Menu

YES! Communities  -  Inability to get my deposit back

K
Author of the complaint
8:23 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

What does it take to get my deposit back? I was told 30-45 days. It is now day 67 and after leaving numerous messages, I can't even get a return phone call from the manager of Terrell Crossing. Who does business like this? You took my money instantaneously, but it's like pulling freaking teeth to get it back. I've called and left messages with Yes Communities so-called resident relations team. That's laughable. It's nothing but a disposable voicemail for people they don't want to deal with.

Additionally, I left the home in immaculate shape. I thoroughly cleaned everything and shampooed the carpets. The only issue was a quarter sized hole in the carpet from my sister in law's office chair. I was told by the leasing consultant that people very rarely left a home in such nice shape, and that the hole was minor and could be fixed for little to nothing by the handymen. However, the invoice I received from Yes Communities showed that they withheld $300 for carpet and pad — for a quarter sized hole that I could have fixed with a swatch of carpet! Any method, no matter how vile, to avoid giving me back the deposit I made in good faith.

I want my deposit back. Ideally, it would include the $300 you took out for carpet and pad. Leasing consultant, Gina, told me that the quarter sized hole could be easily fixed by her handymen for no cost because they have plenty of the carpet used in the home. She said this in front of 2 witnesses. She also (in front of witnesses) went on and on, thanking me for cleaning the home so well, and for thoroughly cleaning the carpets. She told me (again in front of witnesses) that the only thing that would be withheld from my deposit was the water and trash bill for the last month I was there.

Update by Kele Johnson
Jul 07, 2021 10:15 am

Your employee, Gina, was given my address change in writing on April 29, 2021, and again on May 1, 2021 in a text message, which I can provide, on May 1, 2021. I have called your so-called "resident" line several times since then without ONE returned phone call. I also called the Terrell Crossing Manager NUMEROUS times with no return phone calls. It would hehoove you people to return phone calls. You'd be surprised how reasonable people act when their concerns are acknowledged and acted upon.

I finally went to the office on June 25th and demanded some kind of action. Gina called me on Monday, June 28th, and gave me some bullcrap story about how my check had only gone through 4 of the 6 people necessary to approve it. According to her, my check hadn't even cleared your office.

So someone is lying, and at this point, I don't even care which one of you it is. I expect you to overnight my check, and I want it in my hands by the end of the week. I work from home. I have nothing but time to leave crappy reviews all over social media.

By the way, you might want to familiarize yourself with Texas Law. You are obligated to have my deposit refund in my hands within 30 days. Here's a hint for you. If a former tenant is calling you and telling you they have not received their deposit in a reasonable amount of time, you might want to ACTUALLY CALL THEM BACK!

More YES! Communities complaints & reviews

YES! Communities - dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
YES! Communities - manager/tyrant
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
YES! Communities - do not move here!
YES! Communities - incredily lousy landlords
YES! Communities - false eviction, discrimination
YES! Communities - office manager and residents in 68
YES! Communities - independence station independence, mo 64056
YES! Communities - raising rent
1 comments
A
May 04, 2022 10:57 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a situation with yes community. I had actual feces more than 40ft under my trailer for an entire year. After many attempts at getting them to resolve the issue. I finally mailed a letter to the office. Personally asked for a return in my deposit and rent since I was rented an unsafe dwelling. The manager refused so I told her I would take the matter to court. I placed a judgement on yes communities and moved out. 4 months later I received an email asking me to sign my final move out notice. With my deposit being $2,500 I was to receive $250 back. I was given a check list for procedures of what the community expected to have completed when moving out. I placed and patched every pin hole there was. Well I was charged for paint and every single normal wear and tear you could think of. Imagine sleeping every night less than 3 ft for an entire year from multiple people waste. Simply because, the park used 3" pipe and refused to resolve or fix anything about the issue until they were served summons. Then to have 4 months go by asking me to sign the final move out notice. Which would have had my forwarding address if I had received it. Yes not technically 30days. But, they have " A reasonable amount of time" which typically is 30 days. In my situation I had to branch out to the regional manager to even get acknowledgment of the first judgement. The 2nd judgement of the deposit I had no issues. The manager went to court that time with someone that was able to represent yes communities unlike the first time. But, it was so straightforward of the wrongdoing. The judge simply just asked both attorney's if they knew the law they both agreed. Over with.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

245 complaints