American Family Care — all of it
I went to AFC on 12-30-19. I signed in at 1:25 and left at 4:45. I have never been so disrespected in my life. The nurse asked what was wrong and I told her I've been extremely tired, I'm almost positive I have a UTI (I always have one), and that my body felt swollen. The nurse asked how long I'd had the uti and I told her it didn't go away from the last time I was there, which has been a few months. I'm a single mom, a full time student and work two jobs. But she didn't ask that. Instead she told me if I had a uti that long it would be a kidney problem at this point. CRNP Carol James came in the room around 2 hours later and made me feel like an idiot. First she asked what was wrong and I started talking about the uti. She stopped me and said all the nurse said was that I felt tired and swollen. I told her that's not what I said. She was asking questions about how long I'd felt tired. I told her lethargic was a long time, but I didn't know exactly. She said month or years and I wasn't sure. While she was examining she pressed on my stomach and there is a place there that hurts and I jumped. She looked at it and said she'd need to drain it and ordered a urine. An hour later the nurse came back, hands me a paper, says that's what was done today and have a good day. I told her I paid to come to the doctor and would like to know what's wrong. I don't know how to read those things. She replied I didn't do any of it. I said that I wasn't being mean at which point she snapped the paper from me and said "I didn't do it so I don't know" obviously irritated with me. So I finally just took the paper and left. I'm still not sure what's wrong, I know they wrote medicine but I don't know what they wrote or what for, and the place on my stomach is still there and still hurts. I basically wasted a day for the same information I could get from the Teledoc, but I prefer seeing the doctor so they or the nurse can explain things. I shouldn't leave my doctors office in tears. I'm a human being and should be treated with respect. After all I'm paying for the service and without patients there is no clinic.
More American Family Care Complaints & Reviews
- American Family Care - labor law breech
- American Family Care - patient care does not matter just money
- American Family Care LLC - uneccessary medical tests
- American Family Care - my debt was sold to a debt collector without my knowledge.
- American Family Care - I am making a complaint about a recent visit to your alabaster alabama facility.
- American Family Care - billing/ insurance
- American Family Care - tiger town urgent care in auburn alabama
- American Family Care - follow up from blood work
- American Family Care - customer service
- American Family Care - billing