Alside Windowswindow seal failure warranty not honored

J Oct 09, 2018

My contractor installed 13 Alside windows in my new addition. I wanted to use American Craftsman windows from Home Depot that I had in the rest of the house and who I knew (from experience) would honor the warranty. The contractor told me the Alside windows had a lifetime warranty and I confirmed this with the multiple warranties I found on the Alside site. I experienced a sever failure in a lower sash and was told I would have to pay $95 (75% of the cost) because it is prorated after 5 years. Yet I can find no warranty on their site that shows anything but 100% lifetime for seal failure. Buyer beware dealing with Alside, consider going with a reputable company.