Menu
Air Canada Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Air Canada
reviews & complaints

www.aircanada.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 605 Reviews

Air Canada Complaints Summary

24 Resolved
581 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Air Canada with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Air Canada has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Air Canada. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Air Canada reviews & complaints 605

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Air Canada reviews & complaints

5:18 am EST

Air Canada Complaining about the luggage

My name is Carole Elie Chammas, on December 17, 2022, I traveled from Beirut to Montreal, Canada, through London, using flight number [protected] and the reservation code is FIDFLX booking ref SWFEEA (airline: Middle East Airlines/Air Canada). I boarded an Air Canada flight from Heathrow and experienced a panic attack before takeoff. I asked the hostess if she could move me because I am overweight, and my seat was stretched on zone 5 at the end of the plane at 46 C but she was unable to do so because the flight was overbooked. Instead, she suggested that I take my seat and if I couldn't stay for 7 hours, I must exit the aircraft before takeoff because it was a long flight. It is truly unfortunate to see a travel company like Air Canada cannot solve this kind of problem or have any plan B for this kind of crisis. Staff are not responsible enough to help or assist this type of humanity, so I step down. I also believe that the Air Canada staff didn't try enough to help me and they didn't want to take any responsibility from their side on the plane during the travel time. Unfortunately, I did not anticipate receiving such poor treatment given that they were aware that this ticket was for a Middle Eastern Airline. I expected to work for a company that values people. I'm sorry to say that I won't be using Air Canada anymore. And now Where is my luggage? The nice gate attendant suggested that I pick up my luggage from counter 7 in terminal 2. So, I looked for it for three hours without finding it on counter 7 or anywhere. I went to the airport's luggage service to make a claim who advised me to go to Air Canada desk to release it as it is mentioned on their screen waiting to rebook a new flight, unfortunately I must leave the area without my luggage and without making any claim at the counter because this is the Air Canada's obligation. I went to air Canada desk outside on the fifth floor of terminal 2 who said that they cancelled it already and informed me to wait another 3 to 5 hours to get it, regrettably I couldn't go back inside the airport to get it and I was really tired from the incident of the plane and waiting time. So I therefore had to choose between Air Canada and the Heathrow airport luggage service. I looked around but I couldn't come up with a solution, so I went out to book a hotel and another trip to Beirut or to Canada as I was really tired. I made a new reservation with Middle East Airlines for a journey to Beirut for the 19th of December and not to Canada as it will cost me a fortune to meet my family in Christmas and when I tried to grab my bags on the 19th, I was unable to do so since I had to quickly transition from terminal 3 to terminal 2 with not enough time Because I was worried to miss my flight to beirut, therefore I made the decision to pick it up from home. Please find the receipt for my luggage and the boarding card enclosed for your convenience. If you need any additional details, call me at +[protected] or by e-mail at carole. [protected]@gmail.com

C. Chammas

N.B.: I've sent an e-mail to MEA airline here below the response

arah knio

Tue, 20 Dec, 13:35 (19 hours ago)

to me

Dear Mrs. Chammas,

Reference is made to your below e-mail.

Kindly allow us to inform you that your claim should be transferred to Air Canada and not ME. As per rules and regulations, the operating carrier is responsible and not MEA to handle your claim as they see fit regardless of the passenger’s ticket.

We hope that the above-clarified matters and that you will remain a loyal friend of MEA.

Sincerely yours,

Attachments

• Scanned by Gmail

10:25 pm EST

Air Canada Air Canada access to their customer relations department via email

It doesn’t make sense whatsoever when using the email below as suggested on this complaints board [protected]@aircanada.ca

You get back message blocked by Air Canada

‘Message blocked

Your message to [protected]@aircanada.ca has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.’ So it’s either the wrong information is being given on this site or AC is blocking the emails which is it ?

Desired outcome: Have an answer as to how on earth I can send an email to air Canada customer relations !

12:05 pm EST

Air Canada Preferred seating refund

Received confirmation from Air Canada on October 10, 2022 of seat refund as a result of Air Canada changing seats. After many calls and emails to Air Canada Customer Service we have not received the refund. We have been told it was refunded to credit card. Which it has not. Nor will customer service look into it further as they say it has been resolved. Very frustrated that they will not consider that there may be a glitch in their system and to investigate further. Interesting that they suggested to contact bank as they may hold the payment. We did follow this process and our bank confirmed there is no payment in the queue. But because there were 3 people traveling and the flight and preferred seating charges was on separate credit cards, it is not acceptable that Air Canada said it is the bank as the refund was not processed on these separate credit cards which are two different financial institutes. When speaking with Customer service I had asked to speak to their supervisor or manager. They said they do not have anyone to transfer the call to. Disappointing.

Desired outcome: Be refunded as per the notification from Air Canada saying they would.

L
5:30 pm EST

Air Canada Flight cancelled less than 24 hours and ruined our plans.

We got notified that our flight was cancelled later than supposed to be and made our plans effected so much by not giving us any other option. Not answering the phone, when we were waiting on hold for almost 4 hours.

We picked Air Canada specifically, because we thought it is a very good airline and this is what we got. We at least needed a rebook, but no one helped us by not answering and not contacting us at all. We were waiting for 2 days to get an alternative flight to at least got to our destination and no one was available to help us. We are hurt emotionally, and our money did not come back for us to be able to get another option. We already were in a very stressful situation and on top of that, this is too much. We need Air Canada to please compensate us and help our 2022 to end in a better situation.

Desired outcome: We need 4 tickets for our next trip at least, if possible, please!

E
11:55 pm EST

Air Canada Poor itinerary and baggage management

My trip with Air Canada began on Dec. 21st when I was attempting to fly from Halifax, NS, to Washington DC. The trip was originally planned to be from 4:35 PM AST to 9:51 PM EST, with an approximately two-hour layover in Toronto. The flight numbers were AC615 and AC8620, respectively.

Unfortunately, flight AC615 experienced a two-hour delay as a result of operational issues, meaning that I would not have had enough time to un-board the first flight, clear customs, and make it to boarding the next flight on the same day. Understandably, Air Canada automatically re-booked me for the same flight, AC8620, occurring on the next day, Dec. 22nd, providing me with an email and text messages to ensure that I was notified of this change. However, I also curiously received a text as soon as I landed in Toronto from Halifax saying that the original AC8620 was beginning its boarding procedure.

Now stuck in Toronto for what I thought would be only a day, I approached the nearest Air Canada customer service counter to seek advising. Here, I was redirected to the connections counter located beyond customs and international baggage to claim my compensation. Along the way, I stopped at baggage services to ensure that my check-in luggage was also being rerouted. The agent at baggage confirmed this for me and further directed me to the exact location of the connections counter. Unfortunately, the connections counter was experiencing a large number of travellers waiting in its queue, so another Air Canada agent redirected several of the travellers in line (including myself) to the check-in counters, saying that the agents that check-in would be able to assist us and also offset the workload at connections. Unfortunately, while waiting in line at check-ins we were told that re-bookings were not possible at that location and were advised to call the customer support line for reservation services to re-book, or approach the priority passenger counter to acquire compensation. Here, I was given meal vouchers, but when I explained that my flight plans had been set back by 24 hours, the agent at the counter simply said that "there are no hotels available" and refused to provide me with a hotel voucher.

The date was now Dec. 22nd. I made my way back through customs and security to reach the airport gates to await my re-booked trip. Unfortunately, two hours before the scheduled time to board, my new flight was cancelled - this time as a result of technical issues - and so I was once again redirected to the nearest Air Canada customer service desk. This, however, turned out to be the exact same loop of what I had experienced the day prior: redirected from customer service to baggage, then from baggage to connections, then from connections to check-ins, then from check-ins to the customer support line, all while being given no proper compensation in between. Instead, what I got was a text message saying that Air Canada was "actively looking to find an alternative flight that gets you back to your original destination. We'll email you with an update shortly." I received no such email update after more than three hours.

It was at this point I began making attempts to acquire a refund due to my dissatisfaction with Air Canada's services as well as the expectation that the anticipated snow storm approaching Toronto would only complicate situations further. It was here that I acquiesced to the direction to call customer support. After two hours of being on hold, I was connected with a representative, who told me to contact Expedia to the refund since I had purchased my travel itinerary through them initially. After spending hours on the phone with one of Expedia's representatives, it was revealed to me that Expedia was unable to authorize my refund as I was no longer legible for one - the stated reason was because my inability to make flight AC8620 on Dec. 21st listed me as a "no-show." As a result, the Expedia representative advised that I speak with an Air Canada agent to clear up such a discrepancy. Once again, I was directed by an Air Canada agent to contact the customer support line.

I began day two, Dec. 23rd, at Toronto's Pearson airport waking up after having apparently passed out while waiting on hold for customer support to reach me. It was at this point that I decided, for the sake of my own physical and mental health, I would have to book a hotel nearby and pay out of pocket for the expenses since I was continually denied a hotel voucher for my involuntary overnight stays. Once I was able to secure a hotel to stay at, I once again called Air Canada's customer support line, and this time was given the option to be called back directly by the next available representative. Once this happened, I was finally able to cancel my flight and get a full refund for all the inconveniences I had incurred, but this also meant that my check-in bag would have to be claimed as well.

I went back to baggage services and discovered that, even with proof that my trip was cancelled, Air Canada could not return my bag to me, as they were unable to exactly locate my bag, so they instead put my bag on World Tracer to purportedly help me stay updated on its whereabouts.

On the next day, Dec. 24th, I eventually discovered, from one of Air Canada's baggage representatives (NOT the World Tracer website) that my check-in bag was put on flight AC8616, a flight I was neither booked for nor notified of at any point on the World Tracer website. It was this final demonstration of negligence on Air Canada's part that prompted me to file this complaint.

As of writing, I am still in Toronto and am deeply frustrated with the overall negligence, mismanagement, and lack of proper communication that Air Canada has provided towards both its customers as well as to its own employees. This organization has demonstrated that, for all of the federal subsidies and unionization benefits it has enjoyed, it absolutely does not care about its customers and as such does not deserve any degree of support nor patronage from them.

Desired outcome: I want my bag returned to me ASAP as well as any outstanding compensations that I am legible for given the absolutely despicable circumstances I was relegated to by Air Canada's services.

1:17 pm EST

Air Canada bagage

We take a flight on decemer 23rd from Montreal connecting on Toronto and go to New orleans. We didn't receive our luggage and we are on a cruise! My traveler agent try to comunicate with you and there is nobody who answer... too much calls!

Can you please tell me what she can do to comunicate with you?

her name is Sylvie Demers, from Voyages ALM and her phone number is [protected]

8:40 am EST

Air Canada Refund

I Karen Bellamy mad a reservation on 6/4/2020 to go to Tokyo Narita with

Air Canada Flight 8031 to leave on September 29, 2020 to leave from

Philadelphia, Pa. and connection to Pierre Elliott Trudeau Intl. and take Flight

Air Canda 5 my booking was thru Vayama.

I had contacted Both Air Canada customer service and Vayama they both are

giving me the run around about who should give me my refund due to the

situation of the reservation not being made but my payment of $511.99 was taken on my Discover credit card. my email is [protected]@yahoo.com cell phone

[protected] .

I will enclosed copy of the information. The trip was never made due to someone

mistake.

Desired outcome: I want my refund cause the trip was paid for by your company which I never tookVayama Trip ID KUSW-8616460.

R
12:06 pm EST

Air Canada flight 1678 from yyz to mco 14 oct 2022

on oct 14 2022 i was a passenger on flight 1678 from YZZ to MCO. it was uupposed to leave at 17:55.after 5 gate changes and time changes we finally boarded the aircraft after midnight. iwe did not land until after 2 am.

I missed my ride home because i could not expect my neighbor too wait for me in the airport until whatever time i was going to get there. i had to pay a taxi to take me home. i will try to attach the bill or forward it to you.

Desired outcome: i think you owe me compensation for my troubles. at least a refund of my taxi fare,among other considerations.

I
5:17 pm EST

Air Canada Quality of service - flight November 11, Calgary-Frankfort

I am a Canadian citizen and have for the most part supported our national airline, which by the way has been rescued by the government on several occasions. I flew on a Air Canada/ Lufthansa partnership. While in Europe, also flew Air Austria. What an unbelievable difference, I was floored at the quality of service and the food served. I was given real cutlery and cloth napkins! A real hot meal with dessert! For a 2.5 hour flight! I was served countless beverages and given chocolates. But what made me angry is that I was also not charged for luggage……what has happened to our National Airline? What an embarrassment.

Why is it the every other airline seems to have better service and far superior food than our own?

• Upon arriving to check-in in Calgary, none of the Air Canada staff seemed interested in assisting anyone. All chuckling and carrying on in the corner. I had a few questions but no one even looked my way. I had arrived 3.5 hours early for my flight and the Air Canada counter was basically empty.

• You charged for first piece of luggage $75 and $125 for the second on an international flight!

• You served a meal that was inedible, overcooked, flavorless mush that looked like pasta. A salad that was nothing but shredded iceberg lettuce with a couple of hair thin strands of carrots. With plastic/wooden cutlery and paper napkin. I had the bun for dinner, on a 9 hour flight.

• For the first breakfast going to Frankfort I was given a small cold croissant and a coffee No cutlery, no napkin, no tray, no juice.

• For the second breakfast coming back from Frankfort, I was given a box filled with what looked like a quesadilla, too hot to the touch to eat and by the time it cooled down to eat, it was glue. No cutlery, no napkin, no tray, no juice.

Desired outcome: I would like a sincere response

12:52 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Air Canada Customer Relations Never Answering Emails and No Phone Active Case CAS-4734769-C3V6Z8

I've contacted customer service over 10 times in addition to many emails and I haven't gotten anything resolved. This is absolutely unacceptable. I have never received a check pay out for my baggage that was delayed over 3 days. This was the original request:

I had my baggage delayed from Saturday, July 2nd around 8 am until Tuesday July 5th with flight AC133. Originally the customer service representative told me it would be delivered at midnight on July 2nd, but then it was delayed 3 days following the proposed time. I am displeased with the service, and I am asking for compensation for all purchases relating to not having the equipment for my intended trip. Please keep in mind that my planned accommodations were camping, and by not having the equipment needed to partake in this activity seriously impacted the intended purpose of my trip.

Desired outcome: Payment for my baggage.

6:20 pm EST

Air Canada Baggage missing/delayed

This is regarding reference file UIOUA16036

Baggage with tag number: [protected]

Passenger Name: Ivan / Last Name: Coronel

Small green baggage is missing for many days and Air Canada is not doing anything to search this missing bag (it is a carry-on baggage which was requested by airline boarding agent to sent to storage), all the time I call the agents are only reading the system notes with the same news and nothing else (agents tell me that all is in United Airlines side but it is not true) since United Airlines doesn't have that scan in their side. United never received that baggage.

Air Canada at Houston Airport never answers.

I have called several times to Air Canada and United Airlines to identify the issue and try to find out a solution (I'm doing what Air Canada must do which is search that baggage)

My name is Christian Ceron

Cel phone: +[protected]

Desired outcome: Baggage located and sent to the destination city (Quito) or returned to original location in Canada (Oshawa)

Read full review of Air Canada and 1 comment
1 comment
C.G. Tanner
Gravenhurst, CA
Dec 19, 2022 10:58 pm EST

I am still waiting to hear where my CARRY ON BAGGAGE is. Taken from flight by someone else in July and not seen since. Filed reports, followed up with Air Canada many times, filled out missing report immediately and given a file number. I do not know what is happening because no one replies to my emails and the phone contact is useless. I never find out anything Can someone help. Christine Tanner

10:27 am EST

Air Canada Luggage straps missing

Hi I was told to file my complaint on the loss and found of the website. Here is my number [protected]. I explained in my case that my 2 black luggage straps were lost by someone behind the check in process. I just received a reply today saying they have not be found. I react the belt cost replaced $$ I have a copy of the purchase price if needed. Please respond soon since this has been about 5 weeks. Thank

Desired outcome: Compensation for the 2 straps.

10:55 am EST

Air Canada Transfers at Cancun airport

We bought a week's package from Air Canada Holidays for a stay at Zoetry Resort in Cancun. The hotel transfers were included.

Upon arrival at Cancun Airport we contacted Air Canada Holidays staff. They found our names on the list but asked for a Transport Voucher. We explained that this was not necessary for an all inclusive holiday.

After on hour of waiting and being sent from one person to another one of the Air Canada transport staff suggested that we take a taxi since they need a transport voucher. We did that and paid 128 USD return. We bought a both ways ticket since we had no assurance that Air Canada Holidays will do anyhing about our transfers.

We travelled together with Mrs and Mr, Peter Freankel.

We are asking for a refund of 128 USD.

Invoice

MONTREAL QC H3A 3J6

CA

[protected]@uniglobelexus.com

Passenger Information

First name(s) and name(s)

1 MR MICHAEL FLORIAN

2 MRS JUDITH FLORIAN

Flight Information

Outbound Flight From To Via Class Passengers

AC926 Montreal (YUL)

SAT 03-DEC-2022

Departure 08:15

Cancun / Mayan Riviera (CUN)

SAT 03-DEC-2022

Arrival 13:10

Business Class 1-2

Inbound Flight From To Via Class Passengers

AC927 Cancun / Mayan Riviera (CUN)

SAT 10-DEC-2022

Business Class 1-2

Package Details

Hotel Description Destination Check-In Check-Out Nights Occupancy Passengers

ZOETRY PARAISO DE LA BONITA RIVIER MAYA*

Ocf 1Bedroom Suite Terrace AllInclusive Cancun / Mayan Riviera 03-DEC-2022 10-DEC-2022 7 Dbl 1-2

Transfers Description From To

Invoice Details

Passengers Amount Taxes and Fees Per passenger

[protected] Page 2

1 MR MICHAEL FLORIAN 2926.25 482.75 3409.00

Save Book Before 4 months prior (100.00)

2 MRS JUDITH FLORIAN 2926.25 482.75 3409.00

Save Book Before 4 months prior (100.00)

Product(s) Amount Taxes and Fees Per Product

ACV PLAN

CareFlex SUN 198.00 0.00 198.00

Booking Gross Amount 6725.43 CAD

American Express 6716.00 CAD

Remarks and Special Requests

Careflex is only applicable to new bookings of select vacation

packages and must be purchased at time of booking by all passengers

sharing a room accommodation. Careflex is non-refundable, and is

not applicable to group bookings, car rentals, excursions

Other restrictions may apply. For full details

please visit our Travel Protection page on www.aircanadavacations.com

For the redemption of CAREFLEX program, please contact our Customer

Care department at [protected], option 2.

and/or Attraction Tickets.

Customer acknowledges risks related to the spread of infectious

or contagious diseases. It remains the customer's responsibility

to take the necessary precautions applicable to any health hazards,

including but not limited to Covid-19. To ensure the safety of all

guests and employees, resorts may have mandatory safety protocols in

place, and the availability of their services and facilities may be

impacted.

Prices include all applicable reductions. Upon receipt of full

payment and all applicable fees, electronic tickets will be issued

between 30 and 14 days prior to departure. For reservations made 7

days or LESS prior to departure, electronic tickets will be made

available within 24 to 48 hours. Travel agent must obtain the

signature of each card holder authorizing all charges, and may be

required to provide credit card imprints upon request to Air Canada

Vacations at any time. Travel agencies are responsible for any

chargebacks. All requests are transmitted to the concerned suppliers

and are not guaranteed. If the price increased following the

imposition of a surcharge on fuel by the carrier or an increase in

the exchange rate, insofar as the exchange rate applicable 45 days

before the date on which the services are provided has increased by

more than 5% since the date on which the contract was entered into;

and/or if the increase, without taking into account any increase in

the Québec sales tax or Canada's goods and services tax, is equal to

or greater than 7% of the price of services, the customer may choose

between full and immediate reimbursement of the services or the

provision of similar services.

[protected] Page 3

[protected] Page 4

Desired outcome: Refund

11:05 am EST

Air Canada Luggage delay

Took a trip to Kenya departing Nov.17, 2022 - Air Canada Flight 842 via Frankfurt, from where I was transferred to Eurowings Flight No. 4Y136 which arrived in Mombasa Nov.19. Upon arrival my one checked suitcase, for which I was issued a baggage tag No.341203, was missing. Staffs at Mombasa airport were able to track the same and found it was never loaded by Air Canada on to the plane I took to Frankfurt.

That delay resulted in considerable inconvenience to my host being my brother and his family. They found me some used clothes to wear which were ill-fitting and embarrassing to the point that I could not attend family gatherings or our mosque where I was expected to meet some important people. I was also given on old pair of swim trunks which barely fit to go to the beach.

Knowing that the bag had been tracked and would follow, I could not indulge in a new wardrobe or replacement items and had to put up with looking like a pauper for at least 5 days before my suitcase showed up.

This kind of delay is simply unacceptable for an airline of Air Canada's stature. It is simply incompetence not to load a checked bag onto the plane.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response with an apology and how they plan to compensate me for the inconvenience and humiliation. I intend to take this to small claims court if I am not sufficiently compensated for this ridiculous delay.

12:04 pm EST

Air Canada Check In First Class passenger in Orlando Airport

A drunken employee checks in the First Class passengers in Orlando Airport.

I tried to complain and ask him, as well as his associates at the Check-In about his name. They told me they cannot tell me his name.

I ask for the manager or supervisor, and they told me that she is at the gate. when I arrived at the gate, I asked if the supervisor is here and the people told me no she’s not, and they asked me if they can help me.

I said that I was told that supervisor is at the gate and repeat it, that she it not.

again, I asked for names, and everybody told me we are not allowed to give any kind of name, not my own name and not the supervisors name and not the agents name no name at all.

So: how could someone complain, if passengers can’t get the name of the agents at the airport.

Anyway, Canada airlines supports people who are working drunken and I think it’s important to make it public so people should choose a different airline.

Update by Jamesb07
Dec 11, 2022 12:07 pm EST

I think, Canada Airlines need to teach their employees who are paying their salaries. Those agents don’t understand, that the passengers are paying flight tickets and this is the money how the company can send them their paychecks.

1:30 am EST

Air Canada Delayed flight, missed connection, downgraded airline, delayed luggage

My international flight was scheduled for Nov 28 from Ottawa via Air Canada. I missed my connection due to technical issues with the air canada air craft. I had to reschedule my flight for next day. Went to the airport to catch Flight AC461 at 4:55pm. The flight was delayed to 6:20pm and I missed my connection to Doha the second time. I was put on a Turkish airlines while I had paid more for a Qatar airline ticket. There was no compensation. My checked in baggage was also delayed as the baggage was not moved to the Turkish airlines at the time of my boarding. I was informed by the Turkish airlines at the time of boarding.I had to pursue delayed baggage claim upon arrival and then for 3 days after.

Desired outcome: Monetary compensation for my lost time- I Lost a day of my work, delayed baggage and downgrading of my flight without my prior approval or information.

E
9:48 am EST

Air Canada Lack of service in retrieving an item left on the plane

I left an Ipad at my seat here in Calgary on a return flight back to Mexico. They refused to let me back on the plane to grab it. They told me I would have to go online and file a "lost and found" form and that it may take up to 90 days.

This is absurd as it should have just been taking off the plane when it was cleaned and turned into the lost and found desk for Air Canada at the termina.

They then sent the ipad back to Mexico... and are not allowing me to contact anyone at the Air Canada Lost and Found to retrieve this item.

Desired outcome: Return my Ipad

7:39 pm EST

Air Canada Flights cancelled twice, no notification

BEWARE OF UNITED AIRLINES, AND AIR CANADA

On July 15, I hired Kathy Gill, Busy Time Travel, Avoya Network to become my agent regarding an upcoming trip to Churchill Manitoba. She arranged flights with United Airlines and Air Canada for November 1, 2022. Twice my flight were cancelled. Neither time my flight was rescheduled, nor did the airlines notify me.

On October 11, I called Air Canada to ask which gate I should arrive at. They told me that my flight had been cancelled on Sept. 12. Had I not contacted Air Canada about departure information, I would not have known. I spent hours with both airlines in the next two days. I was charged another $163 from Air Canada. I had to purchase new flights to Winnipeg. United told me I was due a refund of $26, and refused to give it to me. I informed both United and Air Canada that only I be allowed to make any further changes. They both agreed that only I would be able to make any changes.

On October 31, Gill emailed me. She stated my entire, original $805 United/Air Canada charge was disputed by me. It was not. Once again, I had to call the airlines to confirm that her allegations were incorrect. Once again, much more wasted time and stress.

Again, on October 31, less than 13 hours before my departure, Gill cancelled my flights with United and Air Canada. The airlines never informed me. They allowed Gill to cancel the flights that I made on October 11, despite their assurances that Gill would noy be allowed to intervene. I spent hours again on the telephone hours before departure hoping that I would be allowed to depart. This new flight resulted in a three hour earlier departure, with an extra stop in Chicago. On November 1, I had to spend more of my vacation time trying to arrange another flight home.

On October 12, I sent a letter to the Scott Kirby, the CEO of United. A copy is enclosed. I also emailed a letter to Michael Rousseau, the CEO of Air Canada. Of course, neither responded.

These airlines have caused me many, many hours of work, stress and extra expenses. This has been a pitiful experience for me. They have nearly sabotaged my entire $8000 trip to Churchill, Manitoba.

I believe that I am eligible for compensation and refunds.

Tony Raymond

900 Grand Plaza Drive

NHCCR

Houston, Texas 77067

Dear Mr. Kirby,

After three of your agents refused to provide me with your address, an agent with United instructed me to contact you directly. I am exasperated with my treatment both by Air Canada, and United Airlines.

On July 13 I booked my trip to Winnipeg. On October 11, I called AC to ask what gate I check in at BWI. I was told that my flight was cancelled. I asked when. I was told September 12. I asked why no one had contacted me. He said someone should have, but provided no explanation. He said I had an $805 credit waiting for me. I asked for a new booking. He refused, and said to call United. United refused to book me a new flight, and said to call Air Canada. Someone named Mark answered, and said he was with Air Canada . He booked me a new flight, but charged me an additional $167. He said the price had increased. I called United, and the supervisor said that not only had I been overcharged, but the cost of the flight was now $26 less. United refused my requests for both refunds.

I made a previous complaint that same day. The case number is [protected]. This email response indicated that I had a skype interview. I do not do skype. This email had a "do not respond" indicator. So, once again I called United. I was told someone would call me after 2 pm on October 18. Did I receive a call-course not. Instead, I get another complaint #[protected]. This complaint appears to be just another waste of my time.

I have since learned that you did not have any of my personal contact information. How can you make a reservation for a traveler without having any information, so they can be notified directly? How can you and/or Air Canada cancel a flight, and not provide a refund? How can you overcharge someone to make a new flight?

I really resent the way I have been treated, and I hope that you will take measures to see others are not dealt with in such a manner.

October 20, 2022

Micharl Rousseau

CEO

Air Canada

Dear Mr. Rousseau,

An agent with Air Canada instructed me to contact you directly. I am exasperated with my treatment both by Air Canada, and United Airlines.

On July 13 I booked my trip to Winnipeg. On October 11, I called AC to ask what gate I check in at BWI. I was told that my flight was cancelled. I asked when. I was told September 12. I asked why no one had contacted me. He said someone should have, but provided no explanation. He said I had an $805 credit waiting for me. I asked for a new booking. He refused, and said to call United. United said to call AC. I called your [protected]. Someone named Mark answered, and said he was with AC. He booked me a new flight, but charged me an additional $167. He said the price had increased. I called United, and the supervisor said that not only had I been overcharged, but the cost of the flight was now $26 less. United refused my requests for both refunds.

I made a previous complaint that same day. The case number is CAS-5164597-t5c046. This complaint appears to be just another waste of my time.

I have since learned that you did not have any of my personal contact information. How can you make a reservation for a traveler without having any information, so they can be notified directly? How can you and/or United cancel a flight, and not provide a refund? How can you overcharge someone to make a new flight?

Mon 10/31/2022 5:42 PM

Tony,

We are cancelling flight Airline Reference C738KG

Itinerary

Total 2hr 9m

Destination 1

2hr 9mAirline logoUnited Airlines 1857 • Class G • Economy • view itinerary on airline's website

Departing Nov 01, 2022 06:32 AM Baltimore/Wash International Thurgood Marshall Airport Baltimore, MD BWI

Arriving Nov 01, 2022 07:41 AM O'Hare International Airport Chicago, IL • Terminal 1 ORD

Seats 26D • Airline Reference C738KG • Miles 538 • Boeing 737-800

Total 1hr 44m

Destination 2

1hr 44mAirline logoUnited Airlines 4755 • Class G • Economy • view itinerary on airline's website

Departing Nov 01, 2022 08:45 AM O'Hare International Airport Chicago, IL • Terminal 2 ORD

Arriving Nov 01, 2022 11:29 AM Pearson International Airport Toronto, Canada • Terminal 1 YYZ

Seats 19C • Airline Reference C738KG • Miles 378 • Embraer ERJ-175 (ENHANCED WINGLETS)

UA4755 is operated by Skywest Airlines

Total 2hr 45m

Destination 3

2hr 45mAirline logoUnited Airlines 8637 • Class G • Economy • view itinerary on airline's website

Departing Nov 01, 2022 02:10 PM Pearson International Airport Toronto, Canada • Terminal 1 YYZ

Arriving Nov 01, 2022 03:55 PM Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport Winnipeg, Canada YWG

Seats not assigned • Airline Reference C738KG • Fare Basis GNA5A1TG • Miles 811 • Airbus Industrie A321-100/200

UA8637 is operated by Air Canada - AC265

Total 6hr 4m

Destination 4

2hr 35mAirline logoUnited Airlines 8484 • Class K • Economy • view itinerary on airline's website

Departing Nov 07, 2022 10:40 AM Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport Winnipeg, Canada YWG

Arriving Nov 07, 2022 02:15 PM Pearson International Airport Toronto, Canada • Terminal 1 YYZ

Seats not assigned • Airline Reference C738KG • Fare Basis KNA2A1TG • Miles 811 • Airbus Industrie A320-100/200

UA8484 is operated by Air Canada - AC262

Connection

2hr 5m

1hr 24mAirline logoUnited Airlines 8128 • Class K • Economy • view itinerary on airline's website

Departing Nov 07, 2022 04:20 PM Pearson International Airport Toronto, Canada • Terminal 1 YYZ

Arriving Nov 07, 2022 05:44 PM Baltimore/Wash International Thurgood Marshall Airport Baltimore, MD BWI

Seats not assigned • Airline Reference C738KG • Fare Basis KNA2A1TG • Miles 300 • Canadair Regional Jet 900

UA8128 is operated by Air Canada - AC8682

This will be cancelled today unless I hear from you otherwise. This is the flight that you $805.64 paid.

Kathy Gill

From: Kathy Gill

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2022 1:09 PM

To: Tony Raymond

Subject: Re: Urgent Frontier Trip

Tony,

They are telling me you must provide proof that you paid the $779.00 directly to United or Air Canada. You can do this by taking a picture of statement where you paid and send it to me at [protected]. Can be done in a text. Then I will send it to them.

Issue is they way it is showing in the system the funds were there and they just rebooked. This needs to get cleared up.

Kathy

From: Tony Raymond

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2022 12:01 PM

To: Kathy Gill

Subject: Re: Urgent Frontier Trip

Kathy,

My NEW flight was not disputed with my credit card company. I have had to arrange this new flight tomorrow. It has been paid for. The new flight was $779. United has refused to provide a refund, stating my travel agent should have arranged this. If no one interferes than I should make this flight tomorrow.

Please do not interfere now.

Tony Raymond

Desired outcome: I an due compensation and refunds

4:12 pm EST

Air Canada [protected] - $53.00, [protected] - $21.00 Charges on my Visa Card

I booked extra leg room on Ticket #4ON86R with Infinity Web Solutions (US).

The original ticket #:[protected] issued to Davis Simon Edgar for travel

November 17,2022 to December 1,2022 was cancelled because his mother died while he was visiting.

Infinity refunded their portion in a voucher to travel before September14, 2023.

I, Maureen Charles, wife of Davis Simon Edgar, is requesting a refund in a voucher form for the portion above charges on my Visa card that was paid to Air Canada, please.

Thank you.

Maureen Charles

[protected]

Desired outcome: Please provide a voucher to match the other portion of leg room that was paid.Voucher for Davis Simon Edgar.

D
5:11 am EST

Air Canada Air Canada Flight Disruption claim 4L5GC4

Hello

Please review my case Flight Disruption Claim / 4L5GC4 / [protected] / / 2022/11/17 2:37 PM AC:[protected]. I was stranded in Deet Lae, NL from Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2022, and all I was given was a 20.00 meal voucher. I was told I would receive 2400.00 in the mail. AC has sent 1000 email transfers and I fear you will now close this, but it is not resolved. Please contact me and explain why I am not being fully compensated for my lost time, wages, and the aggravation of being stranded. My case number is CAS-5284820-B3F7L0 . I

Desired outcome: I want what was promised to me at the airport for the disruption, which was 2400.00. You can not lie to your passengers and expect no push back. email chain added

Air Canada In-depth Review

Overall Rating: Air Canada provides a satisfactory overall experience for travelers. While there are areas for improvement, the airline generally meets expectations.

Booking Process: The booking process with Air Canada is straightforward and user-friendly. The website allows for easy navigation and offers a variety of options for flights, including flexible dates and destinations.

Flight Experience: Air Canada offers a comfortable and enjoyable flight experience. The cabin crew is friendly and attentive, and the seats are generally comfortable. The airline provides a good selection of in-flight amenities to enhance the journey.

Customer Service: Air Canada's customer service is generally reliable and helpful. The airline has a dedicated customer service team that is available to assist passengers with any queries or concerns. However, response times can sometimes be slow.

Baggage Policy: Air Canada's baggage policy is reasonable and allows for a sufficient amount of luggage. The airline provides clear guidelines on baggage allowances and fees, making it easy for passengers to understand and comply with the policy.

In-Flight Entertainment: Air Canada offers a wide range of in-flight entertainment options to keep passengers entertained during their journey. The selection includes movies, TV shows, music, and games, catering to various interests and preferences.

On-Time Performance: Air Canada generally maintains a good on-time performance record. While delays can occur due to unforeseen circumstances, the airline makes efforts to minimize disruptions and keep passengers informed about any changes to their flight schedules.

Food and Beverage: Air Canada provides a satisfactory selection of food and beverage options on board. The meals are generally of good quality and cater to different dietary preferences. However, the variety could be improved.

Loyalty Program: Air Canada's loyalty program, Aeroplan, offers a range of benefits and rewards for frequent flyers. Members can earn points on flights and redeem them for various perks, including upgrades and free flights.

Safety Measures: Air Canada prioritizes the safety of its passengers and adheres to strict safety protocols. The airline regularly updates its safety measures to ensure a secure and comfortable travel experience.

Destinations and Routes: Air Canada offers a wide range of destinations and routes, both domestic and international. The airline provides convenient connections and options for travelers to reach their desired destinations.

Pricing and Value for Money: Air Canada's pricing is generally competitive, offering good value for money. The airline frequently offers promotions and deals, allowing passengers to save on their flights.

Accessibility and Special Assistance: Air Canada provides accessibility and special assistance services for passengers with disabilities or special needs. The airline offers support and accommodations to ensure a comfortable and inclusive travel experience for all passengers.

Business Class Experience: Air Canada's business class experience is top-notch. The airline offers luxurious amenities, spacious seats, and personalized service to enhance the comfort and convenience of business travelers.

Economy Class Experience: Air Canada's economy class experience is generally satisfactory. The seats are comfortable, and the airline provides basic amenities to ensure a pleasant journey for economy class passengers.

Frequent Flyer Benefits: Air Canada's frequent flyer program, Aeroplan, offers a range of benefits and rewards for loyal customers. Members can enjoy priority boarding, lounge access, and other exclusive perks.

Website and Mobile App: Air Canada's website and mobile app are user-friendly and provide a seamless booking experience. The platforms offer easy navigation, real-time flight updates, and convenient features for managing bookings.

Airport Facilities: Air Canada operates in airports with modern and well-equipped facilities. The airline provides comfortable lounges, efficient check-in counters, and other amenities to enhance the overall airport experience for passengers.

Sustainability Initiatives: Air Canada is committed to sustainability and has implemented various initiatives to reduce its environmental impact. The airline focuses on fuel efficiency, waste reduction, and carbon offset programs to promote eco-friendly travel.

Complaints and Resolutions: Air Canada handles complaints and resolutions in a professional and timely manner. The airline has a dedicated customer service team that addresses passenger concerns and strives to find satisfactory resolutions.

How to file a complaint about Air Canada?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, please ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one by providing the necessary details and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, briefly summarize the main issue you have encountered with Air Canada. Make it concise yet descriptive enough to convey the essence of your complaint.

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Air Canada. Include key areas such as booking issues, flight delays or cancellations, customer service interactions, baggage problems, or any other service-related concerns. Mention any specific transactions, including dates, flight numbers, and any correspondence with the company. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, the steps you took to resolve it, and how the company responded. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, such as causing missed connections, additional expenses, or significant inconvenience.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant supporting documents such as receipts, boarding passes, correspondence, or photos. Please ensure you do not include sensitive personal information in the documents you are uploading for your own security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Air Canada. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, compensation, an apology, or any other form of resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors, and verify that all information provided is correct.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint or review on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, make sure to regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates related to your complaint or review. Engage with any responses if necessary to further your case.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Air Canada contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Air Canada?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Air Canada Customer Service. Initial Air Canada complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Air Canada above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Air Canada. Discuss the issues you have had with Air Canada and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.