Having problems with Aaron's?

Aaron's Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 950 7368 (Customer Service)
400 Galleria Pkwy SE Ste 300
Atlanta, South Carolina
United States - 30305-2367

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aaron's Customer Service. Initial Aaron's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Aaron's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Aaron's. Discuss the issues you have had with Aaron's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Aarons Furniture Rentalsbeware

Aaron's on 4127 Tamiami Trail S, Venice, FL 34293 is a mess. Please! I do not want anyone to go through what I am going through. I work in an Emergency Room, and find this store to be more stressful than my job.

I had two agreements in January when I moved here. One was due on the first, one on the 15th. The manager was great. Well, I went out of town, and prepaid from may15th to July 1st. When I came back to pay my 7/1 payment i was informed that I owed both agreements on the first. there was a new manager, and a new associate. Apparently, after an hour long discussion, it was discovered my due date for both had been accidently changed to the first. I went ahead and paid for both agreements, with the understanding, and paperwork to confirm, that the agreements would then go back to the 1st and 15th. I paid my 7/15 payment with no error. By 8/1/10 I place a check in the drop box for 25.00 over the amount owed. When I called to make sure they recieved the check, alas, there was a new manager that informed me that they did receive the check, but it was "short", as both agreements are due on the 1st. I could not believe it!!! I overpay, and they consider me delinquent? I inform the manager to look at the records. I wait for a call from the Regional manager...nothing. Then as i am ready to write my check for the 15th payment, I have a note on my door, saying they came by to "discuss" my account, ie "take my furniture". I also receive a letter stating I owe 157.00 to reinstate my account. I have always overpaid my account, not underpaid. i am so frustrated, I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Please beware of this store and Aaron's in general as I have not been able to find any help. It is so hard to pay your bills on time, and still be terrorized by one company. i am interested in hearing from anyone who is having a similiar problem. Thank you for reading this.

• He
      Henry May 03, 2010

If you live in Reading Pa and have dealt with the Aaron's on 5th Street Highway and have gone in to by something cash no lease there is a 99.9% chance you have been ripped off!! Let's say you go in to buy a dryer and its work $200. They will charge you $400 pocket $200 and only show in the system that $200 was ran through. If you have done a cash sale there I would go in and DEMAND a computer generated reciept and if they can't demand the number to corporate. IF they tell you there is no number for corporate there lying because there *** sure is. The Reading location are nothing but scumballs!!!

• Fr
      Fredro Mar 16, 2010

Management, clerks they all suck.. The only one that did not is no longer with the company. To start they have no knowledge about what they offer. The worst is one lady that answers the phone is from another country and you can barely understand her.. I have been a "client" for about 9 months now and NOTHING has gone correctly.. All the way down to my new "NEVER" been used computer came with a power cord that had been spliced together!!! Then the really cheap bad that was provided for the pc broke and the pc went flying down a flight of concrete stairs.. REALLY?? Advice from me do not call and trust that they are documenting your information in any way. Double and triple check your contract before signing it.. They are responsible for more than they say they are.. I have been trying to get someone from the franchise to contact me for about 5 months... I think they may be ashamed of their actions.. They should be...!!!

Aaron's Sales And Lease Ownership — treated poorly

I am a former customer of Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership in Greenville, SC. I returned the...

Aarons Furniture Rentalsunprofessional and ignorant

My wife and I go into Arrons @ 1300 Getwell Rd. Memphis, TN. to purchase a bedroom set. The gentleman who helped me said he was a district manager and was a very pleasent chap.

Of course I did what I could to get the best deal and we finally came to terms and the deal was done.

My first payment in the store was on May 15th 2010 and I was given the choice of paying up to June 1st or July 1st. I decided to pay up till July 1st. The reciept said the due date was 6/15/2010 but the district manager initialed it and put the date of 7/1/2010 as the due date. On 6/15/2010 we made July's payment which would make me current through Aug 1st.

Starting last week we get a call from Aarons concerning our account being past due. I tried to explain that we are not due till the first of Aug. and she wasn't having any of that. I found my reciepts, contract and payment schedule, all of which support my claim. She basically called me a liar and set her truck out to pick up the set.

When I showed the delivery guys the paper work they just got this glazed look in thier eyes and put me back on the phone with that same vile woman. I really tried to keep it civil but by the end of the call I was in my front yard yelling at a cell phone with my neighbors looking on. I didn't get harsh with the delivery guys, they were just following orders, and they have my simpathy for having to work for that woman, and I told them as much.

I stood my ground, I did not allow them into my house. I simply told them, "sorry guy's, come back on the first when I am due and I will happilly let you take the stuff so I can never do business with Aarons again.".

This is just the latest, I have fufilled 2 other agreements with Aarons in the past. The first one went off without a hitch. The second had some serious problems with getting my DVD player repaired (took 4 months and finally me throwing a tantrum in the store)to get it resolved.

My advise, If you need rent to own, Aarons should be the last place you go. There are plenty of other places to get rent to own items that won't crap on you as soon as you pull the pen away from signing the contract.

Aaronsunproffessional

I recently moved to fayetteville nc from alabama. Now i had

furniture from the aarons there and paid for and recieved amazing

customer service. now the first time i went into the aarons here it is

on pamalee dr in fayetteville nc, my husband and i walked out because

we were never greeted to begin with. I called back and the young lady

named tabitha answered, i questioned her about the bedroom set and her

answer was well i dont know because the sets get moved around. I then

asked who would know and she huffs and says hold on very rudely. She

came back and said i have to come back in the store and pick it out and

when i went inside it was still in the same location, where as it never

got moved like she said. Now I did pick out a brand new set and she

said i would get the bedroom suite off the floor because they didnt

have any in stock and she reassured me it was brand new. And when I had

picked out the furniture it shoudlve been same day delivery because it

was only 12 when i was done filling out paperwork. Now i got told that

they would deliver it the next day (friday) between 11-3 and i called

at 230 the following day to be told that their truck was broke down but

yet they dont call people to let them know they werent delivering my

furniture. And yet again it was tabitha who i spoke with and got a very

rude experience with her and i said that i wanted a refund because of

her rudeness and how they couldnt do anything they said they could well

her response is if this is a problem you can come pick it up yourself

as rude as she could be.Then she puts me on hold and comes back and

magically says oh we can deliver them today. Well after they delivered

the furniture the young man says on his way out oh im sure you heard

about our truck problems by the way which was a smart ### comment not

needed. well my husband and i then go look at our "brand new" furniture

and theres nothing new about it. Theres was wood chipped out on the big

dresser and paint chippings on the others and they all had gashes in

them looking like someone scratched them with a screwdriver. There were

holes in the paneling on the back and my "brand new" mattresses had a

big tear on it. Needless to say im not happy at all.The delivery

drivers never even gave us our receipts .Then i call back to complain

and the assisstant manager says theyll pick it up monday first thing,

and tabitha had told her we wanted used furniture which was NEVER the

case and even used im sure aarons never wouldve sold this crap. well

they hadnt showed by noon so we went up there and the manager said it

would be picked up tonight at 7 .Now its 8:51pm monday night and they

said theyre scheleduled to pick up my furniture tomorrow after i spoke

to the manager today in the store who had said she wouldnt even be

there today and she said I would get a full refund well Im now without

my money and have damaged crap in my home. The delivery guys also left

trash all in my yard. Well the manager asked where we lived and they

said they thought our house was on base and theyre the ones that

delivered before so they are playing games and i want my money back or

i will be getting my attorney involved. I ended up getting furniture

from the other aarons on hope mills road and theyre service isnt good

either.One the young ladies never greeted us either until some employee

came back from lunch and told them to come over to us and the girl

looked like she was zoned out on something she wasnt listening because

just like tabitha she put us down for wrong furniture which was only

the mattress and boxspring so we have to wait a week until the rest of

the furniture comes in friday, and two we got supposedly same day

delivery and they said theyd be here tonight by 4 and its 9:03pm and no

furniture is here surprise surprise.Everytime i call its a problem with

these people and i want something done about this. I am trying to get

the president of aarons contact info because im taking this the highest

i can go.My husband has taken pictures of all the furniture and unless

something is done about this i will be making this public. This is

ridiculous.The address is 4913 charger ct fayetteville nc and you can

reach me at [protected] and again my name is kaila hayden and these

pictures are of the damaged furniture that was supoose to be brand new,

And its 9:17pm and i just called the hope mills location to see where

my furniture is and no one answered and they never called to say they

were not delivering tonight. so now im highly pissed and i dont even

want to pay for my furniture and dont feel like i should after what ive

been through with not one but two locations. This is something that

needs to be taken very serious because the staff at these locations are

ridiculous and again i want something done about the bull ive had to

put up with and go through. Ive never eperienced customer service at

its lowest and i believe aarons should now be on the top 5 of worst

service ever and its left a bad taste in my mouth. I even had taken off

friday for this and i am more than pissed about this and im sure you

understand why. I need a response immediately and it would be more than

appreciated for someone to actually do something about this. I will

email again if neither aarons shows up. They also scratched when moving

things in and that had been freshly

painted. I would appreciate it to just not pay for a bedroom set or

something with all that ive had to go through with this company.

Aarons — put chip in computer didnt tell me

been renting from aarons for many years took my laptop to be fixed i got it back from aaron s like 3 week...

Aarons Rent A Center — damaged goods/worse customer service

I had leased to own a love seat and endtables, lamps and coffee table from Aaron's Rent a Center, with...

Aarons Gastonia North Carolinapoor everything

I rented a big screen tv from AARONS in the Fall of 2008. When I rented this item I had explained to the clerk that my pay day fell different from month to month. I was told not a problem, they would charge me $5.00 for being late.I have always paid my bill. Then in March of this year I was late, do to the fact that I have a special needs child whoi had become sick. Then on top of that my mother had a stroke and was in the hospital. Running back and forth between my son and my mother my payment was late. They sent someone out to my home to pick uo the merchandise for non payment. I had a relative at my homeand when they arrived she told them she did not know anything about it and could not let them in. They were demanding either payment or return of the merchandise. She tried to explain the situation to them but the manager of the store was a real JERK. He was very nasty. She told him she would be talking to me that night and she would relay the message. He told her to contact her right now or they would basically come in and take the set. She had to contact me on the phoneand I had to make a payment immediately. I was in the customer sevice businessfor many years and if I had anyone who worked for me that had this persons attitude, they would be history. Your business is nothing without customers, and without good customer service your as good as gone. If you do 't have to go this route for merchandise don't. It's the biggest headache you can have.

• Ad
            adaminbtr Mar 10, 2011

Blah, blah, blah. Once again it's the company's fault that you didn't pay your bill. I've had an account with RAC for 3 yrs. I've never missed a payment, and guess what, I don't have any problems.

Aaronskeeps your money

I started dealing with Aarons out of necessity and it did not take me long to realize some of the many ways they rip their customers off. Each month when you make your payment they try to keep the change due from what you hand them to apply to your account (they say), but the fact is that money is never credited and you still owe the same amount of payments. I put a deposit on an appliance because mine stopped working and not 1 hour later I cancelled my purchase after my landlord replaced the appliance and when I called the store they talked me into applying the deposit to my account and it was NEVER credited and to this day I know it went into the store managers pocket. He told me everytime I asked for my refund that it was paid to my account which was a lie. My local store practically insists on cash only payments and today while the manager was trying to sell me everything in the store as I repeatedly said NO because of their treatment of me, he failed to give me a receipt for my payment so bright and early tomorrow I expect my phone to start ringing off the hook and someone rudely asking for a payment which I;ve already made.

Aarons Rent To Ownsexual harassment

What I don't understand is how this 'store manager " can sexually harass employees and customers an it's okay. That's bs. The right person is going to walk in there and own aarons. The other managers know, so what is the problem. My husband wanted to handle it. But why let him get in trouble? When will this end? Should we all get together and go to the newspaper or t. V.? Will this put an end to this chaos??? Do something now.!!!

• Ke
                kelly38834 Aug 16, 2010

I just quit my job at BestWay Rent To Own because my store manager was sexually harrassing me! I have a 4 and 5 year old. I am a single mother. Nobody is doing a thing about what happened. I totally think this needs to be taken care of. This man drives a corvette, an Avalanche, lives at home with his parents and has no children. How? May I ask how does this man still have his job? I am struggling to keep a roof over my babies bellies. Action needs to be taken, NOW!!!

• Je
                jennifer Apr 22, 2009

these people are the rudest people especially eric i always pay when i tell them spoke with somebody and told them i would call tomorrow with payment with my credit card and the very next day the manager calls very rude and so was i demanding a payment and told him that i spoke with somebody yesterday and told them i was making the payment . do not get anything here they will pick it up in a heartbeat no matter what ur situation is

Aarons Furniture Rentalsstalks customers

Don't use Aaron's to lease.

I got out of the hospital again last night.

The store decided to call my cell phone incessantly and fill up the voice mail so I can't get messages from anyone else. When I got home I found a note on the door telling all the burglars I'm not home. The store has been calling people out of the phone book that I no longer speak with so they can tell them about me.

When I explained this is illegal the store manager explained that this kind of behavior is official corporate policy.

Last year the installers stole a wrench when they delivered the appliances.

Aarons Furniture Rentalsthey sell used furniture

First we were told we were getting a used t.v. three yes three t.v.'s later we finally went to the store and demanded it. We set our payments for the 15th. We get calls starting on the first!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! yOU WILL GET SCREWED by these people. We are even a month ahead and we get phone calls. They have NO IDEA what they are doing. In addition, my husband is an attorney. If you request a copy of your contract in writing, they MUST send it to you. Save your money and alot of aggrevation and go somewhere else!!! the cu-de-gra is that I typed this and they insisted on at least 100 words!!! Go figure a web site called pissed off consumer and they want more!!!

Aarons Sales And Leasebad business

I have been dealing with Aarons sales and lease for a few years now bought things out right, rented to own a few things. (Paid in Full as agreed) I am now 13 months into a TV rental and after all these years I have been late maybe 2 times. My Brand new LG tv has some sound issues so I called to get a service call. They came to pick the tv up and gave me a USED loaner had my LG in repair for 3 months when they brought it back it was dusty and did not look like it had been touched. I hooked the tv up and guess what still didn't work Hmmm big shocker. The delivery man said the part cost 30.00 I asked him what the service center did and he said he didn't know so i asked what the 30.00 part was he said he didn't know. I then called the store to fill them in. They said the service center couldn't find anything wrong with the tv. (then what is this so called 30.00 part) And they asked if I was satified with the loaner tv. Well the loaner tv does work was my reply. They said they would roll over the money to the loaner tv. I said then I want it at the used price he said absoultley NOT. Because the 2 tv's were the same age. But the LG my first tv was brand new out of the box when I got it. The loaner JVC USED tv was in a crack house. He said it didn't matter because they were the same age. Now when you buy a NEW item from aarons it costs more then a USED. But what he's telling me was that it didn't matter if 5 people had this tv in their house before me it was still considered NEW because it was the same age as the brand NEW one in the box. This Guy I think is on CRACK!!! Does he think I am stupid. If I hadn't already paid 1600.00 dollars I would tell him where to shove it. Now i'm not one of these peoople who doesn't pay their bills. I have a Hummer I own a House I work hard for my money. I went to aarons because rather you pay by credit or rent to own your still gonna be paying out your ###. So my plan of action is going to be I'm going to aarons right now demanding the service and repair order. Showing them where it states that my product is under warrenty and under contract states they are to repair it. It seems to me we may have a breech of contract. I also want the price of both tv's new and old . I have already put a stop payment notice into my bank. I will NOT be paying them. I will be telling then not to call my cell phone there is a law and that is the TCPA (telephone consumer protection act). They can not call your CELL phone if you tell them not to. I will also tell them not to come to my house or step foot on MY property if they do i will call the police it's called trespassing. And I did clearify that with the police. I do have plenty of contacts They have messed with the wrong female. Now if they call my references they will tell them not to call again and if they do thats called harrassment . Now they might not be a 3rd party collection agency but there are still laws they must follow. And there is a law that is called rental theft in my state it goes by how much is left to be paid on the rental item. I'm in the process of printing all the complaints I can find against Aarons to take to my lawyer. Im not gonna give in to this piece of ### company they will not screw me over. I guess it's gonna be a case of who takes who to court first. If you have had a problem with this so called company please feel free to contact me. who knows maybe this will be a huge class action suit and everyone that's been ripped off will get revenge on AARONS.

sandredee May 09, 2011

i agree we have had problems to here in north dakota..

• Co
                      cocytus Feb 06, 2011

No offense, OP, but it's well known that Aaron's is a shady company.
                      Why are you doing business w/ them?
                      Wouldn't saving your money and/or buying a used unit until you have saved enough to buy a new one be a better idea?

• Po
                      POPELEY Feb 06, 2011

Where to begin... We first replaced our broken refridgerator through Arrons in Nov of 09. Everything was fine until 2 weeks after we payed it off it died. We called arrons and they said there was a 60 day supplemental warranty and they would fix it. They brought us a used stainless LG that was much nicer than ours as a loaner while they were troubleshooting ours. After about a week they called and said corporate would not authorize them to purchase replacement parts and fix ours but there was a good chance we would be able to keep the used LG stainless fridge instead. They stated that they only had to replace ours with a better or like item. About five days later our old fridge shows up in good working order. When I asked the delivery guy how they fixed it he said "we have our own system." I am pretty sure my fridge was fixed with used parts. Fantastic.
                      Next we made the mistake of using them to replace our outdated washer and dryer. Whoops. The set were delivered and because I did not have the old ones out yet I asked them to leave them in front of the garage. Apparently they dropped them off the truck because when I went to start the dryer it sounded horrible. THey Again brought us a loaner and replaced the broken motor mount on the dryer. The washer lasted about another week before we noticed it filled and drained continuously and would stay in the same cyle for hours. Long story short they had to pick it up and "fix" it three times before we got it back.
                      02/06/11 I must be stupid for going back but here I sit on superbowl sunday with a newly installed LCD T.V. mount above my fireplace and no T.V. The sales staff wrote me in for yesterday to have my 47" delivered. I called at 445 last night and again they assured me I would have it last night. Guess what? If I ever get my T.V. I promise it will be my last purchase from this crooked company. Thanks

Aaron Rentspoor service and rude employees

I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a light bulb for my big screen tv. I have been told that it is ordered and was due in last week. The guy would never call me back. My account manager is very rude. When I called my account was only a day late and she said that it had to be current before they could service. well I have paid my account and still no return call and I am not without a tv. I would never recommend this company to anyone. If I do rent to own i will do it through rent a center. Never had a problem with them. My account is 2 payments from being paid off. But I am not going to pay it off until I get the light bulb replaced in my tv. Very poor customer service in the entire store.

Aarons Salesrude employee

Top this complaint - a Calgary store employee call my home and when I answered she yelled "Are you not coming in to pay your bill - you ***" and I hung up. How rude and arrogant is that.

No customer whether they owe money or not, black or white, should be call names - No company should tolerate this kind of abuse of a customer - remember the customer is there pay cheque and reflects on the entire company. If it does happen that employee should be FIRED on the spot. The calls continued and each call included more name calling and disrespect.

I would NOT recommend AARONS Sales and Service to my worst enemy. This company thinks it's the best but the prices are extremely high, sells poor quality furniture or mattresses that are ripped, does not replace or fix what they sell and to top everything off their customer service stinks.

• Ri
                          Richard Vasquez Aug 26, 2011

Well I can only say - that you never know who you hire, but I am sure aarons tries to hire the best people they can to take care of their customers fully... for example look at our schools - they have teachers sleeping with students and child molesters.. nothing is perfect and you can not please everyone, but as long as you try to get and keep the best then you are far ahead of the other companies.. Richard Vasquez

Aarons Furniture Rentalsworst service ever

I have been a customer of Aarons leasing in Waterloo Iowa for about 4 Years. I have leased several things from there. I have always payed my bill on time, and everything leased was paid in full. Shortly after paying in full, my first of 2 big screen televisions from Waterloo Aarons, the picture went out. I stopped into the store and talked with manager about it, and was told they would order a part for it. Nearly 2 months later I am still waiting. I called the store and was told 3 times the part has been ordered and they would call as soon as it was in. STILL WAITING! I manage 121 apartments in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and if I made my customers, (tenants) wait as long for service as I have, I would not have a job. I have sent a few people to Aarons for furniture they have needed, but will never again. It would be my reccommendation to stay away from Waterloo Iowa Aarons. When I have made my final lease payment there, I will never lease from them anymore. I am well known by several people, and will never send them to Aarons.

Aarons — rude treatment

I had perfect credit up till 2 yrs ago due to a BK from a divorce. I wanted to re-establish my credit. I did...

Aarons Furniture Rentalstreated me like a punk over the phone

I have purchased items from Aarons rent a center for the last 6 years. ^ months ago I had my roomate go their to get a set off washer & dryer. My roommate is moving out so she called to have them picked up. They were suppose to be at her place between 3pm & 8pm. At 745pm I called to see what the hold up was.A man answered & when I explained my situation He made fun off my voice & put me on hold. He left me on hold for close to ten minutes & when he came back he was rude & informed me that they will be here by 8pm. I asked for his name & title. He returned asked who I was in a rude demanding voice. I had told him who I was at the beginning of are conversation. He told me that his name was Jerry, The General Manager. I asked him why he was being so so rude & all he said is their anything else i can do for you. I said Id like the number to the corporate office. He then barked out the number & hung up on me.

I have never been treated in such a manner. This guy Jerry needs to be fired.

The store is on 162nd & division. Jerry is his name. I will never use the services of Aarons rent a center again & would caution anyone from doing so.

• sgfsfsdf Jul 13, 2010

Do you honestly expect anything more from this company? This company rents furniture to people with the worst of credit, charges customers triple the standard retail price, and I don't have anything else to say. I know Charlie Loudermilk, the founder, he doesn't give two [censor] about you and the same for me. Go Heels! Do your research, this will all make sense to you. Well, that's is your Acer laptop from Aaron will connect to your neighbors internet connection.

Aarons Rent To Own - Fairfield, CA — used furniture for new!!

When my mother moved to Solano County (she's 80 years old) she wanted to rent furniture instead of...

Aarons Furniture Rentalsbrand new refridgerator returned damaged

After taking delivery of a brand new fridge it lasted approx. 1 month before blowing hot air. It was sent to service for repairs, in which time we were giving a loaner to use. The loaner leaked all over the floor daily. We were told that that was all they had for a loaner.Approx. 1 month later our fridge was returned and as they brought it into the house I could see dents throughout the side and when they removed the dolly strap there was a 2 inch wide white stripe across the front. I informed them that it was suppose to be a new fridge and thier reply was that I could get a used price for it.My reply was that I did not want that fridge in my house and to take thier worthless loaner with them.

Now I have a front load dryer of which the handle has broken.I have reservations about the dryer going to service for repairs because of our past experience. Again this is abrand new machine and now I have to hope that it is returned to us in the same condition as it leaves.If it ever leaves as we have set up a scheduled time for pick up twice now and yet I still have a broken machine in my home.As of today thier way of fixing this problem is to just come pick up all items and terminating my lease. As I am up to date on payments and have paid off over half of the agreement this is not a viable solution to me.All I ask for is that Aarons holds up to thier part of the agreement and quit trying to pawn off damaged goods to me when I'm paying for new and when I have a legite complaint at least attempt to fix it properly.

Aarons Furniture Rentalshorrible customer service from store and district manager

I just got a computer from Aarons' and was told it would have everything I needed installed, including Anti-Virus. A couple weeks later I now have a virus on my computer. I find out what they did was load a "free" version of an AV program. I work for a software company and our technicians had a really hard time telling me what kind of virus infected my computer. When I called a little peeved about the situation, the manager from Aarons told me "no one was to touch his computers". Silly me...I thought since I was paying for it, the computer was kind of mine. If I had known what was installed I would have put a better AV program on it. I have transferred my account to another store, which installs a 30 day trial of a recommended AV program and has awesomecustomer service.

I'm also not thrilled because they chose to contact someone from an application I filled out 6 years ago. Thankfully my friend didn't mind but it is unprofessional not to call someone and let them know you are using information they didn't provide. Guess Aarons' doesn't like admitting they didn't do their job and get enough references.

When I brought this up with the District Manager he states that regardless of the information being 6 years old, they can still use it...I find this more than a little scary. What else are they doing with personal information?