American Airlines Logo

American Airlines

Having problems with American Airlines?

1800 904 6000 (Mexico)
+1 800 433 7300 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 660 2300 (United Kingdom)
+61 291 011 948 (Australia)
+64 93 084 014 (New Zealand)
+32 70 300300 (Belgium)
+45 82 332 895 (Denmark)
+31 900 040 1666 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 958 (Portugal)
+41 848 289 289 (Switzerland)
+852 30 579 197 (Hong Kong)
+60 320 535 120 (Malaysia)
+63 25 248 625 (Philippines)
+966 114 615 453 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 498 444 (Singapore)
+27 118 446 067 (South Africa)
+82 234 833 909 (South Korea)
+66 26 341 031 (Thailand)
+54 43 181 111 (Argentina)
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas
  • Ponce De Leon, Travel Center - MIATA, 901 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Suite 103, Miami, FL 33134
  • Oakland Park - Travel Center FLLTA 2720 East Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
  • Airport Travel Center, Miami International Airport, Miami, FL

Halaskargazi cad. № 2 Daire 3, Harbiye-Istanbul, Turkey

Benin
2nd floor, Carre 590, St Michel, Immeuble Ecobank, 03 BP 3699, Benin Republic

China
  • Room 1313, China Shine Plaza, № 3-15 Lin He Xi Road, Tian He District, Guangzhou, 510610, China
  • Huaihai Plaza, Suite 701 № 1045 Middle Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200031, China

• Parana 3745 Buenos Aires
  • Santa Fe 881 & Suipacha, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Avda. Rafael Nuñez 4081- Cerro de las Rosas, Cordoba 5009
Brazil
  • Avenida Presidente Wilson 165/5th floor ntro- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 20030-020
  • Av das Americas, 700 Bloco 8 Loja 117 H, Shopping Citta America Barra da Tijuca
  • Store 117H, located in Building 8, Brazil
  • Alameda Santos 2233 Level E1, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mexico
  • Blvd. A. Lopez Mateos 1102 Oriente Local B16 Col., Los Gavilanes, C.P., 37270, Leon, Gto. Mexico
  • Reforma 300 PB, Zona Rosa, C.P. 06600, Mexico D.F, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

American Airlinesflight attendant

On may 11, 2016 my wife and I were on a flight from dallas to hong kong. (16 hour flight). We flew business class. When I got on the plane a steward, peter lou, employee number 666259 asked me if I finished my newspaper. These were my papers, not given to me by aa. I said no. I also took out some personal papers I needed to review for my trip. This was a business trip. He asked me if I would mind giving it to another passenger. I said no problem. At that point we were served dinner, started watching a movie and we fell asleep. I did not even look at the newspapers. I did start reviewing my work papers. When I woke up all my papers were gone, including my personal papers. When I called the head stewardess and told her the situation she asked me if I knew who the steward was. I said I would recognize him which I did. He was confronted and he apologized in writing on the plane, so aa cannot deny it happened, but never gave me back my papers. Naturally neither my wife or I could fall asleep after this. I complained to aa customer service only to get the same answer I did from the crooked steward, "sorry". This is totally unacceptable. I now must travel back to complete my business and aa will only say sorry. I would never trust to fly aa on a long flight where I may fall asleep again. They never even told me what happened to this employee. He probably still works for them even after being caught stealing from a passenger. Remember this next time you need to fly. Would you trust them? I wouldn't. Remember "you could be his next victim.
#aa #@americanairlines.com

American Airlinesamerican airlines needs to improve its "purchased" food selections.

On a recent flight I bought - bought - a "Bite into delight. Handmade Sandwich - Pastrami Sandwich- Rye Bread, Pastrami, Cheddar Cheese, Cabbage, Carrots, Red Wine, Mustard, Mayonnaise. Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soy..Chelsea Food Services, Honolulu Hi 96819." It cost almost $10.00 and was "terrible." It was ice cold - Pastrami is usually served "hot" ala "Hot Pastrami Sandwich". I am glad I didn't get sick from eating a fatty meat like pastrami ice cold. This food did not belong in a freezer! I hope you can improve upon your food choices and if you continue to offer Pastrami, please keep and serve it at a more appealing temperature. I believe I deserve reimbursement which I hope you send. Your logo is on the wrapper which I still have. It is a white with some green printing, black/blue printing, and black/blue description of sandwich. The label wrapped around with two green tabs on each end. sealed closed. I live at 1888 Kalakaua, 901, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815 to send compensation. Everything else okay and this sandwich would have been okay if it had at least been warm. Thank you.

American Airlines — racist/ unethical behavior

To whom it may concern: My daughter purchased round-trip first class tickets from lga to ord. On her flight...

American Airlines, Inc.damaged luggage during a recent trip

On our way to board a cruise in San Juan in late November the airline damaged a brand new hard shell bag. This was reported to the claims desk upon our arrival and a form was filled out. The agent stated that the bag was badly damaged and should be replaced. Since I had not heard from them upon our return from our cruise I contacted them via email to find out what is going to happen only to receive a computer generated reply that they will look into it. Since then every 2 weeks I send them an email reminder only to again get a computer generated reply. No answer yet to resolve my problem. It's been almost 3 months. Very poor customer relations.

American Airlinescares airplane safety harness not permitted on recent flight

We were returning from JFK to SD on Tuesday, January 5 with our 2.5 year old daughter on American Airlines. Prior to takeoff, the flight attendants told us that the pilot indicated that we could not use our CARE Airplane Safety Harness during taxi and takeoff. We informed the flight attendant that we had used the harness on 11 previous flight segments including 5 in the last 2 weeks including an earlier flight that day on AA Flight 101 from LHR to JFK and 4 previous AA flight segments last October. We also told the attendants that our toddler would not remain seated without the harness. She would release her seatbelt and squirm. We also told the attendants the device was FAA approved and that the pilot was not correct. The flight attendant accused me of ‘jumping down my (her) throat’. They let my daughter stay seated with the harness until a few minutes before take off when finally another flight attendant told us the pilot would not take off with the device strapped to the seat. We had been in transit for over 20 hours, so in desperation my wife held our daughter during takeoff. It’s the only way she’d stay ‘secure’ without the strap. We believe the flight attendants and pilot are poorly trained, poor in customer service, and endangered our child.

American Airlineslost luggage

Luggage did not arrive with my flight. Called central number a dozen times over 6 days. Still no luggage. The handlers at San Diego airport have failed to answer phone calls, emails, voicemails, texts. I was referred to baggage resolution, however, I was on hold over an hour with no answer. No one returns calls. How do these things get resolved?

American Airlinescustomer service at boston logan airport

Dec 17, 2015. Four months ago I booked tickets from Boston to Manchester UK via Philadelphia. The first leg was delayed due to weather and I missed my connecting international flight. I was sent back to the ticket counter at terminal B where I stood for the next hour as a miserable AA rep and her supervisor told me there were no flights to Manchester UK. Having done this trip with different airlines for the past fifteen years I knew there were. It was 6.15 and plenty of time to get me to the UK. They refused and and said I would need to return the next day, have two connections and a journey time of over 20 hours. The woman was on her cell phone, complaining that she had to pick her son up and had to leave. She flat out lied and said I had confirmed seats for the next day. She actually put me on a stand by flight in JFK. I will never ever fly American airlines again. They are rude and incompetent and do not care if people get to see their family at Christmas or not. I still am waiting for a flight and my bag is somewhere in Phily. Calling their 1800 numbers is useless. Everyone tells you something different. Bottom line-spend an extra $150 on your tickets because American Airlines do not deserve the business

• Wine Is Good May 06, 2016

You are angry that someone did not care if you saw your family when you did not care if she picked her kid up on time? There probably was not a flight out that night, which is why you had to be rebooked the next day. NO airline can control weather, and NO airline can magically make a flight plan appear out of thin air. You do not act like you know much about flying.

American Airlinesdisfunctional - don't care airlines

Today is 7 oct and wife and I are not in dominica!! Long story, and very sad…… we awoke this morning at 2:30 to get the last of the things done around the house necessary to close it for the 6 months we would spend in dominica. About 3:45 am, a buddy of mine showed up to take us to the airport. We got to eppley airport about 4:30 and had boarding passes about 15 minutes later. Went thru tsa in a breeze – best tsa screening ever for us – very quick….. We walked to the departure gate and found a place to sit next to the gate work area. There was activity that early as a flight to dallas was just before ours. The dallas flight departed and our flight departure was suddenly changed from 6:05 to 6:59!!! What gives – no american airlines rep at the gate would say anything. The only announcement they made was that the crew would be there shortly (25 minutes) (Already post departure time). Lynn went to the gate folks and inquired about the flight, particularly because we had a connecting flight in chicago to sju. “no problem” says the guy at the gate – the other flight is late, too, so all is well. You will have plenty of time. Our flight finally boards and departs – well over an hour late.In flight, the pilot announces that the delay was as a result of “crew rest time” as the original crew for this flight got in late the evening before. We were never able to identify if this crew was the late night crew or a substitute. Point: aa cannot identify when crews are over time and new crews need to be on hand to make a scheduled flight??? Or, aa simply does not care!! We get to chicago, go like hell to the gate for the sju flight and get there just in time to see the aircraft preparing to pull away from the terminal. We were not allowed to board as the “door” closed 10 minutes before we got there……. At that point, one of the aa reps proudly hands us boarding passes for the next flight to sju – several hours later. I ask “…how about the connecting flight following that one?” big blank stare, a look of pure shock on the guy’s face – he never looked to see if there was anything else on our itinerary. Now there is a supervisor involved, both banging away on the keyboards…… of course, they have nothing for today as there is only one aa sponsored flight a day into dominica (Dom). Finally, out of the goodness of their hearts, they offer to put us up in san juan for the night – but the catch is that the next available seats on seaborne (Aa affiliate) to dominica are on 15 oct 2015 – understand, a week away and they want us to sit in sju waiting on the aa sponsored flight …… then they offer to let us sit in chicago! I was not happy. It was not our fault that the flight crew was so late getting us out of omaha……. We finally got new ticket vouchers for 15 oct on the same set of flights as originally set up by liberty travel (Good folks). Aa flew us back to omaha. Omaha – chicago – omaha in one morning – a new first…….. One small point, our luggage is now missing in action – aa has no idea where it is – they are hunting……. And the luggage cost me $50 for this mess….. I hope it enjoys the trip… later, when putting in a “claim” for our awol baggage, I find out from an aa employee that aa had no idea the crew was out of flying time and could not even find them in the morning? Had to have the hotel get them…. At least that was the story from the ground crew personnel we talked to about the flight. We grab a ride from the airport back home. I now have to get a vehicle out of storage so we have transportation for the next week. House needs to be partially un-mothballed so we can live here. Then, I had to get the phone and internet back, the water turned on and all the stuff one must undo to a house set up for a 6 month closure. Ok – aa, they screwed me good and I still do not have luggage for which they pay nothing if lost. I lost a week of vacation, a party tonight in dominica for a dear friend, cost back to the house, a day shot in the butt, lynn badly upset for a long period (And that is terrible on her health) , $50 for baggage fee, etc…….. We have flown aa twice in three years and have been abandoned by aa on both occasions – the last was in sju in the same kind of thing – their flight getting in late and missing connections….. And they didn’t give a good care!!! Update - - friday 9 oct - - aa found the baggage - in sju but it was just sitting there per the aa rep on the phone - no instructions to return it to omaha. She doubts aa can get to omaha by the time we depart on 15 oct - - super aa!!! Also, aa offered a $200 voucher for our "next" aa flight for our inconvenience - - I lost that much in just apartment rent in dominica due to aa..

American Airlinesaa hates their top tier passengers

I was called last night to see if I would give up my CONFIRMED 1st class seat on American Airlines flight 2332 because they were "oversold" I said I couldn't take a later flight because I had business appointments in Chicago. When I arrived at LBB (first segment was LBB to DFW) I was told I no longer had a seat on flight 2332. As 15 year executive platinum this has never happened. The REAL reason was they changed equipment to a smaller plane. Apparently they did not have EVERY seat filled on the original equipment so they inconvenienced the customers of a 787 to make a nickel. This happens frequently with AA. They LIE and bump even their most loyal customers. This merger had been a HUGE mistake. It has gotten horrible and if you complain, they do nothing. I have had it with them.

American Airlines (AA)deceitful

On 90715 my flight got delayed and finally after 6 hrs got cancelled till the next morning. Only that the connected flight in Dallas had a 5 hr hold over. Flight was to be out of Ft lauderdale to Dallas and final at Ontario California. Spoke to the ticket agent at AA and he tells me that Miami has a flight leave at 0710 the next morning and that its a straight flight to LAX. He said he would upgrade me to 1st class he would give me hotel, meals, and transportation voucher for the inconvenience. I got the transportation food and hotel squared away.

Now the day of the flight I'm at the ticket counter getting my boarding pass and checking in my luggage. Ticket agent try's to charge me again for my luggage that I had already paid for on the cancelled flight. After a few minutes she says ok and it's worked out. Now for the boarding pass, she hands me a regular sitting assignment not 1st class. I tell her that I was promised a 1st class and she tells me that he can't do that because I had purchased a coach pass. I tell her that not my problem I was promised a 1st class by the ticket agent. I told her that I changed my entire itinerary back home because I would be arriving a day late due to the cancellation and for the 1st pass. I could of gotten home sooner by changing my connection flight to a different state the same day of my cancellation, yeah I would of gotten home late but it would of been better then a regular flight the next day.

The ticket agent showed no courtesy or offered any kind of customer satisfaction. She was rude and could not be bothered by my dissatisfaction.

This is my second flight with AA that I get less then satisfactory service. The prior flight they lost my luggage and once it was found they returned it to my residence and inside my luggage I found broken items that were not replaceable.

I will never fly with AA again and will go to extremes to let my family's ly and friends know how poorly their customer service is.

I work for a large Union that supports its members nation wide. I will request Union wide alert of the way AA operates.

American Airlines / US Air — sold service and did not provide

On May 11, 2015, I was traveling on American Airlines' US Air division from Tennessee to Florida with a...

American Airlinesthey charged my brother's account for three times

My brother booked flight through the company www.americanairlines.com. He tried to paid, but the website showed error all the time, so he couldn’t finish the purchase. After that he checked the account and it turned out that they took money three times. No one warned him about it. The company stole money and didn’t send the confirmation info. Total fraud, so be careful if you buy from them.

American Airlinesthey lost my luggage and refused to provide compensation

The worst website. I booked flight through the company www.americanairlines.com. I was really disappointed in the services, because the flight was delayed without any reason. As well as they sent my luggage to wrong country. They promised to help to find it, but still no info about it. I already asked to provide any compensation, but the rep told me that they needed to think about it. Real ### and the worst company.

American Airlinesmileage deleted

As an owner of a travel agency, we have accrued many, many miles and in fact my husband was in the million mile club. For 2 years we did not travel and American Aadvantage zeroed out my account of over 100, 000 miles. Personally I will never use them again IF there is another option. It took me $100, 000+ in purchases to accrue these miles and ANY company that has the nerve to tell me that I can get my miles back if I pay $600 is one I don't think anyone should do business with. At least with United you can shop on their store online to keep your miles - but American requires you to only travel...

• Ro
                            ROSEBUGG73 Apr 29, 2015

American airlines is the worst mileage reward service out there
                            Just cause it is the most expensive airline
                            Doesn't mean it gives out more food or points or rewards

American Airlinesawful service

My main complaint about this trip is how many problems I had during the whole trip (including 1 cancellation, separate seating for a whole family, a 10 hour delay and losing my bags in my case plus the cancellation and losing our baby’s car seat for my wife and kids). I haven’t received any formal apologies from American Airlines and no contact of any type regarding the concentration of disruptions on this trip, including any type of compensation besides the formal process for lost baggage, which clearly had a negative impact for me because of not having receipts for some of my high value items (suit and other clothes brought on this trip because of the main reason to go to Chile: my sister’s wedding).
                          What I’m requesting at a minimum is a formal apology explaining what happened here and why American is not following up on cases like so severe where the passenger schedule is affected in this way and the cause of the issue is not something unavoidable such as weather. I’m also looking for some sort of compensation since this is by any standard too much to go unpunished.
                          Since so much happened in this trip that I want to highlight and complain about, I thought I would start with a summary of the flight information and what actually happened on each stage:
                          3 reservations: Myself, My wife and son, and my brother (the reason was that we all had one flight together and the rest was on different dates).
                          Passenger / Route
                          • Miguel Martinez (SEA-SCL-SEA) Cancelled flight, 10 hour delay and lost baggage
                          • My wife and kid (SEA-SCL-SEA) Cancelled flight and lost baggage
                          • My brother (SCL-SEA-SCL) Cancelled flight
                          The problems started for the flight SCL-DFW-SCL on March 22nd. We were all travelling together (3 adults and 2 kids with 7 bags). I got a call that morning saying my flight was delayed but that I should go to the airport (I live in SEA).
                          When I got the airport and the counter, an agent tells me that my flight is so delayed that we are missing our connection in Dallas and there’s no solution (just like that, not even a simple we are sorry). He was clearly an agent in training and the other agent didn’t provide any help up until an hour into the conversation. Again, no apologies whatsoever. I explained the phone call, the different reservations (where I took seats for all of us together) and he explains there’s no solution, just like that. After a 30 min explanation, I finally make him understand that all 3 reservations need to be moved together. I asked for them to cover the trip back home, they refuse and offer a hotel (what?). After another 45 min, I actually get a couple of vouchers for separate taxis to get back home (remember 2 kids, seven bags)
                          Next day, March 23rd I had to pay for transportation again and we were actually able to get on the plane. No problem. In Dallas I realized that all of seats for the DFW-SCL flight are separate, even though in my original reservations I had them all together. After getting a very rude response from the representative saying that it’s “not my problem” I explained what happened the day before a miraculously he was able to fix the issue. We get on the plane and we get to Chile. Awesome!
                          On my flight back I got confused. I actually admit this was my complete fault. My flight was booked for April 12th but I got confused thinking it was the 13th. I call the call center saying that I missed my flight (thinking it was Sunday instead of Saturday) and surprise. I get a response that nothing can be done and there’s no space on the following flights (April 13 and 14), even though I have in front of the screen of aa.com showing space on the flights that night and the day after (after getting on the flight the was a LOT of space). I was told that I had to pay $400 for the change, for which I agree since it’s my fault (see the funny thing/pattern here? I acknowledge is my fault while AA didn’t do anything on my original flight, but you know what, I want to go home). I show up on Monday April 14th and guess what. An original 6 hour delay becomes a 10 hour delay (no heads up or call this time) so I have to wait at the airport until 7AM.
                          Of course I lost my connection at DFW, so I have to wait for another flight and I get to SEA past 8PM. One more detail, even though my bags were at DFW (you have to go through customs), no sign of them in SEA. I go to the office, they tell me they’ll look for them and send them home later. Tired and mad, I said fine. Over the next 4 weeks I get 2 weekly automated calls telling me that my bags have not been found (3 weeks’ worth of clothes plus suits for sister’s wedding) to find out at the end that they lost them. Then on top of that I have to fill an endless form, with information that American already has (reservation codes, flights, times, airports) and a table with everything on the bags. First of all, who remembers everything on the bag, second no refunds for items over $150 including my $1, 500 suit. Outcome? I get a refund that is $1, 500 short, no accountability for AA.
                          Fast forward to April 29th. Now my wife and 2 kids (3 year old and 7 month old) are flying back from SCL-GRU-LAX. Everything great until guess what. American lost our baby carrier which is also our car seat. Same drill, we’ll look for it but they gave us a replacement. Of course, not even close to what we had before. The worst was that it didn’t match the base that we had, so basically during all of our LA trip and back in Seattle for 3 weeks, we couldn’t use the base which provides much more stability and safety to the car seat. Same timeline as before, they couldn’t find it, fill out the endless form with information American already has an we got a check for $150 that we used for another car seta an base bundle.
                          Add to all of this that American has not been able to provide the information of these flights to LAN so we can get our miles credit on our LAN frequent flyer accounts. What a Nice ending to the worst airline experience of our lives.
                          Not only was our experience as a family awful. I’m so surprised that American doesn’t have a system to deal with cases like these. A passenger should never go through this with a minimum of assistance and courtesy. I know that for a fact. LAN, airline part of One World will take care of you in such a different way. Same problems arise but respect and caring for the passenger is so much different. I can’t believe that LAN and other airlines members of One World allow American to do this and miss the minimum bar of service for so long.
                          I was surprised to find online that I’m not alone on this. I was overwhelmed by how many posts, videos and websites talk about bad experiences with American Airlines so I decided to start one of my own www.aafail.com I hope this shows how disappointed I am and how much I’m willing to invest to either drive American to be a little bit more courteous and caring or to keep as many flyers away from American as possible. A little bit of research would show that even though I don’t flight a lot myself, at least 10 yearly roundtrip flights come from my pocket for my family to visit us from Chile, with American being the most “convenient” connection. I’m aware I always try to book the cheapest rates and I’m not more than a scratch on the whole scheme of things but I’m making sure that on my radius of influence (I work for Microsoft and our team of 40 people flights more than often) will never fly American again until I get a satisfactory apology and answer from Customer Service. I started myself booking my next flights (to NY in October and to Chile in December) with a competitor (even outside the One World alliance) and I’ll do my best to keep doing that until I’m satisfied.

American Airlinesdiscrimination

I 'd like to tell you what happened to me today while flying with American Airlines. I'm a missionary in Mexico and once a year my family flies me and my 2 sons in to Dallas so that my parents can spend time with their grandchildren. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 18months infant. When my sisters purchased the tickets they purchased two tickets and one lap infant. Since this was an online purchase we had the information on our phones. When I arrived to the airport the lady at the counter greeted us with a non welcoming attitude. I went ahead and greeted her kindly hoping to soften or smooth the situation but she continued to be rude and told me I had to purchase a ticket for my infant. I told her I had the email/picture to show her. She said she saw in her system that on my flight from Mexico City to DFW I had been printed a ticket and I told her it was never given to me but that I had proof that a ticket was indeed purchased. She ignored me when I asked if there was someone else I could speak to that could help me (by this time both my boys were getting restless and frustrated because it was taking too long to get help and get our tickets). My sister finally convinced her to take a look at the email on her phone with the ticket confirmation number and she went on to start typing on her computer while speaking under her breath. Finally after maybe 20-25mins she handed my sister our passports and the tickets. My sister went back to the counter to ask if I could get assistance with our carry ons and the man she spoke to rudely told her that they were short staffed and did not offer those services. We've been told before to ask at the counter so that a family member can help put belongings in the boxes before going through TSA while holding 2 infants, however, in this occasion we were told that they did not have enough people and that there was nothing that could be done. My sister asked to speak to a manager but she was told there was not one in the building and that she'd have to call to complain. She started calling but I asked her to stop and that we should just spend time saying goodbye and to take a deep breath after having been treated so rudely. When it was time for me to go in, I had one child in a stroller and my other son next to me. I was trying to place our carry ons on the band, as well as our belongings, when an employee asked me to get my son out of the stroller. I asked him if there was someone available to help me because my son would run off if I took him down from the stroller and me running after him would have me leaving my other son unattended as well as my belongings. He laughed sarcastically and said, "No, you need to take your son out of the stroller and place it on the band. We don't offer that kind of service." I just bursted out crying at the rudeness and lack of help. I held my heavy son with one arm as I placed the rest of our stuff on the band and when I looked back my other son had ran off, passed the detectors with other people screaming at him to step back. A sweet and kind older lady from TSA must have felt sorry seeing me cry and trying to handle my kids so she helped me fold my stroller and get my belongings. She asked me for my ticket to see what gate we were directed to but seeing the chaos, I could not stop my tears from rolling down my face as I tried to get my belongings together and get my kids from running off. She then decided she would help me with our carry ons and walked me to my gate. She was truly an angel. I thought it was all over so I took a deep breath, wiped my tears and got to the gate ready to board. Once there, another employee rudely asked for my papers and went on to ask why I did not check in our carry ons, I went on to tell her they we're carry ons and more than anything my diaper and snack carry on. She went through our passports and said they were not valid because they didn't have my signature. I fly often and had never heard of such thing. At this point it just seemed like she was looking for any excuse to keep me off that flight. I asked where to sign and she rolled her eyes as she opened the page on the passport where I needed to sign. (Have in mind, I'm still trying to maintain my 2infants in peace and settled down.) She was extremely rude and lacked professionalism. I then walked towards the plane, hoping the unpleasant experience was over and that I would be able to sit with my kiddos and take a nap to forget how horrible our trip back home had been so far. I get to the plane door and asked someone for instructions of where I should leave my stroller. Before I could finish my sentence the flight attendant told me there was no more room for our carry ons or the stroller. I said, "Ok, but can you please direct me as to where I can leave my stroller?" By then my baby had ran inside he plane as I was telling my 3 year old to hold our carry ons so I could chase after the baby. They finally told me to leave the stroller and that they would tell someone to put in the plane. They seemed frustrated or annoyed the second they saw me with both my kids. One thing that saddens and upsets me is the eye-rolling, unprofessional behaviors and annoyances perceived by not one, but multiple employees of yours as soon as they saw me with my kids. That is wrong. You are happy to receive payment for a fully priced ticket for my 3 year old and the crazy expensive fees for my lap infant child, yet your service to mothers like myself is beyond horrible and discriminatory. I'm crying as I am writing this because I am saddened, hurt and disappointed. A mother deserves to fly and visit family with her children without being mistreated by employees with poor customer service skills. My family and I have flown with AA multiple times and this is just unacceptable. My children and I did not deserve this sort of poor treatment/service today.
                            This all did not end there. I arrived to my seats only to find out they were already being occupied. I asked the flight attendant what I should do because it was obvious my child could not sit away from me. The passenger sitting at the isle seat got upset and said he would not move and got irritated. We finally sat in our seats. The guy in the isle seat was annoyed with my infants moving and singing and decided to push the arm rest down. He hurt my arm so I asked him if it could stay up so that I could have better access in handling my children but he was upset and said no. As this was going on a flight attendant walked by and asked us to figure it out or that we would be kicked out of the plane. The passenger and I looked at each other and we settled it. He apologized and so did I, as he proceeded to tell me he had been having a horrible experience with AA since his arrival at the airport and I mentioned how my day was not going so well and out of nowhere the same flight attendant (lady that told me our passports were not valid) I had encountered earlier rudely asked me if everything was fine or if she was going to have to escort us out of our flight. The passenger next to me smiled and told her everything was fine and I did too. I believe there was no necessity for that sort of harassment. The guy and I were at peace. My kids were sitting and singing but not disrupting the peace or anything of that sort. Finally, we started to fly. I am guessing my boys were stressed from the long and horrible ordeal and my baby began to cry and scream. (He loves flying and was excited but I believe he became uneasy and afraid after the lady threatened to remove us from the plane.) He literally cried uncontrollably for 30mins and finally fell asleep crying in my arms. I dozed off for a couple of minutes but woke up soon after, having somewhat of an anxiety attack. I couldn't breathe and I just wanted to burst out crying because I was feeling beyond helpless with the entire experience I had gone through. I closed my eyes and said a prayer hoping to get home quick to my husband.
                            I am now at home and I still cry every time I think about my trip with American Airlines today. I am beyond disappointed. I received the worst service and felt like it was all because I am a mother traveling with 2 small children. If anything, a helpful hand should've been offered by your employees at the sight of a struggling mother/customer. I choose this airline always expecting quality customer service, but after today's experience I will reconsider my next trip with AA.

American Airlinescancelled flight - luggage

I had booked ticket as follows :Itinerary ( City / Flight no) : Hoston-Dallas( 2537)-Narita( 175 )- Busan by American Airlines
                              Ticket nos. : 001-[protected] and 001-[protected]
                              Date of Travel : 10-Dec-2013
                              Flight 2537 was cancelled. We had received call from AA reservation on 9th December and were booked on United Airlines flight no. 7 Houston to Narita. American airline representative who rebooked this flight confirmed to me that AA and United Airlines have same baggage policy ( 2 nos. check in luggage 50 lbs each). But when I checked in at Airport, to my surprise, I was informed that it is not so and United Airlines allows only one bag of 50 lbs. United airline charged me 200 USD for my wife and my son.
                              Receipt of this is attached herewith.
                              I went from IAH terminal E to terminal A to meet AA customer service. She advised me to call on [protected] and I did call couple of times but not received response about refund.When I asked to escalate this matter to supervisor, lady on phone simply hang off the line.American Airlines have refused to compensate for our loss.They refuse to pay us a single cent.It is American Airlines cheating and willfully providing wrong confirmation to passengers. Had I been confirmed correctly then I would not have choose not to travel by alternate flight. American Airlines did provide wrong information so that rescheduling of passengers is done fast and intentionally forgetting passenger inconvenience.
                              Please arrange to refund 200 USD from American to me urgently.I have experienced terrible inconvenience, loss of time due
                              to this and AA need to refund this money to me immediately. I would appreciate if your good selves will be able to help
                              us in this matter.
                              Divyesh Padshah
                              [protected]@gmail.com
                              mobile : [protected] ( Mobile )Land line : [protected]
                              Regards,

American Airlinescancelling flights

As posted on Facebook:

Share your Experience with American Airlines... This is mine and I will never fly American Airlines again!

I rate you 1 star out of 5 Stars! This is why:

My son is a Army soldier and has flown 3 times with American. All 3 times flights have been cancelled and he has been stranded or left to scrabble to find flights that would bring him close to his destination. The first was between basic and his tech school - October 2013... He arrived early in the morning for a 9 am flight and ended up sitting all day in the airport before being put in a hotel and flying out the next day. The next happened on December 19th, 2013 when he flew into Chicago and they cancelled his flight to Kalamazoo. Fortunately, he was able to fly into Grand Rapids but it required an additional 150 mile round trip drive by his family who had just driven 1100 miles in the last 48 hours to pick up his brother (who is also an Army Soldier from Fort Leonard Wood). Nothing like adding an additional 2 hours to your 10 hour drive that day. We literally drove in the driveway, emptied the car, and got back on the road to pick him up. And last... this morning (1-1-14)... arrive at the Kalamazoo Airport at 4:15 am to find out that they, AGAIN, cancelled his flight and pushed back his next flight till 5 pm that evening.

Let me just say that your track record is poor and I have no faith that American Airlines can or will provide services in a timely manner. We have received no apologies just excuses... Changing people's travel iteneraries puts extreme stress and chaos into the day. It requires additional time to compensate for these changes... especially when you have to change your whole day. American Airlines has made no attempt to make things right.

If you want stress-free travel, fly with someone else... The only guarantee American Airlines can give you is unexpected change and stress to your travel plans... All at the inconvenience and price of you with the convenience of American Airlines.

Paying premium gets you less...

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated. My family will never fly American Airlines again!

Thank you for confirming who and who I will not be doing my future business with!

American Airlinesrefund customer service

The customer service of American Airlines is terrible, but the service in Spanish is a nightmare for the Hispanic customers who needs or wants to communicate in their language.

Usually the agents are rude, rude and give false or distorted information, believing that the customer is not able to speak English.

Two years ago we pays a companion for my son who speaks very little Spanish on a vacation trip to Spain, in the Barajas airport, Madrid they left him alone and the boy
                                  was lost, but we finally found him after be scared to death.

We report this incident and they sent us a letter of apology and a voucher for $ 400 dollars for be use in the purchase of another ticket.

When I went to use it, the agent in Spanish refusal to give me his name, refused to give me information of which was the nearest office to use the voucher and we asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me that there were none and left me waiting in line . We decided to use another company to buy the tickets for our vacation.

This year, we made the mistake of buying 4 tickets to the destination to which we would go on vacation, unfortunately one of the group members (a minor) get sick; we send all the medical documentation to the company ; this ticket was not refundable..

To my surprise the Spanish agent who served me (Mary Carmen) with a very aggressive attitude informed me that they returned the ticket money only if the passenger died, something that is incredible IN ALL OTHERS AIRLINES, illness, hospitalization, etc. are considered when medical documentation is submitted. By insisting she change the version and said that maybe we were given a voucher valid for one year, I asked for a supervisor and she left me waiting for over 20 minutes, of course I could not talk to the supervisor.

The Department of "refund" does not have a phone that the client can communicate, by email you get no answer, either by letter, customer service does not give information in Spanish or in English and the fax number in the Website not work.

Conclusion if you can travel by another airline DO IT, American Airlines is NOT a professional company, is a disaster.

• Pa
                                      Patterson Family Apr 25, 2019

We paid for FOUR First Class Tickets we bought & Paid for back on 10/31/18.
                                      American Airlines cancelled flight due to mechanical problems, and made us miss connecting flights & kept us hostage in Miami for 26 hours.
                                      Giving us $385 x 4 tickets is NOT going to cut it!!!
                                      Went online to AA & saw for 6 months the average difference was $712.50, why did I get $385?
                                      Sent MANY letters & emails. All they want to do is give us vouchers that don't even equal a flight, NOPE.
                                      I want back what I paid for the AA could NOT deliver!

American CareersThis is crazy

I was searching for a job and came across American Careers to find airport job. I sent in $39.00 for money order and have never heard from them again. This is crazy and now I need a job at airport or my money order returned to me.