Having problems with Allegiant Air?

+1 702 505 8888 (Customer Care)
+1 702 430 3283​ (Teletypewriter​)
+1 702 719 8111​ (Weather Advisories​)
8360 S Durango Dr
Las Vegas, Nevada

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Allegiant Air.

Complaints & Reviews

Allegiant Airmanditiory bag check scam

I having been using Allegiant Air for the past few years traveling from Wilmington, NC to Orlando, FL. I have been using the same carry on bag for these trips and had no problems ths time departing from Wilmington. However, on my return trip I was told my carry on was too large and that it had to be checked for an additional fee of $35.00. The ticketing agents name is Bently Brooks. When asked to check the size of the bag they asked me to place it into the sizing frame and it fit. He said that it was an inch too tall! Long story short I believe that this airline does not have consistnet policies and very poor customer service. Their employees are forced to "do their job" so they make a comission on every bag that is checked. It is BS and you do get what you pay for. Buyer be ware! The minimal amount of savings is not worth it. They definetly not SWA!

• Au
      Austen May 20, 2011

We just had the same experience flying Eugene to Oakland. The same bag that they gave the OK on several times before (including at this airport) was a centimeter too wide all of a sudden. Such BS.

joze Jun 01, 2011

This Airlines should be Stopped. I have had more horrible experiences with them from Hidden fees to wrong dates and Severe attitude problems. I have got simillar deals or even better going with more respected Airlines.

Allegiant Airlines — refunds

I booked flights, round trip, for my son and myself for the holidays on Allegiant. We flew out on 12/18 from...

Allegiant Airnot allowed to board

We had a very dear friend of my wife visit us from the northwest ad fly ALLEGIANT AIR. She flew in from Pasco, Washington and landed at Gateway Airport in Mesa. When she arrived, her flight was 40 minutes late to arrive. This was the maiden flight from Pasco to Mesa/Gateway. Mesa Gateway airport is a community airport at best with maybe 5 employees and the rudest being ERICK who informed me he was the SUPERVISOR on the Sunday our friend was to fly back. When we arrived at the airport, there were maybe 8 other people in the entire airport and our friend went to check in for her flight. She was told she couldn't get on the plane as they had already closed it off. When I went back up to find out what the problem was I was greeted by ERICK the "SUPERVISOR". This was perhaps the most ignorant and rudest individual I have met in my life. First he informed me we needed to be there 2 hours before the flight like everyone else. I don't know who these mystery people were, as, seriously there were 8 total people in the airport and we were 3 of them. Next I was informed that we had to be ther at least 45 minutes prior to takeoff and when I pressed him on that issue, he informed me that it was 30 minutes. I then told him that our friend was dealing with the female agent next to him more than 30 minutes before the flight and he basically called me a liar. He told me he had "punched the button" and that was "nothig he could do". I informed him that our friend had no luggage to check, it was still 30 minutes until her flight left and the plane was no more than 100 yards from where we were standing. He refused to even address the situation and again sad there was nothing "HE COULD DO" When I asked to speak with his boss, he told me he was in charge at this time. He then told us ou friend could catch the same flight out "4 DAYS FROM NOW" and they would only chare her $29. I am 57 years old and have been in retail and management over 32 years and this was the rudest and most obnoxious individual I have ever met. I guess all 6 people on the plane will keep this airline afloat in these tough economic times and the super customer service offered is just a bonus. We took our friend to Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix and in less that an hour we had her on a United Airlines flight and had the pleasure of dealing with a professional, courteous lady who was one of the nicest and concerned reservationists I have dealt with lately. One interesting thing you will find is that if you have a complaint to register with the airlie, they have NO COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT on their sight. Imagne that. Do youself a huge favor and avoid this airline at all cost. The service is terrible, the associates are the rudest you will ever find and whatever savings you think you may be gaining will soon be lost when they don't let you on your flight. Gary Anderson, Phoenix Arizona

• Bu
        buycable Sep 20, 2010

Departure time is departure time and the bridge closes ten minutes before. Tickets are purchased so there should be exceptions, my God they got their money our seats were assigned and I paid extra for them so there was a spot for us on that flight. Anyway, a half and hour before departure after driving over two hours to airport, construction and traffic then long term parking topped off with no employee at their counter equals MISSED FLIGHTS! Unlike a smart [censor] comment above in regards to passengers waiting on late ones...if the damn plane hasn't left, let us on! Do they refund tickets when the
        crew is late? Or plane problems? NO! Des Moines, IA counter guy (black with glasses) didn't get his name after he finally came out was cold and rude and lied in the comments he noted which another CS rep read back to me after calling their CS # on way back home which really did no good, she told me to write and complain on the way we were treated. It was noted he tried to get us on that flight, bull crap it was complete opposite! He lied about what we had for bags out of three travelers one had a carry on, and two of us had each one piece of checked baggaged (nothing more)which I offered to leave mine if that meant saving time and us making the flight, but nope it didn't matter. I even told him he could put my suitcase on the flight the next day, he just gave a crap look and said it was too late. I begged him and asked if he would please make an exception and he said if I make an exception for you I have to do it for everyone. Well, such as life isn't it?! Sorry, can't pull over and help you change that flat tire I would have to do it for everyone I see. Or ummm sorry, can't donate that money to Salvation Army parked outside every store around the holidays because if I give to one I have to give to all. He was a complete jerk, his customer service skills were horrible he could have been nice and undertanding even if we couldn't get on the flight! What else sucks is he told us there were no more flights leaving Des Moines when that was a lie and to find that out after our over two hour ride of shame home is just disgusting! Plus to lose rental car for four days which you cannot cancel even if you get to your destination and decide you don't need a car you are screwed! How about instead of these ticket counter agents arguing about it's half of an hour before departure and blah, blah, blah they smile and bust their [censor] to get tickets printed and get you on the plane?! To act rude and like you don't care well, we all know what karma is! And before anyone comments oh you were late, well no kidding we fly at least twice a year and certainly we not expecting the delays we had and never once thought that we would not get on the flight. We knew we were cutting it close, but hearing him saying what he did made my stomach turn! First time missing a flight and it will sure be the last, because this was not a good expierence at all. $1, 000 tough lesson to learn along with missed work, plus Husband and the coach missed the ball tournament! Has anyone actually gotten their money back from forfieted flights? Can't say they are missed because we were there :)

• Uw
        uwishtoo Jul 27, 2011

I used them for a recent trip back - damage to my luggage, lost a 600 professional camera that was packed tight as a drum inside my checked luggage - luggage outside pocket ripped away from the base part of the suitcase. Landed at 10:15 PM in Mesa AZ and noticed the gaping hole but of course there was no one there to complain to. 4 days later I finally got around to unpacking (I am a super busy business owner and I dropped the bag in the bedroom and got to it when I could) and then discovered camera bag was also missing on top of the ripped off outside pocket. Hmm, wonder why an expensive camera was the only thing missing from my luggage?

So now of COURSE they are telling me I needed to report it within 4 hours of landing - um who was I supposed to report it to at 10:15 PM with NO people manning any of the counters?

BULLSH** - I am taking this to the BBB as I see alot of others have

Allegiant Airridiculous charges

I tried to book 4 seats from Medford Oregon to Las Vegas. Allegiant Air tried to charge me for everything under the sun. $5.00 priority seating (for overhead storage) $12.99 for the seat, $48.00 for a shuttle I don't need. $40.00 for one (1) bag. All tyhis is in addition to my ticket. This outfit is a genuine ripoff! I will drive to vegas before I will ever use this Rip Off Airline. I wonder what my surcharge is for checking the oil and tire pressure? I have heard other people complain, but didn't believe it. I do now!

Nostradamus Nov 22, 2009

I sustain 100% the commente of JNK Excavation. I bought 2 tickets (my wife and me) and I didn't catch the rain of extra-charges that JNK described accurately. MY wife and I got a couple small suitcases that I have taken hundred times with us in other trips with another Airplane Companies. I had never before any problem with the size of my suitcases and always allowed to carry it with me. Until I got the Allegiance Air plane. They rejected it at the moment to boarding and the Company charged 80 extra-dollars my Credit Card without my authorization, in spite I gave order in the Terminal do not send my suitcase, because I didn't want to accept such scam so I called my son to pick up the small suitcases. ...Be careful with this Company. Sometimes cheap things are really a lot more expensive...And Allegiance air is one of this.

• Bo
          Bonnie R Apr 06, 2010

You feel angry and dirty after dealing with these folks. We were charged a "courtesy" fee of $ 28. When I cancelled the flt due to illness I was issued a credit of $50 per, totalling $200 LESS the courtesy fee thus reducing my cr voucher by $28. When I asked why, I was told they do not refund the courtesy fee. I replied I know that and am not asking you to but what you are doing is making me pay the courtesy fee twice. All the clerk did was disagree, over and over and finally asked me if I know what a refund is!!!
          So I gave up. I sent an e mail asking if there was any addtl penalty for cancellation, other than the $50 per, reply read... There is no refund of the couresy fee... I sent another saying my quesion was not answered and the same reply, verbatim. So Im not going to call or e mail again. Perhaps the Better Business Bureau needs to get involved or the Frommers travel site. This was my 1st experience with these cons and Im even hesitant to use my voucher in the future. We live in a rural area with ltd air service, but I will drive 3 hours (one way ) and book a non direct flt to acces Jet Blue in the future. Thats how bad this experience has been and I still have no resolution. Ive given too much thought to trying to figure out what convoluted interpretation they employed, but, you know what, there is none. Its plain out and out arrogance and theft.

Allegiant Air — delayed baggage

Never again will my husband and I fly Allegiant Air. Someone had told us about this airline that had cheap...

Allegiant Air — unauthorized charges

Send an e-mail saying my ticket was ready to pick up via the attachment and that they charged my credit card...

Allegiant Air - No AC on Planes! — poor service, bad flight

We opted to fly to Vegas via Allegiant Air out of Stockton, rather than flying out of Sacramento...BIG...

Allegiant Airbad business polices

First of it takes a lot for me to file a complaint. What I speak of we have experienced over that last year. Therefore, this is an overall complaint and statement on what I feel are bad business polices and their philosophies. Not this is strictly my opinion.

Allegiant Air has many problems in dealing with consumers. All summed up they are a bait and switch operation.

Their rules are designed to lure you in to additional cost and make it extremely hard to get any reasonable customer service. Newcomers beware, the reservation system does not tell you the full price till very late in the process. The initial price is only a teaser. They nickel and dime you to death; charge you to select a seat, charge you for checked luggage, etc. You are really not saving much in most cases. In addition, if you miss a fight, no credit toward a future flight. (after loosing information on flight we called and was given incorrect info, thus missing a flight). This list goes on. But even worse they charge you extra to purchase your ticket online, then you go to the airport only to find out that they only sell tickets during certain hours that are not posted anywhere we could find them. We have experience all of the above in a negative way. I have now only had one non-problematic fight with this airline out of a number. But no more we a are though after we use this last ticket. God help us to make it through the current issue & return with our sanity.

I believe they and their polices should not supported. Keep your standards high. They need to fail.

• Mb
            mbtthemvp Nov 10, 2009

Last week I had a flight to Vegas on Allegiant Airlines. I had left my cell phone at home and had to return to get it at the last minute. I finally arrived at the airport 30 mins before my scheduled departure, only to find no attendant at the check-in counter only a sign that read "will return in 20 mins". When the attendant returned about 10 minutes later and I demanded my boarding pass, he proclaimed there was nothing he could do for me because I had "forfeited" my flight by arriving "late". It's important to note that that flight did not depart for at least another 45 mins from the time I arrived at the airport, it departed late. However, "on-time" according to Allegiant airlines is arriving no later than 45 minutes before your scheduled departure. If you arrive even at 45 minutes and 10 seconds, you have forfeited your flight on Allegiant Airlines. This forfeiture entitles you to NO REFUND OR FLIGHT CREDIT. ITS TIME TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST SUCH UNFAIR POLICIES. Myself and my partner were not the only people who had "forfeited" their flight that evening, there were at least 3 other customers who had paid their hard-earned money to fly on that flight. I'm sure this "forfeiture" of flights happens on every Allegiant Airlines flight out of the Eugene Airport.
            KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. If you have suffered at the hands of this unfair policy and have seen your hard-worked money go down the drain FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. Allegiant Airlines 45 min"late policy" is not legal because it is not conscionable, it is unfair on it's face. There is no other airline that has such a policy for late customers without providing them at the least flight credit. You are ENTITLED TO REMEDY.

Contact: BBB of Southern Nevada, Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) 6040 S. Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 Phone: [protected] Fax: [protected] Email: [protected]@vegasbbb.org Web: http://www.vegasbbb.org

Assure you have the correct company name: Allegiant Air, LLC 8360 S. Durango Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89113

sandyparson Dec 11, 2009

all I can say is now I am nervous. I just booked a flight with Alligiant air. I was a little surprised with all the extra charges. Even the baggage charges on the policy says 15-25 if payed at time of booking, but my charge was 40 for one bag, so my 119.00 flight actually is costing me 247.00, but that is still cheaper then the other flights i was trying to book. So I am looking forward to a great time in Florida and hoping all goes well, and will plan on being at the airport 3 hours ahead to avoid confusion! I iwll do my part hopefully they will do theirs and this will be a possitive experience

Marymomma Feb 22, 2012

Honestly Peoples complaints are unreal. Yes they charge you up the A** in the end but I still saved 200 bucks! I get a non stop flight that is 6-7 hours instead of 10!!! IT STATES ALL THEIR RULES BEFORE you buy!!! I swear no one reads the fine print. Clearly states ticket counter opens 2 hours before flight and will be closed 45 mins prior to flight. Gate will be closed 10 mins before flight takes off. Don't follow the rules then accept the penalities!!! 2nd time flying with them no problems here! They have these rules to keep fares low and so that they can get everyone out and not wait around for last minute people! No it's not southwest but not all airports have south west available and this fare with all the crazy fees are still 10 times cheaper than the worst rated airlines out there! People expect TOO much!

• Ww
            www.niafoxx.com Jun 18, 2012

I had a flat tire on the way to the airport, and tried to call Allegiant to get a later flight but was told I would be forfeiting my ticket if I didn't get there on time. I asked if I could use the ticket towards another day and was told no..there is no flexibility.. I thought I'd found a bargain in this airline but it turned into a nightmare for me and my kids. I'm a single parent with three children, money is hard to come by but I wsas excited to make this trip happen form my kids. I can't even afford to do an alternative vacation because Allegiant will not even refund a portion of the return ticket. I'm just out $1083. How is this legal? I thought I'd done my research before booking with them even called the reservation desk before booking online. I'm just disgusted. I'm a writer with a small following but will make sure I blog about this in every possible outlet to make people aware of these practices.

Angry Customer in Hawaii May 31, 2013

After booking a flight with this airline I purchased my connecting tickets. A few weeks later I received an email from them telling me they had changed my return flight which would make me miss my connection. After over a month of trying to contact them, as they would not reply to my email, I was very rudely told they never offer reimbursements. Now I'm stuck footing the cost to change my connecting flight. They have no corporate number you can actually speak to someone regarding their piss poor customer service. I have NEVER dealt with a company with such extremely poor policies and customer (dis)service. I regret my decision to save a few bucks by trying this airline out. Do not make the same mistake as me.

Allegiant Air — terrible service

I had the worst experience of my life with regard to airlines this weekend- all thanks to Allegiant Air! My...

Allegiant Airlines — carry on luggage

WARNING ABOUT CARRY ON LUGGAGE!!! If you would like to take a flight on the worst airline out there...

Allegiant Airflight attendants

Anyone ever seen a Allegiant Flight Attendant reading, doing crosswords, smoking or any other non- work related duty while on duty???

• Kn
              KnoUrFactsFirst Sep 01, 2009

flight attendants are people. Somtimes they are on duty in an airport on a 4 hr lay over - 4 hrs is the limit thatsome airlines will make you sit around without giving them a hotel. Would you do a cross road at your place of employment if you had nothing to do but sit in a terminal for 3 hrs and 49 minutes? I dont see what is so bad. they have days up to 14 hrs. Would you like to work those kind of hours with customers yelling at you all day bc the reservations dept messed up their tickets or the security line was long? Flight attendant are like everyone else ...and in fact when they are on those layover in the airport ...THEY ARENT GETTING PAID!! EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE "On DUTY" we are only getting paid when the wheel go up til the wheels go down!!! So we hate being on delays EVEN more than Passangers do!!! WE ARE AT WORK FOR FREE during those times! I am sorry if you had a bad experience with a flight attendant! A lot of us love our jobs and love the customers that we get the opportunity to get to know and we would never want to make a bad impression but justremember that we are people to only we dont get the luxury of going home everynite to do cros swords in private!

• Ru
              runyan Oct 04, 2009

I understand if you are on a lay over or something like that. But coming into my allegiant flight last thursday oct 1, the one flight attendant half way said hello while looking over the shoulder of another flight attendant while she was reading "the National Enquirer" Now give me another line of bull!

• Sb
              S. B. Mar 29, 2010

Judging by your tone and attitude you sound very much like you climbed on board your Allegiant Air flight with some attitude problem and have some vendetta against a Flight Attendant. Maybe you dated one and got dumped or something of that nature in the past. However it should always be noted that things are not always as they seam and your judging of a situation might be fogged. Just because a Flight Attendant for any airline would look at a magazine or etc does not mean they are bad, unprofessional or not doing the job for which they were hired for. The truth be known had your sorry complaint self had a heart attack on that plane, THAT very Flight Attendant you complain about would jump into action and possibly would have saved your non deserving complaining behind! Just something you might wabt to keep in mind on the complaint line.

• Fe
              fedupwithmeanpeople Nov 16, 2010

First of all, that flight attendant was not so professional. I agree ( but you can't expect first class treatment traveling the lowest class). Probably she already greated 500 people that day and let me tell you something. Those passengers when they are greeted by their flight attendant they wont say hello but they turn their backs and they just ignore the smile and the hello...so what is the point in doing that anyway...few years of that and you are done with people
              Other thing is that maybe the flight attendant just got tired of hundreds of mean and rude comments that people say..everyday the same things an the same complaints. There is nothing that they can do to help anybody anyway.
              Regarding the 4hour layover?..Allegiant keeps their flight attendants up to 20 hours stranded in an extremely hot or too cold plane with no pay or food, starving and exhaused and by the time they get home, dealing with the angriest passengers ever..they only get payed for maybe 3-4 hours. And those planes break all the time.
              If they get sick they still have to go to work because the company will have them fired for getting sick. And is hard not to get sick dealing with the dirtiest of people and planes, working up to exhaustion with no hot meal for 15 hours at a time and sleeping 4-5 hours a night since the schedules are done in the wrong way. You may see your flight attendant crying in pain in her seat since she might be about to pass out or she can not hear you anyway due to the bad ear infection(that people are not allowed to fly with a ear infection but those flight attendants have to)
              The planes are always broken and if there is not a delay due to something is a miracle. But dealy or not..people are always mean and angry and they smell bad, dont know how to use a lavatory, have no common sense and too many uneducated kids, body gasses and fluids, ...
              Hundreds of people every day faking all kinds of disabilities, being the center of the universe...all have a mean comment and a ton of expectations from a very low cost airline..helpless people in wheelchairs that can actually run out of the plane if they need to, flight attendants breaing their backs lifting people's extremely heavy bags(and they do not get payed for being stranded in a wheelchair for weeks in horrible pains..they dont even get a thank you from that passenger)
              And you might ask why people do this job?..well..the job' flight attendant' sounds good...pay SEEMS decent...it is just that by the time you quit you job to go to an unpayed training..stay on reserve forever with unhumane schedules and a 'barely I have food to eat ' paycheck and a lot of debt is pretty late you kinda have to go on. Needles to say that on the days off, you are in so much pain and exhausted to have energy to look for a different job...anyway...

• Fl
              Flight Attendant's Abuse of Power Jul 22, 2014

I agree with this passenger. I am a 65 year old woman, have been a missionary for over 25 years. I have traveled all over the world to many third world countries on just about every airline available worldwide. While traveling on Allegiant Air to visit my grandchildren and family I had not seen in several years, I had the worst experience of my life with a flight attendant . While struggling with my carry on overhead bag it became snagged on the latch of the overhead bin and I could not get it released. The flight attendant said " Give me that I have to check that bag it won't fit " I knew the bag would easily fit once I was able to release it from the latch. I am also a photography and the contents of the bag consisted of very expensive lens and camera equipment. I never check this bag because of its value. I carry the same bag when traveling, I know that it fits easily in the compartment. I replied back to the Flight attendant " I know it will fit it's just snagged on the latch. She replied back in a very rude manner " I've been doing this a long time and I'm telling you it's not going to fit". About that time the latch became detached and bag slide right in. "I said, There it fits." She said "Well if you are going to be disrespectful I'll have you know I can have you thrown off this plane, I suggest you sit down and not say another word." She was obviously very mad that the bag fit. When I sat down the passenger next to me said you need to get her name she had no right yelling at you like that. A few minutes later the flight attendant walked by and stuck her head around the other passengers sitting next to me and said, "Do you have something you want to say to me?" In a very snippy voice. I politely said, "Could I have your name please." She yelled, "You can have my name, It's Ann B I T C H and spelled it, and yelled you can also have my badge number and when you call to complaint they are just going to praise me for doing my job, now come with me, your getting off. ". She called security and grabbed my overhead bag. While waiting at the door for security to escort me off, my travel companion who also travels with me on missions had to disembark also because we wanted to stay together. I pleaded with her to change her mind because I didn't want to disappoint family who had traveled from other cities to spend time with me that weekend. She was very smug that she had the power to do this. Which was clearly an abuse of power. I never raised my voice, I do not drink or use profanity and was respectful at all times. I did not disrupt any passengers or at any time put them in any danger. The only disruption was this rude out of control flight attendant who was obviously having a bad day. I was escorted to the luggage carousel and told my checked luggage would be coming and to wait there. Of course that never happened, my luggage went on to my destination. My husband was in total shock when I called him, as was my family. My husband immediately booked me on a Southwest flight for later that day. Because it was a last minute flight it was $998.00. My husband sent a certified letter past customer service and up the chain, asking for a resolution and a quick response to this incident. He gave them ample time to reply and a deadline prior to litigation. If we do not get a satisfactory response we will proceed with litigation.

• Am
              amanda sucks Dec 30, 2016

On a flight from Niagara Falls, NY to St. Petersburg, Fl. on 12/29/2016, flight attendants were very flat and especially one named Amanda was very rude to passengers snapping at them as she passed. As a frequent flyer with Allegiant I have never had a bad experience with the attendants, but this girl really needs to rethink her desire to do this job. She is an embarrassment to the company.

aligantproblems with plane

hey i was just there on saturday june 27th and we got on the plane great and stuff then taking off was a disaster we thought we were going to die but thankfuly someone said to go back. then we get back and they tell us to wait and see what hapens for like an hour or so then they tell us that it is delayed and come back tommorow at eight thirty. shouldent we habe an earlier time since we got cancelled i mean i have to go on vacation for a week. not only that but the arangments when they had to figure out what to do they were horiable at that and when people asked to get a flight for tommorow they said it is all taken. dont u guys have ur planes checked often or do u just let them go arent planes all supposed to be inspected regularly. the people at the desk were u can make arangments dident know what to do. it was just all a disaster at least were alive. guess that is what u get for going on a cheap airline. and the fees are ridic. i could have gone to philly which is more nicer and gotten there earlier.

Allegiant Air — fee for gate pass

My daughter is 12 and a seasoned air traveler. We bought her a ticket on Allegiant Air to fly from Rapid City...

Allegiant Airlinecrappy policies and service!

Just a lil heads up. Dont get starry eyed, about low air fare prices from Allegiant Air. My daughter was invited on a trip to Florida with a friend, who has flown many times before and knows the ropes.. Well.. Tickets were cheap enough, so what the heck, Becky is 17 and they will be staying with family member of her friend.

Well the trip down seemed to go flawless.. The plane was to leave at 7:20 we arrived at 6 pm got in line for the check in procedure, all went with out a hitch.. checked in approx. 6:50 she was on the plane at 7 and it took off at 7:20 like clock work!

She had a great time, took lots of pictures got to watch the sunset on the beach... then the time comes to come home...

I talked to her via text message at about 3:20, she had just arrived the St Petersburg airport and was standing in line along with all the other travelers, they notice as they inch along (after about an hour) that the counter at Allegiant air had shut off its lights, well the freinds Aunt ran up and approached the counter to ask what was up that there were people in line waiting to be checked and that she had a Kid that had a ticket and needed on the flight. The counter employee told her that the flight had already boarded and left 20 mins prior. At 5:13 my daughter phones me from the Allegiant air counter and I could hear the employee giving her the too bad so sad routine. I asked to speak with them and they gave me the routine i apologize crap and said the plane had already left WHEN it wasnt scheduled to leave UNTIL 5:15. So now I have a hysterical daughter who needs to get home standing in an airport 800 some odd miles away sobbing because she just wants to come home.

I call the main number for allegiant air and they FLAT REFUSED to help us at all.. I tried to explain as calmly and maturely as I possibly could what happened and could they please make her ticket good for the next flight into Lexington, I was told that her ticket was regarded as a no show and that it was non refundable and they could not do anything. I tried to reason with them telling them that she was a minor stranded because their plane left early and that the counter people didnt do enough to make sure passengers were on the plane.

So now my dilemma is how to get her home. I checked out other flights different airlines, and everything was way to expensive. So my husband and I thought about a bus ticket. I go on line purchase her a ticket and she is now on the Bus and I have to travel to Atlanta to pick her up. I will be leaving about 2:30 in the morning.

Now if you think all this was bad.. HERE is the kicker, for poops and giggles I go on the Allegiant air site and track her flight... according to the web site.. the flight did NOT DEPART UNTIL 5:27 pm.. So that tells me while I was on the phone with the counter employee at 5:13, the plane had not left.. more than likely it was still boarding!!! Their people in my opinion are VERY incompetent!! They've cost me double what it should have and their customer service is Terrible and uncaring. This has been a nightmare. Please pray that I make to Atlanta and back safely!!

• Su
                  SuniAzLady Jun 10, 2009

I don't know if it's any consolation or not, but I've flown on Allegiant Airlines many times and sometimes it depends on where you are flying from that can make a difference. One airport requested that I be there no later than 30 minutes from take off time, another airports request stated that you must check in 2 hours prior. Now 2 hours seems like a long time and since I only had to be at another airport 30 mins prior, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. But I did it anyway and when I got there 2 hrs early, there was a very long line for several other Allegiant flights. Although I don't agree that they should have left a minor child stranded, that almost sound illegal, I'm not understanding why so many other were in line as well. Were all the other people in line waiting for the same Allegiant flight? I'm not familiar with St. Petersburg airport, but all the Allegiant flights I have taken have a very small check in area and only have lines for Allegiant.

Allegiant Airservice

Trying to book online? Forget about it, i was forced to call them to book. Go figure they charge more to book via phone! The rep was to email itineraries, after not getting anything by the next day, I called again. Only to get a recording eventually telling me they are experiencing a high number of calls and cannot get to me. Then just hung up on me. I tried calling back six more times only to receive the same thing. My next attempt I actually talked with someone, tried anyway. First of all I could hardly hear this person, and because I couldn't hear her very well she got snotty with me, was rude and then hung up on me. Making me go through this fiasco of simply trying to get some assistance. My experience thus far with them has been terrible. All fees that I suddenly aquired through them, the customer service, I'm almost afraid to even get on the plane to take the trip I just booked!

• Th
                    think agian Jun 03, 2010

I made the mistake of flying Allegiant Air, make sure you don't make the same mistake. I arrived in mesa and the flight was 2 hours late. This made me miss the concert I was flying to attend. I have a heart condition and was flying out of mesa in the heat of the desert summer. we were stuck on the plane before taking off. I was feeling faint and requested water and was refused unless I wanted to pay for water. They do not care about your health condition. I highly advise anyone with a health condition fly another airlines. Allegiant Air will only take care of you if you pay them. I was a few minutes late for my return flight, the plane was still there and they would not allow me to board the flight. This caused me a 5 hour drive to a major airport in Portland, 2 days of missed work and an additional $400 to get a one way flight home. Then because they do not fly into major airports I had to pay to get back to the mesa airport and pick up my car.

I called customer service and it took a month to get a reply. their response was that they are not responsible for health conditions. GOD help you if something serious happens! When I finally got to the corporate office I was treated badly and talked down to. I was told health conditions are not their concerns. They did not care that they cost me an additional $400 and to loose 2 days of work. You are not allowed to finish your sentence the customer service agent talks over you and the only thing you are allowed to say is what they request of you.It is like a bad drill Sargent. They win the award for poor communication skills. If you object and request that you be allowed to speak you are told you are communicating incorrectly. expect to be hung up on. they were not concerned about any of the problems they caused me.

they finally issued me a voucher, however you cannot have a copy of your voucher. you have to keep calling in to use it. I now have 2 weeks to use a voucher for a mere $89 dollars. I spoke with a representative, Sonya, in the corporate office, who was out of control. I asked to speak to her manager and she told me she would transfer me while badgering me then hung up on me without connecting me. This caused me an additional hours work trying to get back to a corporate number from their 800 number. they will not transfer you and tell you they will call you back. It doesn't happen.

what you can expect, is to be charged extra fees either for booking on line or on the phone. you will be told your hold time is 3 minutes. 25 minutes later you will be wonder how time flys. you will not be compensated for your loss and you will be treated with disrespect. The amount of time you will spend trying to give this clueless company some idea of how they can improve their customer service is not worth the effort. i suggest to fly a carrier who cares if you have a health concern and who cares what happens to you.

Allegiant Air — bait and switch

My friend and I decided to go to vegas together. We book the same exact flight on the same days same times. I...

Allegiant Airlines — theft by inappropriate penalties

They don't just seem like a train wreck. They are. If you have to make any schedule changes or a...

Allegiant Airfees and gratuity begging

Besides all of the added fees Allegiant air tries to charge (slip in without you reading the fine print) the employees who check you in say they don't get paid at all and work on gratuity only. We didn't even have any checked bags but we gave him money anyway and then thought duhhhh why would Allegiant not pay their employees? I wonder if they even claim this as income?????

• Kr
                      kramer Apr 10, 2009

Skycaps are not employees of Allegiant Air. They work for either the ground handler or the airport.

Allegiant Airlinescloses ticket counter early

I recently booked a flight with Allegiant Air over Labor Day Weekend, not realizeing it was Labor Day. I was going from Las Vegas to Monterey CA to visit my brother who lived in Santa Cruz. Everything was fine until I was to return on Sunday, and my flight was to leave at 3:05pm I left Santa Cruz at 12:30 which I thought should have been plenty of time...it was bumper to bumper...I called the rental car office and they said, "don't worry about the car just leave it out front and throw us the keys" which was very nice for them to be so accomdating. I ran to the ticket counter and it was 2:35, no one around? I asked a US Airways agent and he said that they had called for someone to come to the counter because there where about 5 other customers wanting to get on board the flight to Las Vegas. This American Egale Agent came back to the counter at 3:12, we were all very upset. This India Man named Ali was so rude I could not believe it! I had to purchase a oneway ticket from US Airways for 200 bucks because I needed to be at home the next day. I have been flying Allegiant for several years and I have told many many people about them, but not anymore...This same exact thing just happened to a friend of mine who drove from San Jose Ca to Monterey to catch a flight to Las Vegas and she arrived there at 2:40 and the agents refused to come to the counter to allow her to board the airplane and she is watching passengers board the plane and they wouldn't allow her because she was, "Late"! This is crap!!! One of the other complainants who wrote earlier sure got it right, "you get what you pay for"!!! I have had it with Allegiant. They also damaged property that was in my luggage and their response was basically, "Tough"!!! I am going to tell everyone I know NOT to fly this airline and I am going to pass this and the other emails along to everyone I can to promote this airline demise~!!! How dare they treat their customoers in this manner!!!
                    Disgruntled Customer

• Fr
                        Fromundas Apr 03, 2010

I scheduled a trip to Blaine Washington from Palm Springs for my wife to spend her birthday with our grand children. I booked the flight 3 weeks ahead of time, and surprised her with the planned trip the morning of her departure.
                        On April 1st, 2010 arriving at the check in counter of Allegiant Air in Palm Springs at 10:37am for a flight scheduled for departure at 11:20am (43 minutes before departure) we were informed by the agent assisting a family of 4 (the father was wrapping his Coleman cooler with duct tape) just ahead of us that the counter was now closed, that we were considered a "NO SHOW" and we would not be allowed to check in and that we had forfeited our air fare. At first, I thought this was just a bad April fool’s joke. To my AMAZEMENT, it was not.
                        As we argued our importance of boarding this flight, another passenger scheduled for this flight, a young mother, with an infant daughter, whose husband was based out of the local 29 Palms Marine Base and was serving duty in Iraq, joined us in line to check in. This young girl was traveling to Blaine Washington to be with her mother who was in the hospital and was scheduled for stage 4 cancer surgery the following day. She explained her situation to the agent, asked for reconsideration to her boarding this flight, as she could not afford to forfeit her fare, and could not afford the additional $258.00 fare for the flight departing the following evening.
                        Keep in mind, Palm Springs Airport, even though it is considered an International Airport, is neither a very busy airport, it is also designed as a rather small, easy to maneuver airport. I have flown out of the facility numerous times because of its convenience, and ability to move thru quickly. I am certain we could have been at the boarding gate with time to spare to board this plane.
                        On witnessing this poor display of customer service, 2 couples, waiting to check in at the competitor airline (WestJet) next to the Allegiant Air counter came over and purchased the ticket necessary for this young girl to travel to see her mother the following evening. A TRUE ACT OF HUMAN KINDNESS!! Much unlike the way the agent from Allegiant Air had treated us. I truly feel this agent got pleasure out of denying my wife and this young mother boarding, as she had a bit of a smirk on her face during the entire episode. Her only rebuttal was that we obviously had not read the Terms and Conditions of Allegiant when we purchased our tickets.
                        I will admit I did not know the airline REQUIRED a 2 hour check in time prior to departure…which seems rather extreme considering this particular airport. I think it necessary they find a way, besides the fine print in their T’s & C’s to inform their customers of such an unusual requirement. I also feel, if a passenger does not arrive with the RERQUIRED check in time, they at LEAST be given the opportunity to move through the security screening and attempt to get to the gate prior to departure. If at that point, we fail to catch the plane, shame on us for missing the flight.
                        Don’t take my word for it…check out the reviews of this airline on www.rateitall.com. You will see ALL airlines rated, and Allegiant has the most reviews to date (153) with the worst rating (2.35 of 5 stars) of all the airlines.
                        Needles to say, this is by far the worst display of customer service on the part of ANY company I have ever experienced!

• St
                        Stacy Russo Jun 18, 2010

Similar situation happened to me on Allegiant Airlines. I have never had to arrive at airport 2 HOURs prior to departure, but was told by Allegiant Airlines I could not get on my flight 45 minutes prior to departure. I asked if I could apply $ toward a different flight, fly standby and was told firmly "no, I would forfeit all of my money" READ THE FINE PRINT. This discount airline will get your money or your time somehow..trust me.

Allegiant Airlines — passenger handling

Do not fly Allegiant Airlines, we experienced a once in a lifetime, horrible ordeal with them. We checked in...