The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Access-A-Ride — poor service
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
On Wednesday, 09/16/09, my mother made an appointment with Access-A-Ride for Thursday, 09/17/09 at 9:00 am to go to 1916 Park Ave in Harlem and then from there to 2 Lafayette Street in Manhattan. However, she could not go to 2 Lafayette Street in Manhattan because she was not feeling well. I called and explained to Access-A-Ride that my mother was not feeling well and that she cannot go to 2 Lafayette Street in Manhattan. Instead, she would like to go home. Access-A-Ride indicated to me that their policy is that if one makes an appointment to go to a certain destination, he/she cannot changed his/her mind to go to another destination for any reason. Access-A-Ride emphasize that they have to abide by their policy, and that cannot be changed.
Access-A-Ride was to return to 1916 Park Ave at 11:50 am, but no one came until 1:10 pm. When Access-A-Ride came, the driver was told to stop at the nearest train station, which was at 125th Street station in Harlem. I am extremely upset because they don't think about the well being of the customer, but about policy.
This was a very bad service. Can anything be done?
More Access-A-Ride Complaints & Reviews
- Access-A-Ride - rude
- Mta/access-a-ride - paratransit services
- Access-A-Ride - always late, never strap client in
- Access-A-Ride - their fairly new useless black taxi service.
- Access-A-Ride - driver over an hour late
- Access-A-Ride - late for my appointment
- Access-A-Ride - access-a-ride driver - runs red light in harlem - after damaging parked vehicle.
- Access-A-Ride - driver
- Access-A-Ride - rude driver
- Access-A-Ride - driver wasn't at address