Aamcodidn't offer services they claimed to offer

I called Aamco because they were the only transmission shop within 60 miles of my residence. I spoke with a guy over the phone who asked what my car was doing. I told him that the vehicle was driving normal, had never had any transmission issues whatsoever, the fluid was normal level and suddenly the overdrive light started blinking, about 30 seconds later the vehicle began to rev up, jump and shift into the next gear everytime it would shift. As I said I had no prior warning of this happening because my car hasn't had problems. The Aamco employee told me that it sounded like my car (98 Ford Contour) had gone into something called fail safe mode and it sounded like it was probably a sensor or something that had gone bad because transmissions usually don't just go out with no warning. He told me I could have my car towed in the following Monday. I went to this Aamco because on their website it says they will approve you for financing, no credit checks. I did this just in case I needed to have work done and it was something more serious then a sensor. At 11:15am Rick who claimed to be the manager at the store called and told me that they pulled the codes PO732 and PO734 from my car and that those codes basically meant that I had no 2nd gear. He told me that he can not further diagnose my car without taking out the entire transmission and just for removing the transmission and the diagnosis it would be 675.00. He then quoted me prices. He said if there was a minor problem inside the transmission or a sensor (why cant you get to a sensor without taking out the tranny?) then it would end up running about [protected].00. If there was a major issue and they needed to rebuild the tranny then it would run [protected].00. I told them I didnt have this kind of money and the only way I could do it is if they financed me through the program they advertise. "Rick" told me he would call me back. I got a call back again saying that this particular Aamco doesn't offer the financing with no credit check and that I would have to apply for GE credit to have the work done. Needless to say during all of this I found out that three other people I know recently were told the SAME thing about their cars (one of who just had bad fluid/filter) and luckily none of those people approved the repairs either. The day after I refused the work I got a rude call from "Rick" telling me my car is bottlenecking their shop and I need to get it out of there.

I saw on the outside of the building that it was Aamco but nobody was wearing Aamco gear and the "manager" appeared to be some guy off the street. I also noticed the permits on the walls for for a Pacific Coast Transmission not for Aamco. These people did NOT try to help me, they falsely advertised their financing options forcing me to use a AAA tow that I wouldn't have used if I knew and now I am without a car thanks to them and their outrageous ways and prices.