Bradenton Dental Center Logo

Bradenton Dental Center

Having problems with Bradenton Dental Center?

4600 Manatee Ave West.
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

superior dental work

Please do not believe the rating you see on this site. Dr. Stoyka is a caring and Gentle Dentist. I have been going to her for many years and have recommended her on MANY occasions to friends and family.

On one occasion, she was available the same day to see an out-of-town guest that was staying with us! Her professional staff was able to verify out of state insurance and fit my friend into Dr. Stoyka's schedule. Dr. Stoyka diagnosed the situation and got my guest out of pain.

Very, very impressed as a longtime patient!

Resolved Dental visit

I would describe my experience as a -10, as in negative 10. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Stoyka for this morning, July 10, 2014. Before I even went in for my scheduled appointment I was told since I hadn't been to the dentist in 10 years that they would need to do a debridement and pano, which was not covered by my insurance. So, the simple cleaning and bitewings that the insurance company would pay for, obviously wasn't good enough. Even prior to ever seeing me. The Hygienist was pleasant enough, although hard to understand at times because of his accent. He continually told me how impressed he was with my teeth and was surprised having not been to the dentist in so long. (My mouth is healthy, I brush, I floss, my gums don't bleed and I have only had two cavities my entire life) He also told me, upon viewing my pano, that I had pocket depths of 5 in my upper right and left in the area of my wisdom teeth. Five is a normal depth for wisdom teeth. Next thing I know the office manager, Donna, come in to sell me an anti-biotic and/or scaling and root planing for the infection that will cause periodontal disease, as I had pocket depths of 5 in all FOUR quadrants. NOT ONCE did I see Dr. Stoyka to go over my x-rays and these findings. However, I was told I could either pay $260.00 for the antibiotic or $340.00 for the scaling and root planing. I told Donna that I would have to come back for treatment as I wasn't prepared to pay that at this time. An appointment was made for 07-31-2014. I also happen to work closely with dental practices out of the area and I mentioned this to one of my colleagues. It was suggested that I call them back and ask for a script for Periodex, which is a rinse and the old fashioned treatment for periodontal disease. Donna, politely, argued with me stating that was not what the doctor recommended. I told her that
I never saw the doctor. She said that the doctor based that on my x-rays and perio chart. I, then, asked if she would please ask the doctor for the Periodex and see what she says. I also asked about obtaining a copy of my chart and x-rays to show a dentist friend of mine out of town and Donna told me of the fee involved and time it would take to get them. No problem there. She said she would call me back with the Periodex answer.
Well, she did! She called back and told me that if I wanted a second
opinion that I could pay the fee and I will later receive my records and that
perhaps I should find another dental care provider. I was FIRED as a patient, meerly, for asking questions and not going along with the treatment the OFFICE MANAGER PRESCRIBED. I NEVER, ONCE, saw Dr. Stoyka. Also, the nice hygienist NEVER said I needed this treatment. I told Donna that I would be right down to pay my fee for my records. I was and I did. DONNA is the most rude individual all the while maintaining her quiet, sweet as syrup voice. It is her way or the highway!!! I, certainly, wish I had read these reviews prior to making my first and last appointment with this dental practice. I wonder if there really is a Dr. Stoyka or if Donna is practicing dentistry under her name and license. Either way, I would say RUN don't walk as far and as fast as you can from this dental racket. All they want to do is give you treatment that, quite possibly, is not even necessary. You or your dental health are not their main concern, believe me. They are only in it for the money!!

Resolved Do You research

I
was new to the area and didn't do my research.

I went to Dr. Stoyka

I was there for over two (2) hrs, before she saw me.

I had my whole family scheduled to go the following week.

I left the office, feeling as if I needed a shower.

I cancelled any and all future appointments for my family and I.

I must have a communication problem, because everything that I
"thought" the staff told me was incorrect regarding insurance
payments.

The BBB rates this "operation" an F . Also,
See Manatee CTY Medical Negligence Case #412007 CA 004658

Compare and contrast, pick any three Dentists, at random and perform a simple
search for "complaints";

do
They have as many as Dr. Stoyka's operation?

Where there’s smoke, is there fire?

10)
A word to the wise is sufficient.

This is easily the worse Dentist or business for that matter I have ever been too in Bradenton. After finding out I had a double route canal and in alot of pain I was only given 4 days worth of pain reliever and had a scheduled appt with an oral surgeon 2 weeks away. When my wife called in the office for the 3rd time around 4pm giving them 7hrs to call her back from the first 2 times of calling waiting on a call back the dentist Dr. Stoyka spoke to my wife. Caller her basically a drug dealer looking for more pain relievers and said qoute " Well if you stop babying him he wouldn't need more pain relievers." Once I received a call from my wife in tears telling me what happened. I called the office myself getting a run around and told I would get a call back. Surprise surprise no call back. we are filing with our insurance company soltice to get her removed from there list along with BBB and the practice relations department.

Resolved DEADBEAT DENTIST

Worse than bad! Livy Stoyka and her staff worked my two kids over. Apparently the whole place runs on unbelievable rudeness, dishonesty and poor workmanship. My step-daughter left bleeding & in tears. My son left shaking with anger at the treatment they received.

They went in for basic checkups & had poor quality unauthorized work done on them. Neither kid was advised of the upcharges. Before they even left, the office staff started collection agency-type tactics to get payment for unauthorized work out of 2 broke college students. When I called to sort things out, I got the run-around & amazing rudeness. They got their stories crossed several times then called me a liar. They also tried to play my kids against me. I got a sense of pure evil from these people, just from a phone call.

If you went to this dentist under a dental plan and are unhappy, call the dental plan provider's Practice Relations Department & complain loudly. My insurance is investigating her online record and may ban her.

Awful things about Stoyka are all over the Internet. My kids experience mirrors the stuff online. Can so many identical nightmares be a coincidence? Check her out on /link removed/ and the BBB website too. It's unbelievable.

Resolved Worst Dentist in Bradenton

She is the worst dentist I have ever had the misfortune of visiting. Do yourself a favor and go to the Better Business Bureau website and see the multiple complaints against this dentist. She has an "F" rating from the BBB. She suggested over $6000 worth of unnecessary work that another dentist fixed for $100. She is condescending and her practice is top heavy with office staff that does nothing but find ways to overbill your insurance company. I received a collections notice less than a week after my initial visit even though I paid a co-pay and the rest was to be covered by insurance. They don't even wait for the insurance company to pay them before they are sending you off to collections. Just a horrible, horrible practice, I trust nothing the woman said to me because none of it was coming from a place of my best interest or health, it was all through the filter of generating maximum revenues for the dentist. She is the worst dentist I have ever seen.

• Go
    Good Patient Jun 03, 2009

Dr. Stoyka is by far the BEST dentist I have ever been to - she is gentle and sweet and whoever posted this obviously has money issues and is taking it out on Dr. Stoyka - people wil always complain about paying their bills.

• Th
    Thomas O'Donnell Mar 02, 2011

One can tell this comment is direct from the corrupt Stoyka desk. Check the FACTS from the BBB and dentistry board and the insurance companies such as my Humana HMO which has ruled against her in fraudulant billing - she and her office are corrupt, incompetent, and vindictive. I complained when Stoyka broke my HMO rules requiring her not to bill in excess of what the plan allowed. She called the police and had me removed from her office. Check the Manatee County Sheriff's Records Dept. - she has an unbelievable amount of dispatches to her office removing patients who question her practices. I checked two comparable dental offices for the past year and there were no dispatches. These are facts. I am working now with the FL Board of Dentistry & Division of Quality Medical Assurance, which licenses her, furnishing them with facts that show she engages in fraudulant billing practices and unethical conduct against patients. I believe she will have her licensed suspended following the investigation since she has repeated complaints, well-founded, against her. I challenge Stoyka's office to dispute the facts. She cannot.

• Ra
    RADD Sep 09, 2011

I wanted to believe she was just having a bad day because she had always been so sweet and friendly. Now my son has 1 crown that came out and my daughter has 1 crown that is painful. I am still paying for 2 crowns that are in my purse instead of my mouth. She claimed I was rude on the phone to her staff, which I wasn't, snapped her gloves off and threw them on the tray and told me to find myself another dentist. I left in tears. I still haven't been able to get the crowns fixed. I had a consultation with another dentist who said the crowns were destined to fail from poor workmanship. The next surprise was when I told him I really didn't want to say who had done the work and he guessed and got it right!! That is when I started looking at reviews and realized that my family is not the only one that has had these kinds of experiences. I just don't want to see others go through this.

• Be
    Bean74 Sep 13, 2011

I cannot believe this woman still has a practice. Today a co-worker was telling m not to go to her and I shocked her with my story dating back maybe 5 0r 6 years. Dr. Stoyka was on my list through the insurance company so I scheduled an appointment. She took x-rays and told me I would need a root canal or have it removed. I told her I would think about it check my finances and get back to her to shedule an appointment. When I got to the front desk the girl said, "Ok, that will be $85." I said, no I have insurance with a $10 co-pay. She insisted I had a "discount card" - 3 times she said no it's a discount card. So I paid the $85 and called my insurance company immediately to find out what was going on. The representative told me I had insurance with the $10 co-pay and not to worry she would call the dentist to straighten it out. The next day the insurance rep called and said, "you can go pick up a check tomorrow." So I went to pick up the check and the girl up front said, "Just a moment, Dr. Stoyka has it." So, the Dr. comes out and starts yelling at me that I should have spoken to her first before calling my insurance company and that I was no longer welcome there. There were other patients in the office who looked just as stunned as I did. I asked her if she treated all of her patients like this and she threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. I called her an a**hole and left.

• Ji
    jimwc Jun 13, 2014

I agree with all the negative reviews, she is possible the worst dentist and business person I have ever dealt with. She took two tries to get the correct crowns replaced. She promised not to take two weeks on the second set, but did any way. I asked her to prepare a plan with my new insurance to do the dental work I needed and email it to me. She agreed and her office manager was to do that. We set a tentative appointment based on her getting me that information as I wanted to budget for it. I canceled first appointment and asked for the plan to be emailed and rescheduled the appointment. The plan was never emailed and I got a call and a bill for a missed appointment. I think it was the dentist not the office manager that actually called about the missed appointment. I asked about the treatment plan that I had never received. She claimed it had been mailed, I checked it never was. Then she claimed I owed her for 2 hours and she would turn me over to collections. I still needed dental work so was confused why we went from working out a misunderstanding to screaming that she would send me to collections. I believe she is bipolar or the worst customer service person I have met. I went home and looked at the bill and decided I would pay for an hours fee as disclosed on her website and was preparing to send a check, when I received a collection notice. I can not believe she is in business and mouth where she did the work feels sensitive at the gum. This is one Dental Practice to avoid. I will never seek out a doctor, dentist or anyone I plan to do business with without checking reviews on the Internet.

• Lc
    Lc Wedding Dec 02, 2015

I agree with the negative reviews. I am a nurse and a very familiar with the insurance process. They first told me I had 5 cavities which I got a second and third opinion on and there were no cavities found. She tried to bill us a copay which is not allowed under our policy. She also worked up a $1000 charge for "needed" fillings for my husband which again were proved invalid by two other dentist offices. This lady is a complete fraud with multiple ethical claims against her. Do not go here.

Resolved Dr Livy E. Stoyka, mal practice

Unprofessional Dentis!!! I’m impressed, I usually don’t google people, but from now I surely will. This i...

Resolved Crazy/Bi polar/rudd

She is very Rudd, careless, and she has no customer service skill's what so ever. All three times i have came i had to wait because she is late again. She has no consideration for her patient's time, The last time i was their i heard her yelling at her staff and she was using the worst language i have ever heard. F this and F that. very unprofessional, Not to mention my perfectly good molar which had a small break which scratched my tongue up she said i had to have a crown. So I did the worst experience of my life i waited so long after she numbed me because her asst said she was on the phone. he had to give me more anes. then i had to wait some more. i was their 2 1/2 hrs for one tooth come on that's ridiculous, i never had any problems with my tooth except my filling came out. After the numbing finally went away i had pain like you wouldn't believe I called her office said i had to come in they took an xray and sent me to get a root canal. They told me she filed my tooth all the way to the nerve that's why it hurt me. so another day off work and a thousand dollars... What ever you do DO NOT GO TO HER SHE IS CRAZY RUDD AND HER WORK SUCKS...

HARASSMENT

USED US WE DID NOTHING WRONG--SHOWED UP
30 MIN LATE FOR CHILDERNS PARTY AFTER CALL----
SET EVERYTHING UP FOR FREE NOTHING WE COULD DO WAS
GOOD ENOUGH TO SATISFY HER.
LIED LIED AND LIED SOME MORE
BAD BAD LADY WHO LIKES TO THROW HER WIEGHT AROUND
BE CAUTIOUS IN ANY DEALINGS WITH HER!!

WENT NUTS SMEARED OUR GOOD NAME ON INTERNET

IRONIC WITH SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT HER!