Menu
BH Management Services
reviews & complaints

BH Management Services
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

24 complaints
3 resolved 21 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of BH Management Services. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
1:52 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Upon moving into my third apartment at West End at City Center in Lenexa, KS (on 8/9/21), the bathroom sink handle was broken and there was a light not working above the bathroom vanity. Also, the exhaust fan was connected to the vanity lights instead of the shower light or on its own switch. I spoke with the office about it and made a work order. They came...

G
2:55 pm EDT

BH Management Services - False move-out damage in order to keep security deposit

Was a tenant in a BH property for four years, and was a very good tenant. Upon move-out the very poorly run property management office failed to show up for the walk through that they scheduled and then submitted pictures of "damages" which included drill holes in the kitchen ceiling which were from a fixture that they removed and a picture of a microwave vent. Without any prior correspondence I get access to these photos along with an electronic bill for $115 as they were taking my security deposit of $400.00 and I needed to pay $115.00. I contacted corporate and the regional manager, the regional manager did realize that the drill holes were from a fixture removal. However, I am still falsely being charged $200.00 in fees for cosmetic issues and alleged damage to a used microwave. This microwave was put into my unit about a year ago by maintenance and I have not touched it. The microwave functioned until the day I moved out. Its very odd to me that after I move out there is suddenly damage to the vent which amounts in $200.00. How can anything be trusted from a property management team that attempts to charge you hundreds of dollars for drill holes from a previous fixture that they removed?

It has been very difficult for me to get in contact with someone from corporate about the matter as I'd like to get my lawyer involved. Luckily my security deposit was only $400.00 because I can't imagine how upset I would be if I had to fight to get a larger amount back. I would like my entire security deposit back. The point is that being dishonest at the expense of renters is horrible and a poor way to do business. BH has proven to be a for-profit company to its core; there is no loyalty and no consideration for others. Their objective is to acquire money at the expense of their tenants.

I would definitely be cautious about renting with them. This is my first bad experience as a renter in 20 years. If you do decide to rent with them be very cautious and whatever you do please don't fall prey to property management scheduling a move-out walk through and then canceling, because they will use this as a opportunity to take full advantage of you when you move out.

Desired outcome: I am rightfully entitled to and would like my security deposit of $400.00 back in full.

Read full review of BH Management Services

Regional manager was very amicable and helped me without issue. It has been fully resolved. Thank you to the regional manager for her help, greatly appreciated and great customer service.

4:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They don’t care about they tenants they don’t want to fix anything the property manager is a liar she decided not to renew my lease she said because renovations need to be done in my apartment but not my whole unit they never answer the phone the tile on the floor been coming up for a whole year I reported it and nothing happened they putting wood on top of...

E
6:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When BH Management took over the building, it was kept clean by an on-site maintenance man. Since that time, cleaning people come once a week and the floors, hallways, stairwells & common areas are never mopped. The elevator is embarrasingly dirty, the trash disposal area always has trash around the dumpsters and on the ground, which blows around the...

View 0 more photos
12:59 pm EDT

BH Management Services - Additional utility billing

Deceitful additional billing and fees: monthly rental fees, additional gas bill, and electrical bill for the property electrical boiler. Even if you're not even utilizing the boiler due to being deployed or out of town they will still bill for usage even though you were not occupying your unit for weeks or months. How can you even bill for services that weren't even utilize for that period of non-usage? Claiming it's billed based on the square footage of the unit is not even accurate. Swepco is only legally obligated to charge based on the amount of fuel usage so this company needs to be regulated the same. This is illegal billing.

Desired outcome: Amount charged refunded and no more additional bills a cured

12:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Promenade of ocala told me to pay a 400 nonrefundable security deposit so when I move I shouldn't have to pay anything but it was not transferred to the new property management along with my move in sheet noting the damages that were there before I moved in. The morgan of ocala said you have done this with plenty of other people. I have had nothing but...

G
8:20 am EST

BH Management Services - Lease signed and executed; less than 24 hours to move in I was told apartment not ready

Date of incident: began at 5:19 pm EST on January 13, 2021
Emails to regional manager and Senior Regional Manager of BH Management:
Good afternoon -
I have reached out to you both several times regarding The Preserve at Terrell Mill. There was a signed and executed lease between [redacted] and The Preserve are Terrell Mill. This binding lease stated that [redacted] would have apartment 23E and would be able to move in on January 14. As of today, January 18, [redacted] still has no apartment! [redacted] had already left his last apartment complex since he was under a contract with The Preserve at Terrell Mill that assured him he would have a place to live. [redacted] had to rent a UHaul that costed him $200.00 in order to "store his belongs in" and stay in a hotel, in addition to taking time off of work beside he did not have the weekend to move in. All of these things were the DIRECT result of The Preserve at Terrell Mill not adhering to the binding lease agreement and having the apartment ready on January 14.
My next contact will be to my attorney for breach of contract.

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022, 01:44:12 PM EST
Subject: Fw: Lease Agreement Executed BREACH OF CONTRACT

Good afternoon Joyce -
I have been informed that you are the "Senior Regional VP" for BH Management. I am contacting you regarding a breach of contract with The Preserve at Terrell Mill. I will ask that you read the previous emails regarding the situation instead of my reverberating the details. My son was supposed to move in today, January 14, 2022. The Preserve let him know last night at 5:19 pm, 1/13/22, that his apartment, for which the rental leasing contract was already executed, is not ready to be moved into. My son already had all utilities transferred to The Preserve at Terrell Mill (which does cost money!). In addition, he let his current apartment complex know that he would be moving. This means he has NO where to go. Unfortunately, all individuals that I have contacted to try to get a resolution of this issue, does not care that my son is now without housing.
I would like to know how corporate BH Management will handle this breach of contract.

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:08:54 PM EST
Subject: Fw: Lease Agreement Executed BREACH OF CONTRACT

Hello Michelle -
My understanding is that you are the regional manager at The Preserve at Terrell Mill. I am forwarding this email regarding an "executed lease agreement" that is a binding legal document. Please see my email to the office management at The Preserve at Terrell Mill. This contract states that the move-in date is today, 1/14/22, for him at The Preserve at Terrell Mill. My son has no where to go since he gave his notice to his prior apartment complex. The apartment is not ready. I would like to know what BH Management can do to rectify this breach of contract.
I can reached at 770-653-9503
Guarantor of lease

Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022, 10:39:10 AM EST
Subject: Fw: Lease Agreement Executed

Good morning -
It is my understanding that [redacted] was notified yesterday at 5:19 pm that the apartment that the lease was executed for is not available/ready for move-in. Flooring and carpeting still needs to be installed. As the lease has already been signed/executed with the move-in date of January 14, 2022, I would like to know the status of the completion of the apartment work. [redacted] has no where to go since he was obligated to your complex as of January 14, 2022.
(guarantor)

1550 Terrell Mill Road

Property Photo
Lease Agreement Executed
Dear [redacted],

Congratulations! Your property manager has signed your lease agreement. Please review the lease information below and keep this email for your personal records.

LEASE INFORMATION

Property Manager:
(855) 553-3346
[email protected]
Lease Status: Executed

As a resident at this property, you can make rent payments, submit maintenance requests, and enjoy other online self-service features through Resident Services. Click here to log in to your account.

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and welcome to your new community!

CONTACT INFO

Wednesday9AM-6PM
Thursday10AM-6PM
Friday9AM-6PM
Saturday10AM-5PM

Desired outcome: Full payment of the following: hotel stay; rental charges for UHaul for storage of belongings until apartment ready and amount for emotional distress of the this matter

9:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I moved in the apartment was not prepped for a new move, the carpet was filthy, the kitchen sink knobs had mold, the bathroom sink had rust stains and mold in the knobs. The apartment was not painted, they did not change out the blinds they were yellowing and they replaced them with cheap paper blind s if you raise them up they will break They have...

8:35 pm EDT

BH Management Services - the apartment bait and switch apartment was not prepped for new move in

i have photos someone needs to contact me asap
this apartment is deplorable and horrible i spent my first night crying because i have never been subjected to live in these conditions and i feel like i have no way out . I moved here from out of state, moved here based on the pictures and leasing agent but this apartment is abysmal
the rugs are filthy, the toilet seat was caked with urin, the apartment was not painted, the light switches are cracked due to the people screwing them in to tight, the cabinets are peeling and dirty, there is not stopper in the bathtub, I have not unpacked because i am moving, and you are going to move me because this was a bate and switch and deceptive practices . I have never lived in filth and felt unsafe

Desired outcome: refund all of my money and let me out of my lease and pay for my move to the new apartment. 2 let me be able to view sister properties and you pay for my move there and i am able to pay the same amount that was in my lease here

L
5:22 am EDT

BH Management Services - Unjust Evictions

We were residents at a bh property for 11 years never late on rent . Upon lease renewal we were advised that our lease would not be renewed and we're given 2 months notice to vacate so they could update the apartment . Same thing happened to a neighbor who resided here for 22 years . We were offered another unit @$400 more a month for rent and told we would have to pay move in costs all over again . Meanwhile the pool is literally green at this property has been for green for 2 weeks and somehow the priority is to repaint the entire complex? Meanwhile evicting long term tenants because of greed and deplorable business practices . Bh should be ashamed . I will continue to spread the word via social media platforms and the local news

1 comment
H
Oct 28, 2021 4:21 pm EDT

This happen to me also, I think this is the way they are increasing there rent there apartment are not worth the money they are asking. There is a lot of crime where I live and homeless people. My lease is up and they offered me another apartment because they say the are upgrading the apartment. I pay 800. They told me they can move into another apartment 2 bed room 1600 do I really look stupid. I have good rental history. They do not take care of the apartments either. I am sad to say this is what America is going to allowing property management to rip working class Americans off. The water is always off and the car ports are leaning meaning broke with yellow tape. and the dog [censored] everywere.

T
6:13 pm EDT

BH Management Services - Unethical behaviour

Milano Lakes Apartments Naples FL
This group recently took over, we are required to give 60 day notice per old lease. The previous two management groups contacted you for your status, I had to hound these people till I had a weekend to decide w/o penalty. I was provided a letter with various amounts for length of stay, the actual lease agreement when I had time to review the rent had been raised even higher than the increased amount per letter. I gave 45 days notice intent to leave based on their deceptive business practice and now these "business people" want their fee fro not providing adequate notice.
Watch out folks this group needs to be watched, photos, papers or avoid them altogethor

Update by tenant97
Aug 09, 2021 11:28 pm EDT

7/9 contact landlord about renewal, asked for hard copy of new lease to review, told everything is electronic on rentcafe and they have no info yet but would get in touch
7/16 letter left on door various terms & amounts, reminder of sixty day notice requirement, reminder to maintain insurance and notice that if I do not respond to letter will go month to month requiring a sixty day notice
7/19 the last day to provide notice w/o penalty, emailed BH management with a term & amount in letter have trouble getting into their electronic system, RentCafe to view lease (new managers & system as of 6/2021)
8/4 review actual lease rent has increased from the offer letter, gave notice and told I am required to give 60 days penalty applies
And when questioning the variation in price from the letter offer and lease, the leasing agent laughed and stated, "well I asked if you had any question."
That is BH management, RUN!

8:35 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Roosevelt Tankard & Kimberly Snowden 145. South Budding Avenue Apartment 103 Virginia Beach Virginia [23452] WOODSHIRE APARTMENTS 149 S Budding Virginia Beach, VA 23452 February 26, 2021 Regional Manager Ruthe Russell [email protected] Ruthe Russell Regional Manager for BH Management Virginia Beach Virginia, Virginia Area CC: Harry Bookey...

View 0 more photos
I
5:18 pm EDT

I
5:05 pm EDT

BH Management Services - apartment

Rotten representatives in dfw especially the inept rude embezzling employees in estates vista ridge in lewisville texas. Manager katrina washington has a criminal record for theft, assault and dwi & sonja has a theft record too though she got deferred adjudication. I know them and tell you the truth that all the fees being added on for people that have pet waste tho they don't even own pets and the trash fees are being pocketed by employees. The entire staff needs to be replaced pronto especially the maintenance folk that enter female's units when they are showering. Regional people like amy and melanie do nothing about the problems. Seriously with all the complaints, management making they own rules as they go along and regional taking up for them, the unscrupulous practices of the existing management will be aired on the news. There has been an investigative news reporter filming and talking to residents about the atrocities committed by all management on-site and bh will be foolish to keep the current staff whenever the story airs. Bh must clean house in more ways than one!

A
11:56 pm EDT

BH Management Services - neighbors

There are at least six people living in the unit across the hallway. They are constantly slamming their door, stomping up and down the stairs; which shakes it entire apartment, talking on speaker phone in the hallways, and just overall disrespectful and inconsiderate. We don't live in a dorm, and we don't pay rent for the hallways, they are communal areas. They should not be hanging out in the hallways.

T
4:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My elderly mother was moving from to a smaller apartment in the same complex (Autumn Chase in Carrollton, TX). She had a signed lease & they had already cashed her rent check. THREE DAYS before she was set to move they told her the apartment would not be available. They made virtually no attempt to make sure she was taken care of with another place to live...

B
6:41 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is for all of us that have gone through *** because of the practices BH Management has continued to pursue.If you have been falsely evicted, overcharged, charged for services not on the lease, harassed, theft of funds or had your civil rights violated please contact us. We are filing a class action lawsuit against this property management company and...

9:25 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

SCANDAL... LACOLINA IS NOT A COLLEGE FRIENDLY APARTMENT COMPLEX. I lived at LaColina for two years along with my sister. When first moving in, we were shown a much nicer place before signing our lease. However, being that we were in a rush to find a place to stay we decided to move in anyways. I didn't want to be played any further, so I wrote down anything...

K
10:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have never experienced such ridiculous policies at an apartment complex. They tried to sneak in a $50 fee when we paid our first month's rent. They charged us a $580 re-letting fee when we gave our 45 day notice. They also charged us to professionally steam-clean our apartment, even though there were no stains and we cleaned it when we moved. The laundry...

1:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company lies to its residents, promising a safe and secure community. We live in The Hawthorne Ridge community, now run by BH management. We have had several issues with this company, such as the staff is not very hospitable and will all say anything... or put plainly LIE... about things just to try and appease the situation at hand. I speak about one...

BH Management Services contacts