Menu

24 Hour Fitness
reviews and complaints

www.24hourfitness.com
www.24hourfitness.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 314 Reviews

How responsive is 24 Hour Fitness's customer service?

76 Resolved
229 Unresolved
Almost disappeared 🫥
We're pretty sure that if 24 Hour Fitness showed up wayyyy more often on ComplaintsBoard and paid more attention to reviews and complaints, it would lead to better results. But for now, the resolution rate doesn't show successful interaction with customers. We advise reviewers to be careful when communicating with 24 Hour Fitness and be ready for the chance your problem might not get a response. It's also good to start looking for other solutions if your issues aren't fixed as you want.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for 24 Hour Fitness has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

24 Hour Fitness fitness enthusiasts reviews and complaints 314

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
8 reviews
Sort by:

Newest 24 Hour Fitness reviews and complaints

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness My son was a member of 24 Hour Fitness in *********, prior to leaving home for University

My son was a member of 24 Hour Fitness in ***, prior to leaving home for University. When he went to University, I personally called 24 Hour Fitness, Located at *** (Tel: ***), to cancel the account. The manager on duty at the time advised that the account could be frozen and reinstated at anytime. He made no mention of any policy regarding automatic reinstatement after six months. I believe the manager's name is ***. Recently in reviewing charges my son my incurring on his credit card while at University, I noticed a monthly charge from 24 hour fitness, that started in March of 2022, and was charged every month since. I question my son about this and he advised me that he had not reinstated his account at 24 hour fitness and he hadn't received any emails from 24 hour fitness, other than promotional emails, since August 2021; certainly no statements or no notices about reinstatement. Furthermore, there is nothing on the 24 Hour Fitness Website that says anything about automatic reinstatement policies, and I'm not aware of any other Gym that has a policy like this. All other Gyms, to my knowledge don't automatically reinstate. Irrespective of this, the only reason why the account was not cancelled in August 2021 is because the manager of the Gym advised me to freeze rather than cancel because I wouldn't continue to be billed, and the account could be reactivated at any time; for example, if my son returned home from University for the summer and wanted to use the Gym. It appears that the manager misled me for the purposes of maintaining membership statistics. I called to request a full refund in the circumstances, and the manager *** advised me that he could not and would not offer any refunds. He claimed that the policy was fully communicated in the contract that my son agreed to. That I believe is a lie. The policy at the very least should be changed. This is a scam.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness In October of 2022, I went to the facility about taking a few personal training sessions to become more familiar with

In October of 2022, I went to the facility about taking a few personal training sessions to become more familiar with the equipment plus learn proper training techniques. I met with the manager ***. I told him my interest and that I was retired with Silver Sneakers through my healthcare. I only wanted just a few sessions. *** told me that I could get a much better deal if I would sign up for a group of 10 lessons. Although I didn't need that many I agreed to take the package of ten sessions only.Once we settled on that he said that I could start at any time. I found out that he assigned me to *** who was to be my trainer. I was very happy with her. As we were nearing the end of the package deal I received an inquiry about my satisfaction with the training. I gave my trainer the highest marks. Shortly after I found out that they had enrolled me in some sort of revolving monthly payment of $560. per month which I never agreed to, could not afford, and told her that I need or want them. I communicated this to my trainer and she took it to the manager. She came back and said the management would reimburse me for the second set of training but since I had already overlapped the set of lessons I could continue to train with her and they would also refund my funds. I thank them for the good customer service. My membership for both my wife and myself goes back to the early ***s as valued customers. I asked my trainer when the additional sessions would be expired because I would be on my own after that. She went to management again and told them I had requested no continuation of service. She looked up my account and found out they were charging me $560 per month for some sort of life package that I never requested. I told her again that the only reason I continued any training was that they offered it to me on them. Now they are denying everything and finally agreed to cancel the contract after taking 6 months out of my account. FRAUD!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness During the start of the pandemic, 24 hour fitness had temporarily closed which was understandable

During the start of the pandemic, 24 hour fitness had temporarily closed which was understandable. Upon reopening they had notified members that hours would be modified due to cleaning and sanitation as recommended by state and federal authorities. However, the state of *** has lifted the max *** restrictions along with service hours restrictions and the *** has stated that surface transmission is not the main way the virus is spread. This has now negated their reason for closing the gym to fully sanitize the gym, but continue to limit the hours of which the gym can be utilized. Furthermore the *** of *** 24 Hour fitness cited bankruptcy and new ownership as the reason for the limited hours. It is my understanding that unless a new club agreement is offered to and signed by me, new ownership cannot change the terms of my agreement. When I signed no such mention of limited hours, outside of holidays, were agreed upon. Furthermore, when asked if the decision to be operating on limited hours were communicated to current members the *** could not answer, as I have never been in receipt of such communication. I would think that a service that I am paying for would communicate changes in terms and conditions the same way banks and credit cards are required to by law. I feel like I am still paying the originally agreed upon price but the 24 hour fitness company is not providing the service that was originally agreed upon. This would be the second time this company has done this to me. First when I originally signed up they told me I would have access to any 24 hour gym if I sign up for a lifetime membership. That was not the case with them branding a different gym level super sport. I have paid my yearly memberships and the additional monthly memberships as almost all gyms in *** are now Super Sport I feel i have been lied to and have paid for this companies lies when other gyms are priced similar with more operating hours and similar amenities.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness I've had a membership with 24hr fitness since 2013 with no issue of keeping my account current

I've had a membership with 24hr fitness since 2013 with no issue of keeping my account current. I've been asked on 8 occasions to resubmit my bank info because their system keeps canceling out my payments. The last time this incident occurred the manager assured me that she would resolve it if it happened again. Unfortunately 4 months ago it occurred again and I gave my banking information to an employee by the name of *** at least 4 times. This prompted my bank to contact me to see if my credit card had been stolen because of so many transaction attempts. However, I was recently notified that *** did not fix the issues. So today I went inside in person to speak with the *** to resolve the issue. I spoke with *** for about 20 minutes going over the issue because he's the one employee who has been receiving my bank information and who I've worked with since this issue started. *** wanted to re-submit my credit card as he has done in the past but as I explained to him that this has not resolved my issue. The *** by name of *** approached me in a very hostile, aggressive and unprofessional manner. He first asked me what was the issue without even checking the history of my account. He then told me that I only had two options which was to pay the balance or terminate my account. I was baffled because I would think the *** would have better problem solving abilities, active listening and critical thinking skills. He approached me with so much hostility that I felt like I was about to be attacked on the street and not in a professional establishment that's supposed to be safe for all patrons. I was afraid to continue the conversation in fear of things escalating. I asked for the number to corporate in which he replied " Corporate is not going to do anything but send you back to me" I need this issue resolved and the *** addressed because he shouldn't address any other customer with such hostility especially women.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness I signed up on a ***** ******* with a friend at the 24 Hours Fitness gym at the ******************************* in *****

I signed up on a *** with a friend at the 24 Hours Fitness gym at the *** in ***, *** on December 15. They required that I enter my personal information (name, number, email, address, etc.) along with my debit information to withdraw the monthly charges, which is $21.64 a month, with my *** being the *** account holder. We were attending the location on a regular basis up until around late February or early March when we both needed to travel overseas. Starting May, I noticed that they were charging me random amounts along with the normal $21.64 charge. I could not call them to ask why as I was traveling, so I sent a written message through their customer service site asking why I was being charged amounts totaling to approx. $56.07. I have not received an answer.Fast forward to the beginning of July, I called the branch directly about the problem and they were also concerned about the random amounts and told me that they have printed off my profile and put it on the manager's desk, who was not present. Every time I call they tell me that the manager is not present and I will have to call on another day, and that my ***, the *** account holder, cancelled the membership in the beginning of June, but the amounts are probably withdrawn due to him pulling out his debit information (it would still not total $56.07). Today I called and I finally got hold of the manager, who told me a completely different story, stating that my *** has been dodging customer service calls (probably due to him being overseas) and that I am being charged on behalf of him. I did not get notified by anyone of this, and I have not used the facility since late February. He then said that he will remove my debit information from the account "as a courtesy" and that he does not have to, and that there will be no refunds. And due to playing cat and mouse with the branch since the beginning of July, I got charged the same amounts for this month.

Y
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness ON MARCH 18, 2023 I PAID $382.00 FOR A MONTH MEMBERSHIP FOR MY SON AND I AT 24 HOUR FITNESS LOCATED AT *****************

ON MARCH 18, 2023 I PAID $382.00 FOR A MONTH MEMBERSHIP FOR MY SON AND I AT 24 HOUR FITNESS LOCATED AT ***. AT NO TIME DID I AGREE FOR AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. ON APRIL 1,2023 MY BANK ACCOUNT HAD 2 WITHDRAWALS IN THE AMOUNT OF $49.99 FROM 24 HOUR FITNESS. ON APRIL 17, 2023 MY BANK ACCOUNT HAD 2 WITHDRAWALS IN THE AMOUNT OF $30.00 FROM 24 HOUR FITNESS. TODAY APRIL 18, 2023 I CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM THEY HAD NO AUTHORIZATION TO GO INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT AND CHARGE ME ANY FEES AND THAT THEY NEED TO PUT THAT MONEY BACK. I ASKED WHY DID THEY DO THAT, AND *** THE MANAGER SAID ONE FEE WAS FOR A YEARLY FEE AND THE OTHER WAS FOR A MONTLY FEE. I TOLD HIM HE HAS NO RIGHT TO GO INTO MY BANK AND TAKE OUT MONEY WHAT SO EVER. HE SAID HE WOULD SEND ME A EMAIL TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP. I SAID KEEP MY SONS MEMBERSHIP OPEN BECAUSE HE ENJOYED GOING BUT TO STAY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT. THE MANAGER SAID, WELL THEN YOU BETTER MAKE SURE HE PAYS BEFORE THE 17TH. I SAID NO STAY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT. HE SAID IT AGAIN THEN YOU BETTER MAKE SURE HE PAYS BEFORE THE 17TH. I TOOK THAT AS A THREAT. WHO IN THE *** DOES HE THINK HE IS. LIKE I SAID STAY OUT OF MY BANK AND PUT THAT MONEY BACK BECAUSE I AM CANCELING HIS MEMBERSHIP TOO. AT THIS TIME IT WAS AROUND LUNCH TIME. I HAD TO GO BACK TO WORK. WELL AS SOON AS I GOT OFF WORK I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT TO MAKE SURE HE PUT THAT MONEY BACK AND HE DID NOT. SO I DROVE TO THE FACILITY AND ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER. A GIRL NAMED *** LOOKED UP MY ACCOUNT AND WAS ARGUING WITH ME THAT THERE WAS NOTHING SHE COULD DO BECAUSE I AGREED TO THE AUTOMATIC PAYMENT. AT NO TIME DID I EVER AGREE TO THAT. I ASKED HER FOR THE CORPORATE PHONE NUMBER AND SHE SAID TO LOOK FOR IT ONLINE. I WAS ABSOLUTELY LIVID. NOT ONLY DID I FEEL LIKE I GOT ROBBED, BUT THEY HAD NO RESPECT AND ACTED RUDE TO ME AND WAS LAUGHING AT ME. THAT PLACE IS A SCAM AND I WANT THE ENTIRE AMOUNT OF MONEY PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. TOTAL OF $541.98.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness On May 28, 2023, the theft saw off my lock at women locker room of 24hours Fitness Club, *******, ** (******************

On May 28, 2023, the theft saw off my lock at women locker room of 24hours Fitness Club, ***, *** (*** business phone# ***), my bag which contained purse (*** drive license, SSN, cash, credit cards, Chase blank checks); Apple watch and earbuds, prescription glass and others for approximate value $1500 - $2000; the theft rushed to nearby *** gas station and Target spent approximately $1,300. I reported it to the *** of ***, ***.Later I learned that 24hrs fitness club *** and *** location had many stolen cases like mine happened. I sent several time complaints letter to CEO *** of 24hrs fitness Club regarding the incident, I have never received any response from his office. Finally, I received a response from Sales/Service manager *** who was there when the incident happened, she said: Unfortunately, 24 Hour Fitness is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.Later I had a conversation with Mr. the General Manager of 24hrs fitness club ***, he showed me there was a small note on the wall in front of women locker, let people know there were incidents happened, therefore dont bring valuable personal belonging to the club.There were times the club front desk employees either walked away or talked on the phone, worked on the computeretc, and incoming people walked in without notice, some members and I experienced such situation. According to 24hrs Fitness, there are no camaras allowed in the locker rooms (men and women), which its understandable, but they could have a camara to monitor members in and out the looker rooms in case they need pull the data supporting investigation of police department. In my case, I entered the club at 5:40pm of May 28, 2023, according to ***, BOA and LOFT fraud alert, the theft spent the credit card at 6:08pm 6:13pm. The clubs camara really can support investigations.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness I was on a leg extension machine and was asked by another member multiple times to the point that I was subsequently

I was on a leg extension machine and was asked by another member multiple times to the point that I was subsequently harassed until I told him to please go away, and he then aggressed me while his blonde friend held him back while I was strapped into the machine unable to defend myself. This happened right in front of a camera, so silly me thinking I would be well protected. I brought it up to a customer service representative named *** who actually signed me up for this membership 3 months ago. ***, although asked the other party questions did not collect a name, and when I asked him to review the cameras he first said he only could with a manager the next day, then I insisted he check because within my ability to judge, he wasn't taking this situation seriously. When I went downstairs to try and escalate the resolution of this issue myself, he admitted to me that the cameras do not work. So not only did I have to go downstairs and ask for an incident report to be filed, he made no attempt at making the environment safer for me. I would like to have a formal complaint addressed and as I have a year contract if not attempt to restore my workout environment to be able to peacefully enjoy the amenities I paid for, I would like a refund for the amount I paid minus the time I have used the facility. *** made it clear to me tonight that he had no serious demeanor regarding an attempt to resolve a social issue that was entirely out of hand, I even attempted to call the police so I would have a way of getting the other gym members name recorded for the purposes of potential revocation of privileges. *** did not even collect the individuals first name. Maybe this wouldnt be a problem had 24 hour fitness invested in REAL CAMERAS, instead of buying fake ones. The fact that *** even told me this floored me, so I would HIGHLY appreciate real cameras being installed at the *** location in ***, . Also, retrain your employee (***) on customer relations.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness I went to 24 hour fitness in ****** ** to sign up for a monthly membership

I went to 24 hour fitness in *** to sign up for a monthly membership. *** who attended to me told me that I would have to take a package deal consisting of 5 personal training session, a monthly membership for life and 2 *** passes for as long as I maintain my membership. *** assured me that this was the best deal and I was getting it only because he needed to sign up a client that day. He also assured me that I am committing to only 5 personal training sessions and no further billing for personal training would take place after my initial payment. At the time of sign up , I made it very clear that I am committing to the 5 personal training sessions only and did not want and further personal training once the 5 sessions ended. *** agreed to this and introduced me to my trainer *** ,who also became aware that I am having 5 sessions only.Unfortunately, 24 fitness continued to charge my credit card $200 a month for additional personal training which I did not agree to nor did I participate in. I brought the mistake to the manager *** and ***. *** acknowledged it was a mistake on his part and said *** was seeing about a refund. *** agreed that a refund would be issued after speaking to *** and him admitting it was a mistake. After weeks of having *** assuring me that a refund was on its way I finally spoke with the other manager *** who said I could not get a refund . Both *** and *** advised me to request a refund from my credit card , despite the fact that the excess boiling was an error on their part. I requested a meeting between myself, *** ,*** and *** to resolve the issue and was told that it was *** last day at and a meeting was denied. I strongly believe 24 hour fitness mis represented themself and lied to me . They also continued to bill my credit card without my permission and is refusing to issue a refund for personal training sessions I did not take or authorized to be billed.I have written to 24 hour fitness cooperate office to get a refund but to date I have yet to hear from them. I am requesting your assistance in this matter and all help is greatly appreciated.Thank you

11:04 am EST

24 Hour Fitness membership canceled and they still charge me

In October I switch to my Medicare senior advantage and put my membership on that. to do that I had to cancel my membership that was in my nick name and go to my legal name for it. Now they cant find my old membership but it is still charging my credit card. The phone numbers they give to contact them all say they offices are closed I have tried 4 times throughout the day to reach them. I called my local gym and they can not find my old membership. I have started a dispute with my card company on this.

Claimed loss: 359.99

Desired outcome: refund and make sure it does not happen again

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified 24 Hour Fitness representatives only. If you are affiliated with 24 Hour Fitness, please claim your business to access these details.

2:47 pm EST

24 Hour Fitness About an altercation that took place at the Woodland Hill, CA Location

To whom this may concern,

Even though I'm not homosexual, I have few homosexual friends. At the Woodland Hill Club location, I saw one of my homosexual friends at the club and hugged him. I hadn't seen him in forever so I was happy to see him.

After he left I went to the pool area, and a club member out of nowhere started calling me a [censored]. Thank god two 24-hour fitness employees were there and witnessed the entire situation. That club member started to approach me in a threatening way and I took a defensive posture.

However, the 24-hour fitness employees prevented the fight from happening.

Regards,

Marlo Barge

310.463.1035

Member ID MBR10970083

Desired outcome: Please refund my entire account. I would like to cancel my membership forever. I don't want to be a member of a club that allows discrimination of any type.

6:02 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

24 Hour Fitness - Harassment and exploitation

I am a member at 24 hour fitness for years on and off at the location in Valley Stream New York. A male staff came into the females locker room while I was in a fetal position. Neal down sitting on the bench in which I could of been undress. Male staff should of never be in the females locker room in the first place. He was warned about this behavior in the...

9:53 pm EST

24 Hour Fitness Fraudulent charges

A member who is not “my add on” nor in anyway are our accounts connected is able to charge my credit card for their membership. I talked to the front desk and they basically said that the member must have brought in a physical copy of my credit card and added it to their account. This is impossible as I am the only person with my physical credit card. They insist that this is not on their end and since our accounts are not connected, they are basically saying this member stole my credit card information. No one will help.

Claimed loss: November 1st, 2023 $18.99November 1st, 2023 $18.99November 1st, 2023 $49.99

Desired outcome: Total loss: $87.97

O
12:58 am EDT

24 Hour Fitness Filthy and not cleanliness

Please view the photos. Need I say anymore? BLACK MOLDS EVERYWHERE! Should I call in the regulatory agency to check out the shower rooms? Needs help to clean up these hazardous showers NOW! They tell me they dont have a lady to clean the Lady's rooms. This is the result of having its members subjected to unhealthy conditions every time we come in to take a shower. Just drive few miles up the road to Santa Monica 24hr Fitness and look at their showers. Completely spotless!

Desired outcome: NEED SOME BIG TIME THOROUGH CLEANING

2:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness Very dirty mens bathrooms all the time.

Hello 24, Hour fitness

I have been a member of your gym for almost 23 years now and the gym that I come to now in Portland, Oregon 9730 at 1541 NE 181st Ave

Has the worst bathrooms I have seen in your gyms. I live less than three minutes away from this gym but I will travel to Vancouver Washington to your 24 hour fitness on fourth plain Boulevard just to not have to go into the gym on 181st Ave. because of the bathrooms, I know it may been challenging to get good help. but to me it seems like this particular gym that clean bathrooms are not a priority and trust me. I have always liked your gyms . Just a concerned customer and I mean every time I come into your gym at this location. The men’s restrooms are not clean, I hope you Guys would be able to do something about this this last picture with the sign on the stall has been there for a week and that’s the main stall that is always filthy and now it’s just locked.

But on a Positive note the Main parts of the Gym are clean.

Desired outcome: Just to be able to come to this particular 24 hr. Fitness and bathrooms are clean, and I'm mostly talking about the Men Bathrooms and mostly the stalls

N
12:43 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness Renewing my gym membership without my consent.

I want to file a complaint to 24-hour fitness customer service as they fail to resolve any of my issues. I reached out to their phone center, only to be redirected to 24hr at where I go, which is the one in Aborn Rd, 95122. I called them multiple times and no one picked up during working hours.

I went ahead and sent an email on September 25, only to get an automatic reply and never a response. I sent them another email on Oct 5th and still no answer.

When I go to the front desk, they redirect me back to the customer service number. What the fk?

The issue: They renewed my yearly membership without my consent. I have not been to the gym for over 8 months, so it makes no sense that I would want to renew. I was not emailed another relating to renewals so this was a dirty trick done by you guys. Completely unacceptable. I want a refund asap.

My name is Nghi Nguyen. My email is nguyen.[protected]@gmail.com. I am based in San Jose, CA and I go to the one on Aborn Rd.

Desired outcome: Refund.

9:34 am EDT

24 Hour Fitness Services at Ventura 93003 facilities

I have contacted the staff at the Ventura location regarding renewal of my membership with the email offer from 24hr fitness She have no knowledge how to extend my yearly subscription after trying without success She took my info and the offer from the email I received and said manager will be taking care of the matter and call me, The next day she called me to let me know that the forwarded it to the manager and he will call me, Two weeks have passed and no calls from the manager or staff My membership is expired on October/18/23 This is just to let you know that your staff at Ventura ca, location are not trained for maintaining existing members and letting there membership expired. Thank you Hope to see improvement

Desired outcome: Staff with more knowledge Manager that cares about every member/or losing a member And fallow up with members requests

F
6:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

24 Hour Fitness Not issuing annual invoice for my lifetime membership, disconnect my call, did not reaply my eamil, my membership info dissappeared on current website

I am a lifetime mebership member and have been paying my annual fees religiously. This year I have not received an invoice. When I logged in online I see past payments up until last year. But no record of new invoice, that usaully issued on August or September each year.

I can't my contract information online neither.

My account number is: EV13815

Earlier this week September 15, 2023 to September 19, 2023, when I called, the prompt asked me to enter my account number or phone sign in number. I did both. The prompt said it has no record and disconnected my call.

I sent an email to customer service on 24HR's website on the 19th, I recevied no reply.

Desired outcome: Enter my contract information online, send me an invoice so I can pay and continue my lifetime membership. I hope they have not cancelled my membership illegally.

Read full review of 24 Hour Fitness

I sent the email on 24 hr's website again. This time I chose a different location. Surprisingly I got a new email quickly from California San Francsico. Mr Francsico Lopez was professional and helpful. Withim hours he resolved the problem and reinstated my memebership. I went online and paid for my annual fee. I can get back to the gum now!

B
1:17 pm EDT

24 Hour Fitness 24 hour fitness in Glendora and every one I visit...

I have been going to 24 hour fitness for almost 10 years and within the past 5 years it has become to disgusting. I don't even know how people don't complain more often. Your showers are always broken and they disgusting beyond reasoning. You should be ashamed of yourself after you bought the company and broke your contracts you just went down hill. Your saunas are beyond disgusting. Your workers are lazy and understaffed most likely. And your managers are literally never there. Never! It makes me so [censored]ing angry how negligent you guys are with your [censored]ty company and I hope to join another class action in the future.

Desired outcome: Clean your [censored]ing gyms and redo the [censored]ing locker rooms and the [censored]ing tile and re do your showers and your [censored]ing disgusting [censored] saunas and pressure wash ur [censored]ing tile and regrout it.

Z
6:12 pm EDT

24 Hour Fitness Rude staff

On Monday 7/31/2023 at 12:15pm, one of the employees named Kalvin at Newpark Mall club threatened to call the cops on minors, my son and his friends. There was a problem and my son tried to explain to Kalvin, but he accused him of aggressive behavior when he was just arguing. They suspended my account for this reason without talking to me about it. When I went to the club to figure out what was going on, Kalvin didn't want to talk to us so instead his manager came. He had a conversation with his manager and his behavior was supported by his general manager Hillary without listening to the opposite side. I wanted him to explain what happened but he pretended to be busy and didn't want to talk to us.

Desired outcome: I would like to talk and get response for this matter.

About 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness is a fitness center chain that offers a variety of workout options to accommodate a range of fitness interests and goals. With locations across the United States, the company provides members with access to gym facilities at any time of day or night, as the name suggests, catering to those with non-traditional schedules or preferences for less crowded gym environments.

The services at 24 Hour Fitness include a mix of traditional gym equipment, such as weight machines, free weights, and cardio machines. Additionally, they offer a range of group exercise classes, including but not limited to yoga, cycling, dance, and strength training. Personal training services are also available for members seeking one-on-one fitness guidance.

For those interested in aquatic workouts, select locations feature swimming pools where members can participate in lap swimming or aqua classes. Basketball courts and racquetball courts are also available at certain facilities, providing additional recreational fitness options.

Members can manage their memberships and class schedules through the 24 Hour Fitness website or mobile app, which adds a layer of convenience to the experience. The company also provides amenities such as saunas, steam rooms, and locker rooms, aiming to enhance the overall gym experience.

24 Hour Fitness caters to a diverse clientele, from beginners to seasoned athletes, by offering a range of membership plans and pricing options to suit different budgets and fitness needs.

24 Hour Fitness In-depth Review

In Summary: 24 Hour Fitness stands out for its round-the-clock accessibility and a wide range of services catering to diverse fitness needs. With a variety of membership options, extensive equipment, and a plethora of fitness classes, it appeals to a broad audience. However, potential members should be mindful of peak hours and consider the cost-benefit ratio when comparing with other fitness chains.

Overview of 24 Hour Fitness: 24 Hour Fitness has established itself as a leader in the fitness industry, offering extensive gym access, personal training, and group classes. Their mission is to provide an inviting fitness environment for people of all skill levels.

Accessibility and Locations: With numerous locations, finding a 24 Hour Fitness center is generally convenient. Most locations offer ample parking, and some are accessible via public transportation. The facilities are designed to be accessible to individuals with disabilities, ensuring an inclusive environment for all members.

Membership Options and Pricing: Membership levels vary, providing options that range from basic gym access to premium services. While pricing can be competitive, it's important for potential members to compare costs with other fitness chains and be aware of any hidden fees or specific cancellation policies.

Facilities and Equipment: 24 Hour Fitness boasts a wide array of high-quality equipment and well-maintained facilities. Amenities such as showers, lockers, pools, and saunas add value, although crowding can be an issue during peak hours.

Fitness Classes and Personal Training: The range of classes is impressive, catering to different fitness levels and interests. Instructors and personal trainers are generally well-qualified. However, additional costs for these services should be factored into the overall budget.

Customer Service: The staff at 24 Hour Fitness is known for being friendly and professional. The member onboarding process is typically smooth, with support readily available for new members.

Health and Safety Measures: Health and safety are taken seriously, with COVID-19 protocols in place and regular cleaning schedules. Emergency procedures are established, ensuring a safe workout environment.

Community and Culture: The atmosphere at 24 Hour Fitness is welcoming, with a diverse demographic of gym-goers. Community events and member engagement initiatives contribute to a supportive environment.

Member Satisfaction and Testimonials: Reviews from members are mixed, with many citing positive experiences and transformations. However, some common criticisms should be acknowledged, providing valuable feedback for potential improvements.

Additional Services and Partnerships: 24 Hour Fitness offers nutritional guidance and wellness programs, which are beneficial additions for members. Partnerships with health insurance and corporate wellness programs can offer added value.

Mobile App and Online Resources: The mobile app is functional, allowing for easy account management and class bookings. Online workout programs are available, although the quality can vary.

Comparison with Competitors: 24 Hour Fitness holds its own against other gym chains with its extensive services and 24/7 availability. However, it's important to weigh its offerings against competitors to determine the best fit for individual needs.

Final Verdict and Recommendations: Overall, 24 Hour Fitness offers good value for money and is suitable for a wide range of fitness enthusiasts. While there is always room for improvement, it remains a solid choice for those seeking a reliable and accessible fitness center.

How to file a complaint about 24 Hour Fitness?

### Guide on Filing a Complaint or Review about 24 Hour Fitness on ComplaintsBoard.com

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account on ComplaintsBoard.com, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account to proceed.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue you have experienced with 24 Hour Fitness in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with 24 Hour Fitness.
- Mention key areas such as transactions, nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred.
- Utilize the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking from 24 Hour Fitness.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to submit your complaint or review about 24 Hour Fitness.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for any responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Follow these steps to effectively file a complaint or review about 24 Hour Fitness on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ratings on other sites
Sitejabber
3.7
7 review
Overview of 24 Hour Fitness complaint handling

314 24 Hour Fitness reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 20, 2006. The latest review I was billed twice in March 2024 was posted on Apr 3, 2024. The latest complaint On October 31, 2019, Myself and my husband, signed on a 1-year contract with 24 hour fitness was resolved on Feb 21, 2024. 24 Hour Fitness has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 314 reviews. 24 Hour Fitness has resolved 76 complaints.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

24 Hour Fitness phone numbers

1. +1 (800) 432-6348
    +1 (800) 432-6348
    Click up if you have successfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (800) 432-6348 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have successfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (800) 432-6348 phone number Click up if you have UNsuccessfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (800) 432-6348 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (800) 432-6348 phone number
    Member Services
  1. +1 (888) 243-5002
    +1 (888) 243-5002
    Click up if you have successfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (888) 243-5002 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have successfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (888) 243-5002 phone number Click up if you have UNsuccessfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (888) 243-5002 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached 24 Hour Fitness by calling +1 (888) 243-5002 phone number
    Check Pricing / Buy a Membership

24 Hour Fitness address

12647 Alcosta Blvd № 500
San Ramon, CA 94583, USA

24 Hour Fitness Category

24 Hour Fitness is related to the Other category.

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with 24 Hour Fitness?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 24 Hour Fitness Customer Service. Initial 24 Hour Fitness complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 24 Hour Fitness above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 24 Hour Fitness. Discuss the issues you have had with 24 Hour Fitness and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.