Menu
Allstate Insurance
reviews & complaints

Allstate Insurance
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

377 complaints
82 resolved 295 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Allstate Insurance customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Allstate Insurance. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:52 pm EDT

Allstate Insurance - claim # 000618925051d01

we repaired this truck with you having us use a used rear axle asm.invoice from salavage yard said we have to replace all gaskets, seals and fluid. invoice attached, garritt smith said he would not pay for it, customer would have to. he was hit in the rear so he is not going to pay for it and iam not going to release truck till paid for, see what can be done to get this paid

J
3:22 am EDT

Allstate Insurance - Julio Belmonte Miami, FL

If you want a crook and someone who will lie to you than Julio Belmonte is your agent. This guy will promise you the world and will get you quote multiple times until the prices works for you. Yeah right! This guy told me to use an address in Naples, FL who's I don't know. I live in Medley! But he promised me a cheaper price. Than the bill came and looks like Allstate corrected the information. Yet he blamed them for the price increase and kept promising to lower my rate. He told me to use an address in Clewiston, FL. I told him I don't want to get in trouble. He insisted that this is normal. Until the bill came again higher. I agreed to it finally with a different address. That's when everything got worse. I had an accident and Allstate did not want to pay because that was not my address. I told them Julio said it was fine to use his friend's address in Clewiston. Now I have no car and no insurance. Stay away from this liar and crook. Don't know how Allstate still has him as an agent. I want my money back.

R
2:27 pm EDT

Allstate Insurance - auto insurance

On February 11, 2021, My son Caleb was involved in an accident where another driver pulled out in front of him. It was not his fault. Caleb has full coverage with Allstate without rental coverage.
Caleb is somewhat autistic, so I have been involved trying to get his car repaired.
I had an initial estimate made at the local dealer that came to almost $3800. Allstate came back with $637.
After several attempts to get an adjuster to at least look at the car, I was told to bring the car in for an adjuster to come out and look at it. That was over two weeks ago.
The car is still tied up at the dealer, Caleb has no car, Allstate has not sent an adjuster, I'm about to lose my cool!

Desired outcome: I want the car repaired, like yesterday!

R
10:47 am EDT

Allstate Insurance - Agency Josh house Ins Group

Good morning

where can I start we I filed a claim with this Agency for some water damage on my roof to my surprise I was told my Deduction was 5600.00 which I don't
remember sign it but fine then I found a contractor to fix my roof and send the paperwork to the Agency and it was still deny. I don't know how or why your company hire Nathan that the person I have been dealing with but he is rude shady person I do not want to take this to the next level and file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas . I have always kept with my payment and been with your company for a long time and this is how I get treated . I'm give you the opportunity to make this right.
Angie Autry
Policy Number [protected]

Desired outcome: for Claim to be paid the first one is for the inside and the other one outside

G
5:37 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son was hit by an all state driver who ran a stop sign. His car was totaled. The driver admitted to running the stop sign. The police officer assigned their driver full responsibility for causing the accident. Nevertheless, all state, by their own determination, concluded that my son was responsible for 10% of the accident. It is worth noting that...

K
8:48 pm EDT

Allstate Insurance - Claim for Winter Storm of 2-21 in Houston, TX

The winter storm hit mid February of 2021. My Mother's entire floor was flooded, her walls had immense water damage, her ceilings collapsed. We have video footage, several upon several photos & her entire piping system had holes from where they busted. She has been a member for well over 30 years & has only used Allstate once to help with her roof during a different storm system that destroyed it. She has paid over $50, 000 over the years & the one time she needs to use what she has paid into she gets $5, 000. Its absolutely ridiculous. She will be canceling Allstate & we will be sure we notify friends & family of how she was dealt with. The customer service is beyond terrible. We have called multiple times & no one picks up. Then the Adjuster leaves & goes back to Florida & then we get a new extremely rude one in his place who yelled at me multiple times & made my Mother hang up she was so upset. After such a disaster customer service should be priority & it clearly is anything but. We keep getting push backed that we need additional this that and the other. She had furniture ruined, solid wood expensive furniture that we have yet to receive compensation on as well. Something must be done. This is not how you operate a business; take peoples money for nothing inn return but an empty promise.

Desired outcome: The rest of what is due to the contractor, $10,000.00

1 comment
B
May 19, 2021 4:24 pm EDT

they are hideous with their payouts they never pay what they should but want to charge you the customer

10:35 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I didn't Sign Up for AllState Car Insurance on my Fitbit Sense, so get off of my Fitbit Sense! I did not even Accept/Confirm/Give Authorization for your Company to Install their Car Insurance Protection onto my Owned "Fitbit Sense Smart-Watch"! So, I had Logically sensed that your Fitbit 2 Year Protection was A "Impersonated Phishing Scam"! I had Logged...

Allstate Insurance - Agent Stan Martz

Very aggressive in his ton with my husband told him he didn't believe what he was saying an refused to listen to his concern. His secretary was rude as well an hung up on my husband . Stan told my husband that he wasn't his agent, he is his name is on all of our information an our cards ! Now we just received an email that just told us that we are no longer with his agency, he had been our agent since 2005! He also informed my husband that he doesn't make any money on us... ! He needs to be spoke to about his behavior, if I haven't forgot but WE ARE THE CLIENTS an for him to treat my husband like this for zero reason. over a question !

Desired outcome: Spoke to an a write up fir him an his secretary

12:13 pm EDT
Allstate Insurance has left an official reply on this complaint.

Allstate Insurance - Doubling my rate, unresponsive agent.

I was Allstate ratified costumer with homeowners and vehicle insurance for more than 18 years, starting with Hafedh Fargani agency and when this agent closed my policy was transferred twice other Allstate agencies, my problem is my rate increased more than % 150 without any reason, in several occasions over the last few moths I tried addressing this issue with the new agent without any success.
Sometimes I manage to get hold of them sometimes not and when I did I was told there's nothing he can do for me and should not complain because I have a (good deal)

Desired outcome: transfer my policy to a more professional Agent , lower my rate , inflation rate increase or adjustments are acceptable.

L
8:35 am EST

Allstate Insurance - Insurance policy

For 3 years I had been a aaa customer, unfortunately, in order to save a few bucks a month, I made the terrible decision to change my insurance company (bad mistake). While aaa was not cheap, but at least they had always treat me right, never had to wait too long on calls, always had everything resolved fast.
But these allstate guys... What a piece of work.
First: they told me that switching companies automatically my aaa insurance would be canceled. Lies, I got charged $55 for them than $88 for aaa.
Second: they assumed better just debit my premium in full (never asked for that, and I clearly asked for monthly payments), so I woke up suddenly -$250 in my bank account, not counting overdraft fees.

After call them and spend nearly 2 hours on phone, they ask me to send a proof that I was debited that amount, which I provided. But I had no return from them, no money back in my account, and some dirty overdraft fees.
Thanks allstate

W
6:53 pm EST

Allstate Insurance - Auto claim

My car was hit by there client who didn't have proof of insurance.My insurance reached out to them and got a claim established with them .. and got a claim number from them I called and processed the claim and got my car to the repair shop .A week later Allstate said the new guy should not have authorized the repair and rental car and now my insurance has to take over The accident was not my fault Allstate is screwing me
It should be against the law to do this

Desired outcome: Allstate honoring there comitment

8:56 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My father was diagnosed with cancer last fall so I had to leave town on short notice. During the COVID crisis, we were not able to get the treatments and surgery until October of this year. I am back at home, but while I was away, they inspected my property and determined that they would cancel my insurance because there were weeds in my yard and needles on...

C
9:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Back in October 2020 I sent an email requesting a letter stating last annuity payment. I was asked via email to submit in writing which I did. I also faxed the information. In January I enquired about the letter and was told it was sent to a previous address and I should request it be sent to present address. I complied. I have made attempts weekly. On...

6:57 pm EST

Allstate Insurance - Our initial desk adjuster

We were provided a desk adjuster, "Sean" Demarius Melton, after hurricane Laura (August 27, 2020). He has continued to deny coverage that should have been approved (ie, full roof replacement and water mitigation), per his manager and our new desk adjuster. Despite being provided with ample evidence, he continued to deny us what we needed to get our house back to it's pre-storm condition. He also assured me that his supervisor was in agreement with him,
which was not true and I was told by his supervisor Sean had contacted our contractor, which was also not the case. This went on for over 4 months, until our agent helped us get a new adjuster.

Desired outcome: At the very least I believe he needs retraining or a position change. He shouldn't be allowed to put any other family through the stress he has caused us.

J
9:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The date of my accident was 01/01/21. I am now writing this on 2/3/21, allstate has had some of the worst customer care I have seen, they are sure nice when you call. However, the actual service has caused me actual anxiety. Cars are necessary in these times, I was able to obtain a 30-day rental car which was lovely. Everything was going well until about...

5:15 pm EST

Allstate Insurance - Insurance claim dispute

To whom it may concern,

Recently my daughter was in an accident and did not sustain any injuries. I selected the repair program from your company and had my vehicle towed. After inspection of the vehicle, it was deemed a total loss. I have reviewed the CCC report, which had mistakes. The vehicles used for comparable are nowhere near where we live, but one was in the same state. Also, while reviewing every condition category was listed as an average private condition. I personally take care of the vehicle, and most of the ratings should be above average. I attempted to discuss with the claim rep that was unwilling to meet at the vehicle to show me how the vehicle falls into the average private category.

I have since hired a local appraisal company that has valued my vehicle at $8, 800.00. This is twice the amount of what Allstate has offered. I asked for a supervisor, and Alex would not let me talk to one. I have provided a copy of the appraisal to Alex.

I would request that a more appropriate valuation be conducted to settle the claim.

Claim [protected]
D.O.L 12-14-2020
Claim Rep: Alex Matalobus, phone number [protected]

Desired outcome: Total loss settlement of $8,800.00

D
1:28 pm EST

Allstate Insurance - Payment on a claim

I was involved in a traffic accident with a person who has Allstate Insurance. This happened on Jan 5 2021. Claim # [protected]. He ran a red light, I had a green left turn arrow. The driver was issued a citation by the Colorado State Patrol at the scene of the accident for going through a red light. The driver admitted fault to me several times at the scene. I have been told by three different representatives at Allstate that they will only pay 85% of what it takes to repair my car because I should have been able to avoid the collision. As a defensive driver I always look before I go through a green, but eventually you have to look in the direction you are pointing your car when making a left turn. As I was making the left turn, the driver ran the red from my right. I cannot look both ways at the same time.

Desired outcome: Pay 100% of what it takes to repair my car

12:04 pm EST
Allstate Insurance has left an official reply on this complaint.

Allstate Insurance - On All state not paying when their client was responsible for the weck.

My son was hit by a vehicle in the back while he was stopped because the man in front of him has stopped for a funeral going by and car comes behind my son going 65 miles and hit my son in the rear and the another man hit that guy in the rear. Both had insurance with All State which my son has with another insurance company. We was told that the man who hit my son insurance would pay and they sent a check and everything was in order for my son vehicle to get fix was waiting on a part and a rental vehicle for him when All state sent him a letter saying that block the check and took the rental car money out of his checking account. The lady from All state that we talk to to get it set up she even talk to the repair guy and agree is saying now she did not set anything up and that she only talk to me for to get me to another person who was a man and I never talk to. They have tried to denied any help for us to get my son truck fixed. Also i don't understand why if these guys has insurance in a State why do we have to talk to other agents in far states from us. We are giving them a little more time but next week we will be filing judgements against All State and the guy who hit my son with our lawyers. If you have all state insurance please be careful they want pay and you will have trouble with them. i was warned about them before and didn't really believe this people but now i see what people is talking about. If they don't want to see us in court they will pay to get my son truck fix because going to court will be far more money they have to put out then just fixing my son truck. I am very upset that we have people in our Country scamming people and don't want to help . The wreck happened [protected] . i will not give the claim number on here with everyone seeing it

D
10:00 am EST

Allstate Insurance - Auto Claim

I don't feel like I am in good hands I put an auto claim in over three weeks ago but I haven't found my truck my agent is on vacation till the 11th I have no problem with my agent but I shouldn't have to wait till the 11th there's no one else that can help me resolve this I called several times probably 10 times no one returned my call my name is Darryl Dixon [protected]

1:34 pm EST

Allstate Insurance - renters insurance policy

Aaron Royal here I've been with All-State for around two going on three yes. Now, and now I'm switching companies because of this incident. I am owed $ 37.00 dollars back from an over payment document on January 4th . I paid $ 138.61 for December 2020 & January 2021 because for some reason the dates keep changing for the automatic payments. But I was ok with it until the 138 was withdrawan from my bank account. I should have only paid $100.28 please get this calculated correctly. The October bill has been settled i have bank statements to prove.
I'm owed$ 37.72 dollars.

Desired outcome: monies put back into my bank account

Allstate Insurance contacts