Africa Housing Company / Afhco Property ManagementRefund not done (deposit and rent)

P Aug 20, 2020

On the 24/07/2020, I have made an arrangement to view an apartment at Afhco Station view. That happened smoothly I viewed 308 and I was willing to take it. The agent (Siyabonga) did the application on my behalf although he hesitated to get me the lease, saying he was too busy. Eventually he send me a watsapp to say I was approved and he gave me the payment details. I went to the bank to do a transfer on the 03/08/2020. So I send him the proof of payment and went to the place later that evening to sign the lease agreement. When we arrived at the Station view the agent said he was in a hurry and can't go upstairs, we should just sign the lease and the building manager will take us upstairs to sign the snag form. when we went upstairs I was surprised to see that they are moving us in to an apartment that we never viewed and I didn't like it's layout at all. I went to the bank to recall the transfer and it was declined by Afcho. I have since been sending e-mails to their customer service and there's no response all I get is their automated response. I have been calling and they just keep transferring me from one line to another. I then phoned the agent he said he will submit my query and they will refund within 7 days, when I phoned again he said, he gets that I am frustrated but I am not the only customer they are dealing with. I don't want anything I just want my money back so that I can pay rent where I am currently staying. The payment reference was Staf0305 Prudence.

RESOLVED

• Good Day PrudenceN,

Thank you for bringing your query to our attention.

We are investigating and we will contact you with feedback within 48 working hours.

Should you need any further assistance or require any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or telephonically on [protected].

Kind Regards