynntoya Washington, a former EDMC admissions recruiter, who later filed an amended complaint, jointly with Michael T. Mahoney, a former director of training for EDMC’s Online Higher Education Division. The states of California, Florida, Illinois and Indiana have also intervened as plaintiffs.

The suit is United States ex rel. Washington et al. v. Education Management Corp. et al., Civil No. 07-461 (W.D. Pa.).

This matter was investigated by the Commercial Litigation Branch of the Justice Department’s Civil Division; the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania; and the Department of Education, Office of Inspector General.

Angies3grown Nov 30, 2011

Thank you, mimi2007 I totally agree with your statement-"Colleges should not misuse federal funds meant for the student's education." I was informed to telephone the department of education concerning my complaint and they may pull all federal funding for the future which would lead to their not getting as many students to enroll. I am definitely going to check out the other directions you discussed, again thank you for your assistance to all who have a grievance.

• Er
      Erin Rachel Young Apr 26, 2012

I contacted the Dept of Education after being charged for a second semester I never attended.They didnt care. Argosy told me the $6, 000 fin aid I received was not enough and I owed more.Argosy should be shut down.They refused to refund or remove the charges.

Argosy University Onlinefinancial aid

Stay away from this university. It is true.Once you become a senior, classes will be impossible to pass. They use two softwares to make sure you fail class. Financial aid will steal your money and will lie to you.I had a 93 average in a clas and failed. I complained..was told there was nothing I can do about it. Financial aid double bills you and ads bogus charges.You can not believe anything they tell you. I will be joining the class action suit. If you have been wronged join the class action suit..
    They are real nice untll they have all your financial aid money. Why does the government allow this school to steal student's money? I am going to get back every dime that was spent at Argosy. Take this warning serious..Do not go to this school. I am going on facebook and Twitter to warn others about this school..

• Mo
        moneygrowsontrees? Nov 29, 2011

I am a little scared now because something strange just happened. I took one semester of classes at AUO in March, receives full federal aid, and received a stipend. Then, last week I received a bill in the mail asking for "cash payment" due from February? First of all I did not attend in February? Second of all if all fees were not paid then why did I receive a stipend? Lastly, Federal Aid over rewards do not have to be paid back-you have the option but by law you do not have to pay them back unless the over reward was a result of misinformation on your part. So, being aware of my rights I ignored the bill. The following week I received a letter stating that because it is the holiday season, I can pay back 50% of my bill and the rest will be forgiven; or, my bill will be sent to collections. I smell ###. Thanks!

Argosy Universityinaccuarate information

I started Argosy University's on-line graduate school program. For 3 terms I was told 2 classes was "Full-Time". I kept calling and complaining about the amount of work required and I was told it was me. Then I find out that 1 class at the graduate level is considered full-time. I was unable to pass my classes and just kept trying as their employee's, (advisors), told me to.
      They had me trying to do DOUBLE the amount of work I was SUPPOSED to be doing and when I questioned it, I was told It was correct. Over and over again, they said the same thing, it's you-not us.That was not correct. I paid tuition for 3 full terms, 2 graduate classes per term. They misrepresented the truth and now I've paid them thousands of dollars intuition which they say is not their fault. Per their policy, they did nothing wrong. They just took my money under false pretences and refuse to address the issue. This constitutes a form of fraud, doesn't it? I certainly feel conned, and I'm out $20, 000.
      I'd like my money returned since I borrowed it in the form of a student loan and the lender deserves the money back and I deserve to have the debt removed. It was Argosy's misinformation that caused this situation, they should take responsibility. I'm sure they can afford to pay the 20K much more easily than I can. Oh, I forgot, it's the institutions in this country that make the rules because it certainly isn't the public. Nor is it in the public's best intrest for these types of unethical practices to occur.

Argosy Universitytotal ripoff!

Argosy university is a ripoff. Do not attend this university online. They do not tell you the truth about financial aid. they do not have written withdrawal policy on withdrawal from classes or school. Therefore they can charge you what ever they want and you are left with a huge balance to pay back. If anyone know the withdrawal policy please post it online. This university will take your financial aid money. You will be stuck with our an quality education. If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit it time to stand up and take action let go.

• La
            ladybug98_2002 Jun 15, 2011

Although I do have issues with Argosy, I can tell you that they do have a written withdrawal policy. I believe it would be found in the student handbook. The policy is less clear when it comes to their online program and other classes that are about 7 weeks long but the policy regarding the online program does exist.

• Li
            lisalove Jun 17, 2011

Withdrawal Policy
            Argosy University considers a student as withdrawn when he or she fails to register for the current semester. A student wishing to withdraw from Argosy University should submit a letter to the Student Services Department requesting withdrawal. Any student in good standing who wishes to discontinue study will be withdrawn. The student must resolve any financial obligations to Argosy University before receiving an official transcript from the Student Services Department.

Withdrawal Date
            A student’s withdrawal date is:

The date the student began the withdrawal process, or
            The date the student officially notified the institution, in writing or orally, of his or her intent to withdraw.
            Any earlier or later date which the institution documents as the last date of academically related activity by the student. For unofficial withdrawals, a student’s withdrawal date is:
            The midpoint of the payment period or period of enrollment or
            If a student begins the withdrawal process and otherwise officially notifies the institution of his or her intent to withdraw, the withdrawal date is the earlier of the two unless the institution documents a later last date of attendance. An academically-related activity includes, but is not limited to, an exam, a tutorial, online course activity, academic counseling, academic advisement, turning in a class assignment, or attending a study group that is assigned by the institution.

• Bi
            Bigdaddy40 Aug 03, 2011

I agree that Argosy University is a ripoff, and will do whatever it takes to keep your financial aid. I was informed today by the director of financial aid that my academic advisor tricked me into staying at Argosy past the date in order for the classes to start, so that they could get 50% of the financial, wheras I didn't attend any of the classes which started 5/9/2011. Now they have kept all the funds from my financial aid, which prevents me from getting funds applied at my new online school. This is ###, they are not entitled to any of the funds for the second half of the semester. They even went as far to give me WF for those two classes and I was withdrawn before the 9th of May 2011. The academic advisor postponed putting through my withdrawal until the 12th of May 2011, which was three days into classes, so that they would be entitled to the 50% of the financial aid money. Which they are still not entitled too. Now they are constantly sending me e-mails and having different people call, in order to get me back into their school. Which I will never do. Yes I do, feel that a class action lawsuit is in the makings.

• St
            Stacie1019 Aug 25, 2011

They are a complete rip-off and will do anything to get your money. They are hunting me down for $2, 000 months after I withdrew from the University!

Argosy Universityunethical and ruthless

Argosy University dismisses people after one month after collecting payment for the whole semester. Their policies state that they don't have to return any money after 30 days so they let you register for classes, pay for them hen kick you out without prior notice. They don't tell/ warn you about your status because they are interested in getting the money at all cost. If they put you on notice, you would not register for the class and waste your money because you will not get to finish. It is unconscionable and unethical because you pay for the whole class, not half. The advisers are clueless and untrained about the school's policy. Their compensation must include funding from the students that they register or they would not be complicit in the scam. Whatever the reasons, everyone should avoid this school as they are only in it to place you in debt and provide very little in terms of education.

• St
              Stacie1019 Aug 25, 2011

I am in debt from them and have not gotten anything from them. During the semesters, I would get random emails and phone calls stating that I owed them for something or another. If I had any money, I would find a lawyer to help me get them off my back, because months after I withdrew from the University, they're still trying to hunt me down for more money!

• Au
              AUstudentBAP Feb 23, 2012

Unfortunately If you had really been attending Argosy University, then this would not have happened because unless you do not do your work, they do not remove you from class as long as you paid your tuition. I personally have earned over 100 credit hours with Argosy, and I have been a student since 2008. I can say that I haven't had the best experience with my financial aid but as long as I communicate with them, I stay in my classes.

• Tr
              tristameyer Oct 18, 2012

HELP im in the process of being excepted into this school and one person says one thing andthe next another HELP

Argosy University Tampafraud

I was an argosy tampa student in the masters mental health counseling program. I had a gpa of 3.85 and was within one semester of graduation. I was removed from the program and my appeals were denied. My sue process rights were violated and I was unfairly treated by the program chair. The Dean and president reported they "wanted to help" but in the end "were unable to assist me." I have $100, 000 in student loans, all of my coursework completed and no degree. I am interested in a filing a lawsuit and am seeking an experienced attorney for help. If you have any suggestions for an attorney or want to join me in the fight against Argosy please contact me at [protected]@juno.com

Argosy University Dallasmisleading apa information and sallie mae private loans

I am looking for students that attended Argosy University Psy D program (Doctorate of Psychology in Clinical Psychology) who would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Argosy University in Dallas and Sallie Mae. I was a student at this school who was told by the recruiters that they were going to be reviewed for an APA accreditation. I dropped my classes after learning that APA was not scheduled to review the school for accreditation in 2006. Unfortunately, they continued to promote the school using the same speech through 2009. The school took out over $30, 000.00 in Private student loans in which a part of the loans were taken out after I informed the school that I would not attend their school due to lack of APA accreditation.

Argosy University has also been said to be associated with Sallie Mae Private lending, the school promotes loans from the Private sector even when you qualify for grants. Sallie Mae (Private) has been known to harass their customers with multiple phone calls, provide false information on credit reports (moving accounts back to show that the client is late in payments then requesting an exaggerated amount to bring account into good order status), take away forbearance time that was paid for, charge really high interest rates and use threatening promises to their clients.

If either of your problems sounds similar then please email ([protected]@jameshoyer.com) and let her know what happened to you. I know that there are many more students who are in the same boat. Also, don’t forget to write your Attorney General, State and Government representative. Before Congressmen Kennedy passed away, he was well aware of the problems and advocated against such practices. Let our voices be heard across America.

Documents that you will need
              1. Any documents relating to the promise that Argosy University (Dallas) was going to be accredited by APA
              2. Any documents relating to loans taken out by Argosy University
              3. Any documentation regarding how the student loans were applied to your account
              4. Any documents regarding Salle Mae Private Loans
              5. Any information regarding Salle Mae Private practices

(I am a previous student looking for other previous or current students that have been promised the APA accrediation or students that have had similar exspierences with Salle Mae Private)

Argosy University / Sarasotaincompetent administration

This is but the first in a series of absurdities. I had sent a single email asking whether I might replace ethics with another class, as I preferred to take ethics in a less "compressed" time period. I was informed the other class was not available. That was the end of the matter. I had never sent a request to the drop/add email address, nor did I send any request of any kind requesting that I be dropped from the class.

Yesterday, however, I went online and discovered ethics was no longer listed as one of my classes. After sending the always-requisite dozen messages, I finally received the unacceptable reply that I had supposedly dropped the class and that nothing could be done about it, end of story.

Obviously, if I had in any way requested that I be dropped from the class, I would not have performed the significant amount of work in completing assignments that I already have. I also would not have taken less than a "full load" of classes since I'm 46 and trying to accelerate the process, though not to the point of risking my ability to absorb what I learn.

The abject refusal of the administration to consider this their mistake and to rectify it has led to my filing a complaint with the accreditation agency. I am so incensed that I'm considering changing to a program at a different university. I've experienced this incompetence from registration to financial aid.

While the Argosy faculty has been excellent, the administration makes Kafka look well-adjusted. I would think twice before attending this university solely because it's administration is incompetent or worse.

• Am
                    Amy79 Jul 07, 2010

I have just enrolled at Argosy (Sarasota) . What a wonderful experience it has been for me. The administration has been very great in working with. No problems here and I highly recommend the Sarasota campus!

Argosy University — unscrupulous practices

I was a Masters Level student at Argosy University for three years. I was three classes away from graduating...

Argosy University - Twin Cities — poor education/ training in dental hygiene program

I graduated from Argosy University- Twin Cities' Dental Hygiene program in 2006 and I still feel...

Argosy University — bad education

The Argosy University title of "higher education" is perhaps the biggest oxymoron of all! This crap school i...

Argosy University - Florida — argosy = money pyramid scheme

Here's yet another Argosy University lawsuit dated April 30, 2009. Go to this link and view the CASEY...

Argosy University — argosy's lower education

Texas college sued by students for misrepresenting that it would become accredited For immediate release...

Argosy University — fraud: apa accreditation

Argosy University — diploma mill

Argosy University is nothing more than a hard sell diploma mill designed to milk people of their money in...

Argosy University — professors

Argosy University is a for profit university that pretends to care about the students. The school is driven...

Argosy University Onlineimproper proceedings

For all I know, this could be an accredited college... but the fact that they lied to me about the need to sign a promissory note for them to give me information about my loan, as told to me by SallyMae, was just uncalled for. Also, it turned out I was due a letter explaining my loan in details before needing to sign the note.
                  Guys, don't let private schools manipulate you! A promissory loan with Stafford is the LAST step in enrollment. When you do it - make sure you know your college's withdrawal procedure, 'cause if you don't, they might refuse to cancel your loan 'just like that, ' at least - the part of it that was for the classes you were enrolled to take.

Argosy University — lied about program financing

I responded to a SPAM email advertisment regarding Argosy University and within 2 minutes I reciecd a phone...

Argosy University — phone calls

An on-line inquiry was placed for program information for Argosy College, within minutes of transmitting the...