Having problems with Amana Brand?

Amana Brand reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review AC unit leaking freon. Inside unit was posted on Aug 10, 2021. The latest complaint terrible customer service was resolved on Oct 30, 2018. Amana Brand has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 45 reviews. Amana Brand has resolved 22 complaints.

Amana Brand Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 616 2664 (United States)
553 Benson Road
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Amana Brand Customer Service. Initial Amana Brand complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Amana Brand above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Amana Brand. Discuss the issues you have had with Amana Brand and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Amana Brand Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Amana NAV5800AWWarranty not honored!

I purchased a amana washing machine with a exstended warranty. Four and a half weeks ago i called matag dependability plus. The name is a joke. They told me my claim would be turned over to a local dealer for repair and that i would hear from them in a couple of days. A week went by and i called them back. They said they turned it over to az appliance, i called them. They told me they would call back with appointment. They didn't i called them. They finally sent someone out. He said they had to order parts. Another week went by. I called maytag dependable plus they told me they never received a work order. Az appliance told me they faxed one. I called the warranty company back. They disconnected me twice. When i did get them they told me they had no order. I called beach sales where i made the purchase. They called me back and told me the warranty company would call me. No call was ever received. I filed a claim with the mass. Attorney generals office. Several days later we got a call from the warranty company saying it would be two more days. They had to order the parts. Three days later i called their office and left two messages for them to call me. They have not returned my call. I called an independent dealer who informed me, it would cost $225.00 to repair the washing machine. We've been without the machine for going on five weeks. My wife has been going to the laundromat every week. I have no choice, but to spend the money and have the washer repaired. I intend to pursue this matter in court.

Amana / French Door RefrigeratorBad product and service

About five weeks after I bought my Amana refrigerator (Model AF12538AEQ), the refrigerator stopped working. I called the manufacturer's customer service line and was given an appointment with A&E Service Co... for two days later.

A very uncommunicative technician showed up and, after 10 minutes, brusquely told me the parts had to be ordered, and he would return a week later. Now, I am without a refrigerator for 9 days.

Today, no service person shows. The manufacturer says the service company claims I had no appointment. Also, they now tell me the parts are being sent via UPS to me but have no tracking number. Oh, by the way, one part is on back order and won't arrive until May 4.

Since that would leave me three weeks with no refrigerator, I point out that is unacceptable. Too bad, customer service, says, there is nothing they can do.

Bottom line: Don't buy Whirlpool, Amana or Maytag if you want to look forward to decent customer service. And, never use A&E for service.

• La
        Laura Anderson Sep 11, 2010

We had a KitchenAid Superba Dishwasher (1973) that was fantastic. It finally began to rust, so we replaced it with the same Superba and replaced the stove with a KitchenAid (also top of the line) in 1999. The repair bills have been unbelievable. The dishwasher computer boards have been replaced twice - one technician broke the housing for the screws that attach the door from the inside by using the drill that screws them in quickly automatically. The old stacking system was wonderful. I could stack a complete dinner for eight in the dishwasher. In this new one, I have to struggle to fit the dishes in. I have used the cleaning control on the stove twice and the ignition that lights the oven burned up. The repairman was surprised it lasted this long. Also, the grills that go over the gas jets are so high that a lot of the heat is disbursed into the kitchen between the gas jets and the bottom of the pot. We have no children - there are just two of us. I do a lot of hand washing because of the difficulty of stacking the dishwasher. If we still had a family to cook/wash for, I would probably have given up cooking.

• Ku
        Kuhn Jul 17, 2008

Hi Everyone,
        Frankly Kitchenaid along with A&E----SUCK!!!
        I have commercial grade kitchenaid appliances and I have had the same problem. To make a long story short-- After using my oven for only one year and cleaning two times it busted. I was blessed with the presence of an A&E representative. Of course they had to order the part for the repair. I was forced to go without an oven what turned into a six week ordeal leaving me without an oven during the winter months, with a family of six.. A&E claimed they had to order the parts.and when the man from A&E returned he found the wrong part was ordered yet installed it anyway. Needless to say that evening the oven broke again . When I complained to A&E they were rude and I was hung up on from customer service. I complained to Kitchenaid they were a little more compassionate but still not much help. After waiting out the six weeks where I was forced to dine out with my family many evenings I felt I deserved some compensation--however Kitchenaid did not agree. Deeply frustrated I decided to send letters to CT Attorney General and both companies CEO--I never heard from anyone at A&E. Kitchenaid had a representative contact me but all she gave me was an additional two years on my insurance policy--wow a whole $126 bucks--compared to $1000+ it cost me. A&E & KITCHENAID POOOOOOOOOOOR CUSTOMER SERVICE--they are a perfect example of you get what you paid for--oddly enough between my oven, dishwasher and microwave I spent $6000+, not small potatoes yet apparently not enough --should have gone with Wolf or one of the commercial appliance companies who not only give you quality but stand by their equipment!!! BUYER BEWARE WHIRLPOOL, KITCHENAID, MAYTAG, AMANA ARE ALL OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY SO WHAT YOU GET WITH ONE YOUR SURE TO GET WITH ANY OF THE OTHERS.

John F. Cassidy Jun 12, 2007

We have the exact same problem going on now. We have been without a frig for almost two weeks. Same story--sorry, we can't make it any faster since the part had to be ordered. There are people ahead of you. I will never, never, never, never buy an Amana product again and will make sure friends and family do not either!!!

Amana Convection RangeDefective range

I purchased an Amana convection range in February 2005. This is one of their more expensive models. The clock and main heating element for the oven shorted out. The repair man said we're lucky it didn't start a fire. I contacted Amana and they said it was out of warranty and they would do nothing for me. I think a range that is not even 2 years old should be covered for replacement of the replacement items at no charge. The repairman said it would be over $500.00 to fix and recommended purchasing a new range instead. If I have to go to that extreme, it will not be an Amana.

• Vi
          vicki May 01, 2009

If you have an Amana range that allows heat to escape from the ranges/ovens when used in their intended manner and is causing irreparable damage to other components or the ranges/oven, including but not limited to, the units’ control board. This problem can discolor the units, diminishing their value and compromises the ability of the ranges/ovens to perform in their intended manner.

If so, this on going problem poses a significant safety risk to their users and property. I know many of you are frustrated and many of you have complained to Amana and have been told that, “There have been no complaints or that the problem does not exist”. Well they won’t be able to say that any more if the thousands of us come together as one and voice our concerns and complaints.

If you would like to be heard and possibly have your range replaced or fixed please send me an email of your existing problem along with your units’ serial number and model number and together we will be heard. [email protected]

Amana StoveFactory defects

I purchased Amana stove model AGR5735QDS from Sears in November, 2003. It is a self-cleaning model. I cleaned it one time after I had the stove about a year (I don't use the oven very often). The second time I tried the self-cleaning option it didn't work - June, 2006. I called a local authorized service repair center who told me the unit needed a new circuit board - the price would be about $350.00 which turns out to be 30-40% of the cost of the stove.

I know it is past warranty but I thought that only working one time was not acceptable and it sounded to me like a factory defect; under normal circumstances I would not ask for help but I believe this is way above and beyond normal wear and tear.

I contacted the Amana consumer helpline and the response was boiler plate - I got nothing from them. Of course, I would like Amana to replace the circuit board free of charge to me but I am open to sharing the cost but I was never offered any option.

I would like to know from you if I have any chance of pursuing this further.

Thank you. Phyllis

• Ro
            Robert Lottman Oct 29, 2008

I have an Amana that I thought would be a good unit. I have used the oven less than 3 times a month and the glow element does not work and has not worked in years. This electric crap is for the birds bring back the pilot light at least the oven works in my camper and it's not an Amana

• De
            Debbie Sep 01, 2008

I purchased an Amana stove in 1991. Almost immediately, I dropped a can on the top and chipped the paint. My fault.
            The endcaps, which started out white, turned yellow. There is no way to get them white again. Amana did offer to sell me new endcaps, but I would have preferred that they hadn't yellowed in the first place. The drip pans that came with the stove were a pale gray. Looked nice when new, but it didn't take long for them to look bad. Amana sent me new black drip pans. I boiled water on the large back burner, and shorted out the control panel. When I called Amana, they told me I wasn't supposed to boil water on the back burner. Thank goodness I had the presence of mind to ask, "Exactly where in the owner's manual does it say that?" They had to agree that there was no such warning in the manual, and they paid for the repair. Now, we're remodeling our kitchen, and I'm unable to buy new endcaps. So far, I've been able to buy 3 of the 4 new control knobs. The writing/print has worn off all four, and I can't read them. I decided to buy a new stovetop (the piece that the burners go in) because ours looks terrible. I'm having trouble, but will continue to look for one. All in all, what I thought was a quality appliance turned out to be a piece of garbage, and I will never buy another Amana product again.

Amana Bottom FreezerAmana bottom freezer nightmare

I have an Amana Bottom Freezer Single door refrigerator. Twice the fridge has stopped cooling and freezing. It makes a funny noise and then I notice my freezer items are softening. I've lost 2 full loads of food, I've had my family of 4 eating out for 2 weeks while waiting for "service". They screwed up the first repair because the tech was trying to help. He didn't want to replace the compressor because he said the replacement will only be warranted for a year. The company claims that is incorrect and now they are sending someone out to replace it. Reading through what I am now seeing online, I don't feel confident that it will stay fixed. The customer lack of service department is horrific. All I get is customer service people who don't give a rats ### and are rude. They try very hard not to put you through to a supervisor or manager and when they say they will, they cut you off. They told us the part was in, scheduled a call and then cancelled it without telling us. When we called they told us that the parts really weren't in and we have to wait another 4 days. That was the stray and so after an hour and a half on the phone my husband finally got through to a "Solutions Manager" - she's sending us $75.00 and moved our appointment up a whole day. She also fixed the call tag so that they show up with parts. Big freaking deal - this fridge was $1100 and is only 2 1/2 years old. This company should be ashamed - Do you know that they own Whirlpool and Jennair also? Had issues with a Whirlpool washer and a Maytag dishwasher too. Both of those went while still under 1 year warranty but how sure do I feel about them lasting. BUY NOTHING PUT OUT BY MAYTAG/AMANA/WHIRLPOOL AND JENN-AIR.

The saga continues - the part is on backorder and the best we will do is a repair 15 days after calling it in.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Mar 07, 2019

Dear tomsa:
              Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Range concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [email protected], with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review. We look forward to your reply.
              Thank you.
              Maytag® Social Care

• To
              tomsa Jan 23, 2019

after i purchased in the 5 month Amana Stove from Home depot, "tempurglass"start melting i contact with Maytag they send some oen at my home, technician he told me my 1 year factory warranty is not cover "tempurglass", , ref # S0404, , , SKU ;[protected]