Having problems with AOL?

AOL reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2006. The latest review aol mail was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint Customer service was resolved on Jun 27, 2013. AOL has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 123 reviews. AOL has resolved 20 complaints.

AOL Customer Service Contacts

22000 AOL Way
Sterling, Virginia
United States - 20166

AOL Complaints & Reviews

AOLDifficulty cancelling the account

It took me almost one-half hour to cancel my AOL account. I attempted to cancel my account at 11:00 pm EST, because I thought I could reach customer service a lost faster. I was completely wrong.

The first customer service agent disconnected me after waiting for about 20 minutes to get through.The second said she could not assist me because her computer could not pull up my account. I asked for a supervisor waited about 25 minutes but no one came to the phone. I could hear the AOL customer service agents in the background but they would not exhibit basic politeness and tell me to call back,

I tried for over half-an-hour to reach someone but to no avail. Finally after about 10 or more attempts at redialing I reached someone. He wanted to know why I was cancelling my service, I had to laugh and only said I have a less expensive service please cancel AOL. He tried to to make various offers which I ignored and finally at about 12:20am EST, I had cancelled AOL, good riddance.

• Iv
      Ivette Ayuso Feb 22, 2007

Aol had been charging me every month on my credit card for services that I had cancelled do to the fact that I did not had a phone line any more and I could not use their services. They told me that my account was already cancelled but charges and interest was and still not credited in my account. Do not use Aol at all. Better business bureau should investigate all accounts and should close that business down. I have proof that my home which I own does not have any phone lines until Nov 2006.

AOL — Service sucks!

I don't have a business, but I have used AOL since I got my first computer, now I have a complaint, over...

AOLSick sense of humor

Under the tab "Comedy", AOL made available a video clip of a young woman's phobia with pickles on a sub-humane talk show hosted by Maury. As she screamed and ran through the audience to avoid the pickles, one could see the audience laughing. I do not question that the lady gave permission for this to be posted; I question AOL's lack of good taste and common sense in airing it. The caption said that Maury 'helped' her get over her aversion to pickles which intrigued me because aversion therapy can take a good number of sessions to succed. Instead, I was shocked to realize I had been bated and I felt violated in watching this woman be tortured. How sick is AOL willing to be?

• Je
        Jerry Langston Aug 31, 2020

I am sick & tired of all the negative crap you, AOL, saying about Trump all of the time. Nothing ever is Positive. If you ever studied the fact's, He is the best, most productive President the United States of America has ever had!

• Cr
        CraftyAOL Apr 07, 2019

trying to retrieve 3 email addresses...owner passed and I have legal document that I can take over. so far - not done.

Aol no help ...

• Wd
        Wd4u2 Dec 13, 2018

[email protected] HAS DECIEVED AND STOLEN 300. USD FROM ME!!! Stated he was a bank making loans With prepayments needed to proceed. I sent 300 usd and he stole it from me with no
        Email response at all. I am Wayne Dembowski. [email protected]