Having problems with StarNow?

StarNow reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 9, 2012. The latest review Fraudulent auto renewal of cancelled membership was posted on Sep 10, 2021. StarNow has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 14 reviews. StarNow has resolved 0 complaints.

StarNow Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 6372, Marion Square
Wellington
New Zealand - 6141

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with StarNow Customer Service. Initial StarNow complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for StarNow above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about StarNow. Discuss the issues you have had with StarNow and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

StarNow Complaints & Reviews

StarnowFraudulent auto renewal of cancelled membership

I cancelled my membership mid term months ago via the StarNow website. The website acknowledged the cancellation and advised although cancelled it will remain in place until end of the subscription period.

Their website terms advise a cancelled subscription will not be auto-renewed (see attached)

Today they auto renewed the membership and deducted NZD50.76.

I've cancelled again and asked for a refund and confirmation that my membership is cancelled now as opposed to end of (fraudulent) subscription period.

After researching I see there is a common complaint about auto-renewing. It is fraudulent though to auto renew a cancelled membership.

StarnowAutomatic renewal of subscription fees

Do not sign up for StarNow before you read this..

I never agreed to an auto renewal subscription to StarNow.

I acknowledge paying for 6 months but NEVER gave permission, written or verbal to extend.

I advised customer service of the above and that my husband is unemployed due to Covid and I only work part time.

They basically said too bad too sad read our terms and conditions!

All they are after is you money!

Disgusting!

StarnowStarnow subscription

I subscribed to Starnow for a promotional membership for 6 months, however i did not use the service much and infact had stopped using it in the last 2 months of the period. Now i suddenly see a charge on my card for a subscription renewal which i did not sign up for, no email communication, no reminder, no receipt, no notification absolutely, such a sneaky way of charging people who may have left the site. To top if it, refusing to refund or make arrangements of a partial refund. Such sneaky unethical way of charging customers should be strictly looked into by the authorities

StarnowBilling

I had standart membership of Starnow for a while. In summer 2020 I've got notification for automatic payment for the subscription. I decided that it will be the last payment because Starnow didn't give me anything. I cancelled my subscription on the website because they don't even have that option in their app. But fter 6 months they withdraw money from my bank account again which I didn't want to. I contacted to Starnow for refund. They didn't give me refund and they said they only see my cancellation right now which I cancelled 6 month ago. I am disappointed with their service also scam like subscription trick.

StarnowBilling

I have cancelled my subscribe because Starnow didn't give me anything, just waste my money. After paying for Standard membership again, I decided that it was the last time so I cancelled my membership. After 6 months I've got notification that Starnow renewed my subscription and billed me. This happened yesterday. I mailed them immediately about this mistake, but they said that my membership is cancelled just now and they won't refund anything.
          Totally useless website and scammers.

StarnowRemoval of my profile

Hello StarNow,

On the 20th September I received an email from Amy at StarNow stating my profile had been removed. After questioning the reason, Teresa emailed back stating it did not meet guidelines and their decision will not be revised.

I have used and paid for StarNow on and off for many years. I have booked recent jobs through this platform and deem myself highly professional.

I would like a manger to explain the specifics of why this decision has been made, and on finding no fault, to reinstate my profile that I have paid for.

Kate Gee-Finch

StarnowI am complaining about my profile online

I'm complaining about my profile I did when I was younger, it has been broadcasted on the internet ever since. I have noticed it as I googled my own name to download my profile for my CV and I saw nudity and I want to delete it for good as I have not got any jobs on here. I have a profile under my name on Google as I was a professional dancer, and need to delete this profile on star now as it will ruin my reputation.

StarnowHaving trouble signing into my account

It's keeps taking me back to the sign up page on the starnow and it won't let me sign into my account, and I won't delete my listings and not have other people copy my story. And make my account is deleted and decatived on their so I don't have to worry about it anymore. The story of things I posted on their called Alexa Loftis and the time travel watch and Alexa Loftis and Nathan Matarince.

Feb 22, 2019

Starnow — artist support

When I was sign for star now they said for get more job and v they will show my picture more than other user...

Starnow — money taken

I signed up for the 6 months subscription to see what the website was like. I didn't like it, I didn't use it...

StarnowThey told me that my membership has finished

I signed up on the website www.starnow.co.uk. I used the website, but couple of weeks ago my access was blocked. I was furious and decided to contact these jerks. The rep told me that my membership was off. How the hell it was possible, if it started only couple of weeks ago. WTF? I explained everything to these scammers, but they ignored me and haven’t provided any help at all. I wonder if there are people, who have the same problem? How did you solve this problem?

www.starnow.co.ukThey haven't returned my money back

I signed up for the website www.starnow.co.uk, but I haven’t used it a lot. I paid for the membership, but after some time I decided to cancel it. I contacted the rep and asked to stop the membership and return money back. The rep replied that I would get money within 2-5 days, but it was fake promises. I haven’t got my money back. Please, help me to solve the problem and post comments about this website.

www.starnow.co.ukThey didn't provide jobs and fool people

The company www.starnow.co.uk is really unprofessional and bad. They fool people and don’t provide jobs. They promised me a lot, but in result I got completely nothing. Also I paid them money for the portfolio and pics, and everything was completely useless. The rep promised to find me job and call me soon, but after that nothing happened. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Let’s share views about this website.

Jasmine_StarNow Mar 15, 2015

Hi. It sounds like you might have us mixed up with someone else! StarNow is not an agency and we don’t take a commission. It’s 100% free to join StarNow and create a basic profile. For a small monthly fee, you can upgrade to a full membership and apply to unlimited auditions & jobs, add more photos and media to your profile, and appear in the Talent Directory. We help connect talent with opportunities but don’t put them forward for roles like an agency. Instead Casting Professionals list their auditions and jobs on the site and StarNow members apply to them directly themselves. You take control of your own career.

Starnow.co.uk — They will take your ideas and make money out of it for themselves

I VISITED STARNOW.COM AND THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE AN INTERESTING WAY OF GETTING WORK AS A MODEL. HOWEVER THE...