Having problems with Access-A-Ride?

Access-A-Ride reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 17, 2009. The latest review The effectiveness of access a ride was posted on Oct 15, 2021. The latest complaint driver was resolved on Jul 14, 2019. Access-A-Ride has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 64 reviews. Access-A-Ride has resolved 6 complaints.

Access-A-Ride Customer Service Contacts

130 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Access-A-Ride Customer Service. Initial Access-A-Ride complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Access-A-Ride above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Access-A-Ride. Discuss the issues you have had with Access-A-Ride and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Access-A-Ride Complaints & Reviews

Access-A-RideThe effectiveness of access a ride

On 10/15/2021 my son whose name is collin clarke had a trip scheduled for 8:59 with the curb brokers which was cancelled at 9:10am because they did not have any accessible vehicles available so a uber was called and his return trip was cancelled and not rebooked by the worker drones u have working there. I was on hold for one hour trying to resolve this issue and it was never resolved effectively this is a terrible service to the disabled and i really hope when eric adams gets in office he dismantles this service and fixes this breaucracy. The problem is not on my end it is a diservice to the disabled who already have extreme challanges daily. Of course sorry will not fix this i have no desire to you putting a bandaid on an ozzing cut that no bandage is big enough to fix collin clarke

Respond

Access-A-RideInconsiderate and Inhumane treatment of Disabled and Chronically Ill Passengers

It is 7:45 pm and I have just gotten picked up . My pick up time was 6:11 pm. The cab company Curb contacted me at 5:11 stating that they would be picking me up on behalf of your company. I called them before I left out my job and was informed that they were searching for a vehicle for me. I went outside to wait. A few minutes later, I checked App to see if a car had been assigned and saw that "drive completed" was indicated. This was at 6:20 pm. Called Access a Ride and held for about 35 minutes until I finally got a nice representative name Debby who apologized that Curb sent my ride back to them but it wasn't picked up by them...which meant that I would have never gotten a ride, had I not called. Debby got me reassigned to Broker Car Service and stated they'd contact me within 5-10 minutes. This was about 7:05 pm. At about 7:15, I get a robo-call asking if I still needed a ride. I finally get a ride at about 7:45 pm and made it home about 8: 10 pm. I am in so much pain from my knees and legs...no one disabled, should have to go through this. This morning, I had to obtain a taxi authorization in order to get to work on time. My pick up time was 8:30 am. I was at work at 9:35 am when I received a text stating that my ride would be arriving in 4 mins.

Access-A-RideWait time/no cars available

This incident has occurred several times! With two separate clients. Long wait time for return trips (hours) then to be told there is no car available to take them back to their start point. My mother waited hours for a car, which never arrived! My grand mother the same situation she is 80+ years old! This has happened in two different boroughs! We understand that we are till in a pandemic but these trips are made in advance things should be already in place for these trips it is very inconvenient not only for the client to access a ride but for the families who are now in a panic with finding a way for their loved ones to get home I hope that this doesn't continue and things can and will get more organized. Sincerely, a concerned family member

Access-A-RideUnable to make reservations

I've been calling access-a-ride for several hours throughout the last few day and I haven't been able to get a rep on the phone at all. I have several doctor's appointments coming up during the next week and I desperately need to make a trip reservation with AAR. I'm disabled, I have limited mobility, and my physical condition impedes me from using public transportation. This is ridiculous. I've even tried signing up for the online reservation feature and it's a total failure. It constantly tells me the ID number I've been using for years is incorrect. How am I supposed to make my medical appointments if I can't make a reservation with this service?

Respond

Access-A-RideCars they send to pick up customers

I have regular pickups on three days a week for dialysis. I use to get picked up on time. Now the drivers either don't show up or show up late for these appointments. Now I have to make alternative plans in case the driver does not show up. This has been going on for at least the past three months May, June and now July of 2021.

Access A Ride has always sent an Access A ride vehicle on time when I had a regular doctor appointment. Now I can't depend on them for that. I had to cancel my appointment and make another one because access a ride never showed up. This happened July 22, 2021.

I'm a Senior who is ill and need reliable service which access a ride use to be.

Access-A-RideAccess-A-Ride

On 07/15/21 I was waiting for my ride and no one ever showed up I called the company they told me the car was outside, when I got down stairs no car was there I then called back they said the driver left cause he didn't see anyone. I called again they told me to take a taxi and I would be reimburse but I didn't have any money so i was unable to make my appointment.

Access-A-RideSchedule and pick up

I realize that the restrictions have been lifted and during my trip to Manhasset I had 4 different people that I've never had contact with sitting in one row of seats! We are on top of each other! The pandemic isn't over yet! How do you lift the restrictions that much? I was picked up in valley stream taken to queens to pick up 2 people to drop them off in lemony to go back into queens to pick 2 more people up to go to Manhattan and my appointment is at 1! What do I tell the hospital I'm going to when they ask have you been in contact with someone that has Covid or been out of the country when I don't know who I'm sitting inches from? We are literally sitting on top of each other with no air conditioning! God forbid we get in an accident I'm with 2 individuals that can't really walk!

Nov 17, 2019

Access-A-Ride — my mta app

Approximately 2-3 months ago the My MTA app started malfunctioning. The day if a trip the daytime trip...

Access-A-Rideaccess a ride driver

My boyfriend and I were just driving to a party (November 14, 2019 at 6:50 PM) and saw a car cut off an access a van. Your driver then sped towards him, cut him off driving on the side of the road to do so, and then went straight in a turning lane on Little Clove Road and Renwick Ave, close to Petredes School. This was insanely dangerous and he almost hit into us since we were in the straight lane. I sincerely hope you reprimand this driver. You cannot have him risking the lives of your clients and the lives of people on the road beside him.

Respond

Access-A-Ridecomplaint about "no show" status ivy moreno, client # 1191667 [protected]@optimum.net

At 10:29 a.m on October 19, 2029 I received a text saying that my ride was assigned to Arthur with an ETA of 7 mins., taxi green toyota camry #AB780, at 9:36 a.m. I received a text that my ride was here so I went outside and got into the taxi and Arthur was not in a good mood, I told him I was sorry I could not pick up my phone when he called and he nastily said "I'm here, that's all that matters", I apologized but he was visibly upset. Then at 9:45 a.m. I received another text saying that my ride had been reassigned to Fermin ETA 7 mins., taxi green toyota prius v, #AA035. Then I received another text saying my ride had been reassigned to Fermin ETA 8o mins, same car info as above and at 10:07 I received a text saying that my ride was here, meanwhile I was already at my destination! I called Access A Ride when I got home from my appointment and was told that I was put down as a "NO SHOW". Please have this changed as I idid take the cab that showed up. Please advise as to when this has been fixed and please call if you have any questions [protected].

Respond

Access-A-Rideproper service is not being provided. rude and uncompassionate drivers

On behalf of my disabled spouse Larry White, ID# 1137575. Mr. White has a subscription and it was stipulated on his application and approved that he have difficulty ambulating. the request for a lift was a priority. For the last several weeks he has been picked up and brought home in your green and yellow cabs causing pain and discomfort., not only that the drivers from several different companies cannot speak English or have no a sense of directions. often they are lost. Wednesday 10/16/19 Larry did not get home until 9:40pm when his pick-up is normally 6:45pm or 7pm arriving home no later than 8:15, the driver called and told Mr. White he was somewhere on Pelham Pway in the Bronx, . After an hour I called the main line and was informed that the vehicle had broken down (hmmm) Mr.White was not informed. Today the driver that was sent was rude, threatening my husband to call in a no show all because he informed the driver he could not walk all the way to the corner and to come in front of the building. You have to be mentally and spiritually ready to go to appointments like dialysis or chemo-therapy and going you don't need no miserable and aggravated driver, and returning from such treatment you definitely need educated drivers that can understand a GPS system. I ask that you please send Mr. White a truck with a lift and drivers that can speak and understand the English language.

Access-A-Ridehow is your driving/driver

On Friday, September 20, 2019 around 5:20pm. I was traveling home from work on the Jackie Roberson Expressway. Right before the last exit heading toward Pennsylvania and East New York Avenues, a car from the left lane cut in front of me to exit off the Expressway, when out of nowhere a driver from "Access-a-Ride" immediately jump in front of me from the right lane, which then blocked the other driver from exiting off the Expressway.

Once the bus driver let him pass.. the driver from Access-a-Ride continued on to exit a Pennsylvania Avenue. As I'm driving to exit at East New York Avenue the bus driver started to veer toward my vehicle. I proceeded to blowing the honor in order to get his attention. He then made and aggressive swerve toward my vehicle as if he was trying to run me off the road. With swift reaction I swerve to the right lane avoiding contact with the bus.

Inaddition the driver was wearing head phones. When me and the driver finally made eye contact he began removing the head phones from his ears. The driver proceeded to argue with me... while exhibiting and intimidating vernacular.

Unfortunately, I was unable to do a video however I managed to snap a picture of the bus. It was with my deepest concern, not just for the safty of the passenger's of Access-a Ride, but all the commuters who travel to and from their destinstion each day safely. Everyone! should always demonstrate good driving practices whether personal or professionally. I am sure this matter will be addressed in a timely fashion and the driver is heald accountable for his negligentful driving behavior.

how is your driving/driver
                      how is your driving/driver

Access-A-Rideaccess a ride

My name is ganeshi i'm 23 years ago old i'm currently enrolled at mercy college in harlem, i've been costumer of access a ride for over 4 years now the service that they provide is subpar, most drivers/dispatchers are unprofessional and rude. Today however, I had a pickup time scheduled for 7:15am from 2013 new england thruway going to 313 west 125th in Harlem. with carrier CBT vehicle number 5284 i was outside from 6:45am till my scheduled pickup time mentioned above. while i'm waiting i notice a vehicle on the next block which happened to be the bus also mentioned above was parked on a block that was inaccessible for me so i proceeded to flag it down while also calling dispatch to have the vehicle move up while being left on hold for over 10 minutes by dispatch i continue to flag down the driver because he/she decided to park a block from my address. after being held on hold and continuously flagging down the driver he/she decides to pull off and the dispatcher (chris) proceeds to tell me that the driver called out my name and called my phone which is a complete lie and so as a result i was put as a no show. because of this issue i was unable to make it to school on time

access a ride

Sep 16, 2019

Access-A-Ride — smith st brooklyn, ny

CTG, reservation #6854 car [protected] The scheduled appoint time to pick up was from 7:19am. Based...

Jul 28, 2019

Access-A-Ride — ride never showed up, called or explained itself to the company

Today is July 28, 2019 was waiting for Premier Para Transit supposedly vehicle number TBD was what the...

Access-A-Ridetrip cancellation

This complaint is being filed on behalf of my disabled daughter Capricia Robinson ID 672433 who utilizes Acesss A Ride services. There has been excessive delays in picking her up. Today july 26th. Capricia's trip was cancelled by broker service. Taxi license AB321. Broker service arrived @ 2:15 PM for a scheduled pick up of 2:32 PM. at her Day Program. Trip was cancelled by broker prior to scheduled pick up time. With all the confusion Access A Ride scheduled another pickup which arrived @ 4:31 PM a two hour delay. Later the same evening Capricia was scheduled for a 7:13 PM to return to my home in Brooklyn. Trip was again cancelled. Access A Ride could not give an explanation as to who cancelled the trip. Upon speaking with a Supervisor Michelle @ approximately 7:40 PM she insisted it was an online cancellation. There is no online account. Capricia could have not cancelled appointment as she has no access to a cell phone. I was informed another vehicle would not be sent being she is home. Capricia comes to my home Friday nights due to her disability she cannot remain in her home alone without assistance. Broker service is causing a nightmare for my family. If you review Capricia's account you will note excessive delays with broker services. This jeopardizes her participation with her Day Program as they close the facility @ 2:30 PM. Capricia's PCA has grown tired of these situations and seek employment elsewhere.
                          Jacqueline Robinson
                          [protected]

Access-A-Ridedriver

My husband and I were driving in the right lane coming off the bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn. All of a sudden we heard honking. Our lane would merge with the left lane in 15 feet. We were going about 45 and we saw Access a Ride car behind us honking. He was about 30 feet behind us, and nearly ran us off the road while he honked at us. His car was NY 8851 and this occurred on Sunday, July 14. I'm 8 months pregnant and he almost ran us off the road.

driver

Jul 08, 2019

Access-A-Ride — driver wasn't at address

My mother was supposed to have an appointment 10 am and the access a ride arrived at 9:30am when they got...

Jul 03, 2019

Access-A-Ride — ctg/sarah ventures

06/03/2019 Client ID 1202674 CTG/Sarah Ventures Car #164 Complaint Reference # [protected] I had a 6:10...

Access-A-Rideservices by broker service

ID # 1202674
                              On Wednesday 06/26/2019 I had a scheduled pick up for 5:34 pm.
                              I was not picked up until 6:08 pm I was on the phone with access a ride for 33 minutes and then I finally got picked up at 6:09 pm. I am hemiplegic standing outside for over a half hour. This is how access a ride treats handicapped people.
                              I fully intend to complain to everyone from the governor on down.

This is a copy below of the email I sent the Americans with disabilities act:

Access a ride ( NYC Para transit authority )treats disabled and handicapped people like we are dumb. I had Brain surgery on my right temporal lobe, leaving me with left side weakness and coordination and balance issues. This made me eligible for access a ride. With access a ride I have been left standing on the street for more than an hour waiting on the alleged ride that was allegedly coming. I have been in a care on 05/08/2019 for more than 3 hours for a ride that took 40 minutes to get to initially. Not allowed to stop for the bathroom and then when you complain I was once told "Your only paying $2.75. Since my initial complaint I have been picked up late regularly my job is on the line. Access a ride is a shared ride system because NYC transit system is inaccessible for disabled people. It is supposed to be a door to door shared ride system. Well let me list the things that I have endured.
                              1. Being forced to cross 4 lanes of traffic because the driver arrived on the wrong side of the street
                              2. Being in a forced to sit in a car for almost 4 hours just because one of their subcontractors doesn't pay the drivers tolls.
                              3. being stuck in a car for almost 4 hours and told we are that they go by mileage and the drivers often take routes that keep you in the car longer than you should be.
                              4. Being in a car for hours and told they can not allow you to go to the bathroom. Why if I was able to take the train I would get off.
                              5. They often give subcontractors the job called broker service and this people treat us like animals herding us in the cars, with every seat filled sometimes a Toyota camary with 3 people in the back and one in the front. They don't move unless the care is full and do not care about your promised appointment time.
                              6. These broker services have 2-3 pick ups at the same time or within 2-5 minutes and the pick ups are often miles apart they know they are not going to make it.
                              Finally if disabled and handicapped people being treated like cattle for transportation purposes is not ADA worthy of a complaint, Please send me the resources to be the voice in the wilderness for them. I have had this service less than 90 days and it is bad how they treat people but we have no voice. Signed your friendly neighborhood disabled working nurse.