Having problems with Acorn TV?

8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 650
Silver Spring, Maryland
United States - 20910

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Acorn TV.

Complaints & Reviews

Acorn TVWhat's going on

Have had Acorn for about a year and everything was fine. But now when I attempt to see Acorn on my Smart LG-TV I consistently get the message that "This video is no long available or this video is not compatible with your browser" or words to that effect. I cannot update the LG-TV. It's set. And until now I've had no problem with Acorn. I had no problem watching Acorn on my computer, but now that has changed too and I get the message that "this program is not available in you geographical region." I'm in Grand Rapids, MI, USA. What's going on with Acorn.

Membership Type
Name Robert Meyering
E-Mail [protected]@gmail.com
Join Date 10/18/2019

Acorn TVstreaming

Did the trial and when I created stated I had 30 days. I canceled within 2 weeks and they still charged me. I contacted and they stated they never return monthly charges. Challenged with bank and they denied the claim. This is the worst streaming company on the net. Not only did I not use the full trial but they charged the fee within days of creating. Not a very proffessional or reputable company! I have all the documents with the dates included their was also an excuse that because of the virus they were behind in replying to emails. I think they actually did not cancel my account until after I reached their grace period so they could charge me, that's how dishonest they are.

Acorn TVacorn tv

Three months after canceling this service, (they require you to insure they did it after receiving and confirming your email to cancel), they are again charging my bank account for the service I don't have. This is after they confirmed they canceled my account three months ago. Unless they offer you an option like Paypal don't give them your bank account info or you will be sorry. Then again just don't get IT since I cancelled it because except for a handful of exceptions everything is just very old repeats.

Aug 13, 2019

Acorn TV — billing systems and customer support cannot be trusted

Initial Problem: In late June 2019 Acorn TV activated an annual subscription in my name without my permission...

Acorn TVrefund of subscription

My acorn tv service expired on June 21 and on the morning of the 22 I requested it to be cancelled and refund my 59.99 dollars. Their app does not work on my tv anymore so I cancelled the service waiting for my year to be up and re-started an Acorn tv service through Amazon. After several e-mails and a phone call to a service rep nothing yet.
        Now I am paying twice for the same service.
        I really would like to have the yearly amount refunded to my account and keep paying for the service through Amazon which is working well.
        [protected]@yahoo.com

Acorn TVcustomer service/double billing

The streaming service over all is ok if you don't mind a very limited number of episodes per program. The biggest issue I had was with their customer service. I was billed twice last month for my subscription. After over 40 emails back and forth with Robert A., their customer service professional, and having him tell me I was only billed once even though I submitted images of my bank account which clearly showed 2 charges back to back, then him telling me to check my account for a refund. 10 days later I still have not gotten a refund. Robert A. then told me to go through my financial institution to get the refund. That would have cost me $50.00. Supposedly my issue was "escalated" to a higher authority twice, each time that authority told me I had only been billed once. This back and forth continued for, as I stated above, 40 plus emails over 10 days. The last email they sent was asking for the last 4 digits of my debit card. That was on May 13. I have heard nothing from them since. I have not received a refund for the double billing. I have canceled my subscription with them and told them I would be placing negative reviews wherever I can.

• Jf
              JfcTV Sep 06, 2020

If possible, use a credit and not a debit card. Debit cards give direct access to YOUR cash /savings accounts.

Feb 08, 2019

Acorn TV — acorn tv

I signed up two weeks ago for the yearly subscription. I noticed they were billing us monthly-which is more...

Oct 31, 2018

Acorn TV — subscriber, yet I have to pay further to watch specific programs

I tried sending a message to Acorn TV. It limits your ability to contact them-via drop-down menus that don't...

Sep 22, 2018

Acorn TV — comcast and acorn

I subscribe to Acorn TV via Comcast. And I have loads of problems. Today I began watching the series "...

Acorn TVcan't log in on tv screen but can login to their website from my computer

We got our free week and then they took $4.99 from our VISA account on the 16th of September. Today is the 21st and tonight I couldn't get anything to load on the TV. I went to Account info to find they wanted me to log in again. It wouldn't work, I tried several more times. Then I used my computer to log in to their website and it worked. I wrote them an email telling them all this and still waiting to hear back. I tried the TV again but couldn't log in. This not looking very good. Thank God I used my VISA and they will get the money back from from them if they continue to ignore me. Good thing I didn't use a debit card.

Mar 24, 2018

Acorn TV — can't get access/payment keeps being declined

I can't log in and my bank card has been declined 3 times even after I checked with the bank to be sure ample...

Pacific Grove
              Jan 07, 2018

Acorn TV — streaming movies and shows

There are too many shows and movies listed on the Acorn website that are not available in Canada! Most of...

Mississauga

Acorn TVitunes renewal through itunes

Acorn TV was a gift 16 months ago, which was renewed by me yesterday. Watching Acorn TV on my television is great; however, one is unable to watch it on the iPad after renewal. Acorn TV directs one to renew through iTunes but there is no way to link the iTunes account to Acorn TV.

Error Message: You already subscribed to Acorn TV but not via iTunes. Please check your records for your subscription details.

Acorn TV — Scammers

They are crooks. I canceled this TV 3 months ago, but they didn't stop taking my money. I have written ton...

www.acorn.tv — They took money and their website stopped to work

Don’t pay money to the company www.acorn.tv. I wanted to use their website, but the staff continued to...