yakpoor service and tech dept revenge

my 10meg internet service was disconnected 3 weeks ago. My Yak phone still worked, but tech department claimed it was my wiring. I checked the connection from the terminal(former belltech) tested ok. My modem is highend and trouble shoots to their central station as problem. Called Yak and they then disconnected my phone. after 5 days fighting with Yak they sent bell tech out to check. He found it was a Yak port problem and informed them of it. They would look after. Nothing happened until next morning, when I got message from Yak's lying manager that the site technician reported it was my wiring problem. I called the bell tech's cell phone(i got his number at my house) and told him of this, he called the yak employee in central office who then activated my phone and internet again. Hours later the Yak tech manager called me again telling me it was my wiring problem, at which time I Informed him I had service. Within 1 hour Yak them reduced my bandwidth to under 10 meg down. Last week I complained that the service bandwidth was reduced to under 5 meg and 512k upload. They said they would correct this and nothing happened. Yesterday I call to complain about bandwidth, Yak informed me that they could not do anything. I decided to reduce service to 5 meg and pay for what I got. To day they reduced my bandwidth to 2700 kbs download and 232 k upload. I cant win. This organization is truely dishonest and revengeful.
cc crtc
complaints board
facebook etc:

• Ph
    Phil L. 0 Feb 05, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I called them and confirmed I was no longer a customer and a year later I got a phone bill for a years worth of service, with not one phone call on it! I called them and told them I had called a year ago and that they confirmed I was no longer a customer. They said "I'm sorry, but you're still on our network". I said, but I had service from another company for that entire period of time, further more, I called and it was CONFIRMED TO ME that I was no longer a customer. I then did not receive any bills FOR A YEAR. They call me night and day, demanding money. They say they have no termination fee, I think they are trying to do an end-run around this.

• Di
    Dianew Nov 25, 2009

if you need another voice i am here i spent days and hours trying to get through to yak and when i finally would they would hang up or pass me around to different people they had shut off my service claiming i owed money which i did'nt and would not turn it back on so i switched companies and over a year later they claimed i owed them over 600.00 for internet service they forgot to charge me for they call my home at least 10 times a day 7 days a week still trying to get past the frustration and harassment i to am thinking of taking them to court could use all the support i can get never in my life have i dealt with such a f------ed up company. My name is Diane Whetham

• Di
    Disgusted Mar 30, 2009

This is the worste kind of company. The emotional damage they do to you and your family is absolutely disgusting. I am looking into a class action suite against Yak.

• He
    Heather D Sheridan Jan 27, 2009

I too had my service switched without my concent or knowledge...I am in the process of filing a complaint with the CRTC...I was advised to wait to see if I recieved any bills..it came today...

• Mr
    Mrs. JOan Conway Jan 22, 2009

I was a member of Yak for a very long time and my account came through my local Aliant Invoice each month. Someone at yak called and said they were no longer serviced by Aliant and I would be dealing with them directly. I have not received a bill for months and have been trying to reach them to find out what was causing my troubles but I have spent hours and hours on the telephone trying to reach them but I get a message saying they are all busy. I can call them any time of the night or day. I have been restricted from making any long distance calls and cannot reach them. Very very frustrated in Bsihops Falls Newfoundland

Ann Dec 03, 2008

I had my phone changed over to YAK without any notification. The nightmare which is still going on happened on Monday Dec 3, I was able to make calls but could receive calls, I only found this out because I was out and needed to call my home. On Tuesday I called Rogers to have them trouble shoot, and they were unable to solve the problem until later in the day when they said that my phone service had been changed. I told them that this is the first I am hearing about this.
    It should be noted way back at the beginning of Sep I said I would go with Yak, they said they would be out to do the install on Sep 22 no one showed up called or any other communication. In Nov I got calls from sales reps asking if I wanted YAK and I told them in no uncertain terms that NO I do not want your service. I want to know what recourse others in this situation have done, it will take me 3-5 days to get my Rogers service back and many dollars in prepaid tel vouchers and unable to communicat.