Alcatelcrap phones, crap service

O

Last summer, I purchased a phone from Cincinnati Bell. It was a flip phone made by a company called Alcatel. The phone was incapable of sending pictures and playing music, even though that was supposedly its main feature to rave about. One day, the charger stopped working. My phone lost charge and I had to keep it off, which was incredibly irritating. We went into a Cincinnati Bell and told what had happened. The lady said that we would have to mail in the phone so the Alcatel people could fix it. I got an even crappier "loan phone" which doesn't even have a camera. Two weeks later, we hadn't had any updates on my phone. We called and some worker answered in a foreign accent and said, "Hello? What is your name?" My dad said his name, and the response was: "And what is your name?" My dad said it again. The response: "And your name, sir?" My dad said his name and asked if the guy was clear. "Oh. OK." He said. That was 4 weeks ago. I want my phone back. I asked my dad what he was gonna do about it, and he said he called again and sent a nasty email, with no response. If I don't get my phone back, I have lost over 100 priceless photos and my SD card, which I stupidly left in my phone. I want my phone back NOW. It's not my fault Alcatel is run by incompetent fools who can't fix a freakin' phone, which is sorta their job! My family will never purchase an Alcatel phone again, and we are planning on switching to Verizon. Thanks, Alcatel.

• Ho
    HotDebbie May 04, 2010

I think that the key word here is STUPIDITY.

If you just bought a phone that is not working right, the logic thing is to take it back to the store and have it replace, not to wait until it stops working compleately.

Besides that, who leaves his SD card with his priceless pictures on a phone that is going to be send for repair??

• Ob
    obamagrrl2010 Jun 11, 2010

excuse me HotDebbie, i don't think u read my complaint right. it was working fine when i got it, and i'm only a 7th grader, so i don't have the ultimate power over which phone i get. and in case u havent noticed the economy kinda sucks, therefore further limiting my choices. i admitted that it was dumb of me to leave my sd card in, and i clearly forgot about it. so maybe read my complaint again to see what i mean.

~obamagrrl2010~

Criptix Subshock Oct 29, 2019

@obamagrrl2010 You are dumb as [censored] also quit riding Obama dumb hoe you know nothing about politics punk kid don't even bring up economy because if a 7th grader cant use a phone how could you know anything about the economy Obama sucking [censored]

• Sc
    Scott Hart Mar 06, 2012

I too have an Alcatel touch 990 from Cincinnati Bell. My wife and son inlaw also have one.We all have had nothing but trouble. Won't charge, wont hang up, after reaching a full charge phone would go dead in 2 hours of very little use, mp3 won't down load, wont ring screen would freeze up have to take battery out to re set. So many things I cant remember. The phones are less than 2 months old.
    Cincinnati bell wont stand behind the phones. Nothing but trouble.

• As
    Asiya5 Mar 31, 2014

I just purchased the alcartel smart phone. It should be named all to hell smart phone. Nothing but trouble from day one with this phone. I thought maybe it's me I need to get used to it but the touch pad is garbage. I can not text certain letters and areas on the screen just don't recognize your touch. Sometimes you can't answer the phone or hang up. I took the phone back and they said it would take 4 days to replace it through the manufacture. It's been a major inconvenience form day one and now I have to waste more time going back to the store for a replacement. I wish I stayed with samsung.

@Asiya5 Alcatel needs to retire

• So
    Soco May 13, 2014

Asiya5, you must have an alcatel one touch idol mini huh. I have the same problems with mine.

jasonDC1220 Jun 04, 2014

All their phones are sub par and pure trash. Wont download music zero storage space doesn't recognise touch on screen often... just trash

• Ri
    Ricky Yoder Jun 13, 2014

I have an Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020n or whatever.
    For $35 compared to a Huawei Valiant, it is bad. It was not and is not worth $35 dollars. I'm only keeping it because I don't want to annoy my family members to take me to MetroPCS (I'm 16) and get a Huawei, which was only $20.

The phone doesn't notify me of all my text messages through Google Hangouts. That's a problem.
    Very low storage space. I'm not impressed with that.
    Very low RAM. Also not impressed with that.
    Dual camera, but a pretty crappy inner camera. The outer is pretty good.

Google Chrome crashes when I try to use a web app that I made. This phone isn't even on my level. I optimized the app to a certain degree but it still crashes every now and then.

For $35, I sure as heck didn't get a decent phone in terms of hardware. The software is pretty outdated, too.
    What? I have to buy the newest Samsung Galaxy to get KitKat? That's not fair, considering Android is a FREE operating system.

• Ca
    Carla Dreamcatcher Jul 08, 2014

My husbandid didnt and I bought the Alcatel one touch evolve about thene month apart In december and mine In january by April we both noticed our screens would tun blk for for about 30 seconds when In operation I Dropped my Phone In water so I had to trash it, but my husbands phone would not charge so he Took It to metro they said phone was defEcted, they would mail It to The company & mail a new alcatel in 2 dAys, bUt in 2 days noThiNg so he called Metro pcs tHey said no shipments Came In they woulD call uS when It came In, 2weekS later The pHone came In & It didnt wORK & metro said he needed A new battery he got one and the Phone wOrked for a month then stopped charging and died again, metro said Its the battery, NO Its battery& phone defected.

• Ar
    arie azman Sep 16, 2014

i have alcatel one touch scribe easy 8000. i dont think tct has good company.. i and my brother has one alcatel phone. my brother have alcatel one touch glory 2s pro.. and both has a problem with camera stop working, and button unlock problem.. my phone also cant read sd card, need to restart when that happen. gallery loading too long, software lagging, become hot when use it..and automatically restart when its temperature are to hot.. already use my warranty to alcatel centre but, same problem.. when i read from inthernet, at gsmarena( http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_one_touch_scribe_easy-5332.php ) all of them got same problem.. and also i make a research about latest phone from alcatel ( one touch idol x+ ) octa core processor, 2gb ram.. that sound good phone.. but.. dont judge by its cover.. Unfortunately same problem.. become hot, software lagging.. and act. so .. moral of the story, dont even buy alcatel phone.

• Aa
    Aaa W Apr 19, 2016

I bought a Sprint phone at a local retailer and had problems from the start. I was unable to get help from the Sprint store and Sprint CS phone center. They referred me to the manufacturer ALCATEL. they referred me to a scam tech number who hacked my computer. I had no idea whom I had called. I thought it was a reputable company that would help me. I called back to speak to the supervisor who affirmed the hack/scam number and was not polite at all. Where can I buy a phone made in the USA with a call center in the USA? It seems that that is the only option if I want to be satisfied with any phone service these days, or just go back to a straight land line!!

• St
    stacey Duncan Apr 27, 2016

I had no idea this company even existed until I went into Sprint today. I have the Sprint Slate tablet. It is less than 6 mos old. I hate it & have since day 1. I tried to return it to sprint shortly after I got it. I was told that I would have to pay a $79 restocking fee. I wasn't going to do that so I've had to just deal. A month or so after I got it the screen started cracking & peeling. I have a life proof case on it since I got it & I've never dropped it. I have insurance on it too through Sprint. I took it in when the screen started peeling & was told I would have to pay the $80 deductible. I refuse to put more money into this than what I'm already stuck with. Last night it was at 100% charge. It dropped to 5% in less than 5 minutes. It had been charging fine so I wasn't sure what happened. I had tried from day 1 to find out who the manufacture was so I could call them myself. I had searched long & hard but could not find out who manufactured it & I'm very good at research. It's always been a passionate hobby for me. That was puzzling. I went back into Sprint today. I found out my soon to be ex had stopped paying the bill. Due to this Sprint refused to honor the insurance. I stated that it was still under the manufactures warranty. I was then told that the manufacturer wouldn't honor the warrenty due to the screen peeling. I explained that I hadn't dropped it & that it was another manufacturing defect to no avail. I then asked for the name of the manufacturer & their number. I had never heard of this company before. I'm done with Sprint b/c of this & many other issues. I will also be sticking with Apple products. I know from experience that Apple will work with you in regards to any of their products. They have replaced a few of my IPhone's that were completely out of warrenty for free. In my research last night I found that a class action lawsuit is pending against Sprint. I signed up immediately. Here is the website for anyone else who is fed up with Sprint. http://sprint4glawsuit.com

Criptix Subshock Oct 29, 2019

@stacey Duncan Apple Is gay like Alcatel and your tablet cracked because you looked at it too much not even a tablet can handle all that ugly

• Dg
    D G Nov 29, 2016

Alcatel pixel ( tracfone through HSN) Apps don't close or STAY closed.Wasted All but 3 minutes ( out of 1365 minutes) because Duckduck go didnt close. ran for almost a week straight! Other apps just popped open. What a piece of garbage. No more stupid 'smart' phones from Alcatel !

• Dg
    D G Nov 29, 2016

Touch screen is more like a finger hammering screen that STILL doesn't get it. Annoying beeps and settings, and just because you close an application doesn't mean the POS closed the damn application. They don't close- they pile on in the background. Damn Alcatel, and DAMN Tracphone !
    It's a great plan at a great price. So much value...
    Just like Obamacare.
    worthless POS!

• Jk
    Jk8038 May 10, 2018

A worthless piece of [censored]!! The battery isn't worth a damn, can't answer calls, I have to reset it every time I get off the phone just to text, when I press the button to call it takes awhile for the damn thing to actually do it, doesn't hang up when you want it to but hangs up during a conversation, memory sucks, every time I'm on the phone its opening up apps or going on speaker phone or muting because it's too sensitive, nothing but a piece of [censored], not ever buying one again, pretty [censored] when I look at the reviews and all I see are bad ones!! Doesn't even deserve one star!!

• Da
    Dave Sherratt Aug 28, 2018

Dear All

May I ask are you still trading? If so, how?
    Your level of customer service is lacking a respect to the customer. I have sent 3 emails to you, regarding the same problem, and still i have heard no reply nor have I any kind of solution to this problem.
    My network Virgin, answer straight off, as do Vauxhall, Hitachi and Sony.
    Regards

• Is
    IsLandQueen Nov 05, 2018

I have Alcatel Idol 5s .. it's a piece of crap. It cost $199 and it's acting up like crazy. When I type something it put in its own word. For example when I press p it automatically put in plk (letters that are close to the letter you pressed.) It freezes when I'm watching video . It doesn't recognize your fingerprint.smh I freaking hate it ... Waste of money

Criptix Subshock Oct 29, 2019

What we can conclude here is to never buy an Alcatel phone even as a throw away or emergency an Alcatel is the last type of phone you want to trust in an emergency

Chantelly Boom Nov 22, 2019

I can't seem to remember which one I have, but it works horribly. It says it has 8 g of space. But- under the battery is says 6?? Also 4g of that is system stuff and useless apps you cant delete. The weather app included in the phone showed up as malware, when i did a scan. Came with phone, so cant uninstall. the space that you can use, doesn't seem right. ATM I have no games installed and it says I have less then 500mb remaining. I have my written stories which take merely bytes, and some ebooks which range 200Kb to 3 or so MB. Shouldn't be taking up thst much space. I USED to be able to download a game. It almost seems like residual files and cache just sit there. I have tried countless file managers - even go through some files to see what's taking up all the space, and nothing . The battery... now that's another thing. If it charges, it dies fast. Either that or it charges super slow, like 5-10% an hour or it just doesn't charge at all. I can deal with the lack of space, as annoying as it is. If the phone won't charge, well then it's just a pointless piece of material. It's 1:26 pm, and has been on charger since 9am - stays stuck on 3%, and will automatically go to 0% when i turn the phone on. I can't even work on revising, and editing my novel now. 110% will not buy this brand ever again.