American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Having problems with American Airlines?

1800 904 6000 (Mexico)
+1 800 433 7300 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 660 2300 (United Kingdom)
+61 291 011 948 (Australia)
+64 93 084 014 (New Zealand)
+32 70 300300 (Belgium)
+45 82 332 895 (Denmark)
+31 900 040 1666 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 958 (Portugal)
+41 848 289 289 (Switzerland)
+852 30 579 197 (Hong Kong)
+60 320 535 120 (Malaysia)
+63 25 248 625 (Philippines)
+966 114 615 453 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 498 444 (Singapore)
+27 118 446 067 (South Africa)
+82 234 833 909 (South Korea)
+66 26 341 031 (Thailand)
+54 43 181 111 (Argentina)
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
  • Ponce De Leon, Travel Center - MIATA, 901 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Suite 103, Miami, FL 33134
  • Oakland Park - Travel Center FLLTA 2720 East Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
  • Airport Travel Center, Miami International Airport, Miami, FL

Halaskargazi cad. № 2 Daire 3, Harbiye-Istanbul, Turkey

Benin
2nd floor, Carre 590, St Michel, Immeuble Ecobank, 03 BP 3699, Benin Republic

China
  • Room 1313, China Shine Plaza, № 3-15 Lin He Xi Road, Tian He District, Guangzhou, 510610, China
  • Huaihai Plaza, Suite 701 № 1045 Middle Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200031, China

• Parana 3745 Buenos Aires
  • Santa Fe 881 & Suipacha, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Avda. Rafael Nuñez 4081- Cerro de las Rosas, Cordoba 5009
Brazil
  • Avenida Presidente Wilson 165/5th floor ntro- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 20030-020
  • Av das Americas, 700 Bloco 8 Loja 117 H, Shopping Citta America Barra da Tijuca
  • Store 117H, located in Building 8, Brazil
  • Alameda Santos 2233 Level E1, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mexico
  • Blvd. A. Lopez Mateos 1102 Oriente Local B16 Col., Los Gavilanes, C.P., 37270, Leon, Gto. Mexico
  • Reforma 300 PB, Zona Rosa, C.P. 06600, Mexico D.F, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

flights

My husband and I have to travel for business. They cut back the Tyler, Tx flights and the Longview flights. We now have to drive two hours to Dallas. The only good part of that is that almost every flight we have taken this year has been severely delayed or canceled. Tonight's flight from Atlanta to Dallas was cancelled after we sat on the plane for two hours! They then deplaned us and even with platinum status gave us the run around. Seems the gate agents are tired and will not speak to anyone either. Now we have to go to Miami find a hotel and then proceed to Dallas. BUT WAIT...our flight to Miami is no where to be found. It is boarding in a few minutes but it is not here????? Agent on the phone gave us a "oh well, it is what it is??????" Really? Called back and they said all agents busy, we will return your call in 30 to 40 UGGGGGGG The good part is since we are driving to Dallas we will fly another carrier in the future, just need to restart our status. So sad for American Airlines where we spent thousands of $$$$ each year. -

flight attendant who needs to understand that all passengers are not the same.

Last night the 29th July 2017, was my fifth flight with air new zealand within 40 days.

It surprises me that last night was different that some flight attendants were discriminate people if I can say the right word.

Anyhow, I hope that the response I got from one of the flight attendants was made on good faith.

I sent a mail to crew and asked what time is kitchen opens and I received no respond.
Few minutes after, self service online was opened up for people who wants to buy something. I made approximately $12 purchase but I still needed more food. When I got back on screen, only sandwich is another option but I needed hot food. So I mailed the crew again if theres left over of meals like curry and rice that I can buy. No one responded to me. Then I saw this other flight attendant stood like 3 meters away from me and then I asked her if the mail on screen works.

Sadly this is what she said "oh is it about a meal that you want to buy?" I said "yes please". She replied "umm there are left overs but unfortunately they are not available for purchases".

What would you do if you are a shy sort of customer and you did not want everyone else to know what you asked for??

I dont know what your answer is but I CONSIDERED IT OFFENDED, I felt embarrased and offended.

My concerns are:
1. Why didnt someone responded to my mails ?
2. Why didnt someone just come and whispered to me if its a requirement that left overs are not allowed to be purchased on the plane instead of talking to me from like 3 meters away and let all other passengers knew that I asked for food?
3. Why didnt I offered a lolly before the plane lands?

Of course I dont travel first class when I travel, but I am another human being just like everyone else on the place. I do feel embarrased and offended too when I am not treated with respect like everyone else. I dont mind if its true that left overs are not available for purchase but I do mind my rights to keep my infomation and all my needs confidential. I do have the right to treat with respect and equally just like every other human being whether white or brown big or small etc...

One of my flights within the last 40 days, there were four of us all dependent on me including one adult and two dependent kids. Three of my flights was included another adult who I paid for. Two of my flights was just me. Isnt that enough to be treated with respect on the plane?

Air New Zealand airlane serves most of my families travel to and from. It is fully trusted however, what happened last night was inappropriate and I would consider this matter seriously if I manage the staffs on plane.
Who knows how many other air new zealand passengers who treated the same way I was treated last night but couldnt voice their concerns?

Its inappropriate and it made my trip last night uncomfortable.

delayed and canceled flights

American Eagle flight out of Fayetteville, NC airport to Charlotte, NC on 3 July, 2017 was delayed several times and then finally canceled. Rebooking could get me to Charlotte, but by then there would be no flights to Charlottesville, Va. which was my final destination. Went home and tried it
again on July 4th. Everything went quite smoothly.
July 6, time to go home. Charlottesville to Charlotte flight delayed an hour thus causing me to miss the connection to Fayetteville. I was then booked
on a flight leaving at 7:29---a 3 1/2 wait in Charlotte. But, oh well. Landed in Charlotte at 4:09. By the time I walked the E Terminal corridor, the flight was now delayed until 8:15. Walked to the center of all terminals and the flight was now delayed until 8:45. By 5:00, it was listed as leaving at 9:35!!!
Rented a car in Charlotte and drove to Fayetteville airport to get my car. Was home by 9:15. All this after having paid over a thousand dollars for
First Class ticket. Gate agent says delays are weather, pilot says it was mechanical. Would love to know what the excuse was for the last flight!
Not asking for anything as I see from other comments it wouldn't be forthcoming anyway. Just reporting that AA is a nightmare and I will fly around Casey's barn on another airline before I use them again.

6/15/17
SAN>CLT
there was a mechanical issue and we couldn't take off until our paperwork matched paperwork in philly and Texas
Waited and waited until they got the paperwork right and signatures
Missed my CLT>ILM connection and was booked for the following morning with no compensation for hotel, food, or transportation
Had to beg to get on the next flight to ILM
Landed at 8 instead of 5 and missed early Father's Day dinner

6/16/17 get a call from my mother in Connecticut that my uncle/godfather passed away
Frantically go to change flights with my sister
We both flew American, her flight change costed $200, mine was $742. We were horrified with your lack of bereavement policy and the extra charges to book flights over the phone when online was not working.

6/19/17
Get on flight from ILM>CLT
Flight is delayed
Land in CLT minutes before our connecting flight's doors shut
Sprint through the airport, having asthma attacks, to make it to our connecting flight on time.
Sit on that flight for 2 hours while a "quick fix" turned into a really really big problem. We deplaned, they didn't have another plane. Flight was cancelled. Work with a counter lady for over an hour to rebook us. She tells us my sister is confirmed on a flight to another airport in New York but I won't get on. Every time she tried to book me for another flight she says she got a seat and then oops that seat was already taken. Finally gets me confirmed for a flight in a few hours. I wait on standby for the flight my sister is on, quickly get bumped from number 4 on standby to number 12.
My sister sits on that flight for over an hour but they can't fly into New York, they also can't deplane so even if I can get on my flight, she won't be able to make it with me. Then my flight was cancelled as well as hers. American Airlines callback time was over and hour and so was the customer service line. Desk agents weren't able to change where I would fly into. We finally get onto a flight that would take us to Hartford, not ideal but we'll take it. When we're about to land there's an announcement "we can't land at Bradley, we'll either fly into providence or Boston" every flight attendant after that followed their announcements with "wherever we end up landing"
They tell us Boston.
So we start booking our Air b n b, at this point my sister's luggage is stuck on the plane she deplaned in CLT. My bag is on our plane.
After not deplaning and sitting on the ground for an hour, we book our air b n b and transportation
Then they tell us we will deplane for 30 minutes then get back on and go to Hartford
We're allowed to stay in Boston if we'd like, but they won't take my bag off the plane for me.
So here we are, just the clothes on our back, traveling and miserable with multiple mechanical failures, delays, and cancellations on day.
We decide to stay with my bag. Our uncle spent over 4 hours at the Hartford airport waiting for us, since that flight would have gotten in at 6 pm. Our original flight would have gotten into westchester at 1:23 pm. As if coping with a death in our family and not being able to get to our grieving mother wasn't bad enough, 9 hours of delays? Just to get from North Carolina to Connecticut?

Fast forward to today, 6/21/17
PVD>PHL and PHL>SAN
Excited to finally get home! No weather problems to cause any delays. Would be nice to have just one day without travel issues.
Wasn't able to check in online after multiple tries.
Go to the airport, go to self check in, receive an error that tells me to go to a desk.
The agent looks concerned and says "you've had some flight changes, huh"
"Some would be an understatement I said."
"Well it looks like there's been an error with all these changes. I think I can fix it though"
Perfect, I'm not confirmed for my flights today.
"So, there's a small glitch, you don't have a seat assignment but go to the gate"
Great.
Thankfully I'm getting on this flight and praying there's no more delays/failures/or misery

The flights costed me $1400 and I am not satisfied with even 1 of 7 of them. Not to mention all the extra money I spent on food and transportation.

If this is not settled, I will never fly American Airlines again and I will make sure everyone I know and my social influence circle of 30, 000 followers knows exactly how I feel.

refund of tickets

I bought tickets for me and my son to go to Brazil in Jun 12, with a stop in Mexico City (reservations QBCCXB and PPKNZQ). I noticed that my son's passport was expired, so I called American Airlines and asked if it would be a problem because we have a stop in Mexico City. The operator said that would not be a problem, neither to board in US nor to board in Mexico. She said that I only need to present his birth certificate.
Last Monday, Jun 12th, we arrived at Kansas City Airport to take the first flight to Dallas two hours before the flight time, and our problem started. A American Airlines agent in the check-in said that we cannot take the flight because the expired passport. I explained that I talked with an AA operator and she said that I only needed to show his birth certificate. She replied: "she gave you a wrong information." I said: What? It is not my fault, and if you are affirming that a AA operator gave me a wrong information so is your company fault not mine." The women was not prepared to deal with client, she did not know what to do, many times went to the office to talk with the supervisor. She asked me if I bought two different reservation because was cheaper. It was rude but I explained that initially our intention is to stay 3 days in Mexico City with friends. It took 2 hours, I asked her to link the reservation so we can justify at Mexico that we are only doing a fast stop there. She denied. I was very stressed because I have an important doctor appointment in Brazil because I am sick and I was with all recorder did by American doctors. I explained everything to her but she was very rude and said that could not called her supervisor. Then, the supervisor appeared and I tried to talk to her but she rudely ignored me. In the end the agent sold me tickets to Miami for $1200. When I arrived in Miami, the AA agents there in 10 minutes helped me and we could take the flight to Brazil. I want the punishment of this MCI agent and the refund of the tickets she pushed me dishonestly.
My AA frequent flight number is 826HXN8 and my son 924HXN2.

reservation change

May 1, 2017, My wife purchased two tickets to Dallas, Texas for my daughter's wedding. "record locater: GVQWNU" She could have sworn she did it right, but, when we got our confirmation on June 12, 2017 through an email, it showed that we were leaving on Oct. 6, 2017 and we're to come home on Oct. 9, 2017. But we were suppose to come home on the 8th because of employment on Oct.9. So, my wife called American Airlines and was told it would cost her an extra $400.00 to change the ticket, even though there are seats available on the 8th on the same plane! The rep. said that are tickets are "voluntary change fee" and restricted fares with charges for changes! So, I sent an email to customer relations at their website to plead my case and I received email back from a Charlene Martinez from Reservations that stated the same talking points with no give or take! I didn't "volunteer anything. The cost of the wedding is enough never mind the $400.00 fee or missing a day of work!. I think they make enough money, especially through baggage fees. I/we will never fly AA again unless this fee is waved! Also anyone I know, will know!

• Updated by JWiesner · Jun 15, 2017

I would like to say the whole issue has been resolved and I do not have to pay the fee! Thank You, ComplaintsBoard.com!! You can go ahead and remove my complaint! American Airlines was very helpful!

flight connection

Record locator PEVZLF. Two senior citizens traveling from Cancun to Charlotte, NC on June 7, 2017, flight 888, scheduled to leave at 415pm. Our plane was late coming in so we didn't leave until approx. 635pm.
Arriving in Charlotte we went through customs and went as fast as possible to flight 2015, leaving at 1035pm. We got to the gate as they were boarding some passengers & stopped with us because we arrived at the gate at 1025pm.
QUESTION? Why didn't they wait for us, along with at least 4 other passengers? They had to know we were coming! We felt our 50th wedding vacation was great until that one minute made a difference.

airfare

I recently booked flights and flew with AA with my son. I called AA customer service to inquire about my 6 year old son sitting next to me. I was told by 2 CS reps that I needed to go to the website to purchase premium seating so that my son and I could be able to sit together. I asked the rep if AA did their best to ensure that a minor child would sit with a parent for flights that I had already booked, and she said there is no guarantee that I would sit with my son. So, I went on the website and spent an additional $160.00 to ensure that my son would be sitting with his parent. The CS was rude and less than accommodating, and I told her that. I asked her why she was giving me such a hard time, as I was a customer...she couldn't answer that. I then called CS again for the third time and spoke to a man that was actually really nice to talk with. He told me not to file a complaint before our departure, but to do it when returned so that our seats on the flight were not forfeited. He told me that AA does their best on all flights booked to ensure the child would sit with their parent. I am filing a complaint for a refund of the additional money I had to spend to purchase other seats due to the initial CS rep. stating that is what I HAD to do. I also spoke with another CS rep. after her, and she was just as nasty. The CS reps. need more training. I should never have to call CS anywhere and be treated like I was treated...not the mention the reps had no idea how to answer any questions! One of the stewardesses also got smart with my on one of our flights home from Mexico to Pittsburgh on 6-1-17. My son was drinking his last swallow of water, and she stood in the aisle with her hand on her hip because she had to wait three seconds to collect the garbage! I am pretty upset, and am definitely considering switching airlines when we fly in the future! I have been using AA now for 5 years! Appalled!

american airlines complaint

Customer: Cesar Chamochumbi Mori
Flight Date: March 17, 2017
Flight Locator: DZRYGC
Flight Number: 2365
Destination: Miami, FL to Santiago, Dominican Republic

After extensive delays at the airport the flight was ultimately cancelled and we were lodged at a hotel overnight (after waiting over an hour on line for hotel voucher)  The agents were very rude and not very hospitable.  After additional delays the following day the replacement took off.  This extensive delay resulted in loss of a full day of vacation and was extremely inconvenient. I was travelling with my sister in law and wife,
Aurora Chamochumbi, Maxima Finn, Joanne Strader, Maria Rodriguez and Rosamaria Solórzano.

I also need to mention that the same thing happened same time last year. Same flight, travelling to the same destination. Unfortunately, I was not compensated for my loss, although  I was travelling with Rosamaria Solórzano, Maxima and Milton Finn Joanne and Darrell Strader and they all received vouchers in addition to miles for those that are advantage members.

I respectfully request full refund for this flight and additional ticket to make up for the inconvenience.

Thanks You.
Cesar Chamochumbi Mori

american airlines

Trip Date: Marc 17, 2017
FL confirmation: VWFUIK
Fl # 2365
Destination: from Miami, FL to Santiago, Dom Rep

After extensive delays at the airport the flight was ultimately cancelled and we were lodged at a hotel overnight (after waiting over an hour on line for hotel voucher)  The agents were very rude and not very hospitable.  After additional delays the following day the replacement took off.  This extensive delay resulted in loss of a full day of vacation and was extremely inconvenient. I was travelling with my sisters, Maxima Finn, Joanne Strader, Maria Rodriguez and grace Arrieta.

Thank you!

Rosa Maria Solorzano
[protected]

email password

i have a yahoo account since ages...

today i was trying to lag into it

[protected]@yahoo.com

i had forgot my password so i followed the forgot password steps...at some point it suggested me to change it as

afiya.[protected]@yahoo.com

i thought it giving my old account a new name so i accepted it

then i fixed a new password for : afiya.[protected]@yahoo.com

when i enter : afiya.ahmed @yahoo.com its a new account...my previous folders of [protected]@yahoo.com arent there anymore...

now after signing out from afiya.[protected]@yahoo.com i am reenturing it ...and putting my confirm password its saying...password is wrong...

i am sick an tired...

i just want my old account back [protected]@yahoo.com

please do it fast ...

i am never coming back again to yahoo other wise...

unfair refund policies

Last April I booked a flight for Last July with American Airlines through Orbitz. I then cancelled my flights through Orbitz because my husband (at the time) had a kidney transplant and could not fly) I did this on the website but also called them to be sure. I received a full credit for the flight to be used for a future flight with Orbitz on American Airlines.

When I was ready to fly again, I attempted to book a flight through Orbitz using the credit on my account. I as informed then that there would be a $200 RE-BOOKING fee charged by the Airlines.

I contacted American Airlines and was told that there was nothing they could do because I had booked a "non-refundable" ticket.

No where on the booking sight does it state that I am booking a non refundable flight. No where on my itinerary either.

After several attempts to get my money back I am turning to you. I am attaching the emailed correspondence for both Orbitz and American Airlines.

This is not a fair policy and I wouldn't be surprised it if weren't illegal as well!
______________________________________________________________Case ID with Orbitz Case ID : [REQ:M-[protected]]
Case ID with Orbitz [REQ:S-[protected]]
Itinerary [protected]

email confirmation from orbit

Orbitz travel confirmation - Jul 13 - (Itin# [protected])

Knoxville to Charlotte

Orbitz to me

4/21/16
Orbitz.com
Thanks!
Your reservation is booked and confirmed. There is no need to call us to reconfirm this reservation.

PHONE CALL to cancel flight acknowledged on 6/19/16 by

My Orbitz Account

Atlanta
Wed, Jul 13 - Thu, Jul 21 Reservation Canceled Total: $250.20 Airline credits: $250.20 Travel Protection: $19.00
Flight Cancel - Itin: [protected] - Case ID : [REQ:S-[protected]]

EMAIL from Orbitz

Orbitz Would Like Feedback About Your Call On 6/19/2016

from me to Orbitz 6/21/2016
Name: Sheri-Lyn Crump
Itinerary Number:
Message: I contacted an agent relaying a medical reason for cancelling my travel plans. He told me he would take care of it and get my money back. I contacted American Airlines they do not even have me booked in the first place.

I requested my full refund and will travel at another date on American Airlines but paying a $200 rebooking fee for a flight that AA is not even aware of.

It is a simple request---my husband has gotten a kidney transplant and has been grounded per doctor orders.

I have proof of his medical condition if that is necessary.

Reply from Orbitz

Dear Sheri-Lyn,

Thank you for contacting Orbitz regarding the cancellation of your flight reservation.
We are sorry to know that you will cancel your flight reservation because your husband has gotten a kidney transplant and has been grounded per doctor orders.
We check the email address that you used to send this message and it shows that you have a round trip flight from Knoxville, TN - TYS to Atlanta, GA - ATL and Atlanta, GA - ATL back to Knoxville, TN - TYS and it is already booked and confirmed. Also, you have purchased a flight insurance for the amount of $19. We advise you to contact the AON and ask if they will refund the insurance if you cancel the flight protection. You may call them at [protected] or [protected]

From: Me

To: [protected]@customercare.orbitz.com
Sent: Jun 21, 2016 7:26:46 PM

I have proof of his medical condition if that is necessary.

Response from Orbitz

We will do our best to respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. Please note we cannot provide the following services over email:
* Booking, changing, or canceling reservations
* Refund requests
* Price quotes
* Urgent requests regarding travel within the next 5 days
Please call us for these requests at [protected] and reference the case number above

from me
to CustomerServiceTier2.M
6/24/16

Still not seeing the words "non refundable " on my ticket! I DO, however see a button to select that says "edit or refund"
When I contacted American Airlines they said they did not have a reservation for me. They also said that you can give me all my money back ( cash or on account.)
In order for myself or my company to continue using Orbitz I would appreciate your prompt attention to my refund request

From Orbitz

CustomerServiceTier2.M
to me
6/22/16

Dear Sheri-Lyn,

Thank you for contacting Orbitz regarding the cancellation policy of your flight reservation with American Airlines.

We apologize for the delay in answering your request. We are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of endorsements, preventing us from responding within our normal standards.

It is our understanding that you are not amenable with the reissuance fee. Please be advised that since you booked a non-refundable ticket, the policy would be restrictive. To modify or cancel your reservation, the policy of the ticket should be followed.
If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this message or call us at [protected] or [protected] if from outside the U.S. and reference case ID: S-[protected]

Found at the bottom of my itinerary:

Additional Information
Additional Fees
The airline may charge additional fees (Opens in a new window) for checked baggage or other optional services.
Please read the complete penalty rules for changes and cancellations (Open in a new window) applicable to this fare.
Please read important information regarding airline liability limitations(Opens in a new window) .

It is unfortunate that the links provided do not open so nothing shows for "complete penalty rules for changes and cancellations"

I want my money back!

our unwise choice to fly american again

We have been trying for weeks to purchase seats on our flight to munich. Our cruise agent tried to talk us into using delta/air france instead of american. She said they had a terrible seat policy. Little did we know how bad it was. The times for the american flights worked for us so we made the mistake of not listening to her. They only offered middle seats in the middle section. All others could only be purchased by elite, platinum or gold members. This article explains their unethical tactics:

We currently have $1, 000 worth of vouchers from our american airlines trip in july 2016.in la we sat on a hot plane on the tarmac for 3 hours, our flight ended up being cancelled until the following day, then delayed again. When we arrived in miami one of our suitcases had been run over and split open. When we flew back to la we had 3 gate changes due to faulty aircraft. We were only delayed 3 hours on that flight. We take 4 vacations a year and are seasoned travelers. We were stupid to book on this airline again!!!

very uncomfortable flight

I booked a flight for American Airlines and I must say that was the worst flight in my life. I'll never use this airlines again because they are absolutely terrible and unprofessional. Their on board staff was terrible and rude, you should have seen their faces!
Also, when I made my booking for American Airlines, it was said that there will be a TV there and a meal provided. And what I received? There was no TV, no Internet connection, not even a newspaper to read. And as for the so called meal - small cookie and a small cup of tea.
When I asked for a blanket they said they don't have one. They said that flight was too short for TVs, full meals and warm blankets. Short?? It was a 7 hour flight and it was terrible!! Never again!

delayed baggage

I recently travelled from BWI to JFK and then EWR to London Heathrow. I would like to make a complaint about the service I received in JFK and request compensation for the extra cost due to their error but I am struggling to find the appropriate route and wondered if you can offer any advice.

My suitcase was lost between getting off the plane and it getting to the carousel for me to collect it. I had another flight to catch from EWR at 6:40pm and I landed in JFK at 1.26pm. I booked a shuttle to take me to EWR for 2.10pm assuming that 40 minutes was long enough for my luggage to arrive. My luggage had not appeared by 1.50pm so I went to the baggage desk who told me they'd call and find out where it was. They took 5 minutes to actually make this call as the two attendants were having a personal conversation. I told the lady that I had another flight to catch and that I had a reservation on a shuttle in 15 minutes. The women finally called someone who told me just to wait, it would come. By 2.15, having now missed my shuttle and knowing I was meant to be in EWR by 4.40pm to check and the travel between airports being 1 hour and 30minutes by taxi, I told the women that I wanted to file for a missing baggage so I could do and hopefully still get a shuttle (with an estimated time of 2 hours travel). I wasn't allowed to do it as I was told as my next flight was international, they couldn't do that. I told her again that I was going to miss my flight and she called the office and then told me they couldn't find my bag but to still wait. By the time it got to 2:30, I told her I needed to file the missing bag claim because I needed to go. She then told me the system was down so I couldn't do it. At 2:40 I said I needed to file the missing bag now manually or I would miss my flight, she finally let me fill in a form.

I went to the shuttle area to be told the next shuttle was in 5 minutes. I waited for 5 minutes before asking again where it is and if they had booked me on it. I was then told my shuttle help desk that oh no, they hadn't booked me on it and the next one was now an hour away. I was left with no option but get a taxi. I was running (literally) out the airport when I saw my case surround by some guys talking about how to get it to me. I grabbed my case and ran out the airport and had no other choice but to get a taxi the hour and a half journey to EWR. The taxi cost me $152.30 instead of the $31 the shuttle would have cost me if the baggage claim had let me sort my bags quicker or if their airline hadn't lost my bag in the first place.

Where this was the fault of AA or JFK I don't know but I do expect some sort of compensation for this unnecessary cost, hassle and stress.

aadvantage miles

On Nov 15th, I received a call from American Airlines notifying me that my 50K+ reward points would expire on Nov 20th (5 days from the call). American Airlines "claimed" that they sent me emails about my expiring points, but no emails were ever sent. The representative gave me 3 options to choose from to keep my points from expiring. Pay $100 to keep my points active for a year, buy miles which would cost $61.71 for a measly 1K miles or book award travel within those 5 days. I asked if I could open a Citi Aadvantage MasterCard to keep my points active. The representative said I could, but that I would need to spend $5K in order to get the bonus 50K points when all internet offers required a much lower spend: $1K or $3K. Why would my custom offer be so much worse than offers for public consumption? Is it because American Airlines prey on folks that have expiring points? I then decided to shop in the Aadvantage online mall on 11/17/16 in order to generate activity on my account, which was another option that American Airlines never told me about. I ended up getting credit for my purchases and my points got reinstated, but I think it's really disingenuous of American Airlines to provide their customers with such terrible options. The credit card and Aadvantage Mall were never specified as an option, but luckily I'm resourceful. I think it's really shameful what American Airlines is doing to their customers and it should be revealed to the public what kind of shady company American Airlines really is.

overbilling

I bought a roundtrip ticket from Charlotte to Frankfurt, Ger. in june . On the way over to Germany in July they reissued the ticket at a $139 premium over the receipt I had in hand and had just printed at the Charlotte airport with my boarding passes that all show the same original ticket number . I had not asked for any changes in any aspect of the trip, seats, baggage etc. They cannot explain to Chase my cc company or me why they reissued the ticket at a new ticket number during the flight and refuse to refund the $139 they stuffed onto my credit card . Beware cc stuffing by them and be sure to keep not only the original ticket receipt but also the boarding passes so you at least have a factual basis for the complaint . Their corporate response has been to limit or eliminate the option to print a receipt at the kiosk so folks would have to go to the counter for such in the future if dumb enough to fly them . I wonder how many millions of people have been stuffed by AA .

fraud! looking more like wells fargo / attorney general please note!

I had purchased a flight on American Airlines for vacation, leaving Flagstaff to BWI. Our flight was 0700. We went online the day before at 0700 to print out boarding tickets. The first flight, Flagstaff to Phoenix was fine, we were
given seats 13A and 13B Then it prompted us to the next flight were no seats were assigned. There were 6 seats available but when we clicked on them it said $28/each. What did I pay $318 for ???? to only pay for another seat? It would not let us print out anything until we chose a seat so we had no boarding tickets. We called the airline twice to hear the same instructions that if we didn't want to pay the money, we would have to get our passes at the ticket counter at the airport. I then called Expedia and relayed the message to them. They tried to put in for two seats but they were not allowed either
I sincerely hope that someone will look into this, my next step will be to contact my Attorney General's office on Monday. These people are being deceitful and dishonest charging people twice for a ticket.
I am definitely not speaking well of American Airlines to all my friends and will never use them again. There are too many other honest airlines out there

• Wine Is Good Sep 11, 2016

There should have been a link to let the airline choose your seats. I have flown AA many times and never had to pay unless I wanted a specific seat.

• Hb
    hbtraveler Apr 04, 2017

@Wine Is Good Things have changed. They won't even let me purchase seats. We are stuck in the middle section, middle seats. The are plenty of seats left, but you have to be Elite, Platinum or Gold to purchase.
    This is their new policy:

• Wine Is Good Apr 05, 2017

@hbtraveler https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/faqs/reservations-tickets-faqs.jsp

I just checked the seat FAQ. Nothing on there about not being able to choose your seats during flight purchase, only that some seats are blocked out until the day of flight in case of special needs.

lost luggage

I was travelling with American Airlines and these guys actually lost my luggage. I had two suitcases and one was lost. I have spoken with American Airlines representatives and they promised to find my suitcase but they did not even try!
Then I asked them to refund me and they said they need some extra time and said that they guarantee that they will 100% find my stuff. No, that did not happen! I travel quite often and never had these kind of problems.

worst airlines ever

I have booked a round trip flight via American Airlines and when I received my tickets I noticed that my surname was written with a mistake. I contacted American Airlines right away and asked them to fix everything but they immediately said that they were not responsible! After several calls they finally agreed to fix and said that I need to pay extra money for that kind of service. Well, the whole thing seemed like a scam. If they had that kind of service why didn't they offer that in the first place? Looks fishy to me.
American Airlines - is terrible, I would not recommend them to anyone.