6 Day DentalImproper Billing

H

We recently had a consultation for my daughter. After initial consultation they made us sign up for $3000 treatment plan. The Doctor agreed to consult with peers before starting the treatment and informed us that there could be other alternatives for a young child. Wonder how they came with an cost for treatment with out knowing how they will be treating. We agreed, and the office was supposed to call us for next consultation in a week. Weeks went by and we did not hear from them. In the meantime they started billing for treatment without starting any treatment. We called and asked for clarification, they indicated it is part of treatment costs. Despite our requests to stop billing us until the treatment starts, they refused and kept pointing to the paperwork we were made to sign during first consultation. We insisted on a meeting with Doctor for the 2nd visit to discuss our options. They gave an appointment but in an inconvenient time and made it as though we have need to see the Doc on that day as a matter of urgency. This is after a month and we initiated the call since we did not hear from the office. In the second visit the Doc explained the option and indicated we could start the treatment. The irony is so far no treatment and the office was planning to bill us for the 2nd month. When we asked for them to stop billing they refused and pointed to the contract and CC info we gave at the beginning of the consultation. After further discussion, the office mgr agreed to bill for services up to that point and cancel future CC billing. Again for the record no treatment has started till now.

If we had not called them they would keep billing us for services they did not provide. Office visit experience was poor. It was like an assembly line. We waited for 45 min past our appointment time and no one bothered to let us know if we will see the Doc. In the mean time people who came later than us were being called in for further consultation. Frequently we saw new Doc's in the dental and Ortho office. It appears they have problem retaining good Doc's.

Poor service and attitude from office staff. I would not recommend this dental office. The Doc was very nice person. Called us personally apologized for inconvenience. He is sincere and caring, I don't think much of the office and professionalism of 6 day dental in Flower Mound, TX

• Ju
    justamom1 Dec 29, 2014

A similar thing happened with me, but with my daughter's braces. We paid the contract in full before we started so we could save some money. We were told that we wouldn't have to make anymore payments and we were able to just walk in and walk out. One day, my daughter goes to check in to the office for her appointment and the lady refused to let her in because we had "payments" even though we had already covered everything. She didn't get her monthly adjustment because she didn't have the money to pay. That was wrong on their part. I went there the next day and the accountants were very rude. I was shocked, I felt as if i was at a retail store after a long Black Friday sales day. It was not a good experience.
    If i hadn't signed a contract saying that we are committed, I would have switched long ago. My other daughters (don't have braces) also had cleaning there but i thoughtlessly switched to another dentist after being there for 2 years.

• 6d
    6 Day Dental Dec 27, 2011

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics has maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau since January 2003, a testament to our commitment to exceptional patient care and 100% satisfaction. It is our goal to preserve this rating through our Total Patient Care mission, ensuring every patient has an experience we can be proud of.

We strive to provide the best care possible to all our dental and orthodontic patients and wish to work with our patients to make sure their experience is handled to their satisfaction. If your experience has not been resolved to your 100% satisfaction, please contact the Practice Manager at the 6 Day location you visited or e-mail us at [email protected]

We appreciate all feedback given by patients. It helps us analyze areas we can improve upon which in turn allows us to serve our patients more efficiently.

6 Day Dental & Orthodontics