Having problems with Allegiant Air?

+1 702 505 8888 (Customer Care)
+1 702 430 3283​ (Teletypewriter​)
+1 702 719 8111​ (Weather Advisories​)
8360 S Durango Dr
Las Vegas, Nevada

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allegiant Air.

Complaints & Reviews

Allegiant Airvery difficult to work with

I am setting-up a bachelorette weekend with some friends in Las Vegas and as the maid-of-honor I booked the hotel room. I booked my flight and hotel together through Allegiant. The one flight that Allegiant offers does not get into Las Vegas until 9:55 PM. My friends are all getting in earlier than me and would like to check-in ahead of time. I have called Allegiant 3 times and waited for over an hour each time to speak to someone. I have been told each time that they cannot add a name to the hotel reservation (well they could if my friend was flying on Allegiant) and that it is the Luxor Hotel's problem. I have spoken with a manager at the Luxor and was told that Allegiant cn (and will add a name) and that it is very simple to do. All that needs to be done is Allegiant needs to fax a paper with my confirmation number and the name I want to add to the reservation. That's it! They will not do it! I am very frustrated!

Allegiant Airlineshorrible service

While the initial cost appears to be low, Allegiant Airlines adds all sorts of fees that raise the cost. A fee to pick a seat, a fee for your carry-on, a fee to check in early, an then mystery fees. Please consider all the fees before booking with these people. Then, they cancelled my return flight. Although neither end had bad weather, they blamed the cancellation on weather and said we were on our own for a hotel for the night. It was 2 more days before I finely got home. I had to take the bus. Allegiant Airlines is off my list permanently.

Allegiant Airlineschanging a reservation

In October I made reservations with Allegiant Airlines for my wife and myself to visit our son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters in Punta Gorda, Fla. Fortunately, I paid the extra fee, $23 per person, to be allowed to change our reservations should the need arise. Well, the need arose as we discovered just a few weeks later that my wife had advanced-stage ovarian cancer. As he has to get chemo each Monday in Toledo, Ohio, we cannot fly to Punta Gorda Dec . 9 as we had originally planned. The problem...it is impossible to speak to a "real" Allegiant person (short of driving to the airport) to change the reservation. I have spent hours on the phone, going through the prompts and listening to annoying music and promotions but have yet to speak to an agent to change our reservation. Yes, hours!! I can't believe how a company like this can stay in business.

Allegiant Airlinecarry on luggage

Flew from Clearwater/St. Pete FL to Huntington WV on 1 Nov 13 with a carry-on and an electronics/laptop bag and experienced no problems; especially since both bags met the dimensions and weight requirements as specified on the Allegiant website and also included in the ticketing information. On 15 Nov 13 my return trip from TRi-State Airport in Huntington WV, I had the same carry-on luggage minus some clothing and shoes that I mailed home. Upon reaching the departure gate I was told by the person taking the boarding passes that my carry-on was over-sized and would not fit in the overhead bin and my electronics/laptop bag would not fit under the seat. I explained these are the same two items that I traveled with on 1 Nov 13 and they did actually fit. My explanation fell on deaf ears and the security guard was called over. I had initially paid $20 for this bag as a carry-on and I was bullied into paying and additional $50 in order to make my return trip to FL. What was really disturbing was other passengers had carry-on luggage larger than mine and were allowed to board the flight without incident. The other passengers were Caucasian and I was one of two Black passengers.

Allegiant Air — damaged luggage

Very dissatisfied with this airline. To begin with when I booked the flight for my daughter, and I expect to...

Port Coquitlam

Allegiant Airlines — cancellation policy

I purchased a non-refundable ticket that I had to cancel out of two days prior. I understood that I would get...

Allegiant Airlinesbullying attendant

Subject: Please respond to this letter.This a copy of the one sent in November.

Las Vegas, NV 89113
          11/10/2012

Itinerary # E393530

To whom it may concern;

On 11/03/2012 I was traveling on Flight #F217 with Allegiant Airlines from Mesa AZ to Bellingham, WA transporting a small dog to a client. The dog, a champion show Pekingese, was inside an airline approved crate, which I took as a carry on. I am not unfamiliar with this process as I have performed this task many times before. However, on this trip, I found myself treated as if I were a threat to the safety of every man, woman and child on board; and this treatment was directed at me by an employee of Allegiant Airlines.

We were already in the air when the dog began to pant excessively. This animal has traveled before and does not normally exhibit this type of behavior. It appeared on first impressions he had become extremely warm. I simply unzipped the crate just wide enough to provide the animal with a small ice cubes to allow for some hydration and cooling. This appeared to suffice. One of the flight attendants stopped and informed me that I had to keep the crate fully contained. About an hour later, the dog once again exhibited the same signs. At this point, I attempted to pour a small amount of water into the animals water bowl, and once again the same flight attendant cautioned me about the rules regarding ensuring animals are kept contained. I informed her that I understood, but was simply providing the animal with a small amount of water so as to keep him from suffering and becoming an in-flight problem. At no point was the crate unzipped any more than was necessary for me to use my fingertips to give the dog a drink of water; the animal was never in danger of leaving his crate.

All of this, though bad enough, could have been tolerable and overlooked had not additional and unacceptable action been perpetuated by another of your employees. I had the crate opened just enough to put my hand inside. The dog some how got entangled with a strap buckle.

A male flight attendant came to my seat, and in a substantially loud voice, ordered me to close the crate. I tried to inform him that I had discovered that the dog was now caught in a belt within the crate and I was simply trying to free him from a potentially dangerous condition. He appeared to ignore my response and elected to raise his voice further, repeating his demands. I reiterated that I would do exactly that as soon as I freed the dog, and asked if he could please stop yelling at me because yelling was not helping the situation. At this point he lowered his voice to a point that some would call 'under his breath'; I could only make out something about 'speaking to the captain'. When he returned he ordered me to "push the dogs head back into the crate and close it!" And again I informed him that I would do exactly that as soon as I freed the animal from his entanglement. At this point the same attendant, in a sufficiently loud enough voice for most people on the airplane to hear, asked if I was aware that "We can have this plane turned around and have you taken off in shackles!" Needless to say, I was shocked, embarrassed, and humiliated. To add insult to injury, another passenger, apparently concerned about returning to Mesa, AZ, leaned forward and told me to "Just do as he says so we can get on with our trip!" I had not only been humiliated and chastised by your employee, but passengers were now turning on me out of fear of this flight attendants threats.

It was at this time that the flight attendant was called to see the captain. When he came back he rudely told me to bring the dog to the galley(?) he ordered me to give him the dog and crate. One of the other attendants asked him what the captain told him. He replied, albeit softly, that he was to "to help free the dog" After approximately 10-15 minutes of working to free the dog from his constraints, he returned the crate and animal back to me, upon which we proceeded back to our seats to finish out our trip without further incident; once freed the animal was complacent and required no further intervention. I, however, was very distraught about the whole incident and wanted nothing more than to get off that airplane and away from that attendant.

My time in Washington, after delivery of the dog to its owner, was supposed to be spent visiting my children and grandchildren, nieces, nephews, grand nieces and grand nephews. Unfortunately much of that time was cut short due to my being so stressed that I did not have the strength to travel and took ill as well. This horrible event affected me for days beyond the actual incident.

I feel as if this flight attendant was trying to exert his dominance over the passengers (and perhaps the rest of the flight attendant crew) and used me as his venue. I know dogs are to be kept in their crate at all times, I informed the attendant that I knew that dogs were to remain in his crate at all times. And except when the attendant took the dog out to help free him, the animal was never out of his kennel. No one was in danger from this dog!

Instead of a simple exchange of information or being offered assistance, I was singled out and publicly humiliated. At nearly 75 years of age, I am not accustomed to such verbal abuses; perhaps this is now the expected and accepted behavior of today's airlines. It certainly is not mine.

The same crew was on board on my return trip. I believe the male's name was Jamie(?) and one of the lady attendants was "Debie". I am sure you will know who there were. The ladies were nice enough and not demanding like "Jamie"

I will end this by exhibiting a courtesy not provided to me; Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and allowing me the opportunity to be heard. I don't really expect anything to come of this information, my loss as a customer is of little consequence to Allegiant Airlines and its fiscal health, and the flight attendant will likely continue to perform in a similar manner without concern for customer service. But at least I have made the attempt to inform someone of the circumstances and conditions that this one passenger experienced. It is now up to Allegiant to choose to act, or not.

Respectfully,

Nancy A Neuhoff

nw.[protected]@gmail.com

Allegiant Airusing credit card without permission

Dear Allegiant Air:

I have now called the Allegiant phone number 14 times in the last 4 days and 12 of the times the call wouldnt go thru (I realize this is the busiest time of year but its still very frustrating) and twice I got thru but had the worst customer service I have ever received from both the women. I ask one lady why she was being so unnecessarily rude and she hung up on me!! After I had waited 15min on the line!! I am a very nice person and try to avoid conflict but I am extremely upset and disappointed. The reason that I am trying to get a hold of someone in the first place is because there were charges made to my cc that I didnt authorize the charges??? After briefly speaking to someone I learned that the charges were made by the person that I booked the flight for Shawn Tan and she charged over weight baggage to my card. I never authorized her to use my card and I believe that it isnt allowed to charge anything to my card that I did not authorize. Especially since the name of the traveller is different then the name on the cc. I would appreciate at the very least to have a credit made for me after I have had such an extremely difficult experience with the company and if not that then the charges reversed on my cc. Im very upset with the way that I have been treated by Allegiant Air customer service and the fact that I had charges made to my card that were not authorized by myself the card holder.

Thank you for your time and concern into my matter.

Allegiant Air Packagesscam trap

Allegiant Air package vacations are a total deceptive way on making you believe the savings you are going to get when you combine Flight, Hotel, and Entertainment. Here is a list of what can go wrong when booking the package through Allegiant:
              1. Purchased two rooms with king beds. These rooms were not available.
              2. My Canyon tour booking did not depart from Red Rock where I was staying, but at another Casino 20 miles away. Had to be at this other Casino at 5:00AM
              Red Resort has no shuttle service at that early time.
              3. Allegiant doesn't inform you there would be a 50.00 daily resort fee.
              4. My concert show was also at another Casino. If I wanted to make the show, Red Rock shuttle service would only take me at a Mall, and I would need to take a bus to get to the show. But, since the show was scheduled late in the Evening, my bus-shuttle service would not be available.
              I decided to contact Allegiant to explain these concerns, but here is where the Night mare begins. Had to wait 20 minutes before I could speak with an agent. I was never before so poorly treated as I was with this Allegiant representative. She was so disrespectful to me. All I heard was there is no refund on anything. She showed no respect or concern to my disappointment of their services. I was treated very rudely. Towards the end of our one-sided conversation, I asked her what her name was.i asked her repeat her name. She said I already gave you my name and hung up on me.Iwas so distraught at their unprofessional way of the way they treated me, after providing them with 1800.00 for trip expenses. Just be warned of the way you will be treated when booking a vacation package through Allegiant Airlines. You will be treated like you are a nobody. Jim

Allegiant Airlines — baggage

I will never fly on Allegiant Airlines again I flew out from Oakland Airport to Bellingham Washington on...

Allegiant Airhorrible staffing

this was the message I gave to their complaint department.

I am a military reservist who flys ALOT, and I was on flight 564 returning from Las Vegas when about 15 minutes into the flight one of the attendants whos name I came to find out was MIMI, sat right behinf me for 1 hour to an 1 1/2 hours. She was extrememly obnoxius and immature and unprofessional. Of all the flights I have taken, I have never seen such unprofessionalism. Again, she was very loud sitting with the passenger for the majority of the flight and I am not exaggerating. I am letting you know because attendents are there to not make the flight miserable for those who pay $500.00 for a round trip to Vegas which isnt bad, but at least having decent attendents would be expected from the managers from Allegiant. I hope this finds someone who can help correct this so that there can be more assurance for the passengers that decent professionalism will be given to pasengers.

• Js
                    jsca Aug 02, 2013

Wow, that's awful! I was actually on that same flight and I had no idea that happened. :( I'm sorry for your experience.

Allegiant AirI am very disappointed in your service

I am a diabetic and have to monitor my blood sugar and insulin levels frequently. While on flight 101 from Cedar Rapids to Phoenix Arizona on June 29th I was feeling a little low on sugar so I got my testing kit out and was about the test my sugar level while a male flight attendant told me that I could not do that on the flight!!! This could have been a very serious situation and I feel that according to the Americans with disability act I have every right to test my blood sugar when the need arises. He was also very rude to me about it. I had a lancet disposal bag in the kit so there was no disposal on the plane in any event. Further the ticket agent was the allegiant counter in cedar rapids was quite rude to quite a few people. I am very disappointed in your service.

• Em
                      EmmaRebekah Jul 24, 2012

On Monday, July 23 2012, I showed up to the Oakland Airport forty minutes before my flight with Allegiant Air was supposed to depart. Granted I was late, but what I didn't expect was to have the girl at the counter refuse to print my ticket. Apparently they created an arbitrary rule that if a customer does not show up 45 minutes before departure, they will refuse to print the ticket, and that customer will not be able to get a refund, or even credit toward another ticket. I have already called their customer service and argued with some poor girl over the phone, but was not able to make any inroads.

I'm looking to find individuals who were also ripped off to join with me in filing a class action suit. Please see the facebook page I created for more details: http://www.facebook.com/AllegiantAirClassActionSuit

Allegiant Airlines — stealing money

Just this last Friday (June 15th, 2012) my 15 year old daughter was supposed to fly out of Kalispell Montana...

Allegiant Airlinesterrible when you need help

This was the first time I had used Allegiant air and we drove to a town 2 hours away from our house to use them. We flew from Toledo to St. Petersburg on Wednesday and was coming back on Saturday. It was three of us and we paid $183.00 per ticket roundtrip. The day we were scheduled to come back as we were packing up to leave my mother suffered some sort of attack and could not breathe. We had to call 911 to the hotel and she was rushed to the hospital. After finding out that she was going to be okay, I begin to call Allegiant Air to try to figure out how to get home. The first call after being on hold for 9 mins after they said there was a 3 min wait. The guy would not hear me out just kept repeating since it was less than 24 hours nothing they could. At that point I was just trying to find out the next flight out, which was not until next Wednesday. I asked him about Sanford Orlando which was 2 hours away and he said there was one out on Monday.

When I discovered I had no easy way to get back home through another airline because Allegiant is the only airline in Toledo, I called back and was on hold for 17 mins even though it said there was a 7 min wait. I started the conversation by saying maybe I need a supervisor because I had a real emergency and I begin to explain how my mother was in the hospital and we needed to figure out how to get her home. The guy hung up on me.

I had to call a third time and was on hold for 20 mins for a supposedly 9 min wait. I told the young lady what happened and while she at least was sympathetic. Told me that since it was less than 24 hours I only had the option to purchase new tickets on the Orlando flight which were going for $189 per person for one way. Then when I got home I could appeal and show the doctor's note and they may decide to give me a credit on a future flight.

Really! Like having your normally healthy mother being rushed to the hospital is not stressful enough but to suddenly have to stress over how you are going to get home. Then have the airline who had the other flight not be willing to at least transfer the credit towards what you spent on the new flight. Every other airline even though they have a non-refundable clause will do that.

My experience with Allegiant air was just horribly dissapointing and not worth any supposed savings. Allegiant needs to learn how to take care of its customers through more than just a cheaper airline price in the beginning.

Allegiant Airhidden ridiculous fees

When booking with other airlines ONLINE, they allow you to book for free since YOU are doing all the work and their staff doesnt get involved. Thats all fine and GOOD.
                      With ALLEGIANT, they HIDE a BOGUS "Convenience Fee" of $ 17.00 on every ticket in amongst the other GOVERNMENT fees.

CONVENIENCE FEE !?? Convenient for WHO? Well, its convenient for YOU TO DO THE WORK and for them to CHARGE YOU A $ 17.00 FEE for doing it (while they do nothing)..well actually not nothing...they DO find time to INVENT more FEES for things such as PICKING A SEAT..Not a GREAT seat, NOT an exit row seat...any SEAT..You pick it YOU PAY !! and then lets not het into BAGGAGE FEES !!... BAH

• Fr
                          Frequent Flyers Apr 16, 2012

I had no idea about this hidden "convenience fee" until I read your complaint. I just booked 4 flights, online, and have paid an extra $40 for the priviledge of doing so!

We also tried to book the $88 flights from B'ham to Vegas, only to be told that there was only ONE SEAT LEFT AT THIS PRICE! Well, we tried splitting up the bookings to see what would happen, and miraculously, more $88 seats appeared - until we tried paying with the same credit card, and the whole site shut down on us with an error message that they were experiencing INVENTORY DISCREPANCIES! I'm convinced when we put in out CC info, red lights started flashing at headquarters and the Night Attendent dove for the Kill Switch. Whew! We almost gave the same family more that one $88 seat!!! This is larceny and false advertising. Don't [censored]ing tell me that you are "out of" $88 seats, when in truth it's ONE $88 seat per family. To enact my revenge, I am NOT paying for seats together with my children. I'll just announce at the counter that some other passenger can take care of them for a couple of hours, they're really annoying. (they're angels!) My bet? I'll be sitting with my kids FOR FREE!!!

• Se
                          Sean Berk Jun 25, 2012

I used to praise Allegiant airlines when they first opened in Mesa, AZ for efficient travel to rural states like Montana. I was a great advertiser for the airline. Over the years their prices have gone up, they nickle and dime you, and the service is getting terrible. Today I dropped off family with small kids and a handicapped grandmother. The ticket agent named Alexis in Mesa screwed up the tickets so they were turned away at TSA. They returned for a fix and she never even apologized. Furthermore, she didn't want to provide a gate pass so a family member could assist with the children and handicapped grandmother. Then, to further the insult, no effort was made to assign seating for the children so they could be "near" their parents. Also, they stopped family boarding as well... I will NO LONGER be using Allegiant Airlines. Due to their horrid service, I will now be flying Delta, American, Alaska, or the best airline (Southwest) and driving to Montana from Boise or Spokane.

• Ke
                          Ken2112 Aug 16, 2014

Of all the fees that they charge, the one that pissed me off the most was the fee to pick your seat and because of that, I will never book a flight with them again. I have NEVER heard of an airline charging anyone for choosing a seat. I was half expecting them to charge me extra for a pressurized cabin.

Allegiant Airlinesholiday nightmare

I am on a tight budget, my husband lost his job, yet I was determined to fly to Nebraska to spend the holidays with my lovable siblings, nephews and nieces. Never been so excited... a white Christmas and a fabulous family reunion. I found the most inexpensive airline tickets through Allegiant Airlines. I woke up this morning called Allegiant Airline customer service for weather advisory. I was told everything was fine, I asked their representative if children needed to be present to check in, she said there was no need to be present, as long as we had their passport. I live 10 min. from Meza Gateway airport in Meza, AZ. Following their instructions, my husband and I headed to the airport and did the pre-check in (luggage and all), but were told our kids had to be there. We checked in our luggage. They issued my husband's and my boarding pass. When we returned, 30 min. prior to departure, we went straight to the counter attendant, but she said passengers were already boarding and would not give us our boarding passes. She stalled and delayed calling her manager, wasting 20 minutes. After much insisting on our behalf, she finally called her manager and was told we couldn't board. I honestly feel that if she had isssued my kids'boarding passes, we would have made it. We were not allowed to board. We were devastated. After much frustration, trying to contact someone, I found out that this airline does not have anyone I can speak with or get answers. They gave me a P.O. Box address and said a supervisor would contact me within 72 hours. When I returned several hours later to pick up my luggage, a couple arrived 15 minutes before departure and were allowed to board the plane!!! I totally lost it. I asked to speak with the supervisor and was told she was unavailable. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I just found out that that airline has had 170 complaints in the last three months. I can't believe that my wonderful Christmas plans have turned into such a nightmare.

Allegiant Airscam on cancelled flights

On the night of 8/27/11, We were trying to find an airline that would fly our son to western NY state in order for him to help with the post-hurricane Irene recovery effort. The only airline was Allegiant. We booked on Saturday night for the 8/28/11 flight, and the flight was cancelled Sunday morning. We immediately asked for a refund and were refused. Not only is this poor customer service, but the 'scam' part of the entire saga is that we suspect Allegiant knew all along they would be cancelling the flight, but still continued to take bookings in order to gain as much revenue as possible. Then, they did what all other airlines had already done - they cancelled and went to the bank with all of those passengers' fares. Trying to reach Allegiant, other than via email, is almost impossible. I hate what they did to us, but I abhor even more what they are allowed to do to the unsuspecting American public - constant advertising low rates which turn out to be exorbitantly high with all of the add-ons (can you believe $18.99 to get a seat, followed by a $16.99 "convenience fee"???). And, they do this without any scruples.

They are headquartered in Las Vegas, I understand (address is: 8360 S. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89113). I wish some government authority would reject their licenses to continually steal from the flying public. Looking on Facebook, there is quite a tide of anger. Just hope that Allegiant goes out of business before too long.

• Ko
                              kookoo5 Oct 09, 2011

read number 85 of Allegiant's Contract of Carriage. I highly doubt you were flat-out refused, perhaps you misunderstood?

Allegiant Airdishonest website

I have twice complained to Allegiant Air about their ethically challenged website. On a recent booking, the site automatically selected the following:

- cost for round-trip shuttle from McClaren Ariport to my hotel (which was not booked through Allegiant);

- cost for priority seating

- cost for checking of one bag

- charge for flex ticket

NONE of this did I want, select or desire. It runs up your cost to equal the price of a one-way ticket! I complained to "Customer Service" that the tactics are dishonest and unethical and they apologized for my "confusion", which I considered an insult. The only confusion that exists is in the ethics of the company's culture.

Their reservations number (not toll-free) takes a long wait and their employees have told me they get LOADS of call from customers who were tricked into buying things they did not want. You cannot remove the items online, you must call. Oh, and let's not forget about Allegiant's "Convenience Fee" for the privilege to book your own flight online. Give me a break. This company's attitude is among the worst in the business.

• Ml
                                ML Des Moines Mar 13, 2012

I absolutely agree with the post above. After purchasing tickets for a trip, and buying trip flex, I needed to cancel the flight and was stunned to discover that 1) Allegiant charges a $20 per ticket "fee" to actually use the trip flex - this is in addition to the actual cost of trip flex itself, which was $100 (For my family of four this amounted to an additional $80 of expense); and 2) The travel voucher I received for using trip flex must be used within 365 days of booking - not 365 days from the date the trip was cancelled. So in reality this is closer to a 6 or 9 month voucher. When I complained to a customer service rep (who I got hold of after 45 minutes of being on hold and being disconnected once), I was rudely treated and told to better read the fine print. By the time you're done paying for the a la carte items (baggage fees, seat reservation fees, convenience fees, etc.), you realize that this is not a discount airline, but a full-price airline with business practices designed to mislead the customer.

Allegiant Airpoor customer service

On Sunday, May 22, 2011 an airline ticket was purchased at the sales counter in Colorado Springs, CO Airport. Flight was scheduled for Monday, May 23, 2011; from Colorado Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV. We arrived at the airport and went immediately to the sales counter, where the ticket was purchased, but there was nobody there. With the itinerary # and flight confirmation that was sent to me via e-mail in hand, we then proceeded down to the gate area. Now please keep in mind that I had knee surgery a month ago so running or even walking at a very fast pace is physically impossible at this time. At the security entrance to the gates we were told we could not enter unless we had a physical ticket in hand, the flight was getting ready to board, so the only thing we could do was to go back up to the sales counter and use a paging system the airport has available. My daughter and I made our way back up to the sales counter and found the phone used to make pages. After being put on hold for approximately five minutes, I was connected with a young lady at the boarding counter (at the gate). I explained to her that we were there waiting, my daughter had her one carry-on bag in hand and we needed to get on the flight that was getting ready to board. After talking to the young lady on the phone for 5-10 minutes, I was told that we had missed the flight; there was nothing that could be done. The time was now 1825. The flight was scheduled for 1850.
                              I then waited at the sales counter for an employee to return to see if we could reschedule for the next available flight. Rudely, I was told “no, you must call the phone number listed on the web-site”. I made the phone call as instructed and was spoken to like I was an idiot. All the lady on the phone could do (her name was Shalon), was quote the policy. That passengers must be there at least 30 min. prior to the flight. I tried to explain to her that I understood the policy, that we were there 30 min. prior, nobody was at the counter. I was again reminded of the policy, like it was a recording or something and that was all she could say. Then I was told I had to mail (filing online doesn’t make it to the right people apparently) a complaint or concern to a p.o. box in Las Vegas. Somebody might respond in 4-6 weeks but chances were not good, there are no credits or refunds for missing a flight. My daughter would not have missed her flight if somebody was at the counter the 30 min. prior like they keep preaching.
                              I tried to go through the proper chain to communicate the situation but was treated like a second class citizen. I truly hope that this is not the way that Allegiant treats the military and their families. I would hope to have resolved the situation without going through this process but my hand was forced to get anybody to listen that could do more than read me the company’s boarding policy.

Allegiant Airdenied boarding

I’ll begin this letter by saying how incredibly disappointed I am with Allegiant company and their staff. On 3/31/11 at 7:40 p.m. my niece and I arrived at the Long Beach Airport, we stood in line for the Allegiant Counter, the customer in front of us told us that she was going to be the last person they checked in and that the counter was closing. I checked my watch and noted there was still 60 minutes before departure. I walked up to the attendant and asked if they were closing the counter, I noticed a sign on the counter read, “This counter closes 45 minutes prior to departure.” The attendant said that they were closing the counter and that anyone that did not arrive two hours prior to departure was forfeiting their ticket and would have to purchase a new one tomorrow morning when the counter re-opened.

My niece and I decided to stand in line and see if we made it to the counter 45 minutes prior to departure. At 7:50 p.m. after all the customers in front of us had been given their boarding passes it was our turn at the counter. We were rudely turned away by your employee, at this point there were four more customers behind me. I pointed out to the attendant that there was still 50 minutes left to departure and his reply was that, “It doesn’t matter you should read the fine print on your confirmation you needed to arrive 2 hours prior to departure”. We pleaded with him to please let us board as there was still 50 minutes left before departure and the airplane was about 100 feet away from us, Long Beach Airport is very small and we only had a carry-on. The attendant refused to help us stating that he needed to leave the counter and go help with baggage, my niece and I walked away and the attendant spent the next 10-15 minutes arguing with the other customers (he could have checked us in).

The fine print on my confirmation states that customers need to be checked in no less than 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure (we could have been checked in). I called Allegiant Customer Service three times and after being on hold for over 15 minutes each time I hung up. On my fourth attempt I finally got a hold of someone, albeit being on hold for 15 minutes, and was told that my only recourse would be to write a letter. I find this policy is in place because customers will likely not want to write a letter and therefore Allegiant keeps the money that, in my case, is unrightfully theirs.

I am now requesting that I be refunded the full amount of my purchase and for my hotel reservations which I lost. I do not want a credit as I will never fly Allegiant Air I was a first time customer and a last too. I would not fly Allegiant if the seats were free. I am waiting on Allegiant to contact me for a refund!

• Sh
                                    shun24 Apr 11, 2011

This is a letter I wrote Allegiant! They are a horrible company!!

April 11, 2011

Allegiant Travel Company
                                    Attn: Customer Relations
                                    PO Box 401026
                                    Las Vegas, NV 89140

Re: Confirmation ########

Dear Customer Relations,

I’ll begin this letter by saying how incredibly disappointed I am with your company and your staff. On 3/31/11 at 7:40 p.m. my niece and I arrived at the Long Beach Airport, we stood in line for the Allegiant Counter, the customer in front of us told us that she was going to be the last person they checked in and that the counter was closing. I checked my watch and noted there was still 60 minutes before departure. I walked up to the attendant and asked if they were closing the counter, I noticed a sign on the counter read, “This counter closes 45 minutes prior to departure.” The attendant said that they were closing the counter and that anyone that did not arrive two hours prior to departure was forfeiting their ticket and would have to purchase a new one tomorrow morning when the counter re-opened.

My confirmation is enclosed the fine print states that customer need to be checked in no less than 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure (we could have been checked in). I called Allegiant Customer Service three times and after being on hold for over 15 minutes each time I hung up. On my fourth attempt I finally got a hold of someone, albeit being on hold for 15 minutes, and was told that my only recourse would be to write a letter. I find this policy is in place because customers will likely not want to write a letter and therefore Allegiant keeps the money that, in my case, is unrightfully theirs.

I am now requesting that I be refunded the full amount of my purchase $204.74 and $277 for my hotel reservations which I lost. My full refund demand is $481.74. I do not want a credit as I will never fly Allegiant Air I was a first time customer and a last too. I would not fly Allegiant if the seats were free.

Sincerely,
                                    Jessica

• Sh
                                    shun24 Apr 11, 2011

You're absolutely right! What really makes my head spin is that I was there prior to their counter closing, I understand if I had arrived 20 or 30 or even 40 minutes prior, but I was there prior to them closing. I really hope they refund me this money because otherwise I will really feel like I have been ripped off and I don't want to feel that. It's a terrible feeling when someone takes something that rightfully is yours.