Menu

YES! Communities  -  Demand notices / towing of vehicles

M
Author of the complaint
7:54 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a resident since December 2016. When Meritus communities were managing the park. They were so much better even the office staff were decent and compassionate then the staff now. My 8 yr old grandson tragically drowned at a pool party June 2017. I had just started working as the pool monitor two weeks before this happened. The office staff truly understood why I couldn't continue to work at the pool after my grandson drowned at a friend's pool. Since yes communities has taken over I feel like this park is a prison reform for low income people when I first moved here my rent was $899 for a new 3 bedroom plus water sewage gas and electric. Now that I'm doing month to month at $100 extra a month increased $50 from last yr then with the water and sewage added to the rent my new rate for April 1st at $1273. Being I'm on SSDI my payment is deposited on the 3rd of every month at $1392 a month and $228 earned income I am struggling and trying to find a more affordable place to live my electric is $297 a month on the budget explain this how it is this high for a mobile home that is insane the gas is 66 a month the rule was rent is do on the first of every month no later than the 5th well not anymore every month I get a demand for rent eviction notice dated on the 2nd like how can they do this I've told them I don't get my SSDI until the 3rd of every month therefore my rent will be paid on the 3rd or 4th of the month. But I still get the same notice every month on the 3rd dated on the 2nd and states that they can count these as late notices and can evict you after a certain amount. I have never been evicted and my rent has always been paid on time meaning the first week of the month. They attempted to charge me $1045 to replace two storm doors that were damaged by high winds but yet have over 20 homes with no storm door or a storm door hanging off the hinges broken they replaced them and 7 months later the front one is damaged again they don't install them correctly to start. Then they tow any vehicles that are parked on the side of the street someone said a door dash or some type of delivery got there vehicle towed the tow company they have contracted make rounds numerous times through the day and night 7 days a week looking for cars that are parked along side of the road even if there not blocking or creating an issue I feel like that is a form of tenant harassment from the landlord now that I know a mobile home is definitely not worth it's price tag I would never recommend anyone to buy a new one unless you have no more than 1 or 2 kids in six yrs mine has failed the test of 4 grandkids that have pretty much put it to the test a big fail from the carpet to the cabinet handles falling off the corners and top of the cupboards are not real wood they are overlayed with some cheap wallpaper stuff. The door handles brake or fall off the doors to enter the home are not installed properly therefore have issues one being you can't lock your door. But I have a 6 yr old boxer/pit that would gladly accommodate a stranger coming in my door. I just feel like I'm struggling to live here financially and feel like I'm in a prison camp .

More YES! Communities complaints & reviews

YES! Communities - dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
YES! Communities - manager/tyrant
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
YES! Communities - do not move here!
YES! Communities - incredily lousy landlords