Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Cars, Parts & Vehicles AAMCO Transmissions aamco transmission master rebuild service including a brand new forward pump and torque converter (! 00% rebuild)

AAMCO Transmissions  -  aamco transmission master rebuild service including a brand new forward pump and torque converter (! 00% rebuild)

V
Author of the complaint
4:28 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This all started October 16, 2019. Took it in for checkup because it had stopped moving forward at a red light, then again at my road to turn into my neighborhood when I had to stop to turn across a divided highway. When I towed it in with my neighbor at first it wouldn't go into Drive gear at their shop, (AAMCO). It went into reverse no problem then into drive no problem or noises. A few days later they advised master rebuild including a forward pump and a torque converter. When I first got it back wouldn't shift properly in drive or manually. Did they even test drive it? They blamed everything on from my Hurst floor shifter, my carburetor, user error, and old truck to driving it wrong.? I've had this truck since 1988 and I would think I know how it ran all those years. no problems or breakdowns ever. First time I left it there was October 21, 2019 when they said total rebuild. Keep in mind not one problem ever till the last 1 mile I drove it home that day Oct. 15th. I have talked to them at least 35 times on the phone and had it into their shop at least 5 times since they repaired it. The last time I had it back to them was yesterday January 13, 2020 as per your corporate request to give them one more attempt at getting it right. It was shifting first gear to second gear to neutral then into drive with the gear selector set in drive automatic and it was in drive gear before 20-25 MPHThis last time I took it in it has a brand new Holley carburetor transmission downshift rod return spring and Hurst shifter cable installed and was manually shifting perfectly. Now it has no reverse unless you play with the shifter a lot and is chirping the tires when and if you can even find reverse jerking the truck violently. My old vehicle idles at 600 RPM and shouldn't ever jerk going into a gear. Now it chirps the tires when it shifts driving it around town in traffic. I'm tired of attempting talk and repairs with them. All of my contacts are logged down as well as all correspondence since this all started as per BBB and the state licensing people. When I spoke to you last I was supposed to be called back in 30 minutes which never happened as they were going to contact the AAMCO Zephyrhills, Fl 33541. Now the complaint is in your hands till I figure out how to solve this dilemma as I can not afford to put it into another shop to see what the difficulty is. I am beginning to think all the years I have seen AAMCO transmissions on TV has been false or misleading.

More AAMCO Transmissions complaints & reviews

AAMCO Transmissions - rip off
AAMCO Transmissions - I was scammed at aamco!
AAMCO Transmissions - $4,000 job gone wrong