American Family Caremedical visit

M Jul 15, 2019

I visited American Family Care in Tillman's corner, Al on 10/22/2018 for trouble sleeping, I presented my insurance card and the receptionist asked what my reason for visiting today, she took my insurance card, I paid my co pay and waited to be called back. Never once was I told that a Doctor was not in or if it was ok to see a nurse practitioner. If I had known that I was going to see a nurse practitioner I would not have continued with my visit. I don't remember her name but she was in the room for a total of 2 minutes, made me feel like I was drug seeker, and told me to see another Dr., that she could not help me because she can not write prescriptions for that, but wrote a prescription for Benadryl ( something I could buy over the counter )went her merry way. So now after about 90 days the office is calling saying I owe them 96.50 for her (crappy) service. Fast forward to the first of July, spoke to a lady in billing, she informed me that my insurance was not file and my account had been turned in to collections.She explained that she was going to put a 30 day hold on the collection to file the insurance. Ok Now I call about 3 days later and asked why was it still showing in collections, this time they informed me I still owed the payment. So I paid it against what I believe was bad service and uninformed information about me seeing a nurse practitioner, I was charged twice, I have email my credit card statement to them also a email I received from my credit card company, I haven't received any response and this is just down right sorry patient care and service, patient should be aware if they are seeing a Dr. or a nurse practitioner. I feel that the way I was treated and not having my issues resolved, I should not have to pay for this service. I will file a complaint with BCBS about the service I received at this office and will not recommend this office to anyone.