Aramark Uniform Servicecontract cancellation and unfair business practices

L

This is the sleaziest company I have ever dealt with! Per the Aramark contract, we provided +60 advance written notice to cancel services. When I contacted them to pick up the old uniforms, the District Manager (in a smug tone) told me the contract automatically renewed. I explained a letter had been sent - fortunately - certified mail and I had proof. He just said he didn't get it. A few days later, the driver picked up the uniforms and then hit us with a $3, 000 bill for uniforms "beyond repair." I called Aramark again and said we paid an additional amount for their "Easy Care" program - which guarantees uniforms deemed unrepairable are replaced free of charge. I was told, by the District Manager the "Easy Care" program didn't apply once the contract was cancelled! I am now waiting to battle it out with their legal department. Do NOT use this company.

• Da
    Darlene H Jun 11, 2019

Aramark practices sleezy business practices! We wanted to try their shop towels for awhile. My husband called about them and the amount for them seemed reasonable. A woman and a man came to our shop the next morning very early when my husband was trying to get all his men off to jobs. She had a paper for him to sign and he thought he was signing saying he would pay for the towels. They did not leave a copy so we had no idea. Well, 14 months later I called to cancel due to the ungodly amount they were charging us every week because they were putting all kinds of charges on the bill. The next day a manager called and informed us that my husband signed a 60 month contract!! My husband would have never signed a contract for 5 years! For one, he is almost ready to retire and another we are in construction and you never know from one year to the next if you will be in business or not. So, those people didn't tell him that he was signing a 5 year contract and he never thought someone would be so deceitful in such a business. Do NOT Sign Anything With Them Unless You Take The Time To Read What You Are Signing!!!

• Le
    LeoP Jan 28, 2019

Aramark sold me their services, they bring me a quote with a good price, they told me to wait to cancel to my actual service provider, then after a couple weeks with services with Aramark I called to my old providor and they told me that I a under a contract the one Aramark never told me that anything about that, Aramark told me that just call to cancel and thats it. Now I am paying two services but using only one company. I called the sales guy from Aramark Robert Cedeno [protected] S Division Ave, Orlando FL 32805several times and he never answered or called me back after several voicemails. He is hidden from me, I also called his manager and he said that He can do anything because they have my signature with the approval, that I just have to pay the $5000 to the other company because it will be cheaper than cancel Aramark. Now I am stuck in this situation, if someone can help me please contact me Leo Pereira [protected] [email protected]

Thanks

• Le
    Leo Prada Oct 21, 2018

Aramark is very abusive. They will force a 3 year contract and then increase the price and if you try to get out not only will you be forced to pay the remainder of the contract but they will not pickup your uniforms and charge you for them.
    They are also incapable of billing you correctly and every statement has over billing.

• Bi
    Big Mike McDaniel Jun 08, 2018

Aramark is unethical and abusive company to deal with. They engage in predatory business activities. Dealing with Aramark requires attention to detail as they will constantly raise prices after contract signing and attempt to manipulate to sign new contract with prices back to what they once were.

• Ta
    TacticalNikita Dec 13, 2017

I am completely with you on warning people NOT to use this company. I am currently starting a battle with this company. For years they've been screwing us over and I've been too stupid to realize the extent. I was tricked into signing a 5 year contract and now, after 4 years of being charged almost $4k per month on mats replaced every other week, A mop and A broom that is charged on 2 accounts (how we had 2 I am clueless on), that were replaced maybe every 3 or 4 months. Uniforms not repaired. Uniforms they lost and expected us to pay for. Being charged for shop towels that weren't lost. I can't believe how stupid I was and now that I've wised up, supposedly they want to charge us a $14k cancellation of contract charge. As far as I'm concerned they broke the contract by charging us for services not provided and gauging those prices. I've never been through this before. I do work for a large corporation so I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty good legal department. I'm just so sick of myself for being conned by them for so long. I want to warn others not to be so stupid.