Anytime Fitnessscam and ripoff

Do not sign up here. It is a total scam and a ripoff. There is not enough equipment for everyone to use (4 treadmills and 4 elliptical machines and 2 bikes), so be prepared to work out with other people and share equipment. The woman also told me I could cancel at anytime for a $50 charge, and I was ok with that. So I decided to cancel after a few months after hearing a couple of the men in there talk innappropriately about females who were working out and act if they never saw a woman before. It was beyond uncomfortable to be in there being stared at! When I called to cancel, they referred me to another company that handles their billing (ABC Processing) - and they told me I could not cancel - even after the lady that signed me up said I could (there is a long list of stupid rules on canceling that I should have read on the back of the contract, but didn't since I asked the rep directly about canceling and expected to get a honest answer - so that is my own fault). So now I am unemployed and stuck paying for a membership I don't use and I can barely afford to feed my family and make my house payment. I have read nothing but bad reviews on this company as a whole. I just wish I read the reviews before I signed up! I also checked with other Anytime Fitness locations and they said that they could, in fact, cancel my membership if they wanted, but are hurting for money, so won't cancel me. This location also charges more than some of the other locations, so beware!