Zibby / Cognical — unauthorized credit and bank card processing & bad billing
On October 27, 2018 I signed lease with Zibby.com for a new laptop with accessories I wanted from Lenovo. Per Zibby's requirements I made the initial deposit of $45.00 using my personal credit card. The lease agreement from that point forward required me to make a payment every two weeks.
On Saturday, November 15th I received both a text and email from Zibby stating that they tried to charge the credit card on file and the payment didn't go through. I never gave Zibby permission to do that but regardless I went out to the website and made a payment of $113. 56 that same day using my bank debit card.
On Monday, November 17th I received a text again saying a payment needed to be made without thinking I made another payment using my bank debit card. Then later that day I got another text and at that point I checked my bank account an found out I had paid them twice. I called Zibby who apologies and said the second payment would be applied towards my next payment due Nov 30th.
On November 29th I received a text stating Zibby had tried to charge my debit card for the payment and it didn't go through so to please call. I didn't give Zibby permission to charge my bank debit card and they had already been overpaid. So after talking to a customer service representative I was told it was Zibby's practice to charge the card on file which is setup as a default and ONLY if you call will they not do so so she turned off the automatic ACH.
That same day Zibby charged me another $113.56 so that now 3 payments made in less than a 32 day period. It didn't matter who I talked to they would not rectify the problem of the over payments. I am now forced to take the following actions:
1. Pay off the laptop sooner to meet the lease and not do any business again with them .
2. Pay via certified mail and keep record of my payments to keep these crooks from using my card toward future payments without my permission.
3. Report them to the both the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection and Better Business Bureau.
I don't know what's pissing me off more there disturbing ACH transaction practices or their lack in caring about making right on payments made. Buyer Beware.
More Zibby / Cognical Complaints & Reviews
- Zibby.com - fraudulent loan practices 
- Zibby.com - refuse to give refund 
- Zibby / Cognical - misconception 
- Zibby - harassment, refusing to refund a double charge, fraud, lies, unethical behaviors
- Zibby Online Aution - added payment to terms & conditions
- Zibby / Cognical - zibby leasing
- Zibby / Cognical - zibby lease company
- Katapult (formerly Zibby) - my wayfair lease
- Zibby / Cognical - fraudulent account
- Katapult (formerly Zibby) - refused refund