Airtel GPRS Connectionunable to access the facility on pc!

S

I purchased a prepaid connection of airtel because I intended to use the edge advantage that airtel provides. I got my mobile office services activated however till date didn't manage to access the facility on pc. I can access it on mobile. I've tried it on almost 3 different handsets, still none of the customer care agent is able to help me with computer settings.

I've spend 3-4 hrs a day since last 15-20 days on phone with customer care with no solution. Agents are so confused about the product & services they offer. Cannot explain even a single point correctly, always in hurry to wrap up the call and same case with the managers/supervisors. I don't know what they do if they are not cleared with the concepts.

Airtel without fail deducts rs. 12/- per day and it has charged me hell lot of money till now without giving me the services.
They even don't know what to do if they are unable to resolve any case. Not aware of the correct dept. Where they can escalate the issue. Also looking for refund for no service.

That was it, when I decided to write a complaint against this. It's just not working out - the attitude of the staff, how ill informed they are... What are they doing there in customer care department when they cannot cater for customers complaint, else don't even know where to direct them or guide them, properly.

I can't understand whom I should approach to get my problem solved. Now as a last resort I feel that the best thing to do is to give up my airtel connection.

Airtel india's number one service provider!!!

If this is number one - no comments : (...

• Ak
    akhilesh singh Jul 01, 2007

After activation of gprs service on mobile. now I want to connect my mobile with pc through data cable so many times we have called to airtel helpline 121 12121 but we didn't get any help. so many times we register complaint.

manish Sep 04, 2007

I entailed the nop99 service from airtel. one day when I was trying to call, I was surprised to find out that my balance is not sufficient to make a call. then I checked by balance. I was surprised to know that rs. 140 had been deducted from my account. I was not able to make it out. I called 121 but whenever I talked with the customer care executives, they got my phone disconnected. I made several attempts but not success. then one day I got success and when I asked them why my money is disconnected, I have not downloaded anything. they said you call us again then we will solve the problem. I called them again they said we have no idea why your money is deducted and said call call 121 again and give me other option. I again called on that option. they said we do not know anything we have not made deduction call 121 again with other option, they will solve your problem.in this way they made me to call from one option to other option of 121. I feel like sandwiched between two options of same 121. then I was surprised to know that my airtel live is active, which I have never subscribed for and also my mms service is actives, which I never called for. I asked them they said do not worry these are free sites unless used. but I have never subscribed for them, they said call again 121 they will tell you why. I have been constantly harrased by them. I am fed up what to do or not. I want some legal action against airtel. they are bloody thief.

Sagar Gaikwad Sep 18, 2007

I activate my airtel gprs connection 02 days back till I am not getting setting for that. I wasted my money. till date I not received setting for my mobile nokia 5200 setting

• Ak
    akhil Sep 20, 2007

Go to customer care and ask them the settings... I got settings from them and got activated within an hour after calling them... call them dont sms

• Ji
    jitendra k.shukla Sep 23, 2007

I activated my airtel gprs conection 4 days back till. and I am do not conected my mobile to pc I am call to customer care for many times but no result my no [protected]

• Pr
    prabin kumar nanda Sep 23, 2007

Sir,
    I wish to connect internernet on my pc through datacable. but I dont know how to connect to my pc so please help me. I am waiting to your e-mail.

Ankur Sep 30, 2007

I m unable to disconnect/deactivate my gprs plz help me.

anuj kumar jindal Oct 06, 2007

Dear sir,
    I have a airtel connection no. [protected]. I was not able to connect internet due to bad signal of 'g'. many time I was complained in gprs help line. everytime they give me a time either 48 hrs or 72 hrs. but problem not solved in last on date 02.10.07 they give me 15 days time. I was facing this problem from 13.09.07. finally I was decide to deactivate my gprs service. if any management are there please see the matter. my complaint no. is cmmgpc091802510100 & reference no. is [protected]. this is not a good sign for airtel.

Thanks
    Anuj jindal

• Ka
    kailash prasad Oct 26, 2007

After gprs facility on mobile. I have not get any setting so I cannot connect gprs. many times I complain in costumer care but no action taken. so please solve my problem.

• Ra
    raghu Nov 06, 2007

How can I am change my Airtel prepaid new tariffs for my old sim card.

• Ba
    Bala Nov 12, 2007

I have Airtel prepaid. I want to connect internet on my PC through data cable SE W700i. I dont know how to connect to my PC so please help me .Thank you for your time. Awaiting for your replay.

• As
    ASHWANI Nov 30, 2007

Hello, plz give me more information!

Santosh Singh Dec 13, 2007

I agree!

• Sh
    shashank Dec 16, 2007

1. I connect to internet using cell phone (sony e. k750i). I use bluetooth for connecting the computer to cell phone. I use airtel, unlimited internet facility (gprs). I registered airtel gprs package that provide unlimited net connection for computer.
    2. my problem is, my cell phone clearly connect with computer through bluetooth, but I connect internet, I get below error
    "registering your computer on the network error 734: the ppp link control protocol was terminated." my cell phone also displays "subscribe data packet first". but, I can easily browse internet on cell phone using same package. I am not getting "subscribe data packet first” error.

• Sh
    Shis Ali Jan 05, 2008

Airtel gprs is not working properly for the last 15 days. i registered a complaint 12 days back my complain number is [protected] but still am facing the same problem. i registered my complain on 24th dec 2007 they said it will be solved withing 4 days again after 4 days i contacted airtel they said it will be solved in 2 days... Again on 31st dec 2007 i contacted airtel the said gprs will work proprly from 3rd january 2008.

my gprs is still not working am still facing the same problem .
    calls to customer care executive has been blocked by airtel. i am really fade up ...
    please help ...

• Pa
    Pawan Chhetri Jan 18, 2008

My problem is, my cell phone clearly connect with computer through Bluetooth, but when I connect internet, I get the error below:-
    "Registering your computer on the network Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated."
    I am using a Nokia N72 phone. If you have a solution plz forward it to me on [protected]@rediffmail.com

• Pr
    Pradeep Kumar Jan 21, 2008

Yes, I do agree with the Poor or say No service from the Airtel. I have tried for GPRS Service on my PC from my phone but it always go fail in minute of time, I think, Airtel Should be sent to some good service provider or in some Good Countries like USA to see what actually customer means to a Company, the way they are moving will terminate them from India.

" Customer is a reason for their sustain, if they will reduce them, everyone can guess what can happen soon or later"

I hope Some sensible authority can do something about this.

• Vi
    vinod Feb 10, 2008

My mobile office is very very slow in daytime i called gprs customer care they told it will be solved in 72hrs but still i am facing a big problem as i am a business personal i need to check mail oftenly.

• Ud
    Udhaya Feb 16, 2008

hello friends, i am using Airtel gprs on my w700i. when i use this service on mobile its connected well. but when i connect with my pc the internet speed is very low. any one can help me to increase the speed of the internet. [protected]

• Ai
    airtellsucks Feb 22, 2008

Call 121 ---- ringing then publicity abt Their new packages and then choose your
    Language selection.
    1 for Eng 2 for Bong 3 For Hindi if some one prefer bong then she/he must listen a huge welcome , then you choose your particular quarry step by step by AirTel ‘s choice, ok No problem then finally a option comes for direct talking to your Customer Care line connected Nicely and then you listen “ write your problem within 130 words and send it 121.

Now you choose language option English , Same uninteresting Publicity ‘ve to listen By default then step by step finally you reach GPRS problem/quarry person in that time you may finish your news paper or play some nick knack pc game,
    GPRS CC appears with his blizzard voice with their helping attitude ,
    My name is this and that how can assist you , you are asking your probs
    They said ok. Which hand you use? What’s your number ? (Thank God not ask Sim no.)
    And finally they tried like that
    Go to Ur handset tool Folder ok?
    Now Go to setting option and open it ok!
    Hope you must see access point ok
    Now Open it select new access point choose Select default connection .
    Now come to previous stage You must see ‘Connection ‘ typed MOBILE (Space)OFFICE and fix it by the help of ok.
    Now go to Data bearer section select gprs and access point name fill it airtellgprs.com. ok?
    Yes, nothing to do user name+ prompt password+passward.
    Did you see home. Typed it http://google.com
    Ok,now switch off ur cell after 15 mins refill ur sim
    After that you can avail your facility. Good day ,

• Ai
    airtellsucks Feb 22, 2008

Think how much Frustrated i'm.

• Pa
    Pawan Chhetri Mar 04, 2008

Registering your computer on the network error: 734 the ppp link control protocol was terminated.

• Ud
    Udai Singh Choudhary Mar 29, 2008

I want some setting or software for boost up gprs net connection. if any body help I will be very thankful to him / her.

• Ka
    kamlesh Apr 16, 2008

Dis activated gprs service but still from last 10 days the 14.99rs per day is deducted from my acount & if I call to customer care service respond is very bad?

jagjeet May 20, 2008

Dis is my maharashtra number, and now I am in jharkhand. I had activated my gprs with the settings and it was activated.. due to slow service I wanted to deactivate my gprs. from one week I am trying to deactivate my gprs by typing gprsdeact but its not getting deactivated.. everyday I am getting charged for it..
    so plz kindly see to it that my gprs gets deactivated as soon as possible..

• He
    hemant Jun 05, 2008

hemant choudhari

• Um
    Umardon Jun 06, 2008

My airtel n. [protected] pe gprs activet nhi ho rha hai kyo help me plz

• Ha
    hariveen nain Jun 21, 2008

I bought a broad band connection for airtel... it is a joke... the signal is there so I am getting charged by the provider but it is never strong enough to provide me the service so I sit there without any connection paying the & company money without service... and now I can't even find a way to have the stupid thing disconnected. can anyone help me in getting the broadband canceled? please

• Am
    AMIT KUMAR Jul 05, 2008

R/sir,

I have mobile no. [protected] on roaming my gprs service
    Is not available/activate.
    Please do the needful at earliest.
    Thanks n regards

Amit kumar
    30/06, g. bagh,
    Patna

• Ha
    hamid Jul 09, 2008

How to connect my mobiel gprs service to pc. I have nokia mobiel 5200.

• Am
    AMIT BHAGWAT Jul 11, 2008

Hello
    Sir

Since last 1 month i'm tried to activate my gprs but I can't get setting for gprs

Last five day's they activate only service
    But can't give me any kind of setting
    My balance since last five day's reduced rs, 14.99 daily from my account.

But only b'coz of setting I ca't use it

Plz god say do something for it man

("someone said me airtel service is qick & fast... etc, etc is it?)

sahasrabudhe jayant Jul 20, 2008

In april I have taken india calling card at mumbai airport, but did not use it.500 rs are still there in the card.in the meanwhile I returned to india from dubai, what to do of that card, pl clarify.
    Yours
    J. b. sahasrabudhe
    Mobile no [protected]
    Serial no [protected] date 27-11-2007
    Card no [protected]

sahasrabudhe jayant Jul 20, 2008

in apria i purchased an India calling card from Mumbai airport, but could not use it, I returned back to India from Dubai, what to do of that card pl guide.
    yours j.b. sahasrabudhe
    mobile no [protected]
    card no [protected]
    serial no [protected]

• Tr
    tripurari botla varaprasad Nov 20, 2008

I was connected airtel brodband internet to my comp.
    Gave phone. now its not work.
    But internet is running.
    Telephone is not work before 2 days.
    Wts the problem.
    Gill nagar extn choolaimedu
    Chennain

• Su
    SURYA RAO Jul 30, 2009

I am from kharagpur, west bengal. my mobile no is [protected].
    I am unable to utilise airtel live & nop in my nokia 3120 classic handset,
    There is no settings in my mobile. I send sms live to 52567, 56465 also & nop to 52567,
    but there is no response. if any one know the settings pl tell on my e - mail id=[protected]@gmail.com