American Family Carebilling department

H Oct 30, 2018

I have never been treated so appallingly by a healthcare provider in my whole life.

I booked myself into The Mt. Juliet AFC clinic on 09/27/2018 for a 'Free Preventative Physical', covered by my insurance company. The nurse told me that my treatment would be free and covered by Cigna.

I have since received a bill for $197.16. I have been back and forth to the clinic and the billing department disputing this. I have been told that the clinic billed me for a 'New Patient' appointment, which is not what I asked for and not discussed with the nurse. As the nurse said that everything would be free in my visit, I asked for a repeat prescription that I was part of my 'Free Preventative Physical'.

I initially tried to call the billing department, and was on hold for 45 minutes, so went into the clinic, who referred me back to the billing department.
After numerous more attempts to get through to your billing department, I send two emails to them, with no response or acknowledgement of receipt of these emails.

After 40 minutes on hold today, I got through to the billing department, who told me that it was the responsibility of the clinic to sort this out. I spoke to a supervisor who did not communicate to me that she was going to transfer me to the clinic, I just got transferred. I spoke to Maddie at the clinic who told me that I needed to speak to the billing department! I explained what had just happened at that they had transferred me through to her, so without communicating it to me, she just transferred me back to the billing department!

I have a bill for $197.16 that I am expected to pay, it is a form of mis-selling and a form of theft. Your clinic knew that I had booked in for a 'Free Preventative Physical', so should have informed me that I would be charged for the writing out of any prescription, I would have discussed and costs with my husband before proceeding.

I have been treated appallingly, and it's a total injustice. I need a bill sent to my insurance company for a 'Free Preventative Physical' under reference [protected]. I need to be re-billed, but neither your clinic or billing department seems to know who is responsible for this, who I need to speak to, or how I came to be in this situation. This is fraud.