Aramark Uniform Servicesbad driver

L

To Whom It May Concern, on the date of June 30th of 2017 at approximately 11:30am the driver of unit 25044 or license plate # FLL 0985 (James) came very close to hitting me 2 times while I was on my motorcycle. The first time was around 11:28am as we were exiting the galleria mall turning north onto Dallas Pkwy off of Galleria Dr, we were both turning right and I was in front of the Aramark vehicle. There were cars coming who had the right of way and I waited until I could safely go, however when I looked back the Aramark vehicle was within a foot from the back of my motorcycle, which is way too close and an unsafe distance, this was not the main issue. Once on Dallas Pkwy heading north I came up to the light at Alpha, I was in the right lane and there were other vehicle directly in front of me. Your driver James is turning right (East) onto Alpha and has a yield, so he does not need to wait at the light. This is when he once again came very close to hitting the back of my motorcycle while zipping passed me to the point that he even jumped the curb with his back right wheels. I thought to myself, “Should I let it go or say something?” I see that he turned left (North) on Barton Dr and I then go straight and pass the shopping center and made my way around to see if I can spot the Aramark vehicle. I spotted behind the shopping center at 13710 Dallas Pkwy Dallas TX 75240 where Paradise Bakery, ATT, Rally House. Pier 1 Imports, Babies R us and Dicks sporting goods etc… are located. I pulled over to the side, got off of my motorcycle and approached the vehicle and snapped 2 pictures, one of the vehicle and another of the driver. I then ask him “How is it going? Are you in a rush?” he then replies with a “No” I then go on to explain how he almost hit me, he is thinking I am talking about us exiting the Galleria Mall area. But when I then explained how he jumped the curb he then jumps in and says “Man, I didn't almost [censor] hit you and I didn't jump no [censor] curb”. At this point the foul language began on his part and I too exchanged words with him, without going too much in detail he then says “You're only talking like that because I am in uniform” I then asked if he respected his company and he said yes. I said “Then learn to drive when you're in your company vehicle”, I am sure had he not been in uniform he would have gotten physical with me when my entire purpose was to let him know how unsafe it is to follow that close.
I am not one to report people, however I feel that the distance he was keeping from me was unsafe and jumping curbs and rushing to the next destination is a huge liability. Not to mention his attitude towards me while in a company vehicle and in company uniform is unprofessional. I too work for a company where I wear uniform and I have been driving a company vehicle for the past 9 years. When I am in that uniform and vehicle, I am the company, I represent them.
I am not sure how your team will handle this, but I do believe some type of disciplinary action is necessary, whether it is counseling or another form or action.
My company has looked into using Aramark in the past, we have used other big name companies like Cintas and UniFirst, I do understand how one bad apple can spoil a bunch, so I hope this is addressed and handle properly.

bad driver
bad driver

• Updated by Louis Mendez (bigdlb12) · Jul 05, 2017

I reported this to Aramark almost a week ago and have yet to hear back from them.