ARCO Gas Stationrudeness/overcharge

So yesterday i went to this Arco station to purchase a soda which was $1.79 plus crv and tax. The employee working the register was so busy talking on the phone that he wanted to charge me $4.85 initially. So i told him i was just getting a soda, he then told me it was $2.85 for a soda that costs $1.79, i was being polite and ask him to check himself that the price was $1.79 to which he refused and eventually told me that he did not want to argue. I got very upset and went to the cooler to grab the price tag and showed it to him. After that he lowered the price to $2.45 to which still was high. I explained to him that he was charging me almost sixty cents for tax and crv. This is a perfect example of people being careless about customers and putting their jobs at risk because they think we want to give them a hard time. I'm a general manager at a restaurant and this type of behavior is unacceptable. If he only put the phone on hold and pay attention to what i was requesting, everything would of been fine. I was promised by the store manager that this guy was getting fired, hopefully that will be the case. And trust me i will be going back to this location to make sure that this guy is no longer working there. It's sad that this guy is going loose his job, but hopefully he learns from this experience.

• Ca
    CanadasJ Mar 25, 2011

I Had a similar experience today at ARCO in Hesperia Ca, where I paid $40 worth of gas and bought a fountain drink, and when I went to pump the pump didnt work. When i went inside they were telling me all they were seeing was $20 and that they could give me $20 and call me later when her shift was over and the register was counted up. she then eventually said "There [email protected]! $40 on pump 19, get out of here you are so drama!" Worst customer service at any gas station I have been to! I will never go there again, Its like like im saving $1/GALLON ON GAS, more like $1 on a full tank!