Amscotbill pay mistake

E

In June 2012 we went and paid our electric bill at Amscot - as usual. In early July I came home from work with my one year old to discover we had no electric! I pulled the receipt and called the electric company only to be told my receipt number had not been applied to my account by Amscot. Unbelievable! An hour and a half later, plus gas, and everything else my significant other and I ran all over town getting Amscot to fix their mistake. We were told they would take care of the reconnect and late fees associated with their mess up. Today I got my next power bill and guess what? They didn't! So I have now not only paid Amscot to process their screw up, wasted an entire evening I could have spent with my family, lost a refrigerator worth of groceries, wasted gas, and felt like a horrible mother but I now owe a total of $55 to the electric company because Amscot put my payment on the wrong account and let my electric get turned off. I should be grateful that they at least corrected my payment which was a lot more than $55, right? Wrong. Screw you, Amscot.

• Am
    Amscot Aug 16, 2012

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear of the error in processing your payment. We would like to discuss this with you further and work with you to resolve this complaint and "make it right". Please call me at [protected] ext 6264.

Benjamin Bridwell