Menu
J
Author of the complaint
12:37 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On March 21, 2022, at approximately 2:00am, I filed a service request for a leaking shower faucet. At 2:14am I received a response a contractor had been assigned. I contacted the contractor. I was given an appointment for March 22, 2022, between 10:00am-3:00pm. I was advised I should try contacting AHS for an earlier appt as I had to shut the water off to the house and was without water. I called AHS at 3:00pm. I asked if there was any way for someone to come out that day. I was advised if I did not receive a phone call within four hours to call back and ask for an outside authorization. A few minutes after getting off the phone with AHS, I received a phone call from the contractor. AHS canceled the appt scheduled for March 22, 2022. I called AHS at 7:00pm as instructed. AHS was still trying to find a contractor. I asked for an outside authorization as instructed. I was informed AHS was still trying to find a contractor. She stated to allow an additional 30 minutes and to call back if I did not receive a call. I informed her the contractor informed me the appt had been canceled by AHS. She stated she will leave a message for the contractor to attempt to reschedule the appt. At 8:30pm I called AHS again and was advised they were still trying to find a contractor. At that point I asked how late am I supposed to wait? I did not receive a call until 8:16am on March 22, 2022. I was informed I was being given an outside authorization because there were no contractors available. The contractor I had the appt with now had no available appts. I was given a list of instructions and informed they would also be sent via email. NO email has been received. I contacted and scheduled an appt with a licensed contractor. I called AHS and confirmed the contractor was NOT on the list of forbidden contractors. The contractor came at 12:00pm. The problem is not the shower cartridge but the valve. He estimates that the cost would be apprx $[protected].00. I advised him I would need to call AHS prior to accepting the estimate. I called AHS. She spoke with the contractor. She stated he would need to provide the work order in order for me to be reimbursed. I advised her I would pay him out of pocket for him coming today but I would like to have an appt with an AHS contractor for the valve work. I am not able to pay the $[protected] to an outside contractor. She stated the work order is still out and AHS is still waiting for a contractor. At 7:47pm I called AHS again. I spoke with Farah who is offshore. I asked for the status of a contractor because I still have not received a phone call, text message, or email from AHS or a contractor. Farah stated the contractor came out. I informed her he was an outside authorized contractor who was not able to fix the leaking faucet. She stated he would need to send over the request for authorization. I advised Farah I paid him out of pocket. I am not requesting reimbursement. I have paid my $100 fee and I am requesting an AHS contractor. Farah informed me until the contractor provides an authorization showing what the problem was, she was not able to assist me. Otherwise, I would need to put in a new request and pay another $100 fee. At that point I asked to speak with a manager. Farah informed me that would be the escalation department, but they would tell me the same thing. I was put on hold for over 10 minutes. When Farah returned, she informed me the escalation department was closed and someone would call me within 24 hours. On March 21, 2022, at apprx 7:00am I had to shut the water off to my home. My shower faucet was not a dripping leak but a flow of hot water from the shower head. I was without water for 32 hours, until appx 3:00pm on March 22, 2022. I am still without a shower as I am not able to use my shower.

More American Home Shield [AHS] complaints & reviews