Air Canada — delayed flight ac1917 sept. 29, 2019
Flight number 1917 departing from Lisbon, Portugal to Toronto on Sept 29, 2019 sat on the tarmac for close to 5 hours. Boarding began at 11:50 am for a 12:50 departure. The flight was OVERSOLD, which I understand to be a regular practice however the removal of bags off the plane took an inordinate amount of time. Over 4 hours. We did not leave Portugal until 5:10 pm.
To make matters worse, the wifi which allows for 'entertainment' was not working throughout the entire trip AND I was charged for wine. Really?
When travelling in the past I have never hesitated in booking with Air Canada - after our last trip - I am afraid that that may no longer be true.
Under the Right to Compensation as outlined in Article 7 of the Regulation(EC)261/2004, I am requesting compensation of 600Euros.
6 Maberley Cres.
Toronto, ON M1C 3K8
More Air Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Aircanada.com / Aeroplan - Aeroplan sucks! 
- Air Canada / Aeroplan Card - Points were canceled without notification! 
- Air Canada - unwarranted change in itinerary 
- Air Canada - possible food poisoning 
- Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson Marketing - Redemption Rewards Services 
- Air Canada - charges for cancellation of refundable tickets purchased from agent
- Air Canada - flight canceled, no, help
- Air Canada - nerve wrecking flight from edmonton to calgary in broken aeroplane.
- Air Canada - missed connection and luggage problems
- Air Canada - downsize of the plane and didn't get on