Zazzle Blackcharges credit card without authorization

A Review updated:

Signed up for a thirty day trial of "Zazzle Black" with the understanding that it was a TRIAL and that, like most TRIALS, I'd have a chance to opt out before the company charged me for the service. This is usually how these things work, yes? So roughly a month after receiving my first Zazzle order, a few postcards which "saved me $5 in shipping" (the last time I checked, mailing about a dozen postcards costs a whopping total of 85 cents!), I noticed a charge from Zazzle on my card. This wasn't the charge for the postcards, it was an additional charge for "zazzle black." I did not receive ANY notice whatsoever that my trial was due to expire, and that my credit card would be charged. Upon notifying Zazzle, they refused to refund the 9.95 because I didn't cancel "within the 30 days" but instead canceled about an hour after the charge was made. This is piss poor customer service and sneaky business. If you're not going to refund the absurd charge, you must at provide advance notice that this charge is going to occur. I'll never order anything from this place again. The printing was of good quality, but the shipping is a rip-off and Zazzle is not at all dazzling with customer service. Spreading the word about this, too, this place doesn't deserve any more money made off of exorbitant shipping fees and scam services.

• Ta
    Tayler G. May 30, 2020

They charged me 39.95 after I canceled my plan and they canceled my purchase after using the free trial and then I tried to order again and they charged me

• Ka
    Kathie Kerr Sep 08, 2019

#MeToo

• Re
    Rebecca Eshelman Feb 06, 2019

They just charged me the $9.95 as well. Here is the real kicker, I did cancel their 30 day trial. I made sure to. That was over a year ago. I have not even ordered anything from them in over a year. I never signed up for any auto renewal. I contacted them and they are claiming I never canceled it. Oh come on, if I had never canceled it they would have charged me after the 30 day trial, not well over a year later. And as others have said, they don't even make it where you can delete your credit card from their site, which I don't see how that is legal for them to keep it on file without a way to remove it. So I guess now I get to go through the hassle of credit card fraud.

• Th
    ThomasOSB May 15, 2018

Did you try disputing it with your credit card company? That's what I am trying now.

• Za
    ZazzleZucks Jan 01, 2018

Zazzle auto renewed the zazzle black without my authorization... As if that was not enought... Zazzle does not let you remove your credit card information so they can find illegal reasons to charge your credit card!!

• Me
    Melody Siefert Jan 31, 2016

This same thing happened to me. Entered into a 30 day free trial but never received any further info as to how to cancel or even if I had to cancel. Saved $7.95 on my shipping order for a order that was placed in December, 2014. Suddenly, today 1/31/16, a year after having ordered anything or entering into the 30 day free trial, I was charged $9.95 for the black membership. Went back through my email to see an email with the subject line "no action required - your annual renewal of black membership". Of course I did not see the email until after the charge had go through my paypal account. Very fraudulent if you ask me. A 30 day trial that lasted a year and then suddenly they charge me $9.95. Needless to say, I contacted them via email and have demanded my $9.95 back and turned off the auto-renewal which mind you I don't recall agreeing to with my 30-day free membership.

Marilyn Francis Mar 24, 2017

@Melody Siefert Did they issue your refund? Dealing with the same thing here.

• Lu
    lunnara Dec 18, 2014

Completely agree with you on this! I could see this becoming a class action lawsuit. I am trying to get a refund right now.