Menu
YES! Communities company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

244 complaints
118 resolved 126 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by YES! Communities customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of YES! Communities. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:59 am

YES! Communities - Northridge Estates

I signed a lease on 3/7/2022 for a really good friend and paid 6 months rent in advance. My friend works multiple 12, 14 and 16 hours shifts and yesterday, management busted into his home unannounced to do their "Gold Key" check. He was awakened by his dogs going crazy and then accused that he had pitbulls. His dogs are NOT pitbulls and he has since rehoned one of them. The other is a register service dog. He also cares for his dad whom also lives at this property. We communicated on the front end and mentioned multiple times that his mom and dad would be living with him and were never told anyone else had to be on the lease until 2 weeks after he is moved in and settled. The treatment, that my friend especially, and I have received from the management of this property has been complete disrespect and a violation of privacy. We have been nothing but upfront regarding what Heather feels is the result of reasons to evict. This is completely unfair to someone who is trying their best to keep a roof over their head. Also, we have made several attempts to call and nobody answers or returns our calls when we leave messages.

Desired outcome: Reverse eviction notice and show some common courtesy to you residents. This is very unprofessional behavior.

3:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a resident since December 2016. When Meritus communities were managing the park. They were so much better even the office staff were decent and compassionate then the staff now. My 8 yr old grandson tragically drowned at a pool party June 2017. I had just started working as the pool monitor two weeks before this happened. The office staff truly...

8:58 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

👋 hello, I recently moved into the Howell estates community on February 14, 2022, Every buddy we spoke to was very welcoming when we filled out our application, Unfortunately not even a week after we had moved in we had received a call from Stephanie in the office asking me to not use my back door due to the neighbor having PTSD, And that my back door wa...

8:20 am

YES! Communities - Greenbrier estates in batavia ohio

The manger is attacking me since I have 8 tank animals all esa's and one service animal. And never kicked out the guy who lives at 178 who sexually harassed me and it's been over 2 years since I used the pool and fitness center and shelia tried to kick me out of my own home one year and she claimed that I didn't pay rent when I did. And me and my service dog were missed treated by 228

Desired outcome: 3 free lots and no lot rent for the rest of my life

C
1:06 pm

YES! Communities - over payment not refundes

Hello I'm complaining about overpayment of my rent I moved out January 31st of this year Mission Estates El Paso Texas charge me for February I have called yes headquarters many times yet my refund hasn't been posted or they haven't sent me a check I have spoke with mister Samuel many times he states that he's going to take care of it to give them time and nothing has been resolved yet it's going on 2 months and I am getting a really upset with these progress and yet I do not want to get a lawyer and sue you guys so if you can help me with this I would really appreciate it the payment is $585 thank you

Desired outcome: My name is Carolina Rodriguez I lived in Mission Estates El Paso Texas Trailer 88 my number 9152607432

C
7:46 pm

YES! Communities - Siding damage from community lawn crew

Over two years ago I contacted Jackie at Paradise lakes MHP where we have a home. I told her that the lawn company that mows for everyone has put a hole in my siding on my shed from weed wiping too close. She put a work order in. They never came to fix it. I called and reported that it was not fixed. She said someone closed the work order and she would write another one. Two years have passed and not complete. I have called her and Evelyn about this at office. No response. They do not return my call. What do I have to do to get service around here for damage to my property from your company people? My phone number is 6122729623. I would like a return call

Desired outcome: I want the siding fixed as promised

YES! Communities - Fan cover

I live in Avon on the lakes in Rochester Hills, Michigan... Moved in April 2021, having bathroom fan cover broken and promised to be replaced as the fan cover would not stay on the ceiling. Insulation exposed. Embarrassing. It is now January 25th. 2022. Still not replaced. Bad resident promises not kept. Garbage disposal broken immediately after I moved in, promised once again to be fixed... Still waiting.

Desired outcome: STILL WAITING FOR PROMISES

I
10:28 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Management sucks... If you call they don't answer the phone or call you back They hire the cheapest lawn people so only half the grass gets mowed. Apparently the lawn people don't see the grass knee high... Plus none of them speak a lick of english so it's like talking to yourself... They put a hole in the kitchen floor last monday they haven't been back...

G
3:07 pm

YES! Communities - Outstanding communication and resolve problems with Mr. Eli Valdez

After I've been living there 7 years it seems the management seems the manager can I stay there for a while for years after 7 years is the first person mr. Valdez and the manager at Camino Creek off 9605 US Highway 90 West San Antonio Texas both talk to me I contact smiles and right away resolve the problem these two are the first persons I encountered but they listen and concerned about the situation that I had you need more professional two people like this to stay there and stop moving people around different people that work there in the office maintenance or grounds they Porter's but the people that work in the office these two people have eye contact and as soon as I walked in they address me right away not sitting down on the bus like the other path ones we had didn't concert and didn't care about our problems are situations I give these two people 5 gold stars outstanding job thank you very much from Miss Rodriguez

Desired outcome: Wonderful Salem leasing person and management thank you for your great job

10:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whoever received this so I've live at Eagle Creek Ranch Tyler tx with Diana the drug dealer the one that tries to sleep with ppl husband and boyfriend but don't handle business. When I first moved in she let me forage my mothers signature on documents so they could get the homes filled up paid 1500 deposit with things not up to standard black mold wa...

YES! Communities - Office lady

I live in Pleasantville in Monroe MI. Yes communities took over our community. Their office lady, if thats what you call her, is never ever in the office. We have to leave messages instead of speaking with her directly that is poor business etiquette! Then this "office lady" tried to rip us off! She was trying to steal money from us when MCOP was paying our rent for the months we were not making enough money due to covid. She had the nerve to call me asking if I was going to pay something after I had already told her that they were paying our back rent & 3 months extra after that. She told me that MCOP does not pay for my water & sewage & that EVERYBODY else was making an effort except for us. WHAT?! I told her that MCOP was paying it all since it comes on one monthly bill. She is a scammer that was trying to steal money from tenants! UNACCEPTABLE! Thank god I am smarter than her because MCOP payed everything! I feel bad for the other tenants that actually gave HER money when they were not supposed to! This place is a bunch of scammers! DO NOT MOVE INTO A YES COMMUNITY! My husband works for a company that does work for Yes & he knows what needs to be done before they sell a trailer to somebody & they sold us a trailer that was not fixed underneath! They are also picking on the tenants with older trailers so they can evict these low income people so they can put new ones in & charge almost $1, 000 a month for a 2 bedroom trailer! Isn't that discrimination? Im so tired of this place! We are moving to a beautiful 3 bedroom double wide in March that's way cheaper! These people are a rip off! Something should be done about Yes Communities trying to steal money from low income tenants! Prosecution I say! This is a terrible company that should pay for what they are doing to their tenants! DISGUSTING!

R
Apr 28, 2022 8:08 am

I agree that the Yes! goal does seem to be push older tenants and older homes out. (Yes! also enforces the smallest rules too that people can't comply with or even makes up some)

Financially, I don't see how they can recoup the cost of moving new-homes in and all the money that costs in 2022. If that actually happens in Monroe. But hey that's not my place to say. In Coachville there are many empty spots. (Looks like 'Blight' with ruts...) I can think of only 1 new home moved in the last 5 years. The used trailer market is 'ok'. Some people like to put money into remodeling them. But I don't know too many who want to buy a new one.

J
8:01 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YES! Communities - Need my home fixed but your company won’t release the insurance money

I have an insurance claim 202127560 and the insurance company has sent me the funds to fix my home. The guest bathroom has a leak under the tub and the entire subfloor of the back of the home is completely rotted. First bank is the one who allocates the funding according to Yes communities polices. I have had 4 different contractors come to my home wanting to do repairs but because of of how the funds will be allocated, each contractor has decided not they can't work for me. I was told half of the funds would be released for materials and the other half would be released upon completion of the work. No one works for free! Legally, this insurance money is mine and I need to desperately get my home fixed before the tub in the guest bathroom falls through the sub flooring. I have spoken with an attorney who will take my case if your company chooses not to sign the checks and allow me to fix my home. I have attached photos below of the rot below. Thank you, Jonathan Norwood

Desired outcome: I want the ins checks signed so I can pay to fix my home

H
6:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I'm leaving this complainant here because we have lived in one of y'all's home for three years and then about a week or less before Christmas we get a paper saying that we have to move out because our home is being sold and we haven't been able to find anything else so now me and my kids and my fiancé are without a house and being told that we where...

A
11:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Reynolds Senior Village Toledo. An eviction notice was taped to my door sometime after 5 pm from Janet park manager on 1/7/22. It said I was to vacate my home in 3 days. I paid my rent on 1/5/22 on 3:04pm in full using the portal that was set up for me years ago by Nicki. I have the receipt from yes communities. This action was in retaliation to the...

11:46 am

YES! Communities - Mobile home title

I acquired a mobile home in Robin Glenn mobile home park in Saginaw Michigan in approximately April of 2021, I have never been provided the title as promised, I have been told several different things about the title and I am still waiting months later to get the title. I have tried speaking to management here and have never received the title I continue to get told different things I have reached out to [email protected] email and have never received a response, the only thing that email address does is send an email to the community Management that does absolutely nothing, I have requested several times for corporate to call me to come to a resolution and they have yet to do that as well. I have called the 844 number and left a message, still have received no response I just want the title to this mobile home and if there is not one I need resolution to this ASAP. I am done getting the runaround on the title to this mobile home.

S
3:06 pm

YES! Communities - My landlord is asking for more rent money

I am currently living in Shiloh Pines communities in Tyler, , TX. I received and inviction notice in November and paid the 1110 the judge ordered plus my December rent 1158 because they wouldn't take November's rent without me paying December's also all of this was paid on the 5th of December. The manager said he would wave all the late fees because I told him I would not pay the 2621 amount. Well, in all I had to pay him 2421 because he wouldn't accept any less to be current. Now on December 17th the manager has text me from his personal number to ask me am I going to be able to pay the 537.36 I owe. I don't owe him anything else he's trying to con me out of money at this point I've called the corporate office and the regional office plus I've spoken to an attorney someone in that office needs to start investigating this community because I'm not the only one they are doing this mess to.

Mar 01, 2022 9:52 am

Rental photos show the rentals to be in extraordinary condition and hint at regular maintenance or repairs which isn't the case. Once you move in, you discover all sorts of problems like the HVAC not working, faucets dripping, etc. Initially, everything is hunky dory as they schmooze you and make it sound like the greatest place on earth. That soon changes when you don't fall for their sales tactics to purchase the home. Management kept tapping into my credit reports so I kept getting alerts from the credit reporting agencies of multiple inquiries from the same source, Yes! Communities. Management then keeps calling me about purchasing the home because I have an excellent credit rating (cheaper than rent and you can own your home in no time). Discovered 1 neighbor had the right length extension cord to reach my external electric outlet so he could do his yardwork with the electric trimmer/ blower. Other neighbor did their annual tamale production out on the porch and dumped their nasty red grease against my home; I happened to look out to see the woman rushing with her frypan to discard the contents so no one would see her. Naturally the lie was that the contents were only water, which it wasn't ( why discard water against someone else's home?). Since there are multiple stray animals from people carelessly discarding their pets when no longer wanted, I had animals scratching at the siding all night in an attempt to find food because of the odor. Properties are extremely close and neighbors tether their animals on tiny porches or in the small yards, adversely impacting their neighbors with noise or feces. During fall leaf clean- up, neighbors wait for weather reports of high wind. You can hear several people using yard blowers under the cover of darkness to blow leaves out of their area onto the street or their neighbors area. Since my home was in an incline, the stuff would get trapped to knee high levels. Aside from the noise from pets, there are the blaring vehicle stereos and home systems. Some neighbors monopolize every vacant space for their multiple visitors including parking areas on speed bumps, over curbs, and directly under your windows, even though they are not designated parking areas. One freak who was notorious for accumulating pets, abusing them, then letting them free, was never reported or prosecuted even though I could identify the animals coming from his home. One kitten came begging to me for food which I fed only to discover later it went into distress from an injury. It was later discovered the small animal had been thrown against something. As it attempted to regain health and started playing, she developed respiratory distress and had to be put down for fractured bones in her chest region, $400 to help and then euthanize a small helpless animal. Management knew because they saw the animal in my home and I later reported on it's demise. That pathological freak continued to live in the park and was never kept from getting more animals. Although there are pet clean-up policies, these are also ignored with many folks walking pets under cover of darkness, or allowing them to run free and soil wherever they went. The house meter malfunctioned with the sewage bill 10 times more than usual, I had no parties or unusual dumping down the drains. I complained, no refund, but they quietly snuck out to replace the meter, hoping I wouldn't notice. I was always verbally placated or demeaned about any maintenance or repair issues or I was put at doubt about my observation skills especially with roof leaks ( "it's not a bad leak"). My clothes kept getting wet in the closet with no apparent source until the ceiling lamp fell because the globe was laden with rain water. They did a half [censored] attempt to do roof patches before I see wetness in the hallway and got doubted again. Then I'm told I can't be right because they already patched the roof for any suspicious areas. The ceiling became soft and mushy, dropping the ceiling light. 3 leaks before they installed a cheap metal roof over the mess. Then Im harassed about buying the home again since they did repairs. The bathtub was cracked the whole time I was there with attempts to patch it with epoxy, emitting toxic fumes. The idiot repairman left the bathroom door open so volatile fumes enveloped the home when he should have closed the bathroom door after turning on the exhaust fan to push the odor outdoors. Floor is unlevel from the home re-settling after heavy rains to where the fire alarm door opens causing it to screech like there's a fire, most often during the middle of the night. Faucets were so worn they started leaking to where they couldn't be shut off. Their answer was for me to replace the faucet knob because they're cheap at Walmart. HVAC did not receive maintenance for 3 years, I was having to use portable units to control the indoor temperature. I could say more but I'm already exhausted. I was approached when the Covid moratoriums we're expiring to read and sign a 13 page amendment along with a new lease that basically outlined more fees plus disclaimers protecting management and the corporation against any liability for damages or health issues. Along with that, mandatory e-funds transfer directly from my bank account to pay rent. In another disaster or pandemic, I may not eat or get medical care but they'd get their rent. With this new ultimatum, I was literally forced out because it also gave the exterminator unlimited access with disclaimers of any liability of damage to property or health issues to myself or my pets. Oh, speaking of pets, a small hamster that never got free because it had an large secure cage and exercise toys cost me $25 a month. Yes, I left for my health and sanity and I was tired of paying $6 to take my own trash to a dumpster. I can't forget the new up front mandatory $675 cleaning fee to accompany the new lease. Now I screen every property for any affiliation with Yes! and I avoid it like the plague.

3:27 am

YES! Communities - Apply late fees, before the date of also no response for maintenance

Currently living here and I now I can't wait to leave, the set up is only designed to take money, not taking care of the property or the tenants/ homeowners on the property, before the 2nd they have eviction notice already posted leaving for kids to see which bothered me alot, and putting each situation on someone else, the place is ran by a corporation not people, and they go up in land fee every year, 600 + for land fee, ridiculous

12:02 pm

YES! Communities - security deposit

i moved out of my mobile home on october 1, 2021. i recieved a letter from westbridge manor within a week or so stating that i would be recieving appromimately $914 of my security deposit back within 30 days. it has been 8 weeks. i hane contacted the office many times, speaking with michelle. i was told that i needed to speak with glenda. i left several messages for her but NEVER recieved a return call. i kept calling and finally she answered the phone. she, of course, blamed it on the post office. standard excuse that everyone uses these days. today november 22, 2021, she said i would have the check within 7 days. this money is christmas for my family. after reading the complaints on your website regarding security deposits not being sent or recieved i must say that i have serious doubts that i will get my deposit within 7 days. i lived on your property for 4 years without paying rent late even once. i obviously left the property in excellent condition. would someone please confirm that the info. glenda gave me is true? my name is toni ramsey. my address was 46541 chamund dr macomb mi 48316. my email is [email protected] phone 5866230668. looking forward to a prompt response

Desired outcome: receipt of my security deposit

9:48 am

YES! Communities - Working for yes communities

I was terminated from the maintenance department at 5 seasons trailer park 10/16/2021 by the regional manager in charge of 5 seasons trailer park in Davenport, is. The reasoning, which is bogus, was that I wasn't a good match. I was told that I couldn't do work without a certain maintenance member being around. The fact of the matter is that certain jobs couldn't be completed because of a lack of materials or residents were not home or available to allow maintenance work to be completed. The real reason for my termination, I feel, is that I made a proposal that would save yes communities some money. I proposed to clean out units that were abandoned or evicted at no cost, as anything that maybe salvaged would offset any fees the company would incur. Which I was told costs 200 dollars a pop for 1800yougotjunk to come in and do the same job. This would be done on my own time, after working hours and weekends. I was told this is a conflict of interest. It clearly would not be as I would be operating my own business. Anyone with half a brain knows that when someone leaves a domicile, after a week, sometimes less, anything left behind they are not coming back for. I started out enjoying working for yes communities but after 2 months in I should have stayed with Gorman and company.

B
2:15 am

YES! Communities - The tree up over my home

To whom it may concern, we moved here in 2001 and we always had that big old tree problem I put it in writing in our file when we moved in here we needed the tree cut no one ever cut it the neighbors next door was complaining about the tree too when they lived here they moved out then we went and told the office again and they said they were going to come look at it someone came out and looked at it and then said okay about the tree and that was it well a few months went by and we had problems with our AC unit we had American home shield then when American home shield came out and looked at our AC unit they told us that they could not fix it because the tree damaged our AC unit they could not fix the AC unit then after we got that looked at and resolved then we had a storm when we had that storm the big old tree fell on our house and it put a few holes in our home then we had to get that fixed where the the rain and stuff would not come in our home then they were cutting all the trees down around us and they just passed our tree bye I guess because I didn't want to cut it and here are some pictures what the big tree done to our home Thanks sincerely Trena Holloway
382 Sue Ellen Ave Wylie Tx 75098
[email protected]

Desired outcome: Would like the tree cut so it don't tear up anything else also fixing our home

YES! Communities contacts